Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: HELP! HELP! I AM AN IDIOT!! AND I NEED HELP!!!

i guess that's an acoustic? some of them have to be attached at the headstock, some straps have one hole at one end, and laces at the other end to tie around the headstock

Re: HELP! HELP! I AM AN IDIOT!! AND I NEED HELP!!!

: i guess that's an acoustic? some of them have to be attached at the headstock, some straps have one hole at one end, and laces at the other end to tie around the headstock

The other solution is to buy another 'pin', like the one at the tail of the instrument. These are cheap (like $1.00 to $3.00) and the people at your music store/guitar repair shop can put it on for you.

gibson p-90 in strat

i jsut got a gibson p-90 that has one wire coming out of it. how do i wire it into a strat? is it possible? please help, i'm desparet here. thanks

Re: gibson p-90 in strat

Get a router or wood chisel and carve out a big ole hole in that strat, then stick that puppy in there, there is only one wire cuz p90's have so much tone if there were 2 wires you wouldn't be able to handle it so just solder it anywhere... preferably to ground, and volia you now have yerself a fat strat.

: i jsut got a gibson p-90 that has one wire coming out of it. how do i wire it into a strat? is it possible? please help, i'm desparet here. thanks

this is ridiculous The one wire is the hot wire, and the plate on the bottom of the pickup is the ground. I think you can figure it out from there. By the way if you want my real opinion it is in you best intrest to not put a crappy pickup into an even crappier guitar. But take it for what you will.

Daaaaaaa, obviously it wasn't a serious reply, guess I need to put a stick up my butt if I want to post here, probally why there isn't any content or real or even fun discussion here, just jerks that call people and their equipment crap but never provide any real info, so I will not bother anyone here, have fun making fun of people, looks like you have the board all to yourself.. enjoy!

: this is ridiculous The one wire is the hot wire, and the plate on the bottom of the pickup is the ground. I think you can figure it out from there. By the way if you want my real opinion it is in you best intrest to not put a crappy pickup into an even crappier guitar. But take it for what you will.

Put a P 90 in my new Samick first thing. Plugged into the old Fender Blues amp and it's pure heaven.

Guitar instruction Mike Caruso" Natural Approach to the Guitar. and Robt. conti's Guitar methods

Hi folks!

Anyone have any opinions on 2 guitar instruction methods:
1. Mike Caruso's Natural Approach to the Guitar
2. Robert Conti: Jazz Guitar method books and videos.
Thanks!
Doug

Re: Guitar instruction Mike Caruso" Natural Approach to the Guitar. and Robt. conti's Guitar methods

The robert conti is probably a better choise. At least he plays listenable music.

old instruments

I found 2 old instruments and was wondering if anybody know their value. weymann & sons keystone state 25, 4 string banjo with wood resonator and case from the 1930's i think (can't find serial #) and a national sunburst triolian serial # 526w. the banjo is in good condition the triolian is rough

Re: old instruments

Didn't anyone tell you this is a guitar discussion site. And, by the way people here help other guitarists. They do fence banjos.

silvertone guitar???

silvertone guitar???

This popular thread has been given its own page : silvertone guitar???

Two old ones...

Hi,
I've just put two old recordings of mine in mp3.com.
They are actually my first attempts in mixing and recording. I think it worths for the songs ... there are some mixing and recording problems ... but if you are curious and like guitars .... go to
http://mp3.com/Giovanni_Capitani
Enjoy it and send some feedback.
Thanks,
Giovanni

Old Tokai

I have this old Tokai I found in my attic. I guess its an AST - '62, being thats what it says on the side it also says somethng about vintage series on it. It looks exactly like an old fender... Can someone tell me something about this guitar please?

Re: Old Tokai

Very good copy guitars from Japan. Absolute keepers!

: I have this old Tokai I found in my attic. I guess its an AST - '62, being thats what it says on the side it also says somethng about vintage series on it. It looks exactly like an old fender... Can someone tell me something about this guitar please?

steve vai - alive in an ultra world tab?

does anyone know where i can find the tab to "alive in an ultra world" by steve vai from the album of the same title

Re: steve vai - alive in an ultra world tab?

Don't know here, but I think it's a good track, and it would probally take 1/2 a day (for me) to tab it out, and I'am not that ambitious. I just kept listening to it and plugging away cuz I think thats the only way you can really nail it.

: does anyone know where i can find the tab to "alive in an ultra world" by steve vai from the album of the same title

well, if it would indeed take a half day for you to tab it... why don't you do it and make the rest of the world happy. it's a great track and it's a shame it's not tabbed yet....

yeah, please tab it!!! its such a cool intro!

2nd hand Epiphone strat copy - any info ?

2nd hand Epiphone strat copy - any info ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : 2nd hand Epiphone strat copy - any info ?

early 60s Electro (cresting wave solidbody shape)

early 60s Electro (cresting wave solidbody shape)

This popular thread has been given its own page : early 60s Electro (cresting wave solidbody shape)

Fender serialnumbers

Hi there! Looking for a site were I can check my Fenders exact birthday. Mail me about this if ya know one.
Thanx

Re: Fender serialnumbers S 937911

: Hi there! Looking for a site were I can check my Fenders exact birthday. Mail me about this if ya know one.
: Thanx

how to evh's sound from the boss gt-6

i recently purchased the boss gt-6 and i want to get as close to eddie's sound as possible from the dave daze.if anybody can help me please e-mail me.

help please read

hi i have a old ovalten guitar model no.1111-4 and i would like to know how much its worth cause its in perfect condition if you know please send me an email at selenakarina@aol.com and on the subject put guitar so i know to open it - thanks

solos from acustic guitar

i need tablatures from black label society

The Guitar Pedal Archive [new update]

Hello,

Don't shoot the messager,
this is could high quality
information I'm giving you.

Another GPA update!!!
----------------------

The Guitar Pedal Archive (crazier than ever)
http://www.guitarpedalarchive.com/

Latest Headlines :

-Zvex's tube-amp pedal
-Pro Co's new DeuceTone RAT

Latest Pedal Info :

-The Fender Blender
-Zvex Fuzz Factory

----------------------

Don't worry, we're all gonna die eventually anyways,
-tim

Mercury's Fortune - Alternative music in Austin, TX
http://www.guitarpedalarchive.com/mercurysfortune/

Nine Volt Nirvana

Does anyone know much about Nine Volt Nirvana effects?

Re: Nine Volt Nirvana

: Does anyone know much about Nine Volt Nirvana effects?

i have a Skyripper Fuzz. very cool box, but not
for the faint at heart. takes a lot of tweaking on
a lot of knobs. can produce many whacked out sounds,
as well as the Rangemaster/Fuzz Face thing. I
use it in freakout mode mostly. the builder lives in
my town, he makes a few other more "accessible" pedals
all of which are cool.

-jas
Albuquerque

BrontoBoost

Where in New York City can I buy this pedal?

Re: Nine Volt Nirvana

: Does anyone know much about Nine Volt Nirvana effects?

nope

Giannini guitar

Hi! I own a Giannini AWN60 guitar made 1974, in very good condition. Iwould like to know what could be the value of this guitar. By he it soud is powerfull but mellow .
Thank you,
Alain

Re: Giannini guitar

I own a Giannini AWS570 purchased in 1974. I also wonder of the value, thought the guitar is of personal value beyond monetary worth!

Michael

: Hi! I own a Giannini AWN60 guitar made 1974, in very good condition. Iwould like to know what could be the value of this guitar. By he it soud is powerfull but mellow .
: Thank you,
: Alain

An unknown guitar with a small label

This guitar that i recieved is black with an airbrushed red finish. The only label on the guitar is "BEAM" in a triangle sticker. From my research I have found that BEAM is a way of painting the guitar and not a make. If you could give me any suggestions on how to find the make, please do.

Fender Strat '00 for sale on Ebay

This is a great guitar - burgundy polished finish. It was my first guitar and sounds great. Check it out the address below or click the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=899322322

DON'T MISS THIS COOOOO~OL SITE!

THIS COOL SITE IS FOR BAND-IN-A-BOX USER.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biabfsg

Acoustic pickup

Have a Simon&Patrick SP6 with a Seymour Duncan (Woody)pickup.The guitar has a nice sound until played through amp,would appreciate a bit of advice on DI leads with pre-amp built in,as the amps I use are usually borrowed,and sometimes no pre-amp available.

mute strings

Hi

I've (tried) played the guitar for a just 4 months now and I wonder how I can mute certain strings while playing chords???? E.G. How shall I play the following tab????

e ---------------------------------------------------
B ---------------------------------------------------
G ----------------7--7--7-0----------------5--5--5-0-
D ---8--8--8----7--7--7-0----5--5--5---5--5--5-0-----
A ---8--8--8----5--5--5-0----5--5--5---3--3--3-0-----
E ---6--6--6--------------------3--3--3--------------

(it's Nirvana - "Drain You"/Nevermind)

How do I use my fingers to mute the B and the e strings?? I hope someone out ther can help me....

Re: mute strings

You raise your finger slightly off the strings you want to mute. Your finger still has to touch the string but not hard enough to fret the notes.

you need not mute them in this situation. If you needed to there would be X's on the strings needing muting. Unless that is what those 0's are supposed to be. Anyway just play the strings indicated and none of the others.

i hate to sound like an arsehole but when you play powerchords you only strum the 3 strings the chord is played on practise this and you won't need to mute the other strings and it is alot easier

the right spk's for D/R to soundn more like S.R.V...1x12,2x12,1x15.?

hi,
I have an old 64 D/R, when i bought it, I could see there had been some mod's done to it, an extra transformer that sits down into the spk area of the D/R cabinet so the 12" spk being an 80watt has to be just off center of the cabinet.
I play a lot of S.R.V's music, at present with my old strat and ts 808 I getting not a bad sound, but it could be better the bottom end gets a bit muddy, (looses string clarity ), the mids and high's are ok, with the amp on about 3 1/2 to 4 the treble and bass set to a big clean sound, my ts 808 then is set on overdrive practually off, I find the tone control on the ts is really sensitive, too much one way and the sustain and strings clarity on mid and high sounds is great but the bass muddys a bit, back the other way and I loose sustain ( gain) but it dose clean the sound up. My question is....will a 15"spk help here, most shops( all I've been to and rang ) just don't carry 15" spk's for guitar in a cabinet so I'm not able to try one..bugger.
The shops tell me 2x12" green backs are what you need.. mmm don't know...???
What I'm after is a good clean sound with good string clarity and gain.( sustain )
Can anyone help in advise....?
email me...cheers..Lee

Re: the right spk's for D/R to soundn more like S.R.V...1x12,2x12,1x15.?

: hi,
: I have an old 64 D/R, when i bought it, I could see there had been some mod's done to it, an extra transformer that sits down into the spk area of the D/R cabinet so the 12" spk being an 80watt has to be just off center of the cabinet.
: I play a lot of S.R.V's music, at present with my old strat and ts 808 I getting not a bad sound, but it could be better the bottom end gets a bit muddy, (looses string clarity ), the mids and high's are ok, with the amp on about 3 1/2 to 4 the treble and bass set to a big clean sound, my ts 808 then is set on overdrive practually off, I find the tone control on the ts is really sensitive, too much one way and the sustain and strings clarity on mid and high sounds is great but the bass muddys a bit, back the other way and I loose sustain ( gain) but it dose clean the sound up. My question is....will a 15"spk help here, most shops( all I've been to and rang ) just don't carry 15" spk's for guitar in a cabinet so I'm not able to try one..bugger.
: The shops tell me 2x12" green backs are what you need.. mmm don't know...???
: What I'm after is a good clean sound with good string clarity and gain.( sustain )
: Can anyone help in advise....?
: email me...cheers..Lee

Re: the right spk's for D/R to soundn more like S.R.V...1x12,2x12,1x15.?

: : hi,
: : I have an old 64 D/R, when i bought it, I could see there had been some mod's done to it, an extra transformer that sits down into the spk area of the D/R cabinet so the 12" spk being an 80watt has to be just off center of the cabinet.
: : I play a lot of S.R.V's music, at present with my old strat and ts 808 I getting not a bad sound, but it could be better the bottom end gets a bit muddy, (looses string clarity ), the mids and high's are ok, with the amp on about 3 1/2 to 4 the treble and bass set to a big clean sound, my ts 808 then is set on overdrive practually off, I find the tone control on the ts is really sensitive, too much one way and the sustain and strings clarity on mid and high sounds is great but the bass muddys a bit, back the other way and I loose sustain ( gain) but it dose clean the sound up. My question is....will a 15"spk help here, most shops( all I've been to and rang ) just don't carry 15" spk's for guitar in a cabinet so I'm not able to try one..bugger.
: : The shops tell me 2x12" green backs are what you need.. mmm don't know...???
: : What I'm after is a good clean sound with good string clarity and gain.( sustain )
: : Can anyone help in advise....?
: : email me...cheers..Lee
Lee I play a lot of S.R.V. also. I find that using two amps ( combos) certainly helps. One clean, one dirty, the clean one is a touch louder than the other. The sustain you want comes from the dirty amp whilst the clean one keeps the integrity of the original notes or chords played. If you have one amp I have a little Fender Super two ten I turn the volume of the amp to full on the clean channel which is not very loud when I use my strat. I then wind up my distortion pedal to full, then set the effect level to a reasonable level. I then wind back the volume on the strat and get a reasonable clean sound. The eefct on the amp is that it overloads the pre-amp hence the amp goes into compression(in laymans little noises get bigger) there is the sustain you have been looking for. Hope that helps you out. Good luck, Kim

anastacia

if any one has the tab for overdue goodbye - Anastacia I need it for upcoming show it would be appreciated if you could send it to me. thanx

Pharaon

I'm looking for Sheet music of pharaon from GIPSY KING If anybody has it please EMAIL ME
thanks
pardisss@yahoo.com

ESP Phoenix (like Gibson FIREBIRD)

I need general info on this model. No one seems to know anything about these neck through guitars. Mine is black with gold hardware, ESP Floyd, 2 full size humbuckers, Jackson style headstock,binding on neck and headstock.When and where were they made? Is it rare? Any info would be appreciated.

SAMICK Les Paul Custom "The Samick"

SAMICK Les Paul Custom "The Samick"

This popular thread has been given its own page : SAMICK Les Paul Custom "The Samick"

kRAMER SAM1

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I NEED A SAM1 HAS ANYONE GOT ONE TO SELL I WILL PAY GOOD MONEY IM DESPARATE

98 gibson SG special for sale

double humbuckers, red with black guard, new condition w/ some belt buckle type marks on back. looks/plays great
$530 negotiable (retail 800-1100) New Jersey pickup
Email me

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.