Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

A question

Why did Roy have to trade in a guitar for one of his own 'signature' models ? Or is the link to the guitar he traded in ?

: Here is a link to a very special guitar, the pickups were changed but stock one's are in storage. There were 4 made for the promo campain.

: 0001 Leo Fender
: 0002 James Burton
: 0003 Roy Buchanan
: 0004 Steve Cropper

: The guitar came with the following:
: 1) Picture of Roy (beard/hat) and current owner making trade.
: 2) The original add featuring the artists to receive the guitars, with a greeting under Roy's name that says. "I hope you like the guitar" signed Roy Buchanan.
: 3)Receipt of the sale in Lovettsville VA, stating:
: sold to: Roy Buchanan
: date: 06-29-82
: terms: trade
: description: 1982 Fender "Vintage" Telecaster w/case Ser#0003
: for
: 1982 Fender Telecaster Custom w/case Ser#S816709
: Signed owner
: Signed Roy Buchanan
: 4) Certificate of Authenticity from Fender

: www.imageevent.com/techrep/1952fendertelecasterreissue

Re: A question

He liked the custom better than the re-issue, other than that only God knows now.

The Messiah will come again

: : Here is a link to a very special guitar, the pickups were changed but stock one's are in storage. There were 4 made for the promo campain.

: : 0001 Leo Fender
: : 0002 James Burton
: : 0003 Roy Buchanan
: : 0004 Steve Cropper

: : The guitar came with the following:
: : 1) Picture of Roy (beard/hat) and current owner making trade.
: : 2) The original add featuring the artists to receive the guitars, with a greeting under Roy's name that says. "I hope you like the guitar" signed Roy Buchanan.
: : 3)Receipt of the sale in Lovettsville VA, stating:
: : sold to: Roy Buchanan
: : date: 06-29-82
: : terms: trade
: : description: 1982 Fender "Vintage" Telecaster w/case Ser#0003
: : for
: : 1982 Fender Telecaster Custom w/case Ser#S816709
: : Signed owner
: : Signed Roy Buchanan
: : 4) Certificate of Authenticity from Fender

: : www.imageevent.com/techrep/1952fendertelecasterreissue

The Original Slide Guitar Clip

We have a link to your database, we have moved and the e-mail address iks not accurate and the web page is not up. We are working on this problem but need to change the e mail address
to the above address, should anyone find us. Thanks I don't even know if this is the way to do this, I don't know how to contact you.
Sandi Surber
inventors wife

Re: The Original Slide Guitar Clip

The site is now up and running at http://www.theslideclip.com and it contains links to email addresses for more information and ordering the innovative and original slide guitar clip...everyone who uses a slide could use one of these clips.

: We have a link to your database, we have moved and the e-mail address iks not accurate and the web page is not up. We are working on this problem but need to change the e mail address
: to the above address, should anyone find us. Thanks I don't even know if this is the way to do this, I don't know how to contact you.
: Sandi Surber
: inventors wife

This popular thread has been given its own page : The Original Slide Guitar Clip

1971 Epiphone

Want to know the value of this guitar. My Dad gave it to me and I havent been able to find any info on it. I'm just curious as to how much its worth.

Re: 1971 Epiphone

Sorry forgot to tell u what it is: 1971 Epiphone FT- 135 Cortez: Want to know the value of this guitar. My Dad gave it to me and I havent been able to find any info on it. I'm just curious as to how much its worth.

Re: 1971 Epiphone

: Sorry forgot to tell u what it is: 1971 Epiphone FT- 135 Cortez: Want to know the value of this guitar. My Dad gave it to me and I havent been able to find any info on it. I'm just curious as to how much its worth.

I got one too, Number 145 plays like a dream. I 've been offered $ 800.

notation

I see in many guitar references the letter c.followed by a date ie c.1964. What does the (c.) designate?

Re: notation

It usually is in reference to the approximate date a song was composed, or something was made, if the exact date is unknown. If it is thought that the item in question was from around 1850 they would use c.(short for circa, which means 'about') and print c1850, or circa 1850.

Jim

Re: notation

(c) is the copywrite year, c. is short for 'circa' which is the year (or close to it) when it was written, also on the net things arent consistent, so I would just look at it as a reference as to when the song was written.

: I see in many guitar references the letter c.followed by a date ie c.1964. What does the (c.) designate?

learning base guitar

learning base guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : learning base guitar

i wont's to take member ship

hhgjkjl

Need some Boss ME-6 tones!!!!

I'm looking for some soft and bluesy tones for Boss me-6. My interest is in Mark Knopfler sound or Ray Voughan's sounds...I know i can't get too much with a Me-6 and a Les Paul guitar but I got to make a try. It got to be somewere some printable settings I can use... Thanks anyway...
Sica

busco a Max forbes de Costa Rica

busco a Max forbes de Costa Rica

This popular thread has been given its own page : busco a Max forbes de Costa Rica

I'm lookin' for Max Forbes guitar player busco a Max de Costa Rica

I'm lookin' for Max Forbes guitar player & singer from Costa Rica. Thanks for any info. Urgent.German Garcia. Estoy buscando al guitarrista y cantante Max Forbes de Costa Rica. Me urge entrar en contacto con él para cuestiones de trabajo en Cancun,Mex. Agradeceré cualquier información.Germán García.

AX100G instruction manual

AX100G instruction manual

This popular thread has been given its own page : AX100G instruction manual

Jackson Guitars Bought by Fender....IT IS TRUE!!!!

A truly sad day in history as far as I am concerned. I also heard they (FENDER) fired Kevin Easton, whom I understand has been at Jackson from the beginning. You can read about it on the Fender website(www.fender.com)and in it they state that they have no plans to change the Jackson line "too much". Glad I got my USA Jacksons already, I dont have to worry about paying for an inferior product(i.e. Fender built). But taht is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions........

squier by Jackson

Fender said they wouldn't screw with Guild when they bought them. Well, Fender has totally screwed up Guild, discontinuing models, poor material and build quality, taking shortcuts, introducing Dearmond and then screwing that up. I wish Fender would just make Strats, Teles, P basses, J basses, tube amps, and just leave the rest of the shit alone. And now it's their turn to screw Jackson up. Buy your Jacksons now because they just won't be the same. Let's see, how about squier by Jackson? And build them in China, yeah, that's the ticket!

Re: squier by Jackson

No Shit!!!I have my 3 USA Jacksons. RR1,KV2 andKE2 but I have been looking for a WR1. Now I guess I will have to buy a used one because I wont buy one made by Fender. When I go to Guitar Center the walls are plastered with mass produced Fender crap from all over the planet. The Jackson section usually has one Soloist, Kelly and Rhoads. Been hoping for that elusive USA Jackson Warrior to show up. Now forget it.

Re: Jackson Guitars Bought by Fender....IT IS TRUE!!!!

This is a great day in history as far as i I am concerned.A sad fact of progress is that some will get fired.the Jackson co. must have problems's fender to buy them out.Being a fender fan all my life I know the level of quality demand from all ther branches.I can see only improvement in electrodynamics and looks in store for Jackson.Think of the jump in value for those of us that own an original jackson.this is only my opinion,and every one I know.

Re: Jackson Guitars Bought by Fender....IT IS TRUE!!!!

I didn't get fired. I just didn't take the job offered to me in arizona. No big deal, I've opened my own shop called www.EastonGuitars.com and we're doing pretty well. Just thought I'd square up the loose end.

wah wah with voodu valve or chamilion

Can somebody please explain how I should go about getting a wah wah or a (volume controll)with one off these two prossesors (with voodu valve or chamilion) I do have a Midi Mate too. Apreciate

need tabs of sanjay mishra FOR JULIA

hey guys anyone help me....i need tabs of sanjay mishra....for julia.......help me out plz mail me the tabs if u got them thanks a lot.........

I want to have van halen scanned tab

I have a lot of scanned tabs to trade.

I have tabs of these bands :

Black Sabbath
Bush
Cacophony
Chet Atkins
Dream Theater
Eric Clapton
Eric Johnson
Extreme  (Nuno Bettencourt)

Joe Satriani
Metallica
Mr. Big
Ozzy Osbourne
Quiet Riot
Red hot chili pepper
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Tony Macalpine
Vinnie Moore
Yngwie Malmsteen

Re: I want to have van halen scanned tab

HI - I have some Van Halen tabs and heaps of others, I'm interested in trading. My email is guitartabtrade@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Chris

Barney Kessel's health

I would like to know if anyone knows the address or e-mail for Barney Kessel, as I had heard he had a stroke and was quite ill.

In 1962, as a guitarist growing up in HS, Barney Kessel was my idol and inspiration to play guitar. I would like to know if anyone has any information about his condition, ware bouts and any way to contact he or his wife Phyllis.

Thank you,

Eric

Re: Barney Kessel's health

: I would like to know if anyone knows the address or e-mail for Barney Kessel, as I had heard he had a stroke and was quite ill.

: In 1962, as a guitarist growing up in HS, Barney Kessel was my idol and inspiration to play guitar. I would like to know if anyone has any information about his condition, ware bouts and any way to contact he or his wife Phyllis.

: Thank you,

: Eric

Re: Barney Kessel's health

Barney Kessel is quite seriously ill and lives in San Diego with his wife, Phyliss. Do to the tremendous medical bills the couple needs financial help!

Send dontations to:

Mrs. Phyliss Kessel
4445 North Avenue
San Diego, CA
92116-3940

All money goes directly to Barney's medical care costs.

Thank you!

Regards,

Jim (Jpepoon@aol.com)

chords to "take five"

chords to "take five"

This popular thread has been given its own page : chords to "take five"

Triple rectifier has no power HELPP

hey yea umm i used my amp liek on a monday and by wed it jsu didn;t turn on .. liek no power.. i have yet to try a new fuse but i didn;t no if ne one had ne info on this happeneing or sumthing.. hte amp is bout 3 years old and i bought it used. all new tubes and everything.. any info would be great.. thanx. ANDY

Re: Triple rectifier has no power HELPP

hey dude like chek da fuse or da plug

: hey yea umm i used my amp liek on a monday and by wed it jsu didn;t turn on .. liek no power.. i have yet to try a new fuse but i didn;t no if ne one had ne info on this happeneing or sumthing.. hte amp is bout 3 years old and i bought it used. all new tubes and everything.. any info would be great.. thanx. ANDY

: hey dude like chek da fuse or da plug

:Buy a Line6 amp head insane drive sounds great
: : hey yea umm i used my amp liek on a monday and by wed it jsu didn;t turn on .. liek no power.. i have yet to try a new fuse but i didn;t no if ne one had ne info on this happeneing or sumthing.. hte amp is bout 3 years old and i bought it used. all new tubes and everything.. any info would be great.. thanx. ANDY

Agreed, gots 2 o dem and they scream !!!!!

: :Buy a Line6 amp head insane drive sounds great
: : : hey yea umm i used my amp liek on a monday and by wed it jsu didn;t turn on .. liek no power.. i have yet to try a new fuse but i didn;t no if ne one had ne info on this happeneing or sumthing.. hte amp is bout 3 years old and i bought it used. all new tubes and everything.. any info would be great.. thanx. ANDY

please help me

What is a good site to find free mp3's and a site with correct and free guitar tabs?? if u can help me that will be great

ok ok!!!

Mxtabs is for tabs and emp3finder.com

How do YOU sell your CDs online? - tell us and win a prize

Full details: <a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/1482/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/1482/</a>

guitar distortion patches

hi im mukesh from bombay india and im playing in a heavy thrash metal band and i would like u to help me in setting the distortion patches for bands like sepultura,metallica,megadeth,slayer in my korg ax 100g pedal

Re: guitar distortion patches

: hi im mukesh from bombay india and im playing in a heavy thrash metal band and i would like u to help me in setting the distortion patches for bands like sepultura,metallica,megadeth,slayer in my korg ax 100g pedal

: : hi im mukesh from bombay india and im playing in a heavy thrash metal band and i would like u to help me in setting the distortion patches for bands like sepultura,metallica,megadeth,slayer in my korg ax 100g pedal

: : : hi im manik from delhi, india and im playing in a heavy metal band and i need distortion patches of bands like metallica,megadeth,slayer in my korg 1500g pedal

Son wants a guitar!!!

I have a 13 year old son who wants an electric guitar for Christmas. I really don't know if he will stick with it or not so I don't want to spend too much but I would like to get a decent guitar in case he really likes it. Any ideas on where to start?

Re: Son wants a guitar!!!

Let me start by saying I am not a fan of Fender guitars but they have a decent line of entry level guitars at very reasonable prices. $175-$300. If he is anything like usual 14 year olds he likes heavier music, so make sure you get him one with at least 1 humbucker pickup.Single coil pickups will not have the power or sustain needed for heavy music. The Tom Delonge Squier Strat is not a bad starter guitar, around $250 (made in China or something) The Fender Tom Delonge Strat (made in Mexico) I think is around$479. Epiphone also makes a good line of beginner guitars. Guitar Center has full inventory of both manufacturers. A small practice amplifier will cost between $69-$120. Good luck and my best advice is to bring someone along who has some experience buying guitars because the salesmen are real sharks when a Mom or Dad comes in around Christmas time. They know most parents are clueless about price and quality and will stear you to something that will put the most money in their pocket.

I defintely agree with looking into 'low end' fender and epiphone models. And if you do know someone who plays take them along or heve them look around on ebay, you can usually get a decent fender made in mexico (MIM) telecaster or squire strat for under $200, and they play pretty well and are easy to setup/maintain/modify (basically take care of). Another option/fender to consider is a stratacoustic, it is an acoustic/electric and though I personally don't care one bit for them, I gave mine to my 13 yo nephew last year and he loves it, and it costs about $150.

I would stay away from guitars with trems, i.e. guitars with floyd rose trems especially, as a cheap one might make somee cool sounds, and look cool too, but they can cause alot of headaches for a beginner (anyone for that matter) and a guitar with a good trem will probally cost more than you want to spend.

Theres another company Jay Turser that makes pretty decent copies of the most 'popular' models, and I have played several and the quality was suprisingly good for the price... just another option.

: I have a 13 year old son who wants an electric guitar for Christmas. I really don't know if he will stick with it or not so I don't want to spend too much but I would like to get a decent guitar in case he really likes it. Any ideas on where to start?

It's going to cost you $250 to get started. Many manufacturers are making "Starter Kits" - an electric
guitar, a practice amp, straps and chords for that price. It is important to have an instrument that inspires
the player, and getting the string height adjusted to it's prime height will make the instrument play easily.
That is called the set-up. Also, consider making up your own "kit", by buying a $129-$150 guitar from,
say the Squire line, adding an amp modeling unit (such as Behringer V- $149, a Johnson J-station $149,
or a Digitech Genesis $99) that has tons of amp models and sound effects built into it. Those will inspire
you a while lot more than a dinky 10 watt amp with an 8" speaker. Buy a headphone for $30 and let
the student learn the electric guitar in silence (to you), but thru a cranked-up Marshall amp to him!
Then when he gets good, connect the amp modeler unit to your stereo speakers at home, serve food
and sell tickets.
If the whole plan goes kaput to him, sell the kit to one of a 1000 college students living in a dorm that
want to hear themselves play thru a big amp sound, but can't afford to disturb the rest of the dorm
with the noise.
WayneO

:
: I defintely agree with looking into 'low end' fender and epiphone models. And if you do know someone who plays take them along or heve them look around on ebay, you can usually get a decent fender made in mexico (MIM) telecaster or squire strat for under $200, and they play pretty well and are easy to setup/maintain/modify (basically take care of). Another option/fender to consider is a stratacoustic, it is an acoustic/electric and though I personally don't care one bit for them, I gave mine to my 13 yo nephew last year and he loves it, and it costs about $150.

: I would stay away from guitars with trems, i.e. guitars with floyd rose trems especially, as a cheap one might make somee cool sounds, and look cool too, but they can cause alot of headaches for a beginner (anyone for that matter) and a guitar with a good trem will probally cost more than you want to spend.

: Theres another company Jay Turser that makes pretty decent copies of the most 'popular' models, and I have played several and the quality was suprisingly good for the price... just another option.

:
: : I have a 13 year old son who wants an electric guitar for Christmas. I really don't know if he will stick with it or not so I don't want to spend too much but I would like to get a decent guitar in case he really likes it. Any ideas on where to start?

first of all I would go to mucisains friend to have them mail you a christmas issue because it has many ood sstarting guitar packages. if you don't want to buy a package I sugest a good epiphone or squier and a fender or marshell 10 or 15 watt amp

how much is my guitar worth?

how much is my guitar worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : how much is my guitar worth?

Guitar Strings and Norman guitars

I have posted several replies to messages and for some reason they are not getting posted on this forum.

I am sorry but I don't know what the problem is.

Cord

Electric Guitar and Acuostic Guitar

Best Quality Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitars, Mandolins, Banjo , Bongo, Congo, Harmonium, Tabla available at very good prices, any quantity, contact wbo@vsnl.net

hot boys

any fine boys out there

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.