Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: boss me-6

If I remember right you have to keep left and down buttons pressed down while you plug the power on.

Re: boss me-6

: If I remember right you have to keep left and down buttons pressed down while you plug the power on.

Does any one know a site where I can download the ME-6 Instruction Manual? I went to bossus.com, but to no avail.

Thanks!

Classical Guitar Tablature?

Classical Guitar Tablature?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Classical Guitar Tablature?

Tori amos's smells like teen spirit cover

Tori amos's smells like teen spirit cover

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tori amos's smells like teen spirit cover

pre audition nerves

Trust in god - take loads of drugs to become hyper. Turn every dial up to max and go nuts. Set fire to your guitar and one of the other band members (bassists usually burn best) and throw axe directly at the person running the audition. Remember attitude is all that matters not musical ability.

gibson eb3

hi, i was wondering if anybody knows what my '63 gibson eb3 bass is worth, i am looking to sell it, but only have a rough idea of it's value, the condition can be described as well used, the sound is beautiful, a deep fuzz bass, i don't really want to sell, but i have just mved house and the money would be handy.......thanks

Re: gibson eb3

hey wuts up? i would like to have an eb3. how much are you looking to sell if for? what color is it? i would like to talk to you about it some more. -cameron

This is not that guy, bit I have a '70 EB3 in excellent condition that I can let go for $1200. It is a dark natural finish with two single coil p/u's and no pickguard (meaning originally, not missing one.) Also incl. a hard case. It plays and sounds great, I am just interested in picking up a fretless. Drop me a line. Mike

:My boyfreind is looking for I think a '74 Gibson eb3 bass if anyone in illinois is looking to sell one we would be interested! thanks
Jen

I have a '67/'68 for sale, I live in Ky.
I've owned it for many years and don't use
it. Someone needs this guitar, it needs to be
played.

i would be interested to know the condition, color and price if you are serious about selling.

let me know and we can work something out.

: I have a '67/'68 for sale, I live in Ky.
: I've owned it for many years and don't use
: it. Someone needs this guitar, it needs to be
: played.

Hi, i'm looking to buy an eB3 bass i just have a couple questions though. How many frets does it have? Are the pick ups humbuckers? And does it have a pick up selector?

PS:could you send me a picture and give me a price you would be looking to sell it for

Thanks

do you still have the EB-3 for sale I want it thanks george

Guitar Advise

I have a Parker P-38. When I bought the guitar 3 weeks ago the set up was horrible, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tech advise?

Re: Guitar Advise

better bring it to a tech........ or where u bought it man.. they'll know what to do

Bass input broken

The input for my audio cable that's supposed to connect to the amp has started to break, the sound is randomly crackling out and the last time I took it to a shop it cost me and it took a really long time. There has to be an easier way. Does anybody kno how to fix one of these broken inputs?

Re: Bass input broken

: The input for my audio cable that's supposed to connect to the amp has started to break, the sound is randomly crackling out and the last time I took it to a shop it cost me and it took a really long time. There has to be an easier way. Does anybody kno how to fix one of these broken inputs?

Gee Informer, You must be pretty rough on your equipment, ha-ha. If you have a soldering iron and a new 1/4 inch jack you can fix it yourself. Both can be found at your local Radio Shack. Soldering is not hard

guitars

I'm doin a paper on how you can make a guitar sound better,like different strings, different styles of guitars. if anyone has any suggestions email me

Kawai bass wiring

My Kawai bass F 2 B 110 KS (SHB active pickups) is not working and i’m looking for the electronic (wiring) diagram. Have you got one or do you know any web where I can find it. Thanks. My e-mail: alnerp@nexos.co.cr

advice on first distortion pedals?

Hi, I'm on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx

Re: advice on first distortion pedals?

Hi,i personally suggest the BOSS metal zone pedal. its the most versatile distortion pedal i have used, from slight blues to screaming metal, the pedal can do it all. It would really go with your gear cause its that versatile.

: Hi, I'm on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx

I would advise the marshall guvnor pedal. If you can't get one the frontline distortion is inexpensive and superb. IT'S THE ONE I USE. Try a few at your local store thru a marshall amp using a similar guitar, you will soon find one you like. GOOD HUNTING, PSYCO(UK)

Man, if you can find it the original Boss HMII is a great pedal. Try to find one that was made during the late eighties because they have changed it since then. The original sounds much more organic and will give you more gain that you will know what to do with but at the same time it's easy to set up and you can get a variety of usable tones.

Over and out

: : Hi, I'm on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx

: I would advise the marshall guvnor pedal. If you can't get one the frontline distortion is inexpensive and superb. IT'S THE ONE I USE. Try a few at your local store thru a marshall amp using a similar guitar, you will soon find one you like. GOOD HUNTING, PSYCO(UK)

If you can find an original Boss HMII from the eighties that was a killer pedal. The rest of the Boss HM series are just awful.

I'm using a Mesa V Twin right now and in some ways it's an effects rack all by itself plus you can use it as a DI box for going directly into a mixing board or into a recording divice. The only problem is that it runs about $300. I'm borrowing it right now but I know I can't pop for a $300 stomp box so that's why I'm looking at getting the Marshall Guvnor 2.

I've heard good things about the Zakk Wylde MXR pedal. It's a little more expensive than the Marshall but it's a lot more compact. Personally I'm a little be leary of the q c from Dunlop becuase their Crybaby pedals usually die a quick death.

: : Hi, I'm on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx

: I would advise the marshall guvnor pedal. If you can't get one the frontline distortion is inexpensive and superb. IT'S THE ONE I USE. Try a few at your local store thru a marshall amp using a similar guitar, you will soon find one you like. GOOD HUNTING, PSYCO(UK)

: Hi, I'm on my first distortion pedal hunt, and before I try things out and look around, I need some help on where to start. I have a 45 watt Marshall amp and Squier Strat. Not sure how this will affect it, but I want one that suits my equipment best. Any ideas? Thanks xxx

DUDE, I use a Re-issued Ibanez TS-9. Nice sound, good price. Well built. It's groovy

The Ibanez SMASH BOX!It does ONE THING,WELL...scooped midrange distortion.This is today's sound.I owned the MT-2(Metal Zone)and the parametric e.q. drove me nuts! I'd have to re-tweak it when I changed amps or rooms.
The Smash Box is cheap,easy to use and nasty.
Good Luck

I suggest the zoom 505 II, cause it's a very versatile pedal. This multi effect unit has 12 TYPES OF DISTORTION, and also has many other effects such as chorus, slow attack, delays and echo, compressor, contour, reverbs, auto wah, flanger, etc, etc, etc, at a very nice price.

DO NOT GET A METAL ZONE PEDAL
ANYTHING ELSE BUT THAT

I use a Marshall Guv'nor GV2 with my Les Paul and JTM45 reissue. If your amp is valve, you
shoulsd stay away from effects that will sap your tone and input levels. In my experience
digital distortions, including Zoom units, do this. You want something with true bypass, which
means that your guitar signal will be completely unaffected by the pedal when its off. The
good thing about the Guv'nor is its sophisticated EQ contraols. It's not super high gain, but it
can get close. Cleans up real nice when you use your guitar's volume. I also use a Visual
Sound Route 66 combined OD/Compressor. Great for sparkly clean, compressed OD, and
Stonesy riffs. THe Marshall Bluesbreaker is a dual mode pedal with quite a nice, though
one-trick, distortion sound and a boost option designed to overdrive preamp valves.

Well, i've never tryed a marshall guv'nor gv2 (though i've heard some good things about it), but i must say that zoom digital distortions to their job quite well. I've played with ibanez and boss dist. pedals and they won't get u as far as the zoom (505II) does... Besides, it includes a 4 band eq and can truly bypass. The tone is great on my ibanez rg550 (and i use a marshall valve amp).
The marshall guv'nor gv2 probably sounds much more better then the zoom does, but the 505II is still a good choice.

Hi, i am considering buying the MEGA DISTORTION pedal made by BOSS. Thing is though when i tested it the sound seemed good but i couldent get the distorted sound much louder than the clean sound?? i also hate the "hiss" made when the pedal is switched on, how can I elimenate the hiss, and also get my distoted soung much louder than my clean sound?

ADA MP1 or MP2

ADA MP1 or MP2

This popular thread has been given its own page : ADA MP1 or MP2

Hank Marvin Sound

Hank Marvin Sound

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hank Marvin Sound

Kahler Tremolo

I'm in need of a Kahler flat tremolo. If there's anyone who can help me find one or tell me what guitars these came standard on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: Kahler Tremolo

Olá.
I have a guitar To cleave Stratocaster, I do not know the year of manufacture, plus it was bought in the year of 1992, in a store in Brazil, parents where I live. This instrument was bought new and is of Japanese manufacture. I number serial 1026616. The bridge is Kahler mark.
The constraint of the ropes pro use excess this with one of the espanados screws and not meeting in Brazil this part. .
It would like to know if vocês they can give an idea to me of where buying, if it is that possible to find this part. Necessary very to use this instrument.

Re: Kahler Tremolo

Ebay somtimes has some of these items. Kahler tremelos are rare and expensive.

Hello everyone!

I was curious about the types of guitars and the sounds they make. If anyone has any info, can you tell me?

Re: Hello everyone!

mmmmm, Types: good/bad : Sounds: Good/bad, good sounds usually come from good guitars played by a good guitarists, but a good guitarist can make a bad guitar sound good and visa versa... actually your question is too vauge to answer without writing a book here, so search around music sites and check out differnt vendors/models to get an idea, and also check out vintige sites.

: I was curious about the types of guitars and the sounds they make. If anyone has any info, can you tell me?

ARIA U60T URCHIN SERIES

ARIA U60T URCHIN SERIES

This popular thread has been given its own page : ARIA U60T URCHIN SERIES

NERVES

SO YOUR NERVOUS? GOOD. I have played live for more than ten years and I still get nervous. In the uk there are not a lot of places to play, so when you audition, ENJOY THE MOMENT. Have some laughs with your friends listen to the other bands there and find out what music is on the juke box,it's a good clue to the music people like in the venue. If there isn't one look at the bill board for past acts and you'll soon see if you fit the requirements for the venue. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A BLAST. PSYCO.

Ibanez Silver series Jazzbass

Ibanez Silver series Jazzbass

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez Silver series Jazzbass

Dunlops Talkbox HT-1 anyone uses it?

Hi
Does anyone use this talkbox? And if, how is your setup? I just bought one and want to use it with my Vox Ac30-amp. I have my amp and speaker separated.

/Johan

Audition Nerves

I am the author of a forthcoming publication..."The Musicians Prayer Book". Each prayer relates to a different instrument, and to areas such as practising etc. All in all, a mix of music, spirituality and humour !
If you like I'll E-mail you a free extract...a prayer called "The Audition". I think it would be applicable to your situation.
Just E-mail musiciansprayerbook@eircom.net
Oh !......and Good Luck !

1974 Gibson Marauder... rare and sweet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=859307566

Bid or email me at bskilton81@yahoo.com with an offer.

Re: 1974 Gibson Marauder... rare and sweet!

: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=859307566

: Bid or email me at bskilton81@yahoo.com with an offer.

Re: 1974 Gibson Marauder... rare and sweet!

: : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=859307566

: : Bid or email me at bskilton81@yahoo.com with an offer.
will you give a buy it now im very interested

Any sites with Scanned Guitar Tabs out there?

Need some Led Zep and Chili Peppers.

Re: Any sites with Scanned Guitar Tabs out there?

dude go to www.tablature2perfection.cjb.net thats my site :)

scanned guitar tabs

go to www.tradetabs.8k.com

stam.webhop.net

goto stam.webhop.net

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.