Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Sustainiac B model

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help. I'm looking for a sustainiac model B, the acoustic one. I'm hoping someone out there has one they'd be willing to part with. Please let me know via email or reply to this post. Thanks!

Thunderbird IV

1996 Tobacco sunburst with emg's. Great condition and the neck is a dream to play $1200

Fender American Srandard Strat 1993

Black with maple neck. Sat in the case for 8 yrs. Includes tweed case. $750

PRS Custom 22 Wiring

I need a wiring diagram of a PRS Custom 22. Please help. E-mail to me if possible, or send through IM, s/n:BigHeed87 ..thanks

Strat manufacture date?

I recently bought a used Fender Stratocaster, standard model made in Mexico, s/n MN281842. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured?

Re: Strat manufacture date?

: I recently bought a used Fender Stratocaster, standard model made in Mexico, s/n MN281842. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured?

Paul...Try the Fender pages on your search engine. I can't remember the exact address for em. Tons of stuff.

You can also type in a search looking for Fender dating codes which should kick something up.

Some of the later Fenders aren't listed in their archives yet.

Good Luck

Guitarguy

vintage martins for sale

what is the first year Martin & Co. made the D-18?
I have one for sale sr# 178-140 or 178140
Also a 000D-21 sr# 176565.
No bullsh!#t!!!!! these are the serial numbers.

Re: vintage martins for sale

: what is the first year Martin & Co. made the D-18?
: I have one for sale sr# 178-140 or 178140
: Also a 000D-21 sr# 176565.
: No bullsh!#t!!!!! these are the serial numbers.

Re: vintage martins for sale

: : what is the first year Martin & Co. made the D-18?
: : I have one for sale sr# 178-140 or 178140
: : Also a 000D-21 sr# 176565.
: : No bullsh!#t!!!!! these are the serial numbers.

I am interested. Pictures and prices, please.
Thanks
Tom

Bedrock Royale 1x12 tube amp for sale $650 shipped

I have a Bedrock combo amp for sale. It'd an All tube, HAND CRAFTED masterpiece, Bedrock while they were still in business bridged the gap between Mass Produced and Botique.

The amp is in Excellent condition, 98% mint. I'm asking $650 shipped, which is a good price. Only about 100 of these amps were made, and are often compared to their higher priced Brothers like Bruno's, etc.

Email me at Mount_pleasant_iowa@hotmail.com if interested. Thank you - Matthew

PRS Custom 22 Wiring

I need the wiring diagram to a PRS Custom 22. Please e-mail:soccerherm@hotmail.com or
s/n:BigHeed87
Anything to help will be appreciated, thanks.

Bridge/tailpiece for 1964 Gibson SG Special

I'm looking for a one-piece wraparound bridge/tailpiece for the 1964 Gibson SG Special I've
just acquired. I purchased the guitar with the bridge/tailpiece missing...the studs are there, but no bridge. Anybody know where I might locate one?
Thanks...Sam

Re: Bridge/tailpiece for 1964 Gibson SG Special

: I'm looking for a one-piece wraparound bridge/tailpiece for the 1964 Gibson SG Special I've
: just acquired. I purchased the guitar with the bridge/tailpiece missing...the studs are there, but no bridge. Anybody know where I might locate one?
: Thanks...Sam

Sam...Try out www.stewmac.com/ they have tons of stuff for building guitars from the ground up. They have several models...one being for a Gibson LP Jr that may work for $17.99!

Good Luck!

Guitarguy

Re: Bridge/tailpiece for 1964 Gibson SG Special

I'm hoping to find an original replacement...used, vintage, no repro.
Thanks,
Sam

Marshall MG15 DFX

Hey there,
I am just looking for some help finding some settings for my amp,the afore mentioned Marshall MG15 DFX...I have the four basic settings that came with my manual but I would like other settings such as blues,ska,country and funk,rhythm and blues etc. etc.If you can help I would be greatly indebted to you and i would appreciate it completely...Thanx again....

Need a wiring schematic for my Ibanez RG470 (L)

Need a wiring schematic for my Ibanez RG470 (L)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need a wiring schematic for my Ibanez RG470 (L)

Slide Guitar Forum

Any sliders out there, or potential sliders, there's a new forum dedicated to slide and bottleneck guitar at http://www.bottleneckguitar.com

All kinds of tips and tricks being discussed there already, but we need more members!!

Kirk

help me plz sum 1

hey im 14 and i really wanna learn da guitar has any 1 got any tips as i can only just hold a guitar!!! plz post bk plz lvs kay xxxxxxxxx

Guitar lessons/ teacher

hey
Either you wanna get a guitar teacher or find one of those "teach yourself guitar" books.
Finding a teacher is pretty easy. Go to your local music shop and they shoudl be able to give you some contacts. Or ask at your school/ college in the music department, they should have some idea. Lessons are great as teachers help you loads but can be expensive (i used to pay £8 per half hour, woah). Or find a friend who has lessons locally and get them to help ya.
If you have friends who play the guitar, ask them to help ya out, most people are flattered to be asked, don't be shy!
Or teach yourself, using books or stuff on the net. Or try a combination of some lessons to get ya started and then teach yourself.
You need to have your own guitar really, are you doing electric/ acoustic? i recommend acoustic to start with as most people start with them and also they are simpler than electrics and cheaper.
G

Fender Paisley Stratocaster

Hey!

Does anyone know where I can buy a Fender pink paisley Stratocaster? Thanks!

Cheryl

Re: Fender Paisley Stratocaster

: Hey!

: Does anyone know where I can buy a Fender pink paisley Stratocaster? Thanks!

Cheryl...Whoa! A real Fender re-issue will cost you but someone mentioned that Fenders Squire Series may be coming out with one soon.

Try typing Fender paisley guitar into a search engine and see what comes up. You can also try www.musiciansfriend.com to take a look. Supposedly there were only two real "Paisleys" made by Fender. Gary Burton of the Guess Who has one and Jimi Hendrix had the other...so the story goes.

Good Luck in your search.

Guitarguy

i'd go for the Squire series, Squires are damn nice guitars. the true paisleys are beautiful; but they'd cost you real real bad. Check the Fender site www.fender.com i think. Or post a msg on their forum board, if they have one.

: : Hey!

: : Does anyone know where I can buy a Fender pink paisley Stratocaster? Thanks!

: Cheryl...Whoa! A real Fender re-issue will cost you but someone mentioned that Fenders Squire Series may be coming out with one soon.

: Try typing Fender paisley guitar into a search engine and see what comes up. You can also try www.musiciansfriend.com to take a look. Supposedly there were only two real "Paisleys" made by Fender. Gary Burton of the Guess Who has one and Jimi Hendrix had the other...so the story goes.

: Good Luck in your search.

: Guitarguy

i have a paisley pink strat that i bought in the early eighties brand new of course which iam very proud of of course

: : : Hey!

: : : Does anyone know where I can buy a Fender pink paisley Stratocaster? Thanks!

I can get you one. E-mail me at will.walsh@mannysmusic.com

Hope I can help!
Will

: : Cheryl...Whoa! A real Fender re-issue will cost you but someone mentioned that Fenders Squire Series may be coming out with one soon.
i never thought that i would even dream of parting with this beauty, but due to my ex-wife and the IRS
i guess i don't have a choice. my pink paisley strat was made in 85-86 and is in MINT condition. in fact, my uncle mike rabon had a band in the late 60's called the Five Americans. they had one top 5 hit "Western Union" which was in the soundtrack of "Vanilla Sky" along with 2-3 other top 50 tunes. in any event, the band members are doing a reunion gig on march 15th at southeastern oklahoma state university, where the band was formed in 1966. mike will be playing the pink paisley. before i put this thing on e-bay let me know if you are interested

: : Try typing Fender paisley guitar into a search engine and see what comes up. You can also try www.musiciansfriend.com to take a look. Supposedly there were only two real "Paisleys" made by Fender. Gary Burton of the Guess Who has one and Jimi Hendrix had the other...so the story goes.

: : Good Luck in your search.

: : Guitarguy

: i have a paisley pink strat that i bought in the early eighties brand new of course which iam very proud of of course

i aint found 1 any where, only pics, but i have found a bass if anyone is looking for tht, just to confirm they do exist!!!

: : Cheryl...Whoa! A real Fender re-issue will cost you but someone mentioned that Fenders Squire Series may be coming out with one soon.
i never thought that i would even dream of parting with this beauty, but due to my ex-wife and the IRS
i guess i don't have a choice. my pink paisley strat was made in 85-86 and is in MINT condition. in fact, my uncle mike rabon had a band in the late 60's called the Five Americans. they had one top 5 hit "Western Union" which was in the soundtrack of "Vanilla Sky" along with 2-3 other top 50 tunes. in any event, the band members are doing a reunion gig on march 15th at southeastern oklahoma state university, where the band was formed in 1966. mike will be playing the pink paisley. before i put this thing on e-bay let me know if you are interested

: : Try typing Fender paisley guitar into a search engine and see what comes up. You can also try www.musiciansfriend.com to take a look. Supposedly there were only two real "Paisleys" made by Fender. Gary Burton of the Guess Who has one and Jimi Hendrix had the other...so the story goes.

: : Good Luck in your search.

: : Guitarguy

: i have a paisley pink strat that i bought in the early eighties brand new of course which iam very proud of of course

: HEY!! My daughter is DYING for one of these! I can't affortd the $500 they want for one....Still have it for sale??
Email me at Mike_Elvis@yahoo.com

Thanks!!
: : : Cheryl...Whoa! A real Fender re-issue will cost you but someone mentioned that Fenders Squire Series may be coming out with one soon.
: i never thought that i would even dream of parting with this beauty, but due to my ex-wife and the IRS
: i guess i don't have a choice. my pink paisley strat was made in 85-86 and is in MINT condition. in fact, my uncle mike rabon had a band in the late 60's called the Five Americans. they had one top 5 hit "Western Union" which was in the soundtrack of "Vanilla Sky" along with 2-3 other top 50 tunes. in any event, the band members are doing a reunion gig on march 15th at southeastern oklahoma state university, where the band was formed in 1966. mike will be playing the pink paisley. before i put this thing on e-bay let me know if you are interested

: : : Try typing Fender paisley guitar into a search engine and see what comes up. You can also try www.musiciansfriend.com to take a look. Supposedly there were only two real "Paisleys" made by Fender. Gary Burton of the Guess Who has one and Jimi Hendrix had the other...so the story goes.

: : : Good Luck in your search.

: : : Guitarguy

: : i have a paisley pink strat that i bought in the early eighties brand new of course which iam very proud of of course

Alto Music in Middletown NY has one for $500.00. It is made in Japan with a maple neck. I played it today and it is beautiful. The japanese strats are fantastic compared to the mexicans. The neck is fantastic as is the guitar itself.

: : Hey!

: : Does anyone know where I can buy a Fender pink paisley Stratocaster? Thanks!

: Cheryl...Whoa! A real Fender re-issue will cost you but someone mentioned that Fenders Squire Series may be coming out with one soon.

: Try typing Fender paisley guitar into a search engine and see what comes up. You can also try www.musiciansfriend.com to take a look. Supposedly there were only two real "Paisleys" made by Fender. Gary Burton of the Guess Who has one and Jimi Hendrix had the other...so the story goes.

You can look on music123.com

I have a pink paisley in mint perfect condition, I will
sell it, If the price is rite. It is a fender strat re-issue Japan Made, plays great an sounds great. E-mail me if insterested. prestonhiggenbottom@talkamerica.net

: I have a pink paisley in mint perfect condition, I will
: sell it, If the price is rite. It is a fender strat re-issue Japan Made, plays great an sounds great. E-mail me if interested. prestonhiggenbottom@talkamerica.net

yes..you can buy one at music world in the eaststreet centre in southampton!! its £649!!

: Hey im lookin for a pink paisley guitar...ne one kno where i can find one?

: Hey!

: Does anyone know where I can buy a Fender pink paisley Stratocaster? Thanks!

: Cheryl

I have one for sale. Brand new, never gigged with. 600.00 firm. Plus shipping. Email me. They are getting hard to find.

how much is my guitar

ive got a 1977 csl les paul copy, tobacco sunburst, i know its not worth that much but bought it for £50,after looking on the net it was £90 in 1977,please advise?!

Re: how much is my guitar

: ive got a 1977 csl les paul copy, tobacco sunburst, i know its not worth that much but bought it for £50,after looking on the net it was £90 in 1977,please advise?!
---

Andrew send me a foto as I think it might be worth something

Re: how much is my guitar

: ive got a 1977 csl les paul copy, tobacco sunburst, i know its not worth that much but bought it for £50,after looking on the net it was £90 in 1977,please advise?!
sorry if i sound a bit thick but i have a csl les paul copy (black with black scratch plate)how can you tell the age i didnt buy it new it was handed down to me when my uncle passed on

yamaha 1221...812

I WANT THESE GUITARS>>SO PLEASE HELP>>THANKS>>>>>>

Re: yamaha 1221...812

: I WANT THESE GUITARS>>SO PLEASE HELP>>THANKS>>>>>>, i want to know the price and characteristics

peavey xxl settings

does anyone out there at all have any idea how to set the peavey xxl up for a van halen tone or at least get close to it?thanks

Re: peavey xxl settings

yeah dude Put your gain completely up and get a chorus pedal and as your gain use the high gain channel then you have the Zakk Wylde/halen tone not that difficult and put your mid at about 4 your high at 6 and you should be good

metallica settings

i found alot of settings that sound kinda like metallica but when i crank it the tone changes.what should i put the settings on for about 8 in volume?

Re: metallica settings

For older Metallica sounds (anything before the Black Album), I just take out all the midrange frequencies while keeping the bass around 8 and the treble around 10. For newer Metallica sounds (from the Black Album on), what you want to do is set the bass at 9 or 10, the midrange at 6, and the treble at 7 or 8. Boosting the midrange will thicken your sound and make it crunchier. Experiment with those settings and see where it takes you. But for me, the secret is the midrange frequency.

USA Great Guitar players

Looks like your list excludes Glen Campbell.
Even though he was a loud noisy metal guitar player,
He is probably,just as versatile as any of the ones on the list.
He was a session player for many years before he went solo.

Hilgen Basso 25

Hilgen Basso 25

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hilgen Basso 25

Loose rosette

ive only just bought my guitr and it looks really good but the rosette is very loose and it makes a buzzing noise when i play, is it okay to just glue the rosette back down!

use woodglue?

Yeah i would think that would be fine, use wood glue and hold it down in place to be sure it gles firm. Make sure it doesn't smear on the external woodwork, you might get a mark where its dried. Use the wood glue stuff which is kinda multi purpose (doesn't specify guitar repairs tho i don't think but don't see why not)
if you've only just bought it, take it back to the place you got it and ask them if they can help, its only fair of them.

Bigsby for ES 335?

Is there a tremolo that i can't retrofit to my 1977 es335 (trapeze tailpiece) that does not require drilling additional holes?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.