Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Yamaha AEX 1500

What are the best suited strings to play the blues on my Yamaha AEX 1500 electric semi-hollow body guitar?

painting guitars

I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use....anything special?

Re: painting guitars

: I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use....anything special?

If your bass has even the slightest chance of being a desireable vintage instrument someday, leave it alone!
The original finish, even if it's beat up, will always be more valuable on a vintage guitar that any refinish no matter how well it's done or by whom.

Re: painting guitars

: I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use....anything special?

No just sand all the old paint down and spray the new paint on nothing special use a nice finish when all done I sugest waxing

painting guitars

painting guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : painting guitars

1953-54 hofner bass& six string

I have a set of guitars that my dad bought in germany while on tour in 1954. One is a solid body bass with two pickups spaced apart with the "diamond" logo,reinforced neck,and a bright red paint job. The six string is covered with red vinyle with a white bead around the edge.It has three pickups with the same diamond logo and the neck is not reinforced. It also has the tremelo bar. Anyone that can give me information about the model numers (they are not marked,nor are the pots),and the availability of replacement switches,and what the value might be, i would apreciate it. I play the bass daily,but the six string needs work thanx, russ

what year and how much was my guitar

i got a tanglewood, electric strat guitar, its got TGS pickups and on the neck, the lust few threst r ingraved, its black and i just wanted to know what year it was made and how much its worth...

Looking for Guild D 25M

If anyone has a Guild D-25M, preferably late 60's or early to mid 70s that they want to sell, please email me at Yellowled1@aol.com.

Thanks,

Josh

Takamine

Is there anyone out there that could give me any info on a early to mid 1970 Takamine F-390-MS?

Re: Takamine

: Is there anyone out there that could give me any info on a early to mid 1970 Takamine F-390-MS?

I have a Takamine F-390 S I bought new in 1977 it listed for around $450 new and I cannot find out how much it is worth today in any blue book.

tascam 244

Hello
Who can help me with some nice pictures of tascam 244? Thanx for help!
aman

Re: tascam 244

: Hello
: Who can help me with some nice pictures of tascam 244? Thanx for help!
: aman

Re: tascam 244

: : Hello
: : Who can help me with some nice pictures of tascam 244? Thanx for help!
: : aman

I am just scanning these materials in jpg format.

Lefty Gold Top

Does anybody know a Lefty Gibson Les Paul Gold Top with P90 for sale ?

Calibra-1 micro-frets guitar

Calibra-1 micro-frets guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Calibra-1 micro-frets guitar

guitar

I have an electric guitar that I bought new in 1968 or 69. The only names it has on it is Micro-Frets Calibra -1. I was hopeing someone had alittle info on my guitar.
Thank You---Ron

Re:Micro Frets

Hey ron,
If you want to send me a pic I can offer some info.

wholesale electric guitars

Hi to everyone,I am looking for and outlet to purchase electric guitars thru as a distributor or wholesaler for brands like samick, washburne,kramer,hammer,and other good beginer type lines. please email me if this is something you can help me with.

Hi to everyone,I am looking for and outlet to purchase electric guitars thru as a distributor or wholesaler for brands like samick, washburne,kramer,hammer,and other good beginer type lines. please email me if this is something you can help me with.

Re: wholesale electric guitars

: Hi to everyone,I am looking for and outlet to purchase electric guitars thru as a distributor or wholesaler for brands like samick, washburne,kramer,hammer,and other good beginer type lines. please email me if this is something you can help me with.

: : Hi to everyone,I am looking for and outlet to purchase electric guitars thru as a distributor or wholesaler for brands like jackson, washburne,ibanez,esp,and other good lines. please email me if this is something you can help me with.

: Hi to everyone,I am looking for and outlet to purchase electric guitars thru as a distributor or wholesaler for brands like samick, washburne,kramer,hammer,and other good beginer type lines. please email me if this is something you can help me with.

I can supply you with several of these items at 40-50%off. If your interested drop me an e-mail

I dont have money but I like somebody sell me a Ibanez RG 70DX pls let me know.

Regards

Pedro

: Hi to everyone,I am looking for and outlet to purchase electric guitars for beginners/students-imported ones from china is fine. Thanks

ola

I, too, am looking for a wholesale beginner guitar wholesaler. Complete gig packages preferred. Please email me.
Thanks, Richard

kay guitars

Can anyone tell me what a kay model 592 in mint condition might be worth?any help would be helpful,thanks

Re: kay guitars

: Can anyone tell me what a kay model 592 in mint condition might be worth?any help would be helpful,thanks

might want to try mandolin brothers or elderly instruments web sites

can you tell me what a 1950's kay eletric guitar might be worth?

:check

http://www.fretland.com

has kay info

: : Can anyone tell me what a kay model 592 in mint condition might be worth?any help would be helpful,thanks

:
: might want to try mandolin brothers or elderly instruments web sites

does anyone kow what year my kay L7104 was made?

thanks,
alex

: Can anyone tell me what a kay model et-200 in ok condition may be worth? if anyone has anything on this model, please notify me! i've been looking everywhere, and i haven't found jack! thanks.

I have a kay guitar,it is electric guitar i am not sure what kind it is? It is an older looking electric guitar.

how much is a

KAY GUITARS K636H HUMMINGBIRD 12 STRING ACOUSTIC GUITAR worth ?and is it any good ?

can anyone tell me what a Kay American Heritage Series guitar would be worth?

Wanted: PRS McCarty or CE 22.........

yeah i know these are extremely nice guitars and there extremely professional.....but i gotta have me one. they are just drop dead sexy......trying to find a second hand one in good condition, under 1000 pounds hopefully, oh and if you can ship to uk that would be helpful, i don't really fancy flying out to america...:-/.thanx, look forward to hearing from you....Mike

Re: Wanted: PRS McCarty or CE 22.........

I have a PRS McCarty for Sale. I am wanting £1350 for it. I live near Darlington if that helps. It is absolutely stunning!! Email me if you are interested

pickups

Does anyone know of any good jazz guitar pickups. I am presently playing an epiphone archtop. THe pickup is really bad, and I need to replace it. Thanks.www.jazzguitarclass.com

Re: pickups

Hmm.I really like the Gibson Classic 57's.

Re: pickups

: Does anyone know of any good jazz guitar pickups. I am presently playing an epiphone archtop. THe pickup is really bad, and I need to replace it. Thanks.www.jazzguitarclass.com
I have a 335 dot epiphone and use a seymour duncan jazz pickup in the neck and a duncan alnicoII in the bridge. The tone is just great.

How do i mute the chords?

I need to know how to mute the chords.

Re: How do i mute the chords?

: I need to know how to mute the chords.

a simple palm mute involves laying your right side of hand against the strings as you pick

any advice?...

Hey, I'm supposed to play a song for my grandparents' 50th anniversary party. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should play? I sing and play guitar -- mostly chords and simple picking, although I probably have time to learn a more difficult pattern.

Re: any advice?...

Hmm.How 'bout "My Life"(Beatles)or "I Only Have Eyes For You"(Flamingos).That tune always gets over BIG and it'll never die.

The goods

these guitars are the best ! if you have not played one you are missing out.

The goods

these guitars are the best ! if you have not played one you are missing out. (taylor guitars)

Modifying an Ampeg SVT 8x10 Cabinet

Hi there.
I wan to modify my cabinet, divide it up in 2 x 4x10",
so that I can use 2 amp on the same cabinet.
Is anyone familiar with the Ampeg 8x10" cabinet, and how to open up such thing?

Re: Modifying an Ampeg SVT 8x10 Cabinet

I've had a couple of 8x10 cabinets. Two or three SVTs and even a Marshall 8x10. With the SVTs there is no way to "open it up". You basically have to get at it from the front. That is, pull off the grill and get to the insides of the cabinet through the speaker holes. I bought an SVT that had three blown speakers and modified one half of it with one 15" speaker. That gave me a lot more bottom end with the highs that the 10''s offered. It was in crappy shape otherwise I would have left it alone.
For you to swap over 4 of the 8 speakers, take the grill off, and simply disconnect the bottom or top four speakers so that you can rewire them with a second jack. Personally, I'd leave it alone and buy another cabinet. The SVT is worth more if it is in it's normal configuration and not modified.

Good luck.

DALE

Re: Modifying an Ampeg SVT 8x10 Cabinet

: I've had a couple of 8x10 cabinets. Two or three SVTs and even a Marshall 8x10. With the SVTs there is no way to "open it up". You basically have to get at it from the front. That is, pull off the grill and get to the insides of the cabinet through the speaker holes. I bought an SVT that had three blown speakers and modified one half of it with one 15" speaker. That gave me a lot more bottom end with the highs that the 10''s offered. It was in crappy shape otherwise I would have left it alone.
: For you to swap over 4 of the 8 speakers, take the grill off, and simply disconnect the bottom or top four speakers so that you can rewire them with a second jack. Personally, I'd leave it alone and buy another cabinet. The SVT is worth more if it is in it's normal configuration and not modified.

: Good luck.

: DALE

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.