Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

where to find guitar music

I see lots of tab music on line, but haven't come across much guitar music written in standard notation. Are there any sites on the web?

Re: where to find guitar music

<a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/sheetmusic/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/sheetmusic/</a>

: I see lots of tab music on line, but haven't come across much guitar music written in standard notation. Are there any sites on the web?

Dan Armstrong Pick-Up

Dan Armstrong Pick-Up

This popular thread has been given its own page : Dan Armstrong Pick-Up

Fender peghead decals

I have a mid '60's fender Strat that I'm restoring (it was refinished), does anyone sell reissue headstock decals?

tama classical

I have a tama classical, ..is it rare?..Do they still exsist as a company? any info would be muchly appreciated. also just found a hensel minerva in bad repair but any info would help to determine if it is worth repairing

Les Paul Special

I have a Gibson Les Paul Special. How can I find out if is a original or a re production. The serial number has been scratched off.

Are Dillion guitars good?

Are Dillion guitars good?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Are Dillion guitars good?

Ovation 12 String

Hi I need help discovering what this guitar is worth it is an Ovation 12 string with model#1118 and up above the model# there's another number which says 152306. Head there's the name Glen Campbell ingraved. Your help would be greatly appreciated if you could help me. Thank you!
meldog99@aol.com

96 Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean for Sale

I have a '96 Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean for sale. It is in excellent condition and plays great. I have pictures available upon request. The guitar is wine red and is beautiful! Just email me with any questions. Thanks, Bruce (becaylor@hotmail.com)

epiphone genesis serial number

epiphone genesis serial number

This popular thread has been given its own page : epiphone genesis serial number

Im looking for a guitarist

Im looking for a guitarist in the Tampa Bay, Florida area if you have any info just email me... I have shows lined up at state theater and other places... Im looking for a hardcore/death/rap-rock/or sounds like rage....

Im looking for a guitarist ,basses,and a lead singer

: Im looking for a guitarist,basses,and a lead singer in hialeah, Florida
if u play guitar plez email me must be at age 14 ....also im looking for a slipknot type of guitarist,basses,or lead singer plz email me at JIMROOT69@YAHOO.COM

GRETSCH "EXPANDER - G" (BALDWIN ERA)

GRETSCH "EXPANDER - G"  (BALDWIN ERA)

This popular thread has been given its own page : GRETSCH "EXPANDER - G" (BALDWIN ERA)

my sada yairi acoustic guitar

my sada yairi acoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : my sada yairi acoustic guitar

PRS Dragon II

PRS Dragon II

ibanez ax diagrams

i need the diagramms for an ibanez ax so my luthier can make me one , because i am left handed and they dont come my way if anyone knows where i can find it please mail me at jesusmachado@hotmail.com

seymor duncan "holdsworth" pick up

what do any of you think of this pickup and will it sound good in the neck position

instalar seymor duncan

adquiri tres pastillas seymor duncan una doble y dos sencillas, y quisiera saber cual es la forma correcta de instalarlas, soy principiante. La que yo llamo doble tiene 4 cables (blanco, negro, rojo y verde) las otras solo tienen 2 ( blanco y negro), quisierra saber como instalarlas para aprobecharlas al máximo.

GT3 Vs GT6

I am considering bying a good multi-fx, and I would like to get any advise to decide beetween GT3 and GT6... Is the GT6 really worth its price ?
Please mail any point that would help me..

Re: GT3 Vs GT6

Hey how are you? did you get the GT6 eventually? I'm thinking of selling my GT3 for a GT6. Only thing is that I don't know the pros and cons between each unit. It would be great if you could advise me on it, thank you!

clarence

ART ECC

Hi for all of you,
If anybody can , please help me out with a link for a User Manual for the ART ECC multieffect pedalboard or send me a PDF file or a copy. Thank you in advance.
Geza

Re: ART ECC

Go to artproaudio.com. Applied Research and Technology made the unit.

Hi for all of you,
: If anybody can , please help me out with a link for a User Manual for the ART ECC multieffect pedalboard or send me a PDF file or a copy. Thank you in advance.
: Geza

Re: ART ECC

GEZA , IVE GOT 2 MANUELS FOR THE ECC , CAUSE I GOT 2 ECC,S LOL . IF YA NEED ONE EMAIL ME AND MAYBE WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT AND I CAN GET 1 TO YA.
SCOTT

Classical guitarist video clips needed.

Wanted: websites with downloadable video clips of guitarists for helpful instruction. (example: SharonIsbin.com has several with closeups of Rec.dela Ahlambra, etc.)
If you know of any similar type sites, pls. email me. Thank you so much.

Distortion pedals

I have always used my marshall head for my distortion with my telecaster...lately i wanted to a get a pedal that has more crunch, and is heavier sounding...does anyone have any suggestions on what to get?

Re: Distortion pedals

try the VISUAL SOUND JECKYL AND HYDE, it is a great 2 channel distortion pedal

: I have always used my marshall head for my distortion with my telecaster...lately i wanted to a get a pedal that has more crunch, and is heavier sounding...does anyone have any suggestions on what to get? first, i would have to know what marshall head you are playing through-----it;s been my experience that marshalls pretty much built their rep on "crunch". it might not be a pedal your after---what type of cabinet are you using?!!

get a dod death metal pedal or get a rockteck,the dod has a little more volume like a decible or 2 but the rocteck has that major crunch death metal style!

guitar inf

I recently purchased a Goya Guitar Model G500EU BL/BS
Made in Korea. Is there ay info on this piece out there.
Please email me.

Johnny Marr guitar sound

Johnny Marr guitar sound

This popular thread has been given its own page : Johnny Marr guitar sound

KAY GUITAR #N-5

WOULD LIKE ANY INFO REGARDING THIS GUITAR. HOW MANY MADE, VALUE NOW, YEAR MADE.

Re: KAY GUITAR #N-5

: WOULD LIKE ANY INFO REGARDING THIS GUITAR. HOW MANY MADE, VALUE NOW, YEAR MADE.

Re: KAY GUITAR #N-5

: : WOULD LIKE ANY INFO REGARDING THIS GUITAR. HOW MANY MADE, VALUE NOW, YEAR MADE.
I have this acoustic guitar and it has no brand name on it at all anywhere but inside it has a stamp that says "N-5" on it.

Value or info on a Contessa HG10 electric

Value or info on a Contessa HG10 electric

This popular thread has been given its own page : Value or info on a Contessa HG10 electric

Bought a Sigma was wondering about this modle

I bought a Sigma /Martin model DJ7A was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have heard of this certain model couldn't find anything on net about it would appr. if someone knows anything about this model. thanks

Zoom 503 Patches?

Zoom 503 Patches?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Zoom 503 Patches?

question about 12 string acoustic

is it possible to just take off the extra 6 strings and play it like a regular 6 string?

whats the point you ask?
well i just started learning guitar, and we have this badass holy shit good 12 string acoustic that my dad got in the 70s that he never really learned to play. thing is tho i just wanna keep it simple with a 6 string. we have a 6 string, but i mean it blows, cheapest one on earth

thanks

Sure, but.....

Hey Bob,

Yeah, you can easily take off the "high" strings and modify your 12 string into a 6 string. The only thing that you may find is that the neck is noticably wider than a normal 6 string - not that it will affect the sound at all though.
Just remember that if/when you restring the thing to use the "wider" grooves in the nut. You wouldn't want to restring it with 6 strings and use the smaller grooves. You'd find that you won't stay in tune very well and it might even screw up the nut (depending on the type of nut installed on the guitar).

Hope this helps... DALE

Arpeggios

hey you guys can you help me
here in Bangalore there are no good teachers
so I am not able to figure out arpeggios and their inversions can you guys help me out with this one

Re: Arpeggios

: hey you guys can you help me
: here in Bangalore there are no good teachers
: so I am not able to figure out arpeggios and their inversions can you guys help me out with this one
---- not sure what you mean by inversions as they would apply to arpeggios. basicaly, an arpeggio would be any combination of chord inversions you could think of---the oppisite of lenear one string picking---seek the definition of arpeggio--------it's late, got a buzz, hope this helps! by the way, where the hell is Bangalore?!

Re: Arpeggios

hi kiran
Learning music comes with high expectations ... A lot can be learnt by oneself ...
Ok in case u wanna really learn some scale and practices ... The "Bangalore School of Music" (BSM) gives a training on the guitar(especially western classical guitar .. )teaches u a lot about arpeggios and many others
Try it ...
site : www.thebsm.org

Fender Stratocaster

I'm the owner of fender stratocaster, I bought it 2nd hand in 1966. I'd like to know the exact manufacturing year. If somebody could tell me where I can find a site in which I can find the manufacturing years according to the serialnumber, I'd be glad.
The serialnumber of my strat is L 15301. I think it's from 1962

Fender Stratocaster

I'm the owner of a fender stratocaster, I bought it 2nd hand in 1966. I'd like to know the exact manufacturing year. If somebody could tell me where I can find a site in which I can find the manufacturing years according to the serialnumber, I'd be glad.
The serialnumber of my strat is L 15301. I think my strat is from 1962, obvious I'm not sure.

Re: Fender Stratocaster

I have a Fender Stratocaster. I'd like to know the exact manufacturing year. Can somebody tell me where I can find a site in which I can find the manufacturing years ? : The serialnumber is E 424909

Hey

Your Stratocaster L 15301 is from 1963.
Check it out:

http://www.mrgearhead.net/faq/guitardater.html

Regards

Alexander

I am an strato U.S.A. owner. I bought my guitar three years ago . I would like to know the exact year of making of my guitar.
The serial number of it is :ZO 289675
Thank you
Martino

Graham colton

Is someone have Graham Colton tabs, please?

Re: Graham colton

: Is someone have Graham Colton tabs, please?

i'm looking for graham tabs, too. if you find some please let me know. thanks!

Acoustic/Electric Guitar question from a total newbie

Hello! I was thinking of buying an acoustic/electric guitar in addition to my normal electric guitar. The model I am eyeing up comes with a pick-up mike, and I already have an amp from my electric guitar. Do I need to buy anything else for it? Thanks!

Good question, but....

Hi Mary,

I'll try to help as much as I can. I am asuming that the guitar that you are "eyeing" is new or at least not 15 to 20 years old. Basically, if that is the case, the acoustic that you are looking at works exactly the same as your electric guitar. You'll notice some differences like a greater chance for feedback at higher volume levels, less change with your tone knob, and a bit of "over-ringing" due to the fact that it is an acoustic. Otherwise, all you have to do is plug it in and go.

There are a huge number of differences in acoustics though. Over 50% of the acoustics out there are crappola. If you are a "newbie", be careful. Music stores and Ebay auction people prey on "newbies". To them, it is "easy money". If you have ANY questions at all, please feel free to email me and I'll be happy to help out. Okay? It's better to ask a simple question than to throw a few hundred bucks away needlessly. :-)

DALE

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.