Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Where can i get some Zakk wylde's Black label society tabs?

Go to www.blacklabelsociety.net, look around, and you'll find it.

: does anyone know any good sites?

i dunno but pls msg me if u find any coz i need them 2

Re: Where can i get some Zakk wylde's Black label society tabs and lyrics?

: does anyone know any good sites?

GO TO WWW.BLACKLABELSOCIETY.NET AND CLICK ON TABLATURES YOU FUCKING MORONS

Re: GO TO WWW.BLACKLABELSOCIETY.NET AND CLICK ON TABLATURES YOU FUCKING MORONS

hahahahhaaha :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Got Porta 05 user man (pdf)???

I would apreciate it if you could email it to me if u have it...
Cheers!

vinnie moore´s "losing faith" tab?

If u got it, please email it to me...
Cheers!

Re: vinnie moore´s "losing faith" tab?

here is it
http://www.myguitartabs.com/showsong.php?artist=vinnie%20moore&tab=losing%20faith.txt&song=Tabs/Guitar/vinnie%20moore/losing%20faith.txt

I need help on what to buy for a beginner electric guitar

Hi,
I went to a music store and found a used mexican fender stratocaster fir $250. Is that a good deal? I also need to know what kind of amp to get to just use at home(nothing fancy). Your input is appriciated!

Re: I need help on what to buy for a beginner electric guitar

Hi Aaron. Do try the Marshall G 15R CD. I've just got one and I'm impressed; it's ideal for home and small gigs at 15 watts. The CD suffix means that you can run the stereo through it to play along to your fave tracks. Price: around £80.

Nyah

HI.
I'm looking for Hans Zimmer's "Nyah" solo. if someone has it pleace send it to me
mervyako@aol.com
i'll be really thanksful

GuitarBattle.com: Check this out...

Hey guys, I bet there are a bunch of awesome guitarists out there reading this. I just finished writing my new website http://www.guitarbattle.com. The site is a place for guitarists to post their mp3's, listen to others, post messages, vote on other guitarists' mp3's and more. Best of all: It's totally FREE. Made for guitarists by guitarists. So please check the site out and battle someone today. Thanks.

Rob L
GuitarBattle.com Founder

1967 EB-3L

Where can I find an OEM wiring diagram for a Gibson EB-3 (has humbucker, mini-humbucker@bridge, 2V, 2T and 4-pos. rotary selector? Thanks all for any help.

Re: 1967 EB-3L

: Where can I find an OEM wiring diagram for a Gibson EB-3 (has humbucker, mini-humbucker@bridge, 2V, 2T and 4-pos. rotary selector? Thanks all for any help.

I have one. email me an I will send it to you.

Dave

What's the difference between a baritone guitar and a normal guitar?

What's the difference between a baritone guitar and a normal guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What's the difference between a baritone guitar and a normal guitar?

Sg compared to a les paul

I like how les paul's play. i was wondering if the action on the sg is about the same. Are the materials used as good. What are the downsides to an SG

Re: Sg compared to a les paul

I own a Les Paul Custom with an SG body. So basically it's an SG Custom with Les Paul electronics and layout. I was going to buy a Les Paul but after trying out the 2 I prefered the SG. Just loved the double cutaway.

One drawback I find is that the SG is extremely top heavy so when you wear a strap and play standing the guitar slides down. No big deal it's so light you can hold it up with your fretting hand and actually pivot the guitar easily aiding in string bending.

Try the 2 out and see which you prefer.

: I like how les paul's play. i was wondering if the action on the sg is about the same. Are the materials used as good. What are the downsides to an SG

Re: Sg compared to a les paul

SG just stands for "Small Guitar." They should play about the same, really, if they are both Gibsons.

JAPANESE CHARVEL MODEL 4

I have a Japanese Charvel model 4 with guitar logo, dot inlays,
pickup config. H/S/S 1 volume & 2 tone controls 3 mini toggle swithes.
I need a wiring diagram bad!!
Please help!!

Re: JAPANESE CHARVEL MODEL 4

check this out:

http://pub52.ezboard.com/fjacksoncharvelforumfrm17.showMessage?topicID=811.topic

: I have a Japanese Charvel model 4 with guitar logo, dot inlays,
: pickup config. H/S/S 1 volume & 2 tone controls 3 mini toggle swithes.
: I need a wiring diagram bad!!
: Please help!!

I have the Charvel Model 4 wiring diagram. Let me know if you still need it and I will send it to you.

: I have the Charvel Model 4 wiring diagram. Let me know if you still need it and I will send it to you.

Please send me the wiring diagrams. I am rebuilding one to factory specs. Thanks

The ugliest guitar

What the ugliest guitar you can find, id like to see a picture of what anyone else can find

Re: The ugliest guitar

Hey Mike. In my opinion, there are no TRULY ugly guitars, but there sure as heck are a lot of strange looking ones. I'll list them here:

Metropolitan Tanglewood (www.metropolitanguitars.com)
G&L Comanche (www.glguitars.com)
Anything in the Gibson Designer Series (www.gibson.com)
Schecter Custom Orpheus (www.schecterguitars.com/sgr_home_fl.htm)

Hope I helped ya! Go to the websites to find pictures

: What the ugliest guitar you can find, id like to see a picture of what anyone else can find

THAT SQUARE PIECE OF CRAP THAR BO DIDDLY USED TO PLAY

- Anything "gothic", warlock/beast... "pointy body" stuff like that
- Any guitar w/lots of stickers and writing... put em on your case.
- Bigbsy's, just don't like the way they look , I love my gretsch CG (w/bigbsy), but still think it makes the guitar look awful... and especially the Angus Young (I think) SG w/one.

: What the ugliest guitar you can find, id like to see a picture of what anyone else can find

- Anything "gothic", warlock/beast... "pointy body" stuff like that
- Any guitar w/lots of stickers and writing... put em on your case.
- Bigbsy's, just don't like the way they look , I love my gretsch CG (w/bigbsy), but still think it makes the guitar look awful... and especially the Angus Young (I think) SG w/one.

That fernandes that looks like a dick. We regularly refer to it as a wangcaster

How is STAGG guitars quality???

How is STAGG guitars quality???

This popular thread has been given its own page : How is STAGG guitars quality???

CONRAD GUITAR

CONRAD GUITAR

This popular thread has been given its own page : CONRAD GUITAR

Victor Garcia Valencia Spain classical guitar

Victor Garcia Valencia Spain classical guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Victor Garcia Valencia Spain classical guitar

Gibson **flying v**

I am looking for an answer here. The Gibson Flying V Electric Guitar has many reissues of the original. I have one and I need to know exactly which one it is. I believe its a Heritage model b/c of the "A followed with three numbers" serial number. But I've also been told that it could be a 3rd re-issue. I know wuite a bit about these guitars but I am left a little directionless with this particular question. Help.

Re: Gibson **flying v**

You have a 1981 Heritage 58 Reissue. The A denotes Heritage year 1981 for sure. B was used for 1981 - 82 C was used for 82 - 83 and D was used for 83.

Hope that helps.

TR.

Thank you, that does help me :-)

Hi Tr, that does help a lot for the exact year. Thank you.

~Amanda

E-B3 Bass wiring, was anyone successful?

Please Help if anyone can, I need an original wiring diagram for an E-B3 Gibson Bass that is being restored.
wan't to try and do it profesh as possible...

(Try? there is no try, only Do or Not do... Yoda)

what's the best humbucker?

what's the best humbucker?

This popular thread has been given its own page : what's the best humbucker?

Mesa Boogie Settings

Hi could anyone help me wit some good settings for like a heavy or rock sounding distortion for the triple rectifier third channel.

Re: Mesa Boogie Settings

I set the presence almost all of the way down, the gain around 3:00 depending on my volume, bass at 11:00, mid at 11:00 and treble at 1:00. You are going to get a ton of bass out of this amp. Your speaker set up will also effect your tone.

If you want to hear how this sounds on tape, you can listen to a demo tune that I recorded at home on www.garageband.com. It is listed under the Metal catagory and the group is called FIST! Only one tune to download.

Good luck and I hope that this helps you.

Re: Mesa Boogie Settings

: Hi could anyone help me wit some good settings for like a heavy or rock sounding distortion for the triple rectifier third channel. And I want the clean to be crips but not too punchy.

introduce my producs

Dear Sir or Ms:
You are recommended by the famous Music friends. We are very glad to aware of you have widely experience,higher reputation and a much larger potential customers in the music line. We admire you are growing business increasingly.I would like to take the apportunity to wish you be getting on well with your business and become stonger and stonger.According to your condition,We would like to offer you an appoint as an agent in your country.We don't know if you would accept. If you accept, I wish to express our desire to establish a happy and lasting workship relations with you !
Please allow me introduce ourselves to you. We are OEM and ODM manufacture.We 've been providing award-winning amplification, Dj mixer,Power mixer products since 1996, we have been recognized as the Amplifer, DJ mixer and Power mixer line of the year all over the world.We have built an outstanding reputation in the musical equipment industry as a supplier of products with innovative features, excellent sound and outstanding value.
Please visit our website: www.tempoamps.com You will see our full products including company profile and product spec etc.If you are interested in our products, We are looking forward to taking sample and purchase Our importing materials is approved by ISO 9001 quanlity system.Each step of our production flow is inspected by QC strictly. Our product is approved by government.Above all, Our quotation is so low that there will be no other firm that is in a position to make a more favorable bid.If you work with us sincerely,We sell at the website price of 75%.At the meantime, Our products function is multiple: DJ MIXER-sm1000 is very smallest and function is very strongly all over the world. PS4000 sound effect is very clearly without AC hum high. We attend the all types of shows For example NAMM and Frank Musik Messe show. Our PS 4000, SM1000 and PR15 as well as the related product is attractive deeply in the oversea customers. We won the goodwill among the oversea customers.Due to we have the well-developed R&D and orgnization,advanced philosophy,best quality and make us deliver quickly without the effects.
All in all, If you need to inquiry, Please contact us by E-mail: webmaster@tempoamps.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Best regards,

Re: introduce my producs

I don't think I would buy a "government approved" amp, just dosen't seem rock-n-roll to me.

:

: Dear Sir or Ms:
: You are recommended by the famous Music friends. We are very glad to aware of you have widely experience,higher reputation and a much larger potential customers in the music line. We admire you are growing business increasingly.I would like to take the apportunity to wish you be getting on well with your business and become stonger and stonger.According to your condition,We would like to offer you an appoint as an agent in your country.We don't know if you would accept. If you accept, I wish to express our desire to establish a happy and lasting workship relations with you !
: Please allow me introduce ourselves to you. We are OEM and ODM manufacture.We 've been providing award-winning amplification, Dj mixer,Power mixer products since 1996, we have been recognized as the Amplifer, DJ mixer and Power mixer line of the year all over the world.We have built an outstanding reputation in the musical equipment industry as a supplier of products with innovative features, excellent sound and outstanding value.
: Please visit our website: www.tempoamps.com You will see our full products including company profile and product spec etc.If you are interested in our products, We are looking forward to taking sample and purchase Our importing materials is approved by ISO 9001 quanlity system.Each step of our production flow is inspected by QC strictly. Our product is approved by government.Above all, Our quotation is so low that there will be no other firm that is in a position to make a more favorable bid.If you work with us sincerely,We sell at the website price of 75%.At the meantime, Our products function is multiple: DJ MIXER-sm1000 is very smallest and function is very strongly all over the world. PS4000 sound effect is very clearly without AC hum high. We attend the all types of shows For example NAMM and Frank Musik Messe show. Our PS 4000, SM1000 and PR15 as well as the related product is attractive deeply in the oversea customers. We won the goodwill among the oversea customers.Due to we have the well-developed R&D and orgnization,advanced philosophy,best quality and make us deliver quickly without the effects.
: All in all, If you need to inquiry, Please contact us by E-mail: webmaster@tempoamps.com
: Website: www.tempoamps.com
: Contact: Mr. ZHOU
: We look forward to hearing from you soon!
: Best regards,
:
:
:
:

:

Mark Knopfler's Fender

The picture on the cover of the Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler recording "Neck and Neck" shows Mark with a Fender with a name that looks like "pinsa suite".Can someone please tell me something about this guitar.
Thank you in advance

Re: Mark Knopfler's Fender

It probably says "Pensa Suhr," John Suhr built guitars for quite a few pretty famnous guys while working for a guy named Rudy Pensa. Now John builds top-quality strat-styles under the name Suhr Guitars.
-Rick

I really don't have a clue about the "pinsa suite" or whatever it is thing, but Mark Knopfler actually rarely plays true blue Fender Strats. He has a Schecter copy of a Strat which I've seen him play very often, so that might be it.

As does Rudy Pensa...

Buzz Feiten Coversion

Anyone out there had the Buzz Feiten Conversion done to your guitar? How is it now?

best guitarists never heard

for all you people out there who don't try to find the best guitarists and rather are happy with the ones you know how about looking up jason becker/marty friedman as Cacophany. They are the most intense thing ive heard and they can still make the best ballads equal to steve vai. Its a shame they arent better known for the incredible musicians they were from such a young age.

Re: best guitarists never heard

Amen.Check this out:
http://www.michaelnickens.com: for all you people out there who don't try to find the best guitarists and rather are happy with the ones you know how about looking up jason becker/marty friedman as Cacophany. They are the most intense thing ive heard and they can still make the best ballads equal to steve vai. Its a shame they arent better known for the incredible musicians they were from such a young age.

strings

what are the best bass strings on the market? and where can i find them

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.