Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

looking for tabs

i've looked everywhere it seems, anyone know where i can find tablature for Ted Nugents - Hibernation ?

cant find a heavy enough distortion

I play a 5 string bass and were tuned down to Csharp.also were a three piece so i need something with some fukin balls.Does anybody out therer know of anything i may have overlooked in my quest for destruction.

Re: cant find... (here's a pedal...)

: I play a 5 string bass and were tuned down to Csharp.also were a three piece so i need something with some fukin balls.Does anybody out therer know of anything i may have overlooked in my quest for destruction.

---> try the new Zoom pedal "Tri-Metal" TM-01
---> it's heavy. also, an EQ works better to turn *down* frequencies than to try to increase them...
---> also recall the folks on yer Cannibal Corpse CD have tripled their quadrupled and quintupled tracks so they sound thicker.... can't really reproduce that onstage without an expensive digital delay....

"death to false metal!!!!!!"

Y'all can get a FREE ESP GUITAR from Injected.

Hey y'all! I just found an awesome contest when I was checking out the band INJECTED. They sorta sound like Incubus, Hoobastank, etc. Anyway, they're giving away a free signed ESP at:

http://www.campuscircle.net/c_injected.htm

Check it out, guitar-maniacs! -- DeeeGenerate

I WANT TO LEARN!!

My brother got a guitar for Christmas and I always wanted to learn how to play one. Now that I have the chance I want to know where to start or how to go about starting. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Re: I WANT TO LEARN!!

I'm fairly new at it too, but i started looking around online for lessons, it helped a lot. try www.tabcrawler.com

First you should go to local music library and find a "book for beginners" (with a cassette)
(like "learn to play jazz with guitar in three days")

You could also learn by taking your guitar and yourself next to radio, listen to the melody of
your favourite song and try to play with the melody. That's the way I learned play.

You need to buy some books and learn all you can. Learn to play the scales, learn all the scales and how to play them anywhere on the neck. Practice every day!

pick-up info.

can I stillbuy De-armond pick-up that slides on a
rod fixed behind the bridge I had one in early 60's
can anyone help. Iain.

bob U R crap

yer a mangy peasant man. so are the rest of this talentless swine. i am far superior. bite it.

Re: bob U R crap

i'm bob and you can go and suck your dog's cock. you fuckin wang. i'm going to come and kick your fuckin ass you goat fucker.

I need the fingerings for an electric bass

I need the fingerings for an electric bass

inter-mark guitar?

has any one ever heared of this please let me know or where i could find out about it please i would really like to know

Re: inter-mark guitar?

to tell you the truth...i just bought one and I'm trying to find out about it myself. It looks like a pretty sweet vintage guitar with some stuff that i've never seen before. If you find out about it before I do...lemme know.

this board is crap

the only rason i come here is to read bobs' funny ass comments- now yur taking them off - you are all a bunch of boring assed crap guitar players.......

Fender Amp, Year Manufactured

Can anyone tell me what year a Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp(Model AB763) with ser.no. A24121 was manufactured?

anyone know where i can get a GHOTO locking tremelo???help me out

if you know where i can get one leave a message.thanks

Re: anyone know where i can get a GHOTO locking tremelo???help me out

: if you know where i can get one leave a message.thanks

have you tried stewmac.com they have tons of stuff for guitars

Re: anyone know where i can get a GHOTO locking tremelo???help me out

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolos/Wilkinson_Gotoh_Vintage_Style_Tremolo.html

B & D Acoustic Guitar

I have a B & D NePlusUltra "Troubadore"
Acoustic guitar. It has nice Pearl Inlay on top where it says this. I looked all over the web and found alot of info on B & D Banjos but none on their Acoustic Guitars. I want to know the model, age, etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.

LEFT HAND FENDER STRATOCASTER FOR SALE!!

LEFT HAND FENDER STRATOCASTER FOR SALE!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : LEFT HAND FENDER STRATOCASTER FOR SALE!!

HELP - Acoustic Tuning!

I am trying to tune an acoustic guitar with an electric tuner. I need to know what frequency to start on. There are eight frequencies on the tuner: 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444 and 445. I am pretty sure it is either 438 or 440? (Is one for bass and one for acoustic?). Hope someone can help!

Re: HELP - Acoustic Tuning!

: I am trying to tune an acoustic guitar with an electric tuner. I need to know what frequency to start on. There are eight frequencies on the tuner: 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444 and 445. I am pretty sure it is either 438 or 440? (Is one for bass and one for acoustic?). Hope someone can help!
hi,Iain use 440 ,this is concert pitch ie in tune with pianos etc.all the other settings are for below concert pitch and are usually used to tune a guitar lower so they dont have to play barre(bar)chords .if you are goingto tune to a lower frequency have your guitar profesionaly set up for it as looser strings in time will put a bow in the neck of the guitar.cheers b.j

250k vs. 500k pots HELP!

250k vs. 500k pots HELP!

This popular thread has been given its own page : 250k vs. 500k pots HELP!

heavy fuckin amps

i was after a new amp and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which is better
i have narrowed it down to peavy 5150II, ultra, triple xxx and a mesa/boogie single rectifier
those are what im after so which is the best for all out metal distortion

Re: heavy fuckin amps

have you heard the Warhead? pretty fuckin heavy i my opinion.

i just use a boss equalizer set to a V shape in the EFX loop of my marshall TSL 60...matches a rectifier -but gives me a few more options,in my opinion...but have you heard the latest slayer album?? proves you can still be heavy with a marshall sound--Dload the slayer song "new faith" and crank it---gotta be marshalls......

well if its got mesa on it, its going to be your best bet
get a graphich eq BEFORE you go into the amp, and turn down the 400 hz band, and just kick the mid back on ye amp a bit

CARVIN!Don't know the model #,it has a graphic e.q.
Smokin'!!

'61 Mosrite

I'm trying to find out how much a '61 Mosrite is worth. It's in beautiful condition, sunburst. Thinking of selling.

Jackson soloist users???????

Jackson soloist users???????

This popular thread has been given its own page : Jackson soloist users???????

PERSONALIZED GUITAR STRAPS

A buddy of mine just purchased 2 personalized guitar straps and are they ever nice. They are professionally sewn with needle and thread for long lasting beauty. I put my order in for one, because I seen first hand how very cool looking they are. The price is right also.

good bye-bob

Removal of messages

Hi there

You might have noticed a number of posts disappearing from this forum over the past couple of days. Censorship is the last thing I'd like to engage in but a number of people have been insulted in this forum and have emailed me personally about it. For reasons of decency, I've decided to act in their interests.

I hope you can all understand where I'm coming from.

Warm regards
Geoff Nicholson

Re: Removal of messages

I do understand why you did it, but !!!. I hope you also realise that , the swearing and profound sh** were not me, people who did not like (or dare to understand my humour) some of the things i said, fair enough, but in life as on this site, people do not agree, and if people emailed you geoff, saying, "i did not like his comments on the fender twin", and you got enough emails to complain, would you remove him ?, or her ?. no, i have a certain sense of humour, ok, it might not be to everyones taste, but i never meant to really offend anyone(those with half an idea would realise that). A bit of fun and a little sense of humour goes a long way geoff. love Bob. ps. and i probably shouldnt say this, you are crap !!!. pps. A little bit of humour was all that was needed on this site. Say no more. i will never post another message on this site, and if anybody would like a bit of humour over the internet, then email me at bobthenob2uk@yahoo.co.uk

LOL!!! "Sic'em, Bob the Knob"LOL YOU GO!

Hey Bob, I am falling down on the floor and laughing myself sick. (IAFDOTFALMS) Hang in there, Dude. They're all crap! but they'll get over it. (TACBTGOI).

Bad Company Autographed Guitar

I have a Gibson Les Paul Jr Special guitar personally signed by all the original members of the Rock group Bad Company and with the Bad Company Logo on the body of the Guitar. The Guitar was mad at Gibson's Nashville Shop for the 1999 Bad Company Reunion Tour. I am selling the guitar for $1300 (or best offer) plus shipping to the highest offers location. If anyone would like pictures of the Guitar I will be happy to E-Mail some. Also E-Mail any questions or comments. Thanks

Need bon jovi tab

Hi,
I've searched the web for bon jovi tab (you give love a bad name) but found only one tab in all the sites. and the tab is incomplete. can anyone help me. please send me the url of a complete tab of "u give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi.
Thank You

p.s here is a location of the tab i found.
"http://www.guitaretab.com/gtab/t/2108"
this is not the one i'm looking for. i want more detail.

Re: Need bon jovi tab

: Hi,
: I've searched the web for bon jovi tab (you give love a bad name) but found only one tab in all the sites. and the tab is incomplete. can anyone help me. please send me the url of a complete tab of "u give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi.
: Thank You
DUDE, I'M SORRY--BUT YOU MUST GET A LIFE--BOB JOVI? IF YOU REALY MUST LEARN THIS SONG, IT WOULD TAKE A LOT LESS TIME TO JUST LISTEN TO IT ONCE OR TWICE---BON JOVI? TAB? PLEASE!!!
:
: p.s here is a location of the tab i found.
: "http://www.guitaretab.com/gtab/t/2108"
: this is not the one i'm looking for. i want more detail.

Re: Need bon jovi tab

Hi.

Check out www.freezezone.com . They've got You Give Love - accurate version and loads of others. The best tab place in the net.

Z

: : Hi,
: : I've searched the web for bon jovi tab (you give love a bad name) but found only one tab in all the sites. and the tab is incomplete. can anyone help me. please send me the url of a complete tab of "u give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi.
: : Thank You
: DUDE, I'M SORRY--BUT YOU MUST GET A LIFE--BOB JOVI? IF YOU REALY MUST LEARN THIS SONG, IT WOULD TAKE A LOT LESS TIME TO JUST LISTEN TO IT ONCE OR TWICE---BON JOVI? TAB? PLEASE!!!
: :
: : p.s here is a location of the tab i found.
: : "http://www.guitaretab.com/gtab/t/2108"
: : this is not the one i'm looking for. i want more detail.

music

could any one help as i need to find the music scores for the title song purple rain by prince

Boss Me-5 settings

Hi all.I would like some settings for the Boss ME-5 guitar multiple effects pedal.Maybe some tested ones that sounds nice.
Thanks alot

Re: Boss Me-5 settings

: Hi all.I would like some settings(Satriani, V. Halen, Morse) for the Boss ME-5 guitar multiple effects pedal.Maybe some tested ones that sounds nice.
: Thanks alot

Re: Boss Me-5 settings

: Hi all.I would like some settings for the Boss ME-5 guitar multiple effects pedal.Maybe some tested ones that sounds nice.
: Thanks alot

scope this link;
http://www.guitartuition.co.uk/bossme5.htm

new framus's, anyone got any idea whatsoever?

i am looking at buying a framus diablo custom (http://www.framus.com). i have played one several times, and i love the action and feel etc. but i would like to know if anyone has owned one of the new style of framus's (not the 60's/ 70's ones) and tell me if they hold togeather well etc. cheers

Re: new framus's, anyone got any idea whatsoever?

: I've been looking at this guitar in the German Music Store Cat. It looks great, has great hardware and can be purchased for 999 euro or approx. 1030 dollars. Only thing that has prevented me buying one is the fact it does not come equiped with locking tuners, which to me is a down point. Also, is the fact I wish to get a Boogie Triaxis preamp. Get this the euro is now equal to the dollar, a triaxis in the states retails at about 1600 dollars, therefore I should be able to get one with the european voltage setting sent to me from america for approx. 1800 euro. Last time I checked with a shop in Dublin I was quoted 3200 euro for the unit ( not one that they purchased from there supplier when the exchange rates were bad, but a unit that would have to be shipped in). I know music shops need to make profit but charging 3200 euro for a piece that should only cost say, 2200 euro is bloody crazy!!!
Anyway I'm going to try to email Framus to see if they can supply a diablo custom with locking tuners.
See ya!

Re: new framus's, a Ruby Riot 30 Watt Combo

: I'am looking at buying a New Framus Combo!!!!!!

Rickenbecker Bass Guitar Pic?

Where can i get the rickenbecker bass guitar pitures?Or the Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray?Please send it to my email...

Re: Rickenbecker Bass Guitar Pic?

: Where can i get the rickenbecker bass guitar pitures?Or the Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray?Please send it to my email...

You can get Ric pics on their website at www.rickenbacker.com/

Re: Rickenbecker Bass Guitar Pic?

: Where can i get the rickenbecker bass guitar pitures?Or the Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray?Please send it to my email...

You can get Ric pics on their website at www.rickenbacker.com/ Also, do a search on gbase.com.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.