Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Excetro

Can any one tell me anything about this brand from the late 60 ?

Re: Excetro

hello!! i have exchanged a old excetro guitar for some strings... But i cant find anything about this guitar!
the guitar is formed like a half-acc Gibson 335 jazzguitar..

Randy Rhoads pedal board

Randy Rhoads pedal board

This popular thread has been given its own page : Randy Rhoads pedal board

Dating gibson humbucker pickups

I pulled a couple of replacement pickups out of my 65 non-reverse firebird and I would like to know what era they are? patent # 2 737 842 thanks

Re: Dating gibson humbucker pickups

: I pulled a couple of replacement pickups out of my 65 non-reverse firebird and I would like to know what era they are? patent # 2 737 842 thanks

I have an American made Epiphone Spirit(one of only 2 models made in Nashville) from 1982 with those very same pickups. Sorry, all the info I have. Would like to know more, hopefully someone will help us.

Re: Dating gibson humbucker pickups

I have 2 with the same numbers in a 1987 Les Paul Custom!! Any news on what they are?

guitar world back issue 09 / 1995

hi guys, I want to buy or copy the guitar world issue 09 / 1995. If I can get copies from the transcriptionsides of the SRV songs everything would be fine. If there are charges: no problem!! Thank you!!! brian

need kahler spyder parts BAD

if you have a kahler spyder and would like to sell it or maybe do some swaping i have alot of other stuff email me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raven hollowbody 70's

can somebody give me information regarding old raven hollowbody guitars.....please?

Re: raven hollowbody 70's

: I have an old Raven that belongs to my grandpa; I could use some info as well...

ADA MP-1

Hi all,

For those who are looking for a great pre-amp; try ADA MP-1. For those who are using the ADA MP-1, please visit my site and contribute any information you've got about the ADA MP-1.

Thank you all,

Jur / http://www.ada-mp1.com

Re: ADA MP-1

: Hi all,

: For those who are looking for a great pre-amp; try ADA MP-1. For those who are using the ADA MP-1, please visit my site and contribute any information you've got about the ADA MP-1.

: Thank you all,

: Jur / http://www.ada-mp1.com

Hi
I have a ADA-MP1 based rig... would like to exchange info...I tried accessing your web site but it appears to have moved. I have had problems getting repalcement tubes for the ADA which work and sound the same as the original...would like to know if you have had success there.

cheers
Paul

i want a guitar

pleas i want a guitar. i wont pay more than £150 & it needs an amp

How much are my guitar and amp worth?

How much are my guitar and amp worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : How much are my guitar and amp worth?

Gothic Flyin V

Hey what up. Many people tell me i can only get a Left-handed Gibson Gothic Flying V in a custom shop. is there any other way? pleaz email me if you can help. thanx (Static-x Kickz Azz)

yamaha 12 string F-80

anybody know what this guitar is worth? I can't find much on the net. It is from '79 I think and has a solid top.

jackson

im looking into a jackson DKMG as my first guitar,can i get some feedback on this guitar from someone who has one

guitarist wanted Huddersfield England

into muse, weezer,senser also dance & hiphop would best suit someone 25+ send me your number and i will contact you

Re: guitarist wanted Huddersfield England

: into muse, weezer,senser also dance & hiphop would best suit someone 25+ send me your number and i will contact you

Re: guitarist wanted Huddersfield England

whaddya want
: : into muse, weezer,senser also dance & hiphop would best suit someone 25+ send me your number and i will contact you

Boss me-33 distortion settings

can anyone give me some good distortion settings for bands like fear factory and static X

Re: Boss me-33 distortion settings

do yo have a problem to make distortion in the me-33??
i am
can you help me whit that??

Crucianelli Guitars

Crucianelli Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Crucianelli Guitars

1942 gibson flatop model J45

Would like to know approx. value

Re: 1942 gibson flatop model J45

: Would like to know approx. value

I have done a lot of checking on these Gibson's and the start at about $3500 up to $ 5500. Any alterations to the original conditions are a major deduction even if it's an improvement in playability or appearance.
This is a highly sought after model and you are quite a lucky fellow.
Brian M.

fender prodigy

just aquired a fender prodigy and am trying tp find out all I can about the guitar and does any-one know how much this guitar would cost new
Thankyou
Carol

Re: fender prodigy

I bought a Fender Prodigy Strat brand new from Guitar Center in Redondo Beach in 95 for $299.00 It was a brand new 91 model.

I bought a Fender Prodigy Strat brand new in Australia in '91 and am unable to find any history does anyone know of a site or anyone have any info
thanks

I bought my prodigy in '91 it has serial nr. 000092, and i think i will never sell it.
I've bought it for Fl. 1400,00 ( about 700 us dollars )
As far as i know it's only manufactured in '91 and '92 so it's a pretty unique instrument

Gretsch Duo Jet ..WHAT DO THEY COST?

hey-
can anyone help me get the price on a Gretsch Duo Jet?
Thanx alot.

old electric

trying to figure out maker of vintage solid body electric. three pic-ups, individual on offs for each called mics (inconveniently placed directly under the pickups where strumming ends). sunburst coloring, brushed metal pick guard, only marking that suggests not an old homemade "melody" on brushed metal piece fixed just above the top of the neck. Possibly an old futurama or some other bottom of the line guitar. Please help

Boss GT6

I own a Gt6 but I have encountered a problem..
After playing for about 1,5 hours the WAH button suddently lights up and the wah effect is supplied to my sound.....I have to use the exit botton to restore the sound..Has anyone encountered such a problem??I need help

Re: Boss GT6

Sorry, Just want to ask you, Ive had so much difficulty trying to find out, but how much approximatly did you pay for your gt-6, Im looking to buy one, they look so class!

Re: Boss GT6

There's a button under the expression pedal which switches on the wah if u press it hard enough. I'm guessing u were probably using the exp pedal everytime the wah got turned on. I play this thing for hours and hours everyday nothing like that seemed to happen to my unit. And hey Clare Cassidy yea paid 400$ and yea go for it its a real Bitch of a machine

Trade nice USA made Ibanez for Explorer

I have a 1989 gun metal blue Ibanez 540p guitar made in Bensalem, PA USA. It has a strat style body, floyd rose tremolo, Dimarzio pick-ups, wizard neck with jumbo frets, and is in very good shape. I have the original case as well. I am hoping to trade it for an ESP, Gibson or? Explorer. To see this guitar go to ebay and type in item #1518410367 if you want to buy this guitar e-mail me at braham_virtuoso@yahoo.com

santana guitars

i would like feed back on ibanez and santana guitars.

Thanks

Re: santana guitars

If you face them towards the amp feedback normally occurs... lame I know !!!

: i would like feed back on ibanez and santana guitars.

: Thanks

: i would like feed back on ibanez,Kramer and santana guitars.

: Thanks

Prices Electric Guitars - to Chile

Tight site with video lessons, give away, and way more cool stuff

Look at this cool site with video lessons, videos, a really cool forum and give aways, plus much more, check it out at http://www.guitarnerd.com

DO A FEATURE ON CHUCK SCHULDINER!!!

Chuck Schuldiner was one of the best guitarists around. He sadly passed away December 13th. We are trying to get him the coverage of Guitar World magazine because it was Chuck's dream to be on the cover someday. He was sick and tired of seeing underrated "guitarists" on the cover. He wanted Guitar World to be a quality magazine again and it very well could be done by putting him on the cover.

Unfortunately, GW is not being cooperative with us, so we could use some help though. Let's try to make it happen: give Chuck the honour and respect he deserves!!!!

Re: DO A FEATURE ON CHUCK SCHULDINER!!!

<a href="mailto:geoff@hitsquad.com">Send me</a> some details about Chuck and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers
Geoff

: Chuck Schuldiner was one of the best guitarists around. He sadly passed away December 13th. We are trying to get him the coverage of Guitar World magazine because it was Chuck's dream to be on the cover someday. He was sick and tired of seeing underrated "guitarists" on the cover. He wanted Guitar World to be a quality magazine again and it very well could be done by putting him on the cover.

: Unfortunately, GW is not being cooperative with us, so we could use some help though. Let's try to make it happen: give Chuck the honour and respect he deserves!!!!

Re: DO A FEATURE ON CHUCK SCHULDINER!!!

Alright, listen up you pussy Guitar World editors, theres no reason why you shouldn't have Chuck on the cover of your magazine. Not only is his cover picture overdue, but you guys should feel honored to even have his picture next to your company name. I don't want to buy your guys' gay ass magazine if you don't start putting some real guitarists with REAL talent, not some teeny-bopper faggots who could never play a lead if their life depended on it. POST OR DIE!!! R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner.

Need feedback-first recording

Just wanna see if I can get some feedback on my first Cubase recording. Criticisms & advice appreciated.

http://members.rogers.com/schmange5/Scary.mp3

schmange@guitartricks.com
Peace & Grooviness
schmange

Schmange's Guitar Tricks
http://www.schmange.com

Monday, March 11, 2002
8:57:10 AM

Re: Need feedback-first recording

Hmm.I think it's better to record your guitar "Live" from a microphone near the amp.You might want to cut down the high end on the recorder.Use lot of of gain (of course)and stand in different parts of the room.
Good Luck

modes

Some one please send me info on tapes,videos, magazines or books on advanced lead guitar (using modes) and other blues notes

Re: modes

Just search the web, or buy them off ebay... and blues notes, every note is a blues note... context.

: Some one please send me info on tapes,videos, magazines or books on advanced lead guitar (using modes) and other blues notes

help need from expert

i want to play some english songs & hindi films songs in leads so plz give me some notes

Robert Flemming Jr.

How did Robert Flemming Jr. invent the guitar.

Valley arts custom pro

For Sale: Valley Arts Custom Pro #02037

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.