Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Yamaha Classical G255SII worth?

It's in top top shape, ballpark worth? Where should I sell it-ebay? Thanks.

supro ranchero guitar value

hi...any one know how much a supro ranchero hollow body electric is worth in good condition ?
thanks,
rob.

Re: supro ranchero guitar value

Depending on condition/original parts and finish etc. could be worth up to $600 or so.

Re: supro sahara

hey any one know how much a supro guitars worth in good condition my siss will sell it

crate GX-600H a mystery head!

crate GX-600H  a mystery head!

This popular thread has been given its own page : crate GX-600H a mystery head!

Mossman Guitar: Wanted!

Wanted!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mossman Guitar: Wanted!

What type?

If I want to buy a guitar that would make sounds close to the one that Sting's Nothing like the sun, song, Fragile which Stings plays what would all of you experts recommend? Classical Acustic - with 6 or 12 strings, what maker? with mic? Thanks much. I got the music in me...

Belcat guitar?

Hi,has anyone ever heard of a Belcat Guitar?I have one that was given to me as a Birthday present,but i can't find out anything about it.It is a thinbody hollow electric.Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,David

Re: Belcat guitar?

hi david, we have the same unkown guitar its a belcat thinbody electric ea303 ...like the ovation modell. it would be nice if you or someone else
can give us information .

free download video/movie jazz

free download video/movie jazz
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/gabrielesax/
Thanks
Gabriele Martufi Gabriele

Westone Guitars

Westone Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Westone Guitars

Wiring for POD foot controller?

Hi,

I have an old marshall channel switcher that I would like to modify into a pedal for my POD..anybody have the wiring diagram around there? Thanks a lot!

having a little trouble

i just got a new electric guitar/amp package. everything worked fine for a few days...but now when i plug in, i get nothing. (the volume is up, the amp is plugged in etc.) i can't figure out what it wrong...is it just a crappy cord, or is it something else. Any help would be great. thanks.

Re: having a little trouble

To test it out, you can do a few things...
1. To test the amp: Plug the cord into the amp, turn on the amp and turn the volume up a bit (say halfway). Grab the plug that would go into the guitar with your hand. It should make a buzzing sound if the amp is working. (I'm not trying to electrocute you, its perfectly safe).
2. To test the guitar: Try to borrow a friend's amp, take your guitar to a friend's house that has an amp, or take your guitar to a local music store and see if they'll let you plug into one of theirs to see if its your guitar that's not functioning.

3. To test the cord: If 1 and 2 check out ok, it's probably the cord. Buy a new one.

Slipknot setting for a Marshall Jackhammer pedal

Slipknot setting for a Marshall Jackhammer pedal

This popular thread has been given its own page : Slipknot setting for a Marshall Jackhammer pedal

Do I have to drill into my new Gibson to put on a pick guard??

i torn in the situation, i would like, not to have to put any holes in my "baby". is there any possibility of this. and if i have to drill holes, who should i take it to to get it done?

Re: Do I have to drill into my new Gibson to put on a pick guard??

If this guitar is an acoustic. You will not have to drill holes. If you drill holes, you should drill a few in your head while you're at it. If it's an electric, you may have to, but why bother?

How to learn the guitar

I am a love guitar of student. But i don't know how to learn the guitar. Can you suggest me? Thank you
so much.

Re: How to learn the guitar

: I am a love guitar of student. But i don't know how to learn the guitar. Can you suggest me? Thank you
: so much.

Find a good teacher in your town. There is no substitute for good quality instruction, especially when you are beginning.

HELLO earth to fucking ZOE: I am a love guitar of student. But i don't know how to learn the guitar. Can you suggest me? Thank you
: so much.
I suggest you take like a fricking GED course or some shit like that.

: HELLO earth to fucking ZOE: I am a love guitar of student. But i don't know how to learn the guitar. Can you suggest me? Thank you
: : so much.
: I suggest you take like a fricking GED course or some shit like that.

Wow, smart guy, you're a fricking dumb ass, no one asked you what you thought of her grammar, just about the guitar. Fag.

ovation elite 1768

How can I get the value of my guitar.

Re: ovation elite 1768

I also am searching for the value of an Elite 1768, no luck so far, but the guitar is amazing.

elite ovation 1768

elite ovation 1768

This popular thread has been given its own page : elite ovation 1768

1962 Harmony Stratotone 1p/u & knobs

I need advice on wher eI can get a new pickup or enhance the on ethat I have now. It works but is somewhat diminished in its effectiveness. As well, i would like to know what the knobs looked like on my model. I don't know if they are original or not? I have a 1 p/u, tortoise guard 3 knob . natural color with ivory edging front and back. And could anybody help me with what it may be worth? Its in great shape ( no scratches ) Thanks for you help

Re: 1962 Harmony Stratotone 1p/u & knobs

I've had one of those guitars for years and just now found out what it was. The pickup is supposed to be a DeArmond, but I couldn't tell you where to find one or how to fix it. Mine works great. Do you still have the guitar? The knobs on mine are "knurled" -- little ridges running down the sides.

anybody know the maker?

anybody know the maker?

This popular thread has been given its own page : anybody know the maker?

aria AO model 73 classical guitar

hi. has anyone ever heard of an Aria AO - 73 classical 6-string guitar. i've had one for years and never could find out anything about it not even from Aria. i'm wondering when it was made, what people think of it, and how much it might be worth. just out of curiousity. thanks. bye.

Guitar Pro 4.0 Demo crack

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

: Hi to all! I'm looking for a <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Guitar Pro 4.0</B> Demo crack that can enable me to print the scores.
: Thanx in advance.

sound for solo

Please i'm not able to find the right sound for play solo like timo tolki.I have a korg ax1g and someone can you send me a patches of a sound a little bit sweet like Stratovarius for make solo!Please i need it!

Memorizing the guitar fretboard

Anyone working at memorizing your fretboard should check out the Fretboard Warrior program. I've been doing this since a while and I've already doubled my speed. It's fun and it's free.

where do i find it?

where do i find it?

Fender Bandmaster Amp 2x12 , 1964 Vintage

Fender Bandmaster Amp 2x12 , 1964 Vintage

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender Bandmaster Amp 2x12 , 1964 Vintage

how do i change my guitar strings

i have a squire strat. and i would like to know what kinda of strings should i get and how can i change me strings. tank you

Re: how do i change my guitar strings

Go with nine's...remove the original strings...put the new ones in with the opposite procedure

: Go with nine's...remove the original strings...put the new ones in with the opposite procedure

Something that I've found that helps, that most new players aren't aware of when changing strings. I try to get as many wind's around the tuning peg as I can, without over lapping them. This will help your tuning stability, especially if you have a tremelo/whammy. Also, changing your strings is also a great time to clean, polish and check the guitar itself! You can purchase stuff like "Martin Guitar Polish" or other brands, but I've found over the years that "Old English" funature polish works the best. If your guitar has a rosewood or ebony fretboard, its also a good time to oil your fretboard a little (depending on how often you change your strings, you may not want to do this -every- time, but its a good time to inspect). You may also want to check out www.Fender.com and look under the "Mr Gearhead" stuff...there's allot of other helpful DIY info there, you should find very useful.

For string sizes themselves, there is no right or wrong size...its all a matter of personal taist. If your new to playing, you may want to stick with 8's or 9's as they are -allot- easier on new fingers with little or new calluses :-) However, if your looking for better tone, then 10's or 11's may be in order...the thicker the string, the better the sound usually. One thing to keep in mind if you do change sizes...you will probably also need to check/reset the intonation. This is done by adjusting the saddles under the strings at the bridge...you can find more info about this also at the Fender/Mr. Gearhead website. Fender bullets are pretty good strings if you have a Strat or strat copy, however personally, I am a long time fan of GHS "Boomers"...they seem to have a nice balance between tone and durability. Anytime I've ever tried some other brand of strings, I always have come back to the boomers...but this is a personal taist thing as well.

Good luck and gentle breezes towards the future!
Jim

how do I put in a guitar string?

Recently, one of my band members decided to customize my guitar. He took one string out, and now it has 5 strings and not 6. I'm trying to put the first string back in the guitar, but I don't know how. He didn't show me how to put it back in either. I need some help, badly, because my guitar sounds horrible with the first string gone.

how do i put on a string!

Ok, I broke the lower E string and i dont no how to put a new one in!

I have a Jay turser guitar I would like to know how to change my strings they are EXL 110 also are nickel wound.

: i have a Egmund. and i would like to know what kinda of strings should i get and how can i change me strings. tank you

: i have a squier strat, and i would like to know what kind of strings should i get and how can i change them.
thank you

: : i have a squier strat, and i would like to know what kind of strings should i get and how can i change them.
: thank you
u shoulkd get booby strings there squishy

: : i have a squier strat, and i would like to know how can i change them.

: : i have a squier strat, and i would like to know how i can change the strings

how do i scoop the mids out of my amp

i have a marshall sl-x 50 watt high gain head 4\12 cab my guitar epiphone v i use a d.o.d 7 band e.q pedal my distortion sucks my overall tone sucks please help me find the death metal grind.the d.o.d doesnt help.i also have a korg g-3 distortion processor that sounds o.k at low volume. please let me know something thanks yohaun

Re: how do i scoop the mids out of my amp

: i have a marshall sl-x 50 watt high gain head 4\12 cab my guitar epiphone v i use a d.o.d 7 band e.q pedal my distortion sucks my overall tone sucks please help me find the death metal grind.the d.o.d doesnt help.i also have a korg g-3 distortion processor that sounds o.k at low volume. please let me know something thanks yohaun

Hi Yohaun
First of all Marshall`s ain`t what ther cracked up to be.But to solve this problem iI would go back to basics,Guitar and amp nothing else.See what you can get out of amp and guitar make sure your using a guitar cord not speaker cable this has burned me before.I would take a hard look at pickups were you want death metal put a bad ass pickup in that puppy.
Now to solve the d.o.d. problem a sutable trash can will do no insult intended this is serious stuff to us guitar players.I would recomend a all tube preamp
i don`t now every company that makes them but Dan at lustone.com makes one that kicks ass this will take away some crapy sounds being made by solid state preamps.I find that most effects hurt the mids so i just plug my guitar into my boogie and wind her up.But i`m not after metal crunch .Don`t get sucked into boogie/marshall preamps they may claim to be tube but they lie just a littel.Give dan a call .

Bob tremontguitars.com

BEATLE TABS

Does anyone have Cayenne,besume mucho, and my bonnie?

Re: BEATLE TABS

does anyone have "3 kool kats" and "the sheik of araby"

Alvarez Model 5031

Could anyone tell me a price for an Alvarez Acoustic Guitar model 5031?? if you know... e-mail me at Boots4443@aol.com and title it "Model 5031" thanks!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.