Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

quitar tablature reader

quitar tablature reader

This popular thread has been given its own page : quitar tablature reader

Effects

Any thoughts on the Ashly DPX-100 for a rack mounted guitar eq/comp and tc electronics m-one for effects? Thanks. JLW

1976 montaya six string

dose anyone know the value of this ???

Re: 1976 montaya six string

: dose anyone know the value of this ???

hey - i have one also - let me know if you get any ideas. i bought mine new around 1976-78 and i think i paid about $100-120 then. nice smaller "ladies" size with a good clean sound for the price.

Ibanez Blazer Bass

Ibanez Blazer Bass

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez Blazer Bass

Gotoh Pickups

Just bought a Gotoh VH-10 pickup, does anybody know where I could find a wiring up diagram for it, or is there a Gotoh website? Cheers ;-)

Re: Gotoh Pickups

: Just bought a Gotoh VH-10 pickup, does anybody know where I could find a wiring up diagram for it, or is there a Gotoh website? Cheers ;-)

Its the same as a bloody seymour duncan wiring.

www.ny.airnet.ne.jp
but I haven:t find any wiring diagram.
Hej!

I've bought a Gotoh PF-343 G pickup. I would like to know how its timber sounds. The wiring I've already discovered: black and white together, green and bare are ground, and red will be hot.
Artur, from Porto Alegre, Brasil.

jackson seven string

for sale 7string

New electric guitar

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of buying an elecrtic guitar. For a somehting to do really, i havn't played before so am a begginer! Was looking here:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/ols-plst.d2w/report?type=Product

And was wondering what the main differences between the Yamaha Electic Guitar Outfit ERG121 and the Encore Electric Guitar Outfit were? can you reccomend one over the other? Saw these extras on the Ebcore = Includes instruction video, strap, set of strings, pitch pipe, plectrum, lead and protective carry bag. Does that mean they dont come with the Yamaha?

Any help would be great thanks,

Regards

Re: New electric guitar

That link dosnt work.

But if you go to http://www.argos.co.uk then type in 'electric guitar' it comes up with the models i am reffering to.

Cheers

Re: New electric guitar

: Hi everyone,

: I was thinking of buying an elecrtic guitar. For a somehting to do really, i havn't played before so am a begginer! Was looking here:

: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/ols-plst.d2w/report?type=Product

: And was wondering what the main differences between the Yamaha Electic Guitar Outfit ERG121 and the Encore Electric Guitar Outfit were? can you reccomend one over the other? Saw these extras on the Ebcore = Includes instruction video, strap, set of strings, pitch pipe, plectrum, lead and protective carry bag. Does that mean they dont come with the Yamaha?

: Any help would be great thanks,

: Regards

I think the Yamaha Electic Guitar Outfit ERG121 is best choice for you because it has a tutor book and a 10 wat amp a strap an amp cable and a gig bag to protect your guitar

What year is my guitar????

I have a Fender Precision Bass. I was told it was a 1968 model. How can I find out. It says Made in the USA. Will serial numbers help any of you determine the year and worth of this guitar??? Thanks, Dirk

Re: What year is my guitar????

The serial number on the neck is E 314498, and the one on the back metal plate is E 724662. It all looks original.

: The serial number on the neck is S 971317. It all looks original.

: The serial number on the neck is I01010093 it's a epiphone les paul-100 than you!

There is a book you may find at your local book store. It is all Fender and it lists the makes, models and all that good stuff, along with serial number sequences and when they were produced. I think it is called "The Fender Book" Or call you local music store. That's what I did a few months ago when I bought a used Strat from an individual. I read the store the serial # and they told me when my guitar was made. I assume they have info for that stuff around so they can slurp up a once in a lifetime trade-in from someone who doesn't know any better. Good luck.

: I have a Fender Precision Bass. I was told it was a 1968 model. How can I find out. It says Made in the USA. Will serial numbers help any of you determine the year and worth of this guitar??? Thanks, Dirk

: There is a book you may find at your local book store. It is all Fender and it lists the makes, models and all that good stuff, along with serial number sequences and when they were produced. I think it is called "The Fender Book" Or call you local music store. That's what I did a few months ago when I bought a used Strat from an individual. I read the store the serial # and they told me when my guitar was made. I assume they have info for that stuff around so they can slurp up a once in a lifetime trade-in from someone who doesn't know any better. Good luck.

: : I have a Fender Precision Bass. I was told it was a 1968 model. How can I find out. It says Made in the USA. Will serial numbers help any of you determine the year and worth of this guitar??? Thanks, Dirk

I have a fender stratocarster japan...

seial number O 056633

I would like know the year...

I have a les paul 100 epiphone, the number is I01010093, can you tell me what year is my guitar? Thanks joao ( I'm from Portugal)

Yeah, I have a Fender Newpoter I heard they were rare...so I decided to find out what exactly year it was. I was told that it was worth about $6000...and it was made somewhere from early 60's to early 70's. Thanks Shane

I have a bc rich accoustic guitar and i just want to know what year it is

this is the serial number 895 201 if you need more info let me know

: I have a Gibson Les Paul. I owned it since 1981. I was told that it is a 1976 Standard. I want to verify thel year and value. ser#00237705.
Thanks, Al

gibson J185

anybody know where I can get a sweet one used for less ?

Re: gibson J185

: anybody know where I can get a sweet one used for less ?

Hi, I have a 1952 j185n for sale. was it a vintage one your after. It's one of 24 made in that year. condition is superb. Wonderful full tone. origonal geib case. Haven't made my mind up about the price yet.
give me a shout if you are potentialll interested.

ATB
Darren

Re: gibson J185

I am interested in the J185. Can you descrice condition and asking price? Thanks

: : anybody know where I can get a sweet one used for less ?

:
: Hi, I have a 1952 j185n for sale. was it a vintage one your after. It's one of 24 made in that year. condition is superb. Wonderful full tone. origonal geib case. Haven't made my mind up about the price yet.
: give me a shout if you are potentialll interested.

: ATB
: Darren

What Are Amp Heads for

i don't understand what a full rack like a Marshall is for. What does the head add to it. thanks

Re: What Are Amp Heads for

This is pretty sad. The head makes the sound of the guitar fool. It makes the distortion. The things it lays on top of are the cabs(speakers).

Head=Radio
Cabinets=speakers got it?

First they are called STACKS. Second they produce the electric signal that drives the speaker coils. You know most people learn about things like this in freshman (highschool) general science. Did you pass?

: First they are called STACKS. Second they produce the electric signal that drives the speaker coils. You know most people learn about things like this in freshman (highschool) general science. Did you pass?

Sorry, please take pity on my stupidity. I did not realize that the cab was just speakers. I thought that they drove themselves, that they didn't need the head. I thought they were like a studio amp. I have never played or seen a full STACK up close, so I only knew from seeing pictures on the internet. I have only been playing for a year and a half. I happen to be going into Freshman year in high school so I hope I will learn more about what you have taught me. thanks alot asshole

Don't worry about it, and your not stupid, we like to use the term challenged :). Just have fun playing and the peices generally just fall in place.

: : First they are called STACKS. Second they produce the electric signal that drives the speaker coils. You know most people learn about things like this in freshman (highschool) general science. Did you pass?

:
: Sorry, please take pity on my stupidity. I did not realize that the cab was just speakers. I thought that they drove themselves, that they didn't need the head. I thought they were like a studio amp. I have never played or seen a full STACK up close, so I only knew from seeing pictures on the internet. I have only been playing for a year and a half. I happen to be going into Freshman year in high school so I hope I will learn more about what you have taught me. thanks alot asshole

Ignore the other posts, mister smarty pants obviously spends too much time in class and has not developed normal social skillz yet.

They are called heads cuz thats what ya put yer head-phones into when playing, and the bigger the head the more chicks you'll get, and the cabs below them are just supports to keep the head off the floor (in case of a flood), and the head works best when at shoulder level, so your height determines the size of the cab, and in case you are wondering I was a special olympics gold medialist, juggling champ '00, so even though I'am not a physics major like mister smarty pants my extensive research and subsequent thesis in quantum juggling mechanics surely qualify me to speak on the subject.

Just remember the guitar goes into the amp, which amplifies (and sometimes modifies) the signal and outputs it to the speakers, which produce (sometimes pleasing) sound.

: i don't understand what a full rack like a Marshall is for. What does the head add to it. thanks

Whatever they are, for gods sake make sure the volume control goes up to 11 as 10 just aint loud enough...

Online Guitar shops

Do you know anywhere online I could buy guitars at reasonable prices?

Re: Online Guitar shops

: ¿Usted me conoce dondequiera en línea podría comprar guitarras en los precios razonables?

I want a mint if not new RG 2027x- will pay top dollar for one. If not an RG how about a Ibanez JPM 7 string?

: Do you know anywhere online I could buy guitars at reasonable prices?

:www.gak.co.uk

: Do you know anywhere online I could buy guitars at reasonable prices?

:www.gak.co.uk

Online Guitar shops

Do you know anywhere online I could buy guitars at reasonable prices?

: Do you know anywhere online I could buy guitars at reasonable prices? e-mail me back plz!!!!

I need a zoom606 patches

if anyone got to know a zoom 606 patches
please help cause i dont know how to mixed
the some cool and great effects please email
me?.............................

help me too meet DEFTONES

I REally want to meet my idol band
""""""DEFTONES"""""""""

I also need zoom606 patches....

: if anyone got to know a zoom 606 patches
: please help cause i dont know how to mixed
: the some cool and great effects please email
: me?.............................

Re: I also need zoom606 patches....

: : if anyone got to know a zoom 606 patches
: : please help cause i dont know how to mixed
: : the some cool and great effects please email
: : me?.............................hfdgff

Re: I also need zoom606 patches....

: : if anyone got to know a zoom 606 patches
: : please help cause i dont know how to mixed
: : the some cool and great effects please email
: : me?.............................hfdgff

Re: I need a zoom606 patches

anyone plz help me i need gud ang crunzy distortion ang grunge effects...and also clean effects..plz help me i need it now...send in my email add rynsci@yahoo.com thanks....muah!!!!

anyone plz help me i need gud and crunzy distortion and grunge effects...and also clean effects..plz help me i need it now...send in my email add rynsci@yahoo.com thanks....muah!!!!

: anyone plz help me i need gud and crunzy distortion and grunge effects...and also clean effects of incubus titled circles .plz help me i need it now...send in my email add tinsky18_nestor@yahoo.com

I need a zoom606 patches

: if anyone got to know a zoom 606 patches
: please give me patches of new found glory's any song in their album stick and stones.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.