Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

whami bar inventor

who invented the whami bar?

Re: whami bar inventor

I am not sure who made that wonderfull thing.

Check out my site www.gho.cjb.net

GUITAR STUFF AND LINKS!!!! PLEZZZZ TAKE A LOOK

Hey guys gals......my name is mike and just opend a site with a message board check it out plezzzz!!!

www.gho.cjb.net

thanks!

Should I Buy a Tom Delonge Strat??!?!?!

Hey, does anyone know, anything about the tom delonge model strat, im looking for a new guitar to play live and am a fan of blink as well. if any knows any pros or cons of this axe thatd be cool. MULLEN!!!

tom delonge strat

pros: * good humbucker (invader)
* cheap

contras:* very bad sounding wood.
* bad electronics (easy and cheap replacing).

hope be helpful!! bye!!

Re: tom delonge strat

Here's a tip. Don't buy a guitar just because your a fan of the guy who's name is on it. Buy a guitar because it feels good, sounds good, and fits your budget.

Jeff Healey is blind so he doesn't care who's name is on a guitar it or what it looks like. He goes to the store, try's them out, and buys whatever feels good. He doesn't even plug them in. Then he sends them to his guy who guts out the electronics and replaces it with what he Jeff Healey likes.

Take it form the blind Master, if it feels good you'll enjoy it better and play better. I went to the store to buy a Les Paul, came home with an SG. Reason? It felt so damn nice to play.

:
: pros: * good humbucker (invader)
: * cheap

: contras:* very bad sounding wood.
: * bad electronics (easy and cheap replacing).

: hope be helpful!! bye!!

Re: tom delonge strat

:
hkghkhg

hell yeah

Hey heres a tip i'll buy the damn guitare if i want faggot!!!

BLINKS GAY

i hate blink 182 they are dumb shits

YOUR A FAGGOT

POP POP HELLO IF YOU READING THIS YOUR A HOMO FAGGOT

Tom Delonge Strat

i'm thinking of getting this strat 2, cos i think they rule. awsome sound and cool colours.

They suck like shit dont get one of those!!!!!!!!!!!

IT sucks cock, dont get that shitty guitar, Blink 182 sucks dick !!!!!!!!!! Who ever said that can go to hell

They suck like shit dont get one of those!!!!!!!!!!!

IT sucks cock, dont get that shitty guitar, Blink 182 sucks dick !!!!!!!!!! Who ever said that can go to hell

Re: They suck like shit dont get one of those!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck you you little dick sucking taco boy

Their AWSOME!

This is pesonally the best guitar I've ever used. Buy it. Also go to www.guitartabs.cc and go to a band called 11:23. Awsome band. Tom D. was actially the one who told me to check it out!

Re: They suck like shit dont get one of those!!!!!!!!!!!

I love man cock, it tastes like watermelon, i like men

Re: Should I Buy a Tom Delonge Strat??!?!?!

fuck you julio hernandineedfuckeduptheass
if blink are shit why the fuck do they have millions of fans all over the world
watch what you say next time
dickhead !!!!!!!!!!

hell no

if your gonna spend money to buy one of toms strat's then don't waste it on that shit. just send a strat to the shop and have it built like his.
cuz those fukin suck
they sound like fukin ass pooh too

Re: Tokai guitar

I am looking for a fender telecaster thinline made by tokai. Could you direct me on that. Thank you Ron
Have a nice day

Re: Should you buy a Tom DeLonge strat???

hell yeh u shud buy tht guitar!! especially if ur a rythmn guitarist. i played 1 in a shop the other day and it had the sweetist growl i've heard yet. and it'll wail when u bend and pinch harmonics sound awesum
i wathced the shop owner as he dialled sum chorus in2 the amp and it sound sweet as a nut. i highly reccommend it.
now, how can i get 700 quid?

: Hey, does anyone know, anything about the tom delonge model strat, im looking for a new guitar to play live and am a fan of blink as well. if any knows any pros or cons of this axe thatd be cool. MULLEN!!!

I would recomend you buy the squier as the body quality from the fender to squier isnt all that different the invest in the Seymour Duncan Invader Pickup and put that in, then you get the same sound for a lot less money, the get saving up for the mesa boogie amp he uses :-P or u cud not buy any guitar yet and save For his new Gibson ES-333 sig. model which is the sexiest thing on the planet

a defintie pro, would b its great sound. it has excellent bite. a con would b the tuners? i guess, i mean just like any other guitar that doesn't have locking tremolo it falls out of tune. other wise there isn't anything else i dislike. i have this guitar, and u should really consider getting it.

Nils Lofgren Guitar Strap

Does anyone know who makes the eigth note guitar strap that nils lofgren and some other players use! I was wondering cause i cant find it anywhere!

flying V pick ups

He i am trying to get my hands on a set of Dirty Fingers exposed coils humbucking pickups + potmeters etc. etc. for my 1981 Flying V. I am trying to get it back to its original state ( as far as possible) does any one know where i might be able to get lucky?

Re: flying V pick ups

Check out: http://www.kozaxs.com/pages/gibson.html they have some '79's for $125 which I think is kind of high but they are pretty cool so call em and they will 'deal' with you.... good luck.

: He i am trying to get my hands on a set of Dirty Fingers exposed coils humbucking pickups + potmeters etc. etc. for my 1981 Flying V. I am trying to get it back to its original state ( as far as possible) does any one know where i might be able to get lucky?

Re: flying V pick ups

hey thnx ... it is a lot of money but at least i have found a couple :)

Is this a serious "guitar website"?

Ok, this is a really good site.
But can you, all visitors, imagine there exist a
website about guitar but without Johnny Winter.
To me it's impossible! It sound like a "crime", not a serious one.

starting out

what's a good acustic guitar to start out on? something not cheap but not the best

Restringing Lefty ES 335 for Right hand player....

What items should be modified? Bridge(of Course?) Nut(maybe)....any information is helpful. Or should I just waist 5 bucks and see whether anything needs changing or not?

Re: Restringing Lefty ES 335 for Right hand player....

you gotta change around the nut and bridge around, and for a few bucks put a righty pickguard on... I think the biggest problem will be the knobs in the way, and it ain't an easy job to move them yourself, they are great guitars though, so have fun !!!!

: What items should be modified? Bridge(of Course?) Nut(maybe)....any information is helpful. Or should I just waist 5 bucks and see whether anything needs changing or not?

Gibson Serials

Gibson Serials

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson Serials

'39 Gibson L-10?

I'm going to look at a guitar tomorrow. The guy says it's a '39 L-10. He said (on the phone) that it's a 17" body, with pearl script logo, but he said it had white binding, no the checkerboard pattern normally associated with an L-10. I asked him to describe the inlays, and he said they were diamonds, but that they started at the 3rd fret. It's very possible it's not an L-10; could be an L-7 because of the binding, but that still doesn't explain the inlay starting at the 3rd fret. The guy wants $800 or best offer, so it'll be coming home with me regardless, but it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what model it really is. Any ideas?

5150combo

Howe do I get the Ed Van Halen brown sound and/or what effects are needed. I use a charval/jackson with a jackson humbucker.

Hetfields Explorer

i like to know where i would get a replica gibson explorer white theat hetfield uses thx

marshal: jcm 900 4100, jcm900 2100 slx or jcm 800, or dsl 2000???

which one, i want a metal tone (ie. iron maiden/metallica)

Hello!!

Hi,

I have some questions...
Can I buy some products of this store from Brazil?
I´m interesting in Marshal JCM900 or JCM800 with a good speaker. Do you have in stock those products?
Could you send this to my country if I buy it?
How can I pay? Do you acept payment with card visa internacional?
Thanks for your atencion,

Diana

Maya Guitars

Maya Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Maya Guitars

1st string produces weaker sound than others

Dear all,
My 1st string (high E) produces weaker sound than other strings. Is it because of the weaken quality of the 1st string (although they came from the same string set) or is it a pickup problem? Any advice on the cause and solution will be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: 1st string produces weaker sound than others

Usually that is caused by the pickup. There is nothing wrong with the pickup, it just needs to be adjsuted. Some pickups have individual poles for each string that can be adjusted up and down to adjust the sensitivity or loudness. Or you can move the pickup itself up and down from either side. Just take a screwdriver and either adjust the poles (if capable on your pickups) or move the pickup itself closer to the strings on the high E side.

: Dear all,
: My 1st string (high E) produces weaker sound than other strings. Is it because of the weaken quality of the 1st string (although they came from the same string set) or is it a pickup problem? Any advice on the cause and solution will be appreciated.
: Thanks

Re: 1st string produces weaker sound than others

My advice is to use up the strings that came with the guitar, then get strings that are really good quality. (Like D'Arrdio strings.) I personally prefer medium heavy gauges because they have a good sound and last a long time. If the 1st string produces a weak sound even when the amplifier is turned off, it may be a problem with the bridge, or the neck may have been disfigured. (For example...don't rest the neck of your guitar against a wall/hard surface.) Take it to a guitar place and get that checked. Watch out what strings you buy, though...the strings I tried before D'Arrdio broke almsot prior to when I got them. I found that the strings that came with my guitar were far better...as a matter of fact, the strings the came with my Turser (red strat) were very good.

Fender C G 5

Has anyone any info on this guitar? GS5 Ser#9703001268 anything will help. It looks and sounds great. It was from a friend that died and left it to me.
Thanks,Sonny

Gibson Songbird Pickup?

Does anyone know what brand of pickup is fitted to the songbird acoustic?

Does it need a pre-amp or EQ?

My tremolo's stuck!

i bought a Sunn Fender Mustang a couple of days ago, its my first guitar with a tremolo and the damn things got stuck

it will not move either way, do i just need to stick some oil there or is it something else?

Re: My tremolo's stuck!

: i bought a Sunn Fender Mustang a couple of days ago, its my first guitar with a tremolo and the damn things got stuck

: it will not move either way, do i just need to stick some oil there or is it something else?

It's something else. DON'T put any oil in there just yet. That could really become a problem! Take the plate off of the back of your guitar & see what's holding it up.

Online Guitar & Bass Instruction

Hi! I invite you to take a look at my site www.live1on1guitarlessons.com I have been teaching Guitar and Bass for 19 years. My site has archived songs and lessons full of theory, and technique. The lessons are shown in Standard Notation, Chord Diagrams, and Tablature with the Rythmic Values included.

The 3 areas of the site are:
1. Lesson Line: Live Video Conferencing Lessons.
2. Lesson Mail: Customized E-Mail Lessons.
3. Song Lab: Free Downloads and Pay Archive. The current Free Downloads are: "Dr. Evil Rap" from Austin Powers-Bass, Fingerstyle Bass Basics-Bass, Practice Routine-Bass, Practice Routine-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Bass, Power Rangers Theme-Guitar, "Time To Break Up" Blink182-Guitar, "Mississippi" Train-Guitar.

All lessons are full of cool examples to advance your playing. And the final bonus is the QuickTime Movie file to show each example in the lesson.
Thanks for your time! jeff@live1on1guitarlessons.com

Re: Online Guitar & Bass Instruction

:
: Hi! I invite you to take a look at my site www.live1on1guitarlessons.com I have been teaching Guitar and Bass for 19 years. My site has archived songs and lessons full of theory, and technique. The lessons are shown in Standard Notation, Chord Diagrams, and Tablature with the Rythmic Values included.

: The 3 areas of the site are:
: 1. Lesson Line: Live Video Conferencing Lessons.
: 2. Lesson Mail: Customized E-Mail Lessons.
: 3. Song Lab: Free Downloads and Pay Archive. The current Free Downloads are: "Dr. Evil Rap" from Austin Powers-Bass, Fingerstyle Bass Basics-Bass, Practice Routine-Bass, Practice Routine-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Guitar, Drop D Tuning-Bass, Power Rangers Theme-Guitar, "Time To Break Up" Blink182-Guitar, "Mississippi" Train-Guitar.

: All lessons are full of cool examples to advance your playing. And the final bonus is the QuickTime Movie file to show each example in the lesson.
: Thanks for your time! jeff@live1on1guitarlessons.com

vvvvvvv

please someone help me!

Ive got a carlsbro amp and i wanna get blink 182's sound, now i no that hardly anyone has this make of amp, but even if it isnt for that amp in particular just in general what settings roughly do i need to have i cant get it to sound anythin like and its pissin me off well bad, please halp if u can!!!

Jaguar, Fender

I just acquired a Fender Jaguar,,,,,,awesome! There is a rubber piece inserted between the rear pick up and the bridge,,,,,,,what is that doo-hicky and what is it for?

Please reply to "skidmarck@yahoo.com"

Thanks!

Re: Jaguar, Fender

It's a string mute. Not much practical use. The ones from the 60's mainly either got removed or rotted away.

: I just acquired a Fender Jaguar,,,,,,awesome! There is a rubber piece inserted between the rear pick up and the bridge,,,,,,,what is that doo-hicky and what is it for?

: Please reply to "skidmarck@yahoo.com"

: Thanks!

kay guitar

I had a standard size kay guitar model # KCL108 and I want another(it broke) does anyone know where I can find one? Do they have a website? Help

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.