Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: TOM DELONGE MARSHALL

Tom doesn't use effects anymore anyway. He doesn't even run through any distortion on his heads. Its all plug and play.

info. on my guitar

KAPA Cobra 48/5? Made in the Silversprings Md.area . Looking for detaled information.

Re: info. on my guitar

: KAPA Cobra 48/5? Made in the Silversprings Md.area . Looking for detaled information.

Hi: try looking at www.guitarsite.com there are about 6 or 8 messages about KAPA in there...I used to own a KAPA 4 string bass which I wish I had never parted with. I purchased it new in 1968 or 1969 at a music store I worked at at that time in Worcester MA.
At the time I thought it was made offshore- but found out from this site it was actually US made. It had a
very small neck for a bass which made it easy to play
for someone like me with small hands....it cost me somewhere between $200 and $300 new as I remember, and
that was with a decent employee discount over 25% off list. Good luck Bill

SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS

im not sure whether to get a seymour suncan invader, jb, distortion or trembucker model plz help me!!!!

Re: SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS

I got a Woody... and am very happy with it.

: im not sure whether to get a seymour suncan invader, jb, distortion or trembucker model plz help me!!!!

marshall artist 3203

HEY ARTIST 3203 OWNERS, IS YOUR REVERB WEAK? OK THEN SWITCH YOUR RED AND BLACK WIRE TO YOUR REVERB TANK THAT WILL FIX IT. YOU WILL HAVE GREAT REVERB LIKE FENDERS.

Re: marshall artist 3203

: Thanks for te tip I will try that. I just picked up one recently and I havent even plugged it in. I dont even know what tubes it takes.

: HEY ARTIST 3203 OWNERS, IS YOUR REVERB WEAK? OK THEN SWITCH YOUR RED AND BLACK WIRE TO YOUR REVERB TANK THAT WILL FIX IT. YOU WILL HAVE GREAT REVERB LIKE FENDERS.

My rare collection of Hendrix Guitars for sale!!

I have a small problem on my hands. You see, I have accumulated a lot of guitars from famous people ie: Jimmy Hendrix, Pete Townsend (The ones he didn't break), George Harrison, Prince, and Billy Corgan. If I need to sell some of these priceless relics because they just take up too much space at my house. I'm willing to offer you a guitar. Just name your price!!

Re: My rare collection of Hendrix Guitars for sale!!

I need a prince guitar so I can wear my 17th century coat and shirt and trousers and look cool, I only get to wear them to Revoltionary war renactments, which needless to say are few and far between these days. I will buy the guitar if you throw in a prince wig, a couple cans of "tan-in-a-can", the lyrics to purple rain, and the phone number of the chick that plays his girlfriend in the movie as I will need her services when I record the song.

I also have a deaf dumb and blind friend looking for a paino... or pinball machine, hell he won't know the difference anyways, can you help the dude out ???

: I have a small problem on my hands. You see, I have accumulated a lot of guitars from famous people ie: Jimmy Hendrix, Pete Townsend (The ones he didn't break), George Harrison, Prince, and Billy Corgan. If I need to sell some of these priceless relics because they just take up too much space at my house. I'm willing to offer you a guitar. Just name your price!!

although your posting seems like a put on, i am looking for a 60's gretsch monkee model guitat or parts

WOW, that's GREAT ! I'd really to buy Clapton's Cream era custom painted SG standard , I'm pretty sure Todd Rundgren now owns it (unless you bought it from Todd). I'd be willing to pay UP TO $500 for it !! Scott

looking to buy signed guitars

interested in guitars are they still available?

i am looking to purchase an acoustic guitar. do you have any?

yo this might be a bit late but r u still selln guitar's?? do u hav jimi hendrix classic cream with maple neck fender?? if u reply that would be great and near enough price aswell would be cool

yo this might be a bit late but r u still selln guitar's?? do u hav jimi hendrix classic cream with maple neck fender?? if u reply that would be great and near enough price aswell would be cool

Tama Guitar

Tama Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tama Guitar

New to this site. Hi!

Hi I am a guitar reviwer for a new magazine called GRITZ. WWW.GRITZ.NET , We have been on line for 3 years and have our 3rd print issue coming out in December. This is not spam as I am recruting no one. I just am introducing myself to the community here. Hope to get in to some discussions and maybe be a positive member of this community. I love Southern rock and blues but appreciate all GOOD music! My fav players, are Duane Allman, Dickey Betts, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Waren Haynes, Dereck Trucks, The Kings, BB, Freddie, and Albert that is!. Hooker, Johnson and all the bleues greats.
I also dig Santana, the olde Clapton stuff,and I think many country pickers are among the best around as well!
So I have diverse tastes in music from Guy Clark and John Pryne to Buckethead. Who is that cat anyway???? What chops!!!!! Sounds like Via to me?
Anyone who reads my columns/reviews I'll be happy to talk about them. Also if you have any questions ask away. I have built 5 guitars, and have friends at Gibson, Fender, Martin, Taylor and a good buddy building the best guitars in the country right now, Gene Baker of Baker Guitars. www.Bakerguitars.com . The best in the country, Yes I said it, I've played and owned PRS's, Anderson's, McInturff's and several other boutique high end guitars, but Gene has the thing down pat right now. For the forseeable future anyway! I AM opinionated, that's my job, but I LOVE to help people too, with dating questions, etc. I buy, sell, trade so I keep all books and pricing up to date. Let's talk guitars! Michael "RedTail Wolf"

Also looking for some answers. Warren Haynes has apparently said he is done with the ABB. I don't know this to be true but would love someone to talk to me that knows the truth. I love The Mule but The ABB needs Warren too!
Latest great record Susan Tedeschi's new record is in continuous play in my CD player at the moment.

New to this site. Hi!

Hi I am a guitar reviewer for a new magazine called GRITZ. WWW.GRITZ.NET , We have been on line for 3 years and have our 3rd print issue coming out in December. This is not spam as I am recruting no one. I just am introducing myself to the community here. Hope to get in to some discussions and maybe be a positive member of this community. I love Southern rock and blues but appreciate all GOOD music! My fav players, are Duane Allman, Dickey Betts, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Waren Haynes, Dereck Trucks, The Kings, BB, Freddie, and Albert that is!. Hooker, Johnson and all the bleues greats.
I also dig Santana, the olde Clapton stuff,and I think many country pickers are among the best around as well!
So I have diverse tastes in music from Guy Clark and John Pryne to Buckethead. Who is that cat anyway???? What chops!!!!! Sounds like Via to me?
Anyone who reads my columns/reviews I'll be happy to talk about them. Also if you have any questions ask away. I have built 5 guitars, and have friends at Gibson, Fender, Martin, Taylor and a good buddy building the best guitars in the country right now, Gene Baker of Baker Guitars. www.Bakerguitars.com . The best in the country, Yes I said it, I've played and owned PRS's, Anderson's, McInturff's and several other boutique high end guitars, but Gene has the thing down pat right now. For the forseeable future anyway! I AM opinionated, that's my job, but I LOVE to help people too, with dating questions, etc. I buy, sell, trade so I keep all books and pricing up to date. Let's talk guitars! Michael "RedTail Wolf"

Also looking for some answers. Warren Haynes has apparently said he is done with the ABB. I don't know this to be true but would love someone to talk to me that knows the truth. I love The Mule but The ABB needs Warren too!
Latest great record Susan Tedeschi's new record is in continuous play in my CD player at the moment.

John Pryne

: Hi I am a guitar reviewer for a new magazine called GRITZ. WWW.GRITZ.NET , We have been on line for 3 years and have our 3rd print issue coming out in December. This is not spam as I am recruting no one. I just am introducing myself to the community here. Hope to get in to some discussions and maybe be a positive member of this community. I love Southern rock and blues but appreciate all GOOD music! My fav players, are Duane Allman, Dickey Betts, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Waren Haynes, Dereck Trucks, The Kings, BB, Freddie, and Albert that is!. Hooker, Johnson and all the bleues greats.
: I also dig Santana, the olde Clapton stuff,and I think many country pickers are among the best around as well!
: So I have diverse tastes in music from Guy Clark and John Pryne to Buckethead. Who is that cat anyway???? What chops!!!!! Sounds like Via to me?
: Anyone who reads my columns/reviews I'll be happy to talk about them. Also if you have any questions ask away. I have built 5 guitars, and have friends at Gibson, Fender, Martin, Taylor and a good buddy building the best guitars in the country right now, Gene Baker of Baker Guitars. www.Bakerguitars.com . The best in the country, Yes I said it, I've played and owned PRS's, Anderson's, McInturff's and several other boutique high end guitars, but Gene has the thing down pat right now. For the forseeable future anyway! I AM opinionated, that's my job, but I LOVE to help people too, with dating questions, etc. I buy, sell, trade so I keep all books and pricing up to date. Let's talk guitars! Michael "RedTail Wolf"

:
: Also looking for some answers. Warren Haynes has apparently said he is done with the ABB. I don't know this to be true but would love someone to talk to me that knows the truth. I love The Mule but The ABB needs Warren too!
: Latest great record Susan Tedeschi's new record is in continuous play in my CD player at the moment.

I am looking for his first recording but do not know the name of it. Can you send me an address for him or a link to his web site if he has one? Thanks

TOM ROBINSON

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE CHORD CONFIGURATION TO 2468 MOTORWAY
SEEMS EASY BUT JUST CANT GET IT TO SOUND RIGHT

Soloing

Can any one suggest a book,tape,video or course for someone going beyond penta and blues scales? I want to have a blues rock flavour. Ive tried modes but it just sounds like bad jazz.Are there other blues notes? I want to play in a blues/ metal style

Re: Soloing

All notes are blues notes... corny, so that aside check out trufire.com, they have a blues 'course' on cd thats pretty decent but kinda pricey, but has some good stuff to practice with to get 'outta the box', I've only checked out part of it but what I did it was good, the only other way I know is just play along with what you are interested with till it sinks in, just old fashioned practice, practice, practice, till all the scales and modes meld, wish I knew an easier way, and maybe someone else does... good luck.

: Can any one suggest a book,tape,video or course for someone going beyond penta and blues scales? I want to have a blues rock flavour. Ive tried modes but it just sounds like bad jazz.Are there other blues notes? I want to play in a blues/ metal style

if i were you i would try some of the yngwie malmsteen video tapes and books. they are all about sweep picking and harmonic scales. you can learn some really cool stuff from that.

Try listening to Dimebag Darrell (Pantera), his metal licks and riffs have a true fiery texan blues feel to 'em.

Hi Brendan.

You sound like the perfect candidate for my book PlaneTalk. Check it out at http://www.lorange.kirk.net

You should also read some of the many articles I write for the GNW that's sent out from this site. They're all archived here.

All the best,

Kirk

Yo dude, well everything that everyone has said is all good and whatnot, but have you ever heard of Dream Theater, or Liquid Tension? i know what your talking about though, how to make soloing just sound good. Dimebag is good, and Ynywie (Sp? damn sweedes) is good and all, but the thing is Ynywie is so limited. it only goes so far. if i were you i'd check out John Petrucci's "Rock Discipline" guitarist from Dream Theater. i swear by the video, and after one watch you'll understand. you need to work on your modes, such as Dorian, and Mixolydian (once again, can't spell) and just plain old minor scales, and a good ol' fashioned major scale. there is a life of studying in modes and what have you. but check out the dream theater and for great improvised solo's Liquid Tension is a must. yea i know its Prog, but its too good to be ignored. later.
Rob

Steve Amaker

i can tell someone does not have a life.p.s,i can tell someone lives with their mom

Later Nance.......

Have fun !!!

: i can tell someone does not have a life.p.s,i can tell someone lives with their mom

goner.exe

open this and you're a goner

Lame, Lame, Lame

Lamer, yo, you can't even spoof your death threats hows youse gonna do thats??? L33-NOT-u

: open this and you're a goner

not a death threat

: it a death threat,it was a virus threat

Your post below was...

and was reported to the sysadmin at the Halton school district... you should pay more attention in class, maybe you would have at least learned how to at spoof if you are going to pull that kinda crap.

: : it a death threat,it was a virus threat

game on

i dare you!let the games begin!

Re: game on

Someones going to the principal's office

haaaaaaaaaaaa

LAMER !!!

I'am gone till tommorrow... have fun Nance.

Visit my sites: WWW.SOMETHINGAWFUL.COM
---- or --- WWW.STILEPROJECT.COM

: i dare you!let the games begin!

if you do not reply in ten seconds i win
..........I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anti virus

its called anti virus software,it keeps internet attackers at bay

time

zone ???

How much is my Guild worth?

Ive got a 1960 Guild MK2 classical guitar, with cedar top and mahogany body and neck, gold enclosed tuners (schallers?). Perfect condition! Anyone know what it would sell for?

Thanks,

Re: How much is my Guild worth?

im looking to sell my guild f4ce its green ,its one year young in very good condition,with case and still under warranty,any ideas with no pictures
.think its a 97 model

Help.Song search?

A firnd of mine is loking to find a song.It was recorded about 11 years ago and is heavy metal at it's best with great guitar work.On the refrain sings Livin on the rainbow.Please let me know if You know who is plaing this song and what album is.Thank You in advance.
Ernest

Help.Song search?

A friend of mine is loking to find a song.It was recorded about 11 years ago and is heavy metal at it's best with great guitar work.On the refrain sings Livin on the rainbow.Please let me know if You know who is plaing this song and what album is.Thank You in advance.
Ernest

yamaha dg80

hey,
i use yamaha dg80.
is there any way to add more gain
like mesa boogies,bogners etc.
like what digitech boss do
thanx.
e mail me......i you know

yamaha dg

i have a yamaha and it has plenty of gain. this may sound stupid but try to tweek the eq's and not use the presets. they are made to do any sound so you should be able to get what you want. i have 2 mesa pre-amps and it is similar but it still doesn't get that tube crunch but it is a good amp.

Re: yamaha dg80

: hey,
: i use yamaha dg80.
: is there any way to add more gain
: like mesa boogies,bogners etc.
: like what digitech boss do
: thanx.
: e mail me......i you know

For extra gain buy a Ibanez Pre-amp booster stomp box
It will boost your gain while you need that extra ummp during your solos

epiphone's emperor II Joe Pass model.

any thing good or bad to say about it.

To Steve Amaker

hey i see you are a very knowledgable person when it comes to guitars. i have a question for you. I have a 1982 les paul custom that doesn't really crunch. now i have two mesa boogie amps that shred up anything you put into them but the les paul. Are they made to sound like that or do i have a problem in the guitar. please e-mail me at kingv417@cs.com if you know the answer. thanks

To Steve Amaker

hey i see you are a very knowledgable person when it comes to guitars. i have a question for you. I have a 1982 les paul custom that doesn't really crunch. now i have two mesa boogie amps that shred up anything you put into them but the les paul. Are they made to sound like that or do i have a problem in the guitar. please e-mail me at kingv417@cs.com if you know the answer. thanks

did fender really buy jackson

i just wanted to know if fender really did buy jackson. i hope that nothing changes to the jackson line if they were bought. if any one knows please tell me.

Re: did fender really buy jackson

yes they did.....swallowed'm up whole.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.