Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Any sites with Scanned Guitar Tabs out there?

I have set up a ftp with tabs. RATIOS included. The speeds aren`t too good for now.
You can see the welcome message, please don`t abuse.
I will update it soon, with new uploads and my stuff.
If you have problems contact me at anita_sotensek@hotmail.com

The ftp will be up from monday to friday at 8 AM to 10 PM
Central European Time. Sometimes it will be up during
saturday and sunday too. Enjoy.

Adress : 193.111.222.206 or ftp.guitartabs.com
Username : GUITAR
Passwords : TABS
Port : 21
Feel free to e-mail me.

Re: Any sites with Scanned Guitar Tabs out there?

thats funny thewicker....you where downloading all your tabs from me. not anymore BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: Need some Led Zep and Chili Peppers.

Takamine Electric

I need info on Takamine Electric Solid body neck. 2 humbuckers, Anybody know of them making a non accustic?

Re: Takamine Electric

Missy,
It's likely a GX-200. They made them in the early '80s. I'm getting ready to sell a black one on eBay. Very nice guitar for the money!
Regards, Dan

I have one too.. i cant find anything on it it's like it doesnt exist

I have one as well that I picked up in a pawn shop about 4 years ago for $150.00. It has no serial numbers on it, but the word "Takamine" on the front is not a fake. It is under the clearcoat. Very strange that the web says nothing about it except here. I have wondered about it for years. Plays well though.

Takamine Electric

Takamine Electric

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine Electric

Steinberger replacement bass body

Steinberger replacement bass body

This popular thread has been given its own page : Steinberger replacement bass body

pedal repair

when i play with my multi fx pedal it sucks because when i have distortion on there is a static sound what can i do to get rid of it.?

I need guitar tabs to Dead Girl Superstar by Rob Zombie

I need the guitar tablature to dead girl superstar by rob zombie if anyone has it please e mail it to me at patrickbailey15@hotmail.com

Audition

First of all you could be the best band in the world but if you or your band mates are a bunch of pricks, you will have a harder time getting the gig. We have got many more gigs than other bands in our area, by not only being good but beeing very easy to deal with and be respectful of the people and the place where you are playing. If you are playing your own original music, then you should be very confident in your performance, because no one else will be familiar with your material and if a mistake happens, just keep jammin' and no one will notice. Stage presence will get you more gigs than just playing good, if you are jumping around( tastefully) and putting on a good visual show, then your audience will be watching you and not hearing evry little mistake you make and this also releases nervous energy. Open up with a fast or heavy energetic song to release that nervous energy, if you start with a slow or medium tempo song and just stand there then you tend to become a little tense. Just remeber be confident with your abilities and put on a good visual show and remeber it's only rock n roll so HAVE FUN DON'T SWEAT IT!

LOOKING TO JAM

I'M A 67YR. OLD RETIRED MUSICIAN (GUITARIST).FORMER BIG BAND PLAYER. I LIVE ON THE NORTH SHORE OF LONG ISLAND N.Y. I'D LOVE TO GET TOGETHER WITH OTHER RETIRED MUSICIANS TO RELIVE,SOME OF THE GREAT TUNES WE USED TO PLAY. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED THANKS

Wanted = Aria Pro II Cardinal Bass

Hi there,
I am looking for a Aria Pro II Cardinal Bass.
Mail me at idihgeli@hotmail.com if you have some infos and pics.
Thanks very much

Cheers,
*Koesuma

lefty 7 string

I must have a lefty 7 string guitar. Any assistance
on my quest will be greatly apriceated.( I know I spelled that wrong)

Re: lefty 7 string

Haha, I'm also after one. There's only two I've ever come across, the Schecter Omen 7 lefty, and the Ibanez RG 7420L, which I think might be an asia-pacific model only. Not to mention it's a piece of crap, sent it back the next day after I got it, twisted neck, and the bridge pickup was stuffed. I'm trying to get ahold of the schecter now...

Original Steinberger Bass arc legpost

I am looking for an original Stienberger bass arc legpost. Please contact me with any leads or ideas.

Thanx!
Zeke

Re: Original Steinberger Bass arc legpost

im looking as well
: I am looking for an original Stienberger bass arc legpost. Please contact me with any leads or ideas.

: Thanx!
: Zeke

need help-fender twin

I need help because I am buying fender twin rerverb. I would like to know witch speakers are the best and what are other things that I must be carefull on.
Thanks guys.

Re: need help-fender twin

Get the original speakers that come with it! You'll keep the Twins natural,clean tone.In case you don't already know,Twins are not desinged to "break up" like Marshalls.But they can still blow your windows out.
Happy Hunting

Pre WWII Kay

Does anyone know how to date a guitar by the number stamped on the inside? I am trying to find the value of my guitar.

New beginner tutorial site

Not sure if it is appropriate to post this message here but I've worked quite hard on a new beginner guitar tutorial site which can be found here

http://www.reggieband.com/flash_guitar/

It's free and done by me as a project for school. Please check it out and give me some feedback.

regards,
reggie

How to make old vintage amp a preamp?

Hi folks,
I've got an old Ampeg Jet with only 2 inputs and no outs. It's a 65 and it has incredible tone and unbelievable tremolo. I want to run it into the "Power In Jack" on my L5 Lab Series Amp. Any suggestions on a way to do this w/o signal degradation and w/o frying anything.

Brain.

Re: How to make old vintage amp a preamp?

Visit Crank Amplifiers and Email the owner about an alligator clip attachment for your Ampeg speaker. It pulls the signal from your output to a box with a knob for adjusting signal strength. He might make you one. They do what you want without ruining your amp. The guys a budding genius. Builds nice amps too.

Ovation I.D.

I have an Ovation acustic Model 1112-4 ser# 066445. I am looking for any info, including value,year ect. Thanks

DLS pedals have true bypass with volume adjust

The DLS delay and chorus pedals have true bypass and volume adjust for those who want to match the volume of the effect with the volume of the straight instrument. This is very important for users who don't want a volume change when kicking in the effect in a song!

Re: DLS pedals have true bypass with volume adjust

: The DLS delay and chorus pedals have true bypass and volume adjust for those who want to match the volume of the effect with the volume of the straight instrument. This is very important for users who don't want a volume change when kicking in the effect in a song!

www.dlseffects.com

Instruction Manual for a BOSS ME-5 Guitar Multiple Effects

Instruction Manual for a BOSS ME-5 Guitar Multiple Effects

This popular thread has been given its own page : Instruction Manual for a BOSS ME-5 Guitar Multiple Effects

Seymour Duncan Hot Rails

Does anyone here know of a good UK site that sells Seymours (or in fact any spare pickups etc.)over the net, as I don't want to have to order them from my local music shop (it's rubbish) and I really want to get a set of Hot Rails for my Telecaster. Search engines are not helping, and I can find no spares sites anywhere. Surely there must be one somewhere! Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails

Try www.chandlerguitars.co.uk/ they are my local guitar shop in Richmond, they tend to be quite expencive sometimes although they do have a good stock, also try www.runningfrog.com

hazza

Sketches for a pickguard for a Yamaha SGX / Ibanez RG

Hey peeples. I have a black Yamaha SGX121S guitar, which is basically an Ibanez RG series. I am thinking of getting a pickguard. First of all, would it be wise? does anybody know of a company which I could get it made by?

If anybody has some sketches or ideas for a really cool pickguard, please email them to camarokid_007@hotmail.com right away!

thanx.

Re: Sketches for a pickguard for a Yamaha SGX / Ibanez RG

u r a faggot asking people fir ideas for you instument which should be a thing of personal expresion ps you guitar is shit!

Need advice to put a fishman preamp in a Martin folk guitar

I got a Martin 0001R guitar that i would transform into a electroacoustique guitar. I'm looking on fishman stuff ...
Does anyone is experienced ?

Re: Need advice to put a fishman preamp in a Martin folk guitar

The Gold Plus isn't too bad, and the Rare Earth I like, I have a tech 21 DI on mine and love it, and it costs about the same as the Gold+.

: I got a Martin 0001R guitar that i would transform into a electroacoustique guitar. I'm looking on fishman stuff ...
: Does anyone is experienced ?

MY Music Page

I like your Guitar Site and also wanted to let everyone know about my music page.

I like to sing and play folk songs and classic rock/pop songs on my
guitar. I recently put together "My Music Page" at;
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/guitar1

You're invited to listen to my recordings. I use the Sound Recorder in
my PC to record my music and then up-load the songs onto my music page.
I'm currently working on Lazin' on a Sunny Afternoon by the Kinks. It' should be on my music site in May. I usually up-date my recordings with new songs every month so plan to stop by often. Enjoy my recordings and feel free to email me with your comments. Thanks in advance for listening...

Have a Great Day!!!

Frank
Williamstown, New Jersey, USA

Yamaha SG2000

Yamaha SG2000

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha SG2000

palm mute

what is a palm mute

Re: palm mute

It's a tehnique. When you play the guitar mute the strings with your right hand palm on the bridge. But not too far from the bridge and not to close. You have to do it at the same time as you hit the strings. Palm mute is effective especially with distortion sound.
You can play it on one, two or even three strings at the same time. It would be the best if someone show it to you.

Bass models

I am shopping for a bass, but regrettably ignorant on the subject. What model should I be looking for?

Re: Bass models

depends on what you intend to play, and how much you are willing to shell out. Fender Precision and Jazz basses are venerable names, and if you're scrimping, go for the japanese or mexican models. generally, active basses are more versatile, but lacks the warmth of passive models. check out models from Washburn and Ibanez. if you have money to spare, get a Warwick or a Factor. heve a good day. :)

CHEAPEST PLACE WHERE BUY A PRS IN L.A.

I NEED TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST GUITAR SHOP IN LA , TO BUY A PAUL REED SMITH CUSTOM.
THANKS!

Re: CHEAPEST PLACE WHERE BUY A PRS IN L.A.

Check out eBay

: I NEED TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST GUITAR SHOP IN LA , TO BUY A PAUL REED SMITH CUSTOM.
: THANKS!

Re: CHEAPEST PLACE WHERE BUY A PRS IN L.A.

: : I NEED TO KNOW THE CHEAPEST GUITAR SHOP IN LA , THANKS!

7 STRING: CELESTION V 30,or ELECTRO VOICE 12 ?

I HAVE A PAIR OF 7 STRING(IBANEZ 7621 , ESP H-207) , WITH EMG 707 ACTIVE PICKUPS , AND A MESA BOOGIE DUAL RECTIFIER . I PLAY METAL STYLE MUSIC , AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST SPEAKER FOR ME. I LISTENED MANY THINGS ABOUT THE CELESTION V 30 , AND THE ELECTRO VOICE 12-L .THERE´S ALSO A NEW CELESTION THAT I DON´T KNOW VERY WELL (THE "CENTURY").
THANKS!!!!

Re: 7 STRING: CELESTION V 30,or ELECTRO VOICE 12 ?

I have the Triple Recto with the ESP H-207, one cab has Celestion 8ohm V30s and the other was custom made with Eminence 75W 8ohm Speakers. The V30s are crisp and tight with emphasis on the mid and treble. The Eminence speakers are creamier and provide softer clipping (most likely due to the large voice coil and the extended head room). I like them both for different sounds. My leads sound better with the Eminence speakers but, my rythems sound tighter with the Celestion V30s. Hope that this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Todd Cotton
www.twentyforseven.net

: I HAVE A PAIR OF 7 STRING(IBANEZ 7621 , ESP H-207) , WITH EMG 707 ACTIVE PICKUPS , AND A MESA BOOGIE DUAL RECTIFIER . I PLAY METAL STYLE MUSIC , AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST SPEAKER FOR ME. I LISTENED MANY THINGS ABOUT THE CELESTION V 30 , AND THE ELECTRO VOICE 12-L .THERE´S ALSO A NEW CELESTION THAT I DON´T KNOW VERY WELL (THE "CENTURY").
: THANKS!!!!

MessaBoogie Formula Preamp

1. Is this preamp good for metal?
2. Does it has stereo output?
3. Can you control it by midi controler?

THNX

Re: MessaBoogie Formula Preamp

: 1. Is this preamp good for metal?yes
: 2. Does it has stereo output?yes
: 3. Can you control it by midi controler?no

: THNX

Steinberger basses

Does anyone know of any after market gig bags for Steinberger basses? The one that comes with the bass is not tough enough for heavey travel.
Jerry

Re: Steinberger basses

Have you checked the Stenibergerworld web site? They also have a great Yahoo linked site that has a lot of info. for Steinberger owners.

Good luck,
Bill

Re: Steinberger basses

Not off hand, but you might try checking out the Steinberger World web site and its linked sites.
Failing that, a custom one can be made for it, but it will be more expensive than an off the shelf
case (I recently priced one up for a custom bass, and they can run almost double the price of regular cases).

Good luck!

How much is a Vintage 1970's Yamaha FG-30 worth? Recenlty baught one at yardsale for $80...

I was just curious how much a vintage 70's Yamaha FG-300 would be valued at. Has red sticker inside, probably good condition. All original.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.