Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

ibanez guitar

have had japanese made acoustic for 28 years model no. 77 like to know what year it was made
has terrific sound

where can i get tabliture off the internet for free?

where can i get tabliture off the internet for free?

This popular thread has been given its own page : where can i get tabliture off the internet for free?

gibson es335 history/fender jazzmaster history

I am hoping someone can help me out - I am looking for the original sales price for a 1959 Gibson ES335 dot, and the original sales price for a 1962 Fender Jazzmaster.

Any information would be appreciated, and please feel free to email me directly at courtney@teamhma.com

Thanks!

#5#8

Ineed the tab to #5 and #8 of the new album.

Re: #5#8

: I need the tab to #5 and #8 of the new album, By 3 Doors Down.Country Coonass(Al.& La)

piezzo preamp

I'm search piezzo preamp schematic for acoustic
guitar
Help me please !

Vintage bass guitar

In 1962 I purchased a 1953 Gibson base guitar model EB-1 Ser.# 3 2732. It's in very good shape but a volume control knob is missing. Can someone help me locate a replacement knob. Preferably original.
I am considering selling it and will entertain offers.

Re: Vintage bass guitar

: In 1962 I purchased a 1953 Gibson base guitar model EB-1 Ser.# 3 2732. It's in very good shape but a volume control knob is missing. Can someone help me locate a replacement knob. Preferably original.
: I am considering selling it and will entertain offers.

good luck! that's a needle in a hay stack. you have a $3k bass missing a kbnob that's 50 yr's old. if your piece has never had a brocken kneck or cracked anything on it , it's truelly rare. eb1's are like sg's the head stocks were weak in construction(as alot of the early les paul's) and very few remain without some sort of break in the neck.when your talking about a gib eb1 that's a real find!

FOR SALE: Vintage Gretsch Dobro

i havent been able to find a model number on this guitar. ive had it since 1955. if you'd like a picture, i will be glad to email some to anyone interested. a few people say if my guitar was in very good condition, it would run around 5 to 8 grand. it is in fair condition, has had a face-lift. needs very minor fixes, like bridge at bottom. ive been told it was made around 1937. any offers will be considered. thanks! eloy816@msn.com

are Fender Deluxe Series Double Fat Strat good for..

are Fender Deluxe Series Double Fat Strat good for playing a range of soft metal to heavy metal? they come with 2 Tex-Mex Fat Strat Humbucking Pickups, and im not sure if i should stay away or go for it.

Re: are Fender Deluxe Series Double Fat Strat good for..

: are Fender Deluxe Series Double Fat Strat good for playing a range of soft metal to heavy metal? they come with 2 Tex-Mex Fat Strat Humbucking Pickups, and im not sure if i should stay away or go for it.the mexican fender version is way more for the money.

yeah...it's really me

what's up....nice to find this sight...i'll check in later...

Kid Rock?

Yeah so how is/was Pamela Anderson anyway?

urgent>

I need rto sind out what web site that you can download and play qna read sheet music on plase it would be muchly appreciated.

urgent>

I need rto sind out what web site that you can download and play qna read sheet music on plase it would be muchly appreciated.

Hondo 1981 semi acoustic

Hondo 1981 semi acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hondo 1981 semi acoustic

philadelphonic tabs

does anyone have the tabs for "gimme some lovin" by philadelphonic?

Re: philadelphonic tabs

Keep searchin fool cuz you aint ever gonna find this song!! Trust me I KNOW!!

: does anyone have the tabs for "gimme some lovin" by philadelphonic?

: does anyone have the tabs for "gimme some lovin" by philadelphonic?

dude...philadelphonic is the album name from g love and special sauce....clown

shit, i apologize--DOES ANYONE HAVE THE GUITAR TAB TO G.LOVE AND SPECIAL SAUCE'S "GIMME SOME LOVIN" ON THE PHILADELPHONIC ALBUM?!

JCM 800 2x12 cabinet

anyone know where i can pick up a marshall jcm 800 2x12 cabinet? i have the head, not i'm looking for a matching cabinet. thanks,

-ben

Marshall TSL100 Schematic

Marshall TSL100 Schematic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Marshall TSL100 Schematic

cords

dose anyone know the cords to:-

How can you mend a broken heart (bee gees)

thanks

gfx707-one of us

Please can anybody send me the patch for the song:One of us, from Joan Osborne?
Thank you!!(dan@wo.cz)

Replacing Humbuckers On Epiphone G400 (SG)

Replacing Humbuckers On Epiphone G400 (SG)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Replacing Humbuckers On Epiphone G400 (SG)

how do i change my strings

i think i have an idea of how to change them but i need to make sure, so please help

Re: how do i change my strings

I am assuming this is a 6 string guitar, let me know if it is not. First loosen the strings, then cut them in the middle, around where the neck meets the body, and remove them from the tuning pegs, and then the body. Place the new string in either through the bridge if electric or place bridge peg on top if acoustic. Then run string up to tuning peg and cut off all but about 1 or 2 inches past the tuning peg, that will give you plenty to wind up, but not too much. Place string into the hole, only about 1/2 inch sticking through, then start winding. That is it.

: i think i have an idea of how to change them but i need to make sure, so please helpDear nick for decent help on changing strings go to www.frets.com then click on big index page you will see pics etc on changing strings ,for gods sake DONT cut your strings as Ken suggests because this takes all the tension off the neck of the guitar and can end up damaging your axe,change strings one at a time till they are all done this keeps tension on the neck,no offence ken but its not a good move,ive been a luthier for 35 years so you may want to take my word for it. hope so ,good luck mate b.j.kenna

it's usually good to change one string at a time. You want to keep the same stress on the neck as possible. Taking all of them off at once will only lead to future truss rod adjustment.

magnetic bass guitar overlay

does anyone know where to get the magnetic overlay strip that you place on the fingerboard of a bass guitar converting it to fretless

do you know any web site of patches of multiefect ZOOM GFX??? thanks

special thanks

Re: do you know any web site of patches of multiefect ZOOM GFX??? thanks

http://www.salixweb.freeserve.co.uk/patchcentral/patchcentralpatchsites.htm

thanks, but I only knew this web & I was searching more...but don´t worry.

thanks again

this is for gfx8

http://www.fineclaymatrix.co.uk/
this is for gfx8

Tama Guitar?

Tama Guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tama Guitar?

What the hell have I got

I also have a Gibson Epiphone and the exact numbers are on my neck plate too. That's confusing...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.