Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

NY-Tribute, Cover, N Original BANDS

www.MusicLifeOnline.com is dedicated to connecting NY bands with their fans. Giving info. on tribute, cover and original bands. Bands put your link and info for FREE.
laterz

tuned in C#

Hi. I was wondering if I'm going to downtune my guitar in C#, what strings I should use? At what gauge? I have a guitar with floyd rose. What are my chanses to have a good tuning stability?

Re: tuned in C#

Well, I almost always use 10's, because I like a fatter, cooler/less twangy sound, plus I often tune down to D (or even C#). I've tried 9's and 11's for this purpose and others and found that 10's work well, because they are fat enough for tuning low (even down to B) and they are easy to bend when tuned to E. You could always go with 11's for a fatter sound ( think the low E gets too much bass though) or a set of 10's with a thicker low E.

As far as brand goes you should probably go with D'Addario, because they're tighter sounding than other strings. Always avoid Ernie Ball! But remember most guitar strings come from the same factories anyhow.

Floyd Rose would be the problem here...I don't know what kind of guitar you have so guessed about the stability is useless. The best thing to do, which would cost about $80, would be to buy Sperzel's locking tuning keys which, strangely enough, lock the strings into place to avoid slippage.

If there are problems with the bridge alignment, the action or the tuning due to putting newer, thicker strings on you might want to put an extra spring in to balance the pull of the strings...or if you're tuning down you might want to take one of the springs out. Ask someone at a guitar store if it gets to this...

Troll

Because of assholes like you.

wiring diagram

Do you know whare I can find a wiring diagram for a fender strat?

Re: wiring diagram

Right here:

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/872437/1022550967433_Mvc_371f.jpg

Re: wiring diagram

: Do you know whare I can find a wiring diagram for a fender strat?
:
Did you find the diagram. I am after one as well.

nirvana tabs

This really makes you money, this is the only "make money fast" thing I've ever done, and i'm not regretting it. Neither will you.

Let me show you how this works,
STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope to prevent thievery. Next, place one paper in each stating the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service by this. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:

#1) Vicman Garcialepe
6713 Pickering Ave Apt "C"
Whittier, CA zip 90601

#2) Justin Hutchings
P.O. Box 242.
Hawkinsville Ga, 31036

#3) R.Anderson
6139 Loud Dr.
Oscoda, Mi 48750

#4) Jared Bonneville
2711 Doverbrook Rd.
Calgary AB, T2B 2L4
Canada

#5) kriss wong
Blk234,choa chu kang
central #09-05,
Singapore 680234

#6)Sean Kennedy
10530 NE 189th ST
Bothell, WA 98011

STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc?.) and add YOUR Name as number 6 on the list. STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at least 200 newsgroups, message board. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups) All you need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you make!-

: This is perfectly legal! If you have any doubts, refer to Title 18 Sec. 1302 & 1341 of the Postal lottery laws.
: Keep a copy of these steps for yourself and, whenever you need money, you can use it again, and again.

: : Congratulations? THAT'S IT! All you have to do is jump to different newsgroups and post away, after you get the hang of it, and it will take about 30 seconds for each newsgroup! ** REMEMBER, THE MORE NEWSGROUPS OR MESSAGE BOARD YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU GET!!!

guitars

I started playing when I was aabout 15 or so. The first guitar I had was a Praire acustic, don't have any idea who made it, I bought it for $50.00 brand new at a local music store.

I played that ole thing for several years then I got a cheap amp and a Deormond (not sure about the spelling) pickup. Really thought I had something.

Then I traded it off on an Ovation acustic in 1972,still have that one believe it or not!! That Ovation really had a great sound!!

I havent played for around 18 years now but I have Grandchrilden that really love music so I have been thinking about doing some, real needed work on that old O, and start playing aroung home for the babbies.

The thing is that I have always wanted a Martin as long as I can remember. I love the looks of the D15, and a few others, but I also love the looks and sounds of the Gibson, Guild, Takamine, Washburn,and a few others. All acustic(don't care for elec)although I do have a Gibson Les Paul Custom, but I prefer good ole USA MADE!!

Any advise you could give will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: guitars

You could go through that old Ovation a lot cheaper than buying a new "good" guitar. Ovations are bulletproof.

changing pickups

does anybody know how much money it would cost to have a humbucker pickup put into a single coil space on a fender stratocaster? please e-mail me at gcpunk742@aol.com if u have any info for me. thanks.

Re: changing pickups

does anybody know how to change a pickup that had four wires to a guitar when my other guitar had one wire?if so email me at chooth@earthlink.net

Re: changing pickups

yo, i recently did the same, £20 for the humbucker, £10 for the new pickguard to compensate for the bigger hole :)

Aspri Non-electric Guitar Reverb Unit

Aspri Non-electric Guitar Reverb Unit

This popular thread has been given its own page : Aspri Non-electric Guitar Reverb Unit

gretch plans

does anybody have plans for a gretch 6120

Re: gretch plans

: does anybody have plans for a gretch 6120

Good luck man. I tried to find something and got no where. You'll find that info. on arch tops hard to
come by in any event. A book that will help is Bob Benedetto's, but it's not the same animal.

I made my own version of a 6120 style, and I'm considering writing a book on how to build my version.
If I can't get it published, then perhaps I'll make some "formal" blueprints and offer them for sale.

Later,
Bill

http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/

Kay Flat top ID

I have grandfather's guitar- Kay model K-6103-Sunburst-Double pickguards-Blocked inlay starts at 3rd fret-Adjustable metal bridge-Circle"K" on head
Any info will be greatly appreciated

Re: Kay Flat top ID

The circle K logo would indicate 60's production.

guitar acords for sheryl crow and lonestar

guitar acords for sheryl crow and lonestar

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar acords for sheryl crow and lonestar

Marshall AVT

Anyone rate them ?

Re: Marshall AVT

I was going to buy a Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55 when I plugged into a Valvestate2000 AVT 100 and nearly wet myself it was that good. I bought it straight away.

I agree, the vs2000 avt sounds great!!!

: I was going to buy a Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55 when I plugged into a Valvestate2000 AVT 100 and nearly wet myself it was that good. I bought it straight away.

I purchased the AVT150 VS2000 and it is pretty (Cartman)sweet.

marlin guitars?

marlin guitars?

This popular thread has been given its own page : marlin guitars?

vertical humbuckers with a sweet sound?

Anyone knows of a real nice sounding vertical (single coil format) humbucker? I've tried Di Marzio Virtual Vintage, Blues and 54 and found them harsh and lifeless, Seymour Duncan Little 59 dull,
Vintage Rails not too bad but a little sterile, Cool Rails middly, Hot Rails not clean enough, Bill Lawrence BL-250 no expressive enough.
I like Fender 54's, but don't like the noise (and their noiseless pick-ups neither)

AMP repair

I own a BX100 bass amp. A few days ago I was at band practice with my friends and my amp was making weird sounds (kinda liek when yer guitar cable is loose) I didn't think anything of it so i kept playing. Finally tyhe amp gacve in and it didnt make any sound. i checked the fuse and it was fine. Is there two fuses? What shall I do i ahve a show ina few weeks and i need to fix it soon! Someone please help me! Email me with help cause i doubt i'll ever come back to this site again.

Cadd9

HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

Re: Cadd9

: HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

I think, it means C 9 (with added 9). But you needn't allways play the stated accords, e.g. yould could try C-E (kvinta with 2 fingers)and with 3. finger try D (c-d-e-f-g-a-h-c-d = 1-2,....,9)

Stefan

Um.. still confused!!!!!

C(add9): most common voicings (I think at least):

string(low-high) - fret:

E - x or x or x
A - 3 7 x
D - 2 x 10
G - open 7 12
B - 3 8 13
E - open 8 10

Or barred at the 3rd fret:

E - x
A - 3
D - 5
G - 5
B - 3
E - 3

: : HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

: I think, it means C 9 (with added 9). But you needn't allways play the stated accords, e.g. yould could try C-E (kvinta with 2 fingers)and with 3. finger try D (c-d-e-f-g-a-h-c-d = 1-2,....,9)

: Stefan

I'll try again Re: Cadd9

Didn't display like I typed it, the first part show 3 voicings.. I'll try again!!!!

: C(add9): most common voicings (I think at least):

: string(low-high) - fret:

: E - x........or..x....or..x
: A - 3............7....... x
: D - 2............x.......10
: G - open.........7.......12
: B - 3............8.......13
: E - open.........8.......10

: Or barred at the 3rd fret:

: E - x
: A - 3
: D - 5
: G - 5
: B - 3
: E - 3

:
: : : HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

: : I think, it means C 9 (with added 9). But you needn't allways play the stated accords, e.g. yould could try C-E (kvinta with 2 fingers)and with 3. finger try D (c-d-e-f-g-a-h-c-d = 1-2,....,9)

: : Stefan

Re: I'll try again Re: Cadd9

OMG U are the greatest! U are like my "Hero of the Day!!" I understand now! Thank U so much! By the way.. U have like the absolute most coolest name ever!

Re: I'll try again Re: Cadd9

Glad you got it.. and I thought of the name all by my self!!!

: OMG U are the greatest! U are like my "Hero of the Day!!" I understand now! Thank U so much! By the way.. U have like the absolute most coolest name ever!

: Hello: I can`t play Cadd9, D/F#, G/B notes, please send all the new notes to ymy mai.

Hello: I can`t play Cadd9, D/F#, G/B notes, please could you send all these notes to my email.

http://www.emviet.com/pvh/tapguitar/chordframe/Cadd9.shtml

hey i found a site with a picture on how to play the cord:
http://www.guitarz.com/chords2.html
hope that helps
: HELP! I have no idea how to play the note Cadd9.. if U know how to play it.. Please let me know! Thanks so much!

The most beautiful guitar in the World?

I keep forgetting to mention this in my column for the GNW. Check out the new guitar that a neighbour of mine MADE me! http://Lorange.Kirk.net/index_kirk_pic2.html

Cheers,

Kirk

Re: The most beautiful guitar in the World?

Can you use html here? let me try...

<a href="http://Lorange.Kirk.net/index_kirk_pic2.html"> Check out my guitar</a>

Kirk

Re: The most beautiful guitar in the World?

Looks nice... specs and all

: Can you use html here? let me try...

: <a href="http://Lorange.Kirk.net/index_kirk_pic2.html"> Check out my guitar</a>

: Kirk

Wanted Starcaster

Hey!Does anyone know where I could find a Starcaster in good playing condition and for a reasonable price.
Please mail me!

Re: Wanted Starcaster

ebay... look around there

: Hey!Does anyone know where I could find a Starcaster in good playing condition and for a reasonable price.
: Please mail me!

Strats and p90s and Rd artists

Does anyone else think fender should make a strat with a gibson scale length and 3 p90s .Also Epiphone should make an rd artist at a affordable price for us financialy challenged students.

Re: Strats and p90s and Rd artists

Nope

: Does anyone else think fender should make a strat with a gibson scale length and 3 p90s .Also Epiphone should make an rd artist at a affordable price for us financialy challenged students.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Anyone played or own a Les Paul Standard?

Re: Epiphone Les Paul Standard

: Anyone played or own a Les Paul Standard?

i do why you have a question feel free to email me

Ibanez GRX-40 and Learning Country Music

I purchased my Ibanez GRX40 Around Christmas this last year, But really didnt know what kind of music I wanted to play. Im now posotive I want to learn Country Music, but how is the GRX40 for learning this style ??

Re: Ibanez GRX-40 and Learning Country Music

: I purchased my Ibanez GRX40 Around Christmas this last year, But really didnt know what kind of music I wanted to play. Im now posotive I want to learn Country Music, but how is the GRX40 for learning this style ??........the GRX40 is an excellent guitar for the money and is great for any style of music.

sell it, buy a acustic

sell it, buy a acustic

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.