Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2002

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guitar Show Penrith Cumbria UK

Who's coming to the Vintage and New Guitar Show up in Cumbria, UK, on Sunday 25th of August. It should be a great day.

Re: Guitar Show Penrith Cumbria UK

which town is it in, i live a 100 miles from cumbria

need good songs

some one have got good songs then plz mail me

Re: need good songs

Why do you want "good" songs ? if you try to get anywhere with a good song you'll go nowhere .
You need garbage songs, garbage as in "TRASH", that's the only kind of songs that will get you "there".
Show me a good song and I will show you frustrated songwriters. But show me garbage songs and I'll
show you Hip Hop and Metallica, and a thousand others garbage-producing "Acts".

: some one have got good songs then plz mail me

: Why do you want "good" songs ? if you try to get anywhere with a good song you'll go nowhere .
: You need garbage songs, garbage as in "TRASH", that's the only kind of songs that will get you "there".
: Show me a good song and I will show you frustrated songwriters. But show me garbage songs and I'll
: show you Hip Hop and Metallica, and a thousand others garbage-producing "Acts".

: : some one have got good songs then plz mail me

please good songs

Ibanex ICX120 wiring....

Well, I had my guitar looked at today, because the tone knob doesnt work, and he said the pick-ups had VERY low output, so he opened it up, and there was only 1 wire going to each pick-up and I guess there is supposed to be 2, 1 for the signal(there) and 1 for the power(missing).. so basically my pick-ups are microphones, not giveing me any distortion or a rich tone.. Just shit. So I need a wiring diagram or something to show me about the wireing to the pickups and input jack,, THANKS-Scott

LP Custom Finish

The finish on te neck of my '74 LP Custom won't hold a shine and seems doomed to be dull, and a little tacky to the touch. What's going on?
This guitar is maintained with great care (though I can't speak for its past), and I sure would like to help the old girl out of this predicament.

Re: LP Custom Finish

My 81 Flying V has the same thing going on. I have tried polish and lemon oil but nothing seems to work well for long term. I was thinking of getting the whole guitar painted by GMW Guitarworks. They did my Charvel and the finish is Superior to any Gibson finish I have ever seen. www.gmwguitars.com/

Boss me-8 patches??

Does anyone knows where to find a good source for this Multi effects?

Re: Boss me-8 patches??

: Does anyone knows where to find a good source for this Multi effects?

Re: Boss me-8 patches??

: qualquer um sabe onde encontrar multi uma fonte boa para este efeitos?

1974 Guild S-100

1974 Guild S-100

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1974 Guild S-100

EMG bass pups for sale

EMG-35J, EMG-35P4 bass pickups for sale
$70 each or $140 shipped
willing to negotiate

msoens@eden.rutgers.edu

was elvis a good guitarist?

was elvis a good guitarist?

This popular thread has been given its own page : was elvis a good guitarist?

Guild Polaris

I have a Guild Polaris solid body (with inbuilt stand),
about a 1964 model.Any idea of its value?

bothell rock city

dude, aida is the hottest guitarist i have ever had the privledge of seeing live. she can shred that shit up rude style like nobody's business.

Why does my amp make noise when my pedal is on?....

When I press my DS-1 Distortion Pedal there is a loud high pitch noise that comes out of the amp and no matter where I stand it just keeps on doing it. Am I overloading on volume? I have the guitar volume on 1 and the amp on like 7 and master on 6. Help mE!

Re: Why does my amp make noise when my pedal is on?....

mmmmm, I had the same problem once and on further inspaction I found a family of hampsters had set up house in my amp, as it turned out their little brains couldn't handle the distortion, so when it was turned on they started screaming and scurrying around inducing HVF interference, my solution involved lots of chicken wire and tiny ear plugs. The moral is if you play dirty you attract animals.

: When I press my DS-1 Distortion Pedal there is a loud high pitch noise that comes out of the amp and no matter where I stand it just keeps on doing it. Am I overloading on volume? I have the guitar volume on 1 and the amp on like 7 and master on 6. Help mE!

Hmmm.
Live playing-Your dist. pedal has it's own pre-amp.When playing live(loud)turn the dist. level to about 3 and turn down the volume of the dist. box.
Distortion IS volume!
Playing at home-Your amp levels are kinda high.Try turning down the amp and use the dist. pedal as your booster.

Ds-1 is not a good pedal. Plain and simple

Ds-1 is not a good pedal. Plain and simple

Turn the reverb off OK...Dont use your onbord rev with this switch...

buncha b.s.

I read in the paper about Total Guitar's top 100 guitar player's list. Only one female, Tracy Chapman, was nominated amoung 440 guitarists. HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF ANI DIFRANCO?!! good lord, you people make me sick.

Anne Who ???

I think Rory Block is hot though !!!

: I read in the paper about Total Guitar's top 100 guitar player's list. Only one female, Tracy Chapman, was nominated amoung 440 guitarists. HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF ANI DIFRANCO?!! good lord, you people make me sick.

Re: Anne Who ???

: : I read in the paper about Total Guitar's top 100 guitar player's list. Only one female, Tracy Chapman, was nominated amoung 440 guitarists. HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF ANI DIFRANCO?!! good lord, you people make me sick.

What about Jennifer Batten, Michael Jackson's old guitar player?, she totally kicked ass!!! I heard her play that "Beat It" solo note for note perfect, and since I'm on an 80s r&b kick, what about Lisa from the Revolution who used to play with Prince?, Ani is great though, I saw her live and she rocked!, it's a shame more great female musicians don't get more credit in general...but I guess they can't all look like Britney Spears

Re: buncha b.s.

How about Anne wilson. She is damn good. The intro to "crazy on you", it is some hard shit.

Fu#k Ani Difranco

Ani Difranco is not a top guitaist, she only got recondition cuz she was independent in making her own work and career..Thats it!!, She is alot like most of the female pop Stars now a days (branch,carlton, and that 17 year old bitch) Playing pop(guitar) and calling themselves guitarist.

The top guitar players is and always will be people like (Vai, Satriani, Hendrix, Guy, and Ray)

So know what your talkin about before you say shit!!!

Re: Fu#k??? Ani Difranco

: Ani Difranco is not a top guitaist, she only got recondition cuz she was independent in making her own work and career..Thats it!!, She is alot like most of the female pop Stars now a days (branch,carlton, and that 17 year old bitch) Playing pop(guitar) and calling themselves guitarist.

: The top guitar players is and always will be people like (Vai, Satriani, Hendrix, Guy, and Ray)

: So know what your talkin about before you say shit!!!

(Vai, Satriani, Hendrix, Guy, and Ray)~ Some of the top guiarists, agreed. However, remind yourself why for example, Hendrix is recognized as a top guitarist... Because he played for people a style in which they had never heard before. Ani DiFranco's style is unique to her time as well. Ani DiFranco may not be what you'd consider a "top guitarist," but don't compare her to Michelle Branch or Vanessa Carlton or any other 17-yer-old pop star.

Ani Difranco

i don't think Ani Difranco cares if shes a top guitarist or not
she just want to do her own thing so just drop you small piece of rectal feltch!

Re: Ani Difranco

:
: i don't think Ani Difranco cares if shes a top guitarist or not
: she just want to do her own thing so just drop you small piece of rectal feltch!

Rectal Feltch... good one :)

Anne Hesche doesn't play guitar, she plays the skin flute

I guess she sucks

information

I would like to request an information. Where can i get the Total Guitar's top 100 guitar player's list? I am looking to know the name of a guitar player i klistened just once . He was amaizing . Acustic, instrumental guitar player. He is like 45 50 years old. Blond, curly hair, blue eyes. I am sure he is very famous around america but not here in europe.
Thank you for your attention.
Please e-mail me if you know some of this. Thanks

Electric 12-string suggestions?

Hi guys. I'd love to own a 360-12 but finances dictate otherwise. Any suggestions on good electric 12-strings that are available? Thanks.

Re: Electric 12-string suggestions?

Don't laugh...

I was looking for a 12-string electric about a year ago. Being a lefty made it doubly difficult. I just couldn't justify spending $3500 or more having the RIC or Gibson custom shop build a guitar that I would wait 8 months to get, and then use for 1 or 2 songs a night. Besides, if I spent that kind of money, my wife would have removed various portions of my body while I slept :-).

Then I stumbled across RavenWest guitars (www.ravenwestguitar.com) on the internet. Yes, they're a Korean guitar. They're inexpensive, and unfortunately have chosen the brand name "Raven" (when I was starting out in the 70's, Raven guitars were terrible).

Reading the specs, mahogany body\maple top, maple neck, lifetime warranty, I figured I'd take a chance - after all, it was only a couple of hundred bucks, and even if all the hardware and pickups were horrible and needed to be replaced, I'd still be well ahead of the game.

After currency exchange (I'm in Canada), duty, taxes, brokerage fees etc., it ended up costing me $500 CAN (about $330 US).

What I got for that money was a guitar that is reasonably well put together (as good as any import), fit and finish is nice. It plays well, stays in tune, looks good, and sounds OK - not a like a 360-12 or EDS-1275, but decent, kind of a middle ground between the two. And once the band is playing, no one's really going to hear the difference anyway.

No, it's not a RIC or a Gibson, but for my needs, it's good enough.

Hope that helps.

hi, i was shopping aroung for an inexpensive electric 12. i ended up getting a used "kapa" electric 12 from ebay. it is a obsure brand made in the usa in the 60's. at first, i didn't care for it, but then, after i set it up to my liking, it became a really nice axe. i went to a music store and tryed a ric, to compare the feel of it. i actuall like the kapa better, the neck is more comfotable, and it has less buzz. the body of the ric is nicer, but the kapa body is actually pretty cool, sort of like a jaguar. if you see one, i would recommend it, just be prepared to do a set up. the 2 big things i did was change the angle of the neck, and lower the bridge, by routing round holes where the bride sits, maybe about 1/8 ". i also changed the tuners. the big plus of the kapa, from comparing it to other electric 12's is the shape of the neck. it is a little wider than a ric, but thinner, making it not as cramped as the pic, and yet, very nice and easy to play.

I got a new Danelectro DC-12 for about $300. It's pretty well made, the vintage vibe is cool, and those lipstick tube pickups sound great. Nice jangle for the money.

how much to pay for 2yr old Ovation celebrity ?

A friend of mine bought an Ovation CC026
celebrity acoustic guitar for $270 around 2 years
back. He moved out and left his guitar for me:))
I told him I would like to pay him for this guitar
instead of taking it for free. Now he says I
can decide on the price and pay him whatever
i think is okay.. How much do you think this
guitar is worth now ?
pls help me decide on the price. Thanks

Re: how much to pay for 2yr old Ovation celebrity ?

I would just pretend the guitar "disappeared" and keep it, but since it seems like you already let him know you have it I would base the price on how far away he moved, the further away, the less chance of him coming around to kick your butt for ripping him off, hence the less I would pay, I would start at $100 (a fair price for any used ovation) and deduct $1 for every mile in distance he is from you, and if the amount is negative then this is what he owes you.

: A friend of mine bought an Ovation CC026
: celebrity acoustic guitar for $270 around 2 years
: back. He moved out and left his guitar for me:))
: I told him I would like to pay him for this guitar
: instead of taking it for free. Now he says I
: can decide on the price and pay him whatever
: i think is okay.. How much do you think this
: guitar is worth now ?
: pls help me decide on the price. Thanks

Kahler Spyder tremolo

I am looking for a kahler Spyder tremolo unit in chrome.

jackhammer

does the jackhammer have a lot of distortion like the mt-2. I need a lot for an incubus kind of distortion.

Re: jackhammer

Hell yes, it rocks

Poke holes in your speakers

Pour beer in your amp head

blueprints

Does anybody know where to get or to buy blueprints on a Gibson Les Paul Custom?

Re: blueprints

I usually just put it on the copier, or scan it into AutoCad.

: Does anybody know where to get or to buy blueprints on a Gibson Les Paul Custom?

Re: blueprints

Stewmac.com has a late 50's Les Paul custom blueprint. It is full scale. You might know this buy now but just in case.

punk guitar

I've been playing in a punk band for a while, and cant figure out how to increase my speed. How can i build my speed while downpicking on muted power chords? any tips can help.

Re: punk guitar

I eat a lotta carbs, and drink alotta booze, both are effective.

: I've been playing in a punk band for a while, and cant figure out how to increase my speed. How can i build my speed while downpicking on muted power chords? any tips can help.

Masturbate constantly. Because if you play punk, you probably have no girlfriend. Punk guitar is crap.

i just wanna say i play punk pretty fuckin good it may sound like shit to some bloody yank like you but i fuck a lot of women if they are dirty i dont give a flyin fuck oi oi you fuckin little mommas boy

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.