Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Norman guitars

They're all Canadian made Guitars, I have a Norman B20(6) myself and my god that's a beautiful sounding guitar.

You can find info about them here:
http://www.normanguitars.com/intro.htm

Lyle Acoustic Guitar

Lyle Acoustic Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Lyle Acoustic Guitar

looking for info on essex basses

I saw a good deal online for a nice looking bass made by a company called Essex. I can only find one place that sells them and thats on the other side of the country. I'm tempted to buy one but I've never heard of them before. The reviews are good, but who knows. Anyone got the scoop on Essex basses?

Re: looking for info on essex basses

Go to www.RONDOMUSIC.com that is the company that makes them.

6/12 string plans

I am intending to build a 6/12 double necked electric. I need some idea about how to wire the thing and some idea of the dimensions. Anybody know of the availability of some plans?

Thanks WAL (England)

Re: 6/12 string plans

: I am intending to build a 6/12 double necked electric. I need some idea about how to wire the thing and some idea of the dimensions. Anybody know of the availability of some plans?

: Thanks WAL (England)

I have Invented a guitar that ejects its pickups and have study wiring confugirations. that pickups are you planing to uses?

A Little Info, Please?

Hiyas! I was just curious. Does anyone know of the guitar brand "Castilla"? I have this acoustic guitar, y'see, and I've been searching a lot and haven't seen anything on Castilla. I just wanted to know if anyone else here knew of Castilla . . .and whether or not it's a good brand? I think it is, but I don't really know . . .

Re: A Little Info, Please?

Hello-o-o-o . . .

string rattle

please help me ,im at my wits end trying to get rid of this annoying ass string rattle!

FINALLY, an easy question

Go to the shed, get your favorite sledgehammer and hit the guitar repeatedly about the neck and body, being sure not to miss the pickups.

Re: string rattle

: please help me ,im at my wits end trying to get rid of this annoying ass string rattle!

Try raising the strings either at the bridge or the nut, or both. This should correct the problem...

Blues Forum/Harmonica Forum

I hope this is appropriate! I can't understand why not. I just noticed your site and like it a lot...

I launched The Blues Forum and The Blues Harmonica Forum on the site last week. New software was uploaded, tested and is now beyond the beta stage. It was very successful! Both forums were created to serve as a communication database much like this list. If you are interested please visit http://thebluessite.com/forum. I put a lot of hard work into all this and we already have several reregistered members. Interesting threads are now posted and the Forum even supports its own messenger service to talk live with the other users that are logged-in. The site is searchable and everything. This installed top-notch software is another way The Blues Site has found for you to help us support the blues. Please visit it today, it's completely free and we do NOT have advertisements....

http://thebluessite.com/forum

Bending on the harmonica

I'm following a harmonica lesson on a video I bought and now i'm stuck on the bending part. I've searched the internet for some tips but I could find any thing. the instructions the video gave didn't work when i tried it. I tried tilting the harmonica, they say you can bend like that too, but nothing worked. DOES ANYONE HAS A GOOD TIP OR SOME INTRUCTIONS FOR ME SO I CAN LEARN HOW TO BEND ON THE HARMONICA? OR DOES SOMEONE KNOW A GOOD WEBSITE WHERE THEY EXPLAIN HOW TO BEND? I hope someone can help me!

Re: Bending on the harmonica

This worked very well for me...

while drawing in on the forth whole slowly say o-y-u (Oh Why You) Due to the formations your tongue and mouth make in saying that you WILL bend the note. (Mabe just barely at first) once you hear the bend just slow down at that sopt and learn the feel.

: I'm following a harmonica lesson on a video I bought and now i'm stuck on the bending part. I've searched the internet for some tips but I could find any thing. the instructions the video gave didn't work when i tried it. I tried tilting the harmonica, they say you can bend like that too, but nothing worked. DOES ANYONE HAS A GOOD TIP OR SOME INTRUCTIONS FOR ME SO I CAN LEARN HOW TO BEND ON THE HARMONICA? OR DOES SOMEONE KNOW A GOOD WEBSITE WHERE THEY EXPLAIN HOW TO BEND? I hope someone can help me!

Re: Bending on the harmonica

Check out <a href="http://www.harmonicaclub.com/common/note_bending_for_harmonica.htm">Note
Bending for Harmonica</a>

Re: Blues Forum/Harmonica Forum

: : I've been asked to play that short harmonica part in the beginning "What Would You Say" by Dave Matthews Band, but I can't figure out what harmonica key it is in. Any one know? Please I need some help.

: : Thanks

Re: Blues Forum/Harmonica Forum

I am considering buying a boutique amp. I have looked at the Kendricks Texas Crude and the new Sonny Jr. 4-10. My goal is to get a decent tone but most important to control that damned feedback. Can anyone compare these two amps in reguard to their ability to limit feedback. Thanks

: I hope this is appropriate! I can't understand why not. I just noticed your site and like it a lot...

: I launched The Blues Forum and The Blues Harmonica Forum on the site last week. New software was uploaded, tested and is now beyond the beta stage. It was very successful! Both forums were created to serve as a communication database much like this list. If you are interested please visit http://thebluessite.com/forum. I put a lot of hard work into all this and we already have several reregistered members. Interesting threads are now posted and the Forum even supports its own messenger service to talk live with the other users that are logged-in. The site is searchable and everything. This installed top-notch software is another way The Blues Site has found for you to help us support the blues. Please visit it today, it's completely free and we do NOT have advertisements....

: http://thebluessite.com/forum

Bajo Sexto Info

: i'm looking for anything related to bajo sexto music. not whith the instrument, but music. i mean tabs, sheet music, methods, ...

Re: Bajo Sexto Info

: : i'm looking for anything related to bajo sexto music. not whith the instrument, but music. i mean tabs, sheet music, methods, ...
i prefer intocable's tabs

left handed bajo sexto

I can't seem to find a left handed bajo sexto guitar anywhere? Can anyone help?

YOU ARE ALL SCUM

Love Bob xxxxxx

Just like your Filthy Pig Dog Mother

love shakey XOXOXOXO

Re: Just like your Filthy Pig Dog Mother

don't you mean your mother, and your girlfriend, oops, same woman. love Bob. ps. you are crap!!!

Mother, Daughter,Grandmother,Mother in Law etc.etc.

I stand corrected sir...all the women in your pathetic, putrid and mundane life. Love...Shakey

Re: YOU ARE ALL SCUM

: Love Bob xxxxxx

Hug a root Bob... In other words, I have a nob you can get on!!!

THANKEEE

ME AN MY BATHTUB THANKEE KINDLY
SCRUBBING BUBBLES BE DAMNED !!!

: Love Bob xxxxxx

free hindi song

hello ,

please send me a hindi movie song from refugee.
song is "panchi nadiya pawan ke jhonke....."

Re: free hindi song

: hello ,

: please send me a hindi movie song from refugee.
: song is "mumbai sa aya mera dost

: song is "panchi nadiya pawan ke jhonke....."

: : hello ,

: : please send me a hindi movie song from refugee.
: : song is "mere humsafar mere humsafar....."

: : : hello ,

: : : please send me a hindi movie song from paap.
: : : all song...."

: please send me a hindi movies song from AMITABHA BACHCHAN only i am waiting here

: please send me a hindi movie song from murder

the song is kaho na kaho

free hindi song

: please send me a hindi movie song from veerzara.
: song is "main yahan hoon yahan hoon....."

Re: free s.p bala subramonium hindi song

: please send me all hindi movie song of s.p bala subramonium

: please send me a hindi movie song from halchal.
: song is "rafta rafta....."

: please send me a hindi movie song from samay.
: song is "laila laila....."

: please send me a hindi movie song from hulchal.
: song is "isqu me pyar....."

:hai jia roay song film milan 1st.........

Fender Startocaster 1964

I've got a fender strat serie no L40093.Where can i find some info on this guitar?What year was it made?

Re: Fender Startocaster 1964

it was made in '93 and is a mexicam squier

: I've got a fender strat serie no L40093.Where can i find some info on this guitar?What year was it made?

effects

please help!!!!!....hey guys i have a evil twin fender amp.Up front I have a boss super chorus{going to the fx loop}a wah,aboss ds-1 distortion and a boss tu-2 tuner{going to the front of the amp}And I get the most obnoxious hum and my band mates are ready to kill me.Is there anything I can do to fix this...please help.....THANKS

Re: effects

Up front I have a boss super chorus{going to the fx loop}

what does that mean?

you could get a noise gate in front of the amp, or a volume pedal in the FX loop

: Up front I have a boss super chorus{going to the fx loop}

:
: what does that mean?

: you could get a noise gate in front of the amp, or a volume pedal in the FX loop

Im sorry i mean the effect is up in front of the amp on the flore{pedel board}going to the fx loop and everything else is going to the front of the amp.every thing is noisey{all the effects}and cables are fairly new>I let a friend hook the pedal board up to his amp with his own cables and they were still noisey.....THANKS...

ok, well, turning the volume down on a volume pedal in the FX loop when you'Re not playing will eliminate all noise

Do you use ac adaptor or battery?

FINALE 2001

Hi!
I have written a song in Jazz Font Default.. But I can't write the chords which are in Jazz Character Map.. For Example.. I want to write E Ma7(b5).. I saw there that I should press Alt while typing 0224..but when I do it, I see "I" in a box.. I think that finale use "text font character sets".. But I want to use "chord font character sets".. How can I get it? Thank you! and sorry for my bad English.. I hope you understand me..

Re: FINALE 2001

download latest ronco mixmaster font and it will work fine

: Hi!
: I have written a song in Jazz Font Default.. But I can't write the chords which are in Jazz Character Map.. For Example.. I want to write E Ma7(b5).. I saw there that I should press Alt while typing 0224..but when I do it, I see "I" in a box.. I think that finale use "text font character sets".. But I want to use "chord font character sets".. How can I get it? Thank you! and sorry for my bad English.. I hope you understand me..

I NEED METALLICA PARTITURES

I need Metallica partitures, (I don´t need TABS), tell me qhere to find theme. Thank you.

I NEED METALLICA PARTITURES

I need Metallica partitures, (I don´t need TABS), tell me where to find theme. Thank you.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.