Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I WANT 2 KNOW MY PAPA?

help me to know my papa please

Luke, I am your father

Now, get lost loser.

tubes!

i was wondering what would happen if i replaced my fender poweramp tubes with EL34 tubes, which are generally used in marshall amplifiers. im looking for more of a marshall tone out of my fender hot rod deluze. thanks!

Re: tubes!

so you would be putting power tubes in the place of preamp tubes?

they wouldn't even fit

Vase Australian Guitar Amp

Anyone selling a VASE guitar amp made in the late 60's,
preferably just the head only.
I am interested for a resonable price.

Grestch bass........

I'm looking to buy a Grestch bass...If anyone knows or wants to sell one. I would be interested in buying one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Grestch bass........

hey hey, i got a grestch, 1 pickup bass, ill email you a pic, ill probly sell it to you.

Yamaha SHB400 guitar

Yamaha SHB400 guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha SHB400 guitar

custom sound hole cover

Would anyone know where I can get a custom sound hole cover for a Tacoma DM8C? (It is the dreadnaught style with the paisley shaped, off-set, sound hole) I need to do something to kill the feedback I've been getting.

Re: custom sound hole cover

:Go to lutehole.com. You'll love it.

takamine 12 string

i just picked up a takamine 12 string model #f-210 anyone no about this number at the bottom of the neck is 47.3.1 anyone have info on it

Where to sell my guitar, except for Axeace.com?

Hi there,
I'm trying to sell an old Hofner-guitar of mine,
and have placed an ad on axeace.com
http://www.axeace.com/ad.php?nr=8
Where can I place more free ads about my guitar?

Best regards,
Jimmy K

V-AMP or POD ?

I heard Line6 Pod was a very good product, but I find it too expensive. I've read hings abou Behringer V-Amp, and it seems to be very good too.
What should I do ? Thanx.

Re: V-AMP or POD ?

I own the POD and I will tell you it is VERY good. I was put off by the price also, but I sat down in the music store with it one day and...... you know the rest. hahahaha I had to have it. I have never used the V-AMP but Total Guitar Magazine rated it a "best buy". One thing some people forget is that alot of music stores have a Lay-Away plan, where they keep the product until you get it paid off. Hope that helps some. If you have any questions about the POD, feel free to ask me.

: I heard Line6 Pod was a very good product, but I find it too expensive. I've read hings abou Behringer V-Amp, and it seems to be very good too.
: What should I do ? Thanx.

Carvin FS-77 Footswitch

I am looking for anyone who can sell me the Carvin FS-77 Footswitch. If you know anyone that has one for sale, please e-mail me. Thanks.

Re: Carvin FS-77 Footswitch

If you call 800-854-2235 option 6, you can get a diagram from them, and build it yourself. it would be farly easy, but a little costly. but then again, it's near to imposible to find the footswitch without buying another quad-x.

FS 77

I have one for sale

WHAT ARE THE BEST BOOKS/VIDEOS FOR SOLOING OR SCALES

I need some help finding the right books or videos that can help or further my ability in playing guitar, im not a beginner and i don't take lessions..
I would be most gratefull if you can help..

Thanks

Re: WHAT ARE THE BEST BOOKS/VIDEOS FOR SOLOING OR SCALES

i think you should take transcriptions of your fav players, or transcribe music for yourself, i found out that a cd is far the best teacher for who doesnt want lessons...
frank gambale books are ok if youre in that stuff

my guitar

looking for information on acoustic guitar
" seral # L 859"
thank you,

graham colton tabs

if anyone has graham tabs tell me where to get them

Re: graham colton tabs

there are a few at www.ifightforwords.com under the musicians forum

thanks alot of the URL.

I just saw Graham Colton live...oh my gosh, I can't even fathom them...they are so awsome...I was talking to Graham and Turtle, and they said that they just got signed by Universal...They really desearve it...If there are any tabs for them...I would love to know them, or where to find them.

i'm looking for some too...they are so great, i saw them last night but didn't get a chance to buy the cd b/c they sold out...they opened for the counting crows, and to tell you the truth i liked them better! so if u get any let me know! thanks!

You can get their CD at www.awarestore.com

Hurry & click over there....
It's AWESOME!!!!!

: does anyone have graham tabs for the song: Find Me or You and Only you

Randy Rhoads

Randy was the best player. We will never know what he could have showed us. All of us are sitting in our basements, in front of our p.c's, while he was doing his own thing at the age of 22. He was only a kid, and now we all try to play like him. What a gift.

Re: Randy Rhoads

Sitting in the basement ??? I think not
Trying to play like him ??? Not

: Randy was the best player. We will never know what he could have showed us. All of us are sitting in our basements, in front of our p.c's, while he was doing his own thing at the age of 22. He was only a kid, and now we all try to play like him. What a gift.

Re: Randy Rhoads

: Sitting in the basement ??? I think not
:

Right. I sorry. I suppose your in the studio right now, and the next cd I buy is yours. My mistake. Whats that? You gotta go? Wifes calling? Dinners ready?

Ha

: : Sitting in the basement ??? I think not
: :
:
Ha.. I learn from others, not idolize them, and yes you have probally heard me, if ya ever watched ESPN... off to the studio to have dinner, all the wives are ex's, they never made dinner anyways... do you cook ?

: Right. I sorry. I suppose your in the studio right now, and the next cd I buy is yours. My mistake. Whats that? You gotta go? Wifes calling? Dinners ready?

Re: Ha

your right. we are being immature about this. my original intent was to express my thoughts about his playing, and not to idolize him or anybody. Learning from but not imitating is in fact, the way to go. Please accept all my sorrys Mr.Barresi, sir. And I do make a hell of a chicken pot pie!

marshall amps (3203 heads)

any one got any info on the marshall Artist 3203 heads? I got one, with two matching 4x10 cabs used, and would like some info on them. Marshalls website has shit. Thanks!

Re: marshall amps (3203 heads)

I had one back in high school, and sold it. I've regretted it every day since. I see people selling the head only for around 500, but can't find the 4-10 cabs. It is a sweet rig. A little muddy, but put any sort of eq on it and it screams! Those 4-10s are perfect for high-mids. The low end drops off a little, but I think they are still better than 12s. The head is a tube pre amp (one 12ax7), mosfet power at 30 watts. They were made in the mid eighties, and then just disappeared. I sold mine along with my 70's SG (my favorite guitar and amp, and I wasn't even a drug addict! well not really anyway). The guy I sold it to was a douchebag (uh that's not you is it Jimmy?). Hold on to her, she's a winner.

Re: marshall amps (3203 heads)

Actually, the 3203 has a solid state preamp, with a 12AX7 as part of the tone circuit. The power stage is all tube, 2 x EL34's. Dual channel, spring reverb (footswitchable with a standard 2 switch stereo jack Marshall footswitch), manufactured in the late 1980's. Check out the user reviews at Harmony Central for more info on this great little amp.

My Qwik Tune is registering high E as A and B as low E? Please help!

What's with that? I can get the B to register as a G if I pluck it very softly, but that technique won't work for any of the other strings, in fact, anything below B doesn't even show up on the tuner! Thanks for any help. -Dave

Re: My Qwik Tune is registering high E as A and B as low E? Please help!

Dave check the intonation of your insrament. It should ring the tonic on the octave at the 12th fret if it does not then adjust the string lenth at the bridge. If this does not work get a new tuner.

yours

Paul.

Poker Tournament

Sunrise has declared a Tournament. Details are in Profile.

Starfield K-Special

I have a Starfield K-Special (semi hollow electric). Looking to sell - does anyone know how much its is worth? I know it is rare.
Del

Who sang this song

"she couldn't stand the pain"
".......rain"
"She was a victim of the heart"

I thought the name of the song is "song for emma" and the singer is Dave coverdale(white snake) But think I'm wrong

Fastest bass player (electric bass guitar) poser

Fastest bass player (electric bass guitar) poser

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fastest bass player (electric bass guitar) poser

hohner st victory

hohner st victory

This popular thread has been given its own page : hohner st victory

îòñòîé

Õîé, ïèïëû!

DIGITECH OR ZOOM??????

Which is the best?
The rp 100 or the zoom 707 II?
And what expression pedal can I use with the rp100? (the less expensive)
thanks

Re: DIGITECH OR ZOOM??????

Get the idea of cheep effects out of your head and get a real digitec. It is worth saving up for.

album or cd name

I am trying to find the name of a live album or cd by steve lukather & lee ritenour together playing an old jeff beck tune called " cause we've ended as lovers " can anybody tell me the name?

Re: album or cd name

<a href="http://paxilmedication.biz/">paxil</a> To say you got a vote of confidence would be to say you needed a vote of
confidence.
-- Andrew Young

Jackson Dinky Standard Professional

Does any one know what these are worth. Are "Professionals" suppose to be better.
Is this one any good. thanks.

Ibanez 540s saber 800643

Does any one know what year a 540s with the # 800643 would be? What are these things worth?

Re: Ibanez 540s saber 800643

: Does any one know what year a 540s with the # 800643 would be? What are these things worth?

nathan is a fucking pussy

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.