Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

skylark guitars

skylark guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : skylark guitars

how do i keep floyd trem floating

i am confused. i changed my strings on my first floyd trem, now the thing is set back, and my strings are rubbin my pickups... well how the hell do i keep it "afloat" ???? help will be greatly appreciated

Re: how do i keep floyd trem floating

With the springs in the back. They may either need adjustment or you may need an additional sping.

Re: how do i keep floyd trem floating

The strings you put on must've been a different gage. You need to loosen the springs in the back and get the balance between the string pull and spring pull, so that the trem is level with the guitar body. It takes a little work 'cause you have to keep retuning. good luck.

elvis tab

whatever happened to the best elvis site at geocities.com/nashville/opry/5317 i can't find it again have i got the address wrong ? help please

Re: elvis tab

: whatever happened to the best elvis site at geocities.com/nashville/opry/5317 i can't find it again have i got the address wrong ? help please

http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/Opry/5317/elvissongs.html

This is the link for you.

Also check out Musicmoz.com for Elvis.

Julie

fender guitar

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A FENDER STRATOCASTER I SERIES . MADE IN USA ON BACK OF NECK. IT WAS MADE IN 89 OR 90 IN THE USA FOR JAPAN. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SERIES OR WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH

Is my guitar worth anything?

Is my guitar worth anything?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Is my guitar worth anything?

ccccrrrrraaaaapppppppp!!!

Please remove this post. love Bob

HELP !!! PN-GR1-01 and SR-GR1-01 expansion board for Roland

HELP !!!  PN-GR1-01 and SR-GR1-01 expansion board for Roland

This popular thread has been given its own page : HELP !!! PN-GR1-01 and SR-GR1-01 expansion board for Roland

Need a urgent tip about BOSS GT-5 effect

Hi all,
maybe someone can help me with the digital effect I search. I need very urgent the real sound from Tito & Tarantula song After dark, I cant find this guitar-effect with my BOSS GT-5. If you also use the GT5, maybe you can help me to programise the sound. I hope someone knows it!!!!!

Re: Need a urgent tip about BOSS GT-5 effect

dont bother, get a real amp and put that gt5 in the bin cos its crap!!!. love Bob

Re: Need a urgent tip about BOSS GT-5 effect

Tito & Tarantula. If I had ever even heard of them it might be helpfull. Dude just get your own sound. PATHETIC.

HEY GUYS & GOILS....check this out !!

HEY  GUYS & GOILS....check this out !!

This popular thread has been given its own page : HEY GUYS & GOILS....check this out !!

looking for a guitar

hi im looking for reccomendations for a begginner's guitar below 300 dollars. any help is appreciated thanks

Re: looking for a guitar

: hi im looking for reccomendations for a begginner's guitar below 300 dollars. any help is appreciated thanks

hey, dude. i recently bought a guitar that was a step up from begginer guitars, (actually a step
down from the real american model <A Jackson KE3>) so i know a bit about that type of thing
B.C Rich makes some killer begginer models, i almost got one, had i not played the Jackson,
theyre real weird lookin (you know, the 'metal' looking guitars) i dont know what you want to
play, but if metal's your bag i'd get a B.C Rich Bronze Series Mockingbird, if youre looking
for something more versatile, then perhaps an Epiphone Les Paul, or maybe an Epiphone
SG. (also if youre into metal, another good one would be the Epiphone Goth series
explorer or flying V) if youre a strat man, dont bother with squier, b/c you can get a really
nice mexican strat or jap strat (fender, not squier) for around $250.00 on sale.

those are all i can think of, so i hope it helps

M.O.B

Where can I buy a guitar in CHICAGO ?

Hi
I'm French, visiting Chicago this summer. I'd like to buy an accoustic guitar there. Where should I go ? In Paris, all the good stores are concentrated in the same neibourhood (a paradise !). What about Chicago ? Thanks

free band-in-a-box download

just found this place to get band-in-a-box files

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biabfsg

Re: free band-in-a-box download

i,m free muzick men.nadur work

Marshall 1553 bass cab wiring daigram

Looking for the wiring daigram for a marshall 1553 bass cab. Can anyone help? Mahalo
-tom

I need tom delonge's amp settings

I need tom delonge's amp settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : I need tom delonge's amp settings

peavey backstage plus

i was playing through this amp and then it just got real quiet. there is next to no volume and when i try and turn it up , it will squeal but not real loud.
i replaced the 2 filter capacitors in it and now i am out of ideas. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!! thanks

Re: peavey backstage plus

if it has an effects loop, try and put some switch cleaner in the return socket. I had an amp that went quiet and it was something to do with a bad contact in the effects return. good luck

Re: peavey backstage plus

That's weird b/c the *special* speaker in the pv backstage plus get's *L*O*U*D*! Especially for such a small 30W combo.

http://www.gitarissimo.nl

gretsch historic series guitars...what strings come on them stock??

i just bought one and iam wondering if anyone knows what kinda strings come on it from the factory??size brand?? they have a wound g string that i really like. any help??

washburn electric for sale cheep

Almost new Washburn B2 Maverick Teal Metallic played a dozen times. Bought it for a friend and he didn't come up with the money and never took possession. This baby includes a super padded gig bag, cable and extra set of strings. Take it off my hands for $150.

First one to email me and come across with the $ its yours! bro bob

open-minded Blues-esque players??

new forum just getting off the ground, aimed at blues orented young players and blues orented women.
check it out ya'll!
http://pub42.bravenet.com/forum/show.php?usernum=3584603709

Social Distortion - Story Of My Life

hey...My band is trying to learn 'story of my life'
by social distortion and we have the bass tabs,
but every time i look for the guitar, i just
get what chords to play, and
i know they do more than just strum chords
I want to know the EXACT things they play.

So if ANYONE has THE TABS, NOT THE CHORDS
BUT THE TABS, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TABS, DON'T BOTHER
TO REPLY (sorry for the caps, but i just want to
make it affirmitave
that i dont want the list of chords) so PLEEEEEEEZ
e-mail me if you do have the tab,
i'm in desperate need for it.

thank you (again sorry if the caps seemed rude)

M.O.B (strat2kr@netscape.net)

<P.S, also i know this sounds dumb, but im also trying
to start a prog/oldschool/black - type metal band, and
we really need a singer and/or a bassist. If you live
in the greater Portland area in Maine, and can sing and
play bass then please e-mail me!>

Re: Social Distortion - Story Of My Life

: hey...My band is trying to learn 'story of my life' CHORDS
: BUT THE TABS, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TABS, DON'T BOTHER
: TO REPLY (sorry for the caps, but i just want to
: make it affirmitave
: that i dont want the list of chords) so PLEEEEEEEZ
: e-mail me if you do have the tab,
: i'm in desperate need for it.

: thank you (again sorry if the caps seemed rude)

: M.O.B (strat2kr@netscape.net)

: <P.S, also i know this sounds dumb, but im also trying
: to start a prog/oldschool/black - type metal band, and
: we really need a singer and/or a bassist. If you live
: in the greater Portland area in Maine, and can sing and
: play bass then please e-mail me!>

wait a minute...

sorry, but i forgot one more thing...Im also trying to
learn ' A Dangerous Meeting ' by Mercyful Fate, and i
have the rhythm, but no tab sites seem to have a tab
for the solo, if any of you have a tab for the solo
or the whole song with the solo tabbed, please email
me @ strat2kr@netscape.net

thanks again, guys

M.O.B

12 yr old 2nd hand ovation pinnacle electro/acoustic

how much is 1 worth

twelve string

Where can i find a list of twelve string guitars for sale? I love the sound and want to experiment with the whole idea of more strings. Can anybody help???

Re: twelve string

: Where can i find a list of twelve string guitars for sale? I love the sound and want to experiment with the whole idea of more strings. Can anybody help???

Try E-bay

manual for a zoom 9030

manual for a zoom 9030

This popular thread has been given its own page : manual for a zoom 9030

history of guitar

who invented the electric guitar?

Re: history of guitar

: who invented the electric guitar?

Most people seem to think it was Les Paul. The common story is that he devised it in the 1940's when he was working in his studio with his wife, Mary Ford, recording stuff like "In the Good Ole Summertime" etc.

I'm not sure I beleive this. However, Les Paul did develop the art of the magnetic tape overdub, and later multitracking techniques which were used in Analog Recording studios (until their demise).

Check into some older maufacturers catalogues from the 1930's and 1940's, you might find a better answer there. (Gibson, for one)

: : who invented the electric guitar?

: Most people seem to think it was Les Paul. The common story is that he devised it in the 1940's when he was working in his studio with his wife, Mary Ford, recording stuff like "In the Good Ole Summertime" etc.

: I'm not sure I beleive this. However, Les Paul did develop the art of the magnetic tape overdub, and later multitracking techniques which were used in Analog Recording studios (until their demise).

: Check into some older maufacturers catalogues from the 1930's and 1940's, you might find a better answer there. (Gibson, for one)

OK, I'm back. Did you miss me? I did a little search of my own, so here's a quote from the Rickenbacker gallery:

"The world's first electric guitar was created in 1928 by George Beauchamp with the help of craftsman Harry Watson. Business partner Adolph Rickenbacker liked to call Beauchamp's invention the "pancake," but it was eventually the "frying pan" nickname that held fast."

So, there you have it.

who made the first acoustic guitar?

why was the guitar invented
how was it invented
what parts does it have

: who invented the acoustic guitar guitar?

Lenny Breau CD

Hi

I'm looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Many thanks,

Ian

Re: Lenny Breau CD

Hi,
I have a copy, unfortunately, I don't want to give it up. You might want to check with the folks who released the CD. My copy was released in 1994 by BMG Music, Manufactured by RCA Special Products, a label of BMG Direct. Also check One Way Records, 1 Prospect Avenue, Albany, NY 12206-0429. I'll keep my eyes open for any copies.
Don

: Hi

: I'm looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one?

: Many thanks,

: Ian

Every now and then... amidst a dirth of e-mails requesting tab for the newest Blink-51 and Sum-182 songs... someone mentions music which I love.

It restores my faith in the human species.

It's good to find out that not everyone is falling prey to the "bedroom-eyed" charms of that hot little blonde girl.

: Hi,
: I have a copy, unfortunately, I don't want to give it up. You might want to check with the folks who released the CD. My copy was released in 1994 by BMG Music, Manufactured by RCA Special Products, a label of BMG Direct. Also check One Way Records, 1 Prospect Avenue, Albany, NY 12206-0429. I'll keep my eyes open for any copies.
: Don

: : Hi

: : I'm looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one?

: : Many thanks,

: : Ian

I've also been looking for this CD...I once found it at www.avalonguitar.com a while back and I regret not jumping on it when I saw it. Now it says it's unavailable from the supplier...=(

: Hi

: I'm looking for a copy of The velvet touch of Lenny Breau on CD. Does anyone know where I can find one?

: Many thanks,

: Ian

CONNECTING A BOSS GT6 TO A PC

CONNECTING A BOSS GT6 TO A PC

This popular thread has been given its own page : CONNECTING A BOSS GT6 TO A PC

look at this picutre- what is the guitarist holding in his right hand???

link to the picture:
http://m.ep.walla.co.il/briefcase/0003/d/a/r/i/a/c/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/@/r/200204242300088016/200207191505511257/guitarrrrr.gif

Re: look at this picutre- what is the guitarist holding in his right hand???

It's called an E-Bow(electronic bow) and its used to create violin like swells. There is one used in the intro to "we can be heroes" by david bowie. It works on a magnetic principle.

TUTORIALS ON HOW TO USE THE PLECTRON

Hai,

I have been playing the guitar for about 6 years now. I have however been using only my fingers. I am therefore not skilled at using the playing device (plectron?). Could anyone help me with tutorials on the effective ways of using the plectron?

Thanks a lot.

Henry.

Re: TUTORIALS ON HOW TO USE THE PLECTRON

I saw a "PLECTRON" on star trek once. Love Bob

PLECTRUM

DUH!!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.