Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

made in china

The guitar that i have was made in china but it plays and looks great(it is a Johnson guitar).I was wondering if any other brand is made in china and if they are, are they of bad quality? It just sort of bothered me because my guitar is really nice but it was made in china. does it matter?

Re: made in china

: The guitar that i have was made in china but it plays and looks great(it is a Johnson guitar).I was wondering if any other brand is made in china and if they are, are they of bad quality? It just sort of bothered me because my guitar is really nice but it was made in china. does it matter?

I just bought a Johnson resonator guitar, made in China. I live in Japan and can't find any information anywhere about the Johnson Company. Who are they? Where are they based?

Greetings Mr. Johnson Guitar owner,

I believe I understand your concerns about a product made in China. Your guitar looks and plays to good to be true. I purchased a Johnson (JT-800_ Telecaster on line @ auction. The unit was near perfect. I took it to my local guitar shop. The guitar was set up Professionally, for me. This guitar is awesome. I have another guitar brand that was purchased new. That does not sound half as good as this Taiwan made instrument. After having said that. Let's look at a few issues. Most of us would like a name brand $2000.00 + guitar. However most of do not want to put out the big bucks. :-) Your guitar was made by a craftsman using the mold of that famous guitar model it replicates. Most likely the only issues that will surface is to have your instrument set up for your playing style. Maybe upgrade the tuning machines or selector switch if you are having trouble. Then all you have to do is ROCK ON! The money you saved can be invested in a good american amp and maybe a hard case for your new Baby. Note: Free China is an ally of the United States. We need all of the allies we can get. Even the famous "Fender Guitar Brand", has a specific model made in China. :-) CHECK IT OUT ON LINE TODAY!

Enjoy your new toy!

Sincerely,

Larry Griffin
www.logos-financial.com

: The guitar that i have was made in china but it plays and looks great(it is a Johnson guitar).I was wondering if any other brand is made in china and if they are, are they of bad quality? It just sort of bothered me because my guitar is really nice but it was made in china. does it matter?

yeah, got a cheap TGM model C3 classical w/o trust rod for Singapore $150 sounds great n loud with good resonance. from the dealer he told me that TGM means The Music Man - originated in USA n now made in China ??? in another guitar shop in my country, they display a look-alike National resophonic single cone at the 12th fret n it's going at Singapore $950. this is my first encounter with a national or steel dobro (look-alike or original)can someone tells me if the price is worth... note: US $1 abt S$ 1.73

James Lau-Singapore

I'm a retired pro musician and have been playing guitar for nearly 40 years now and I recently acquired a Fender Squire Telecaster that has 'Crafted in China' on the back of the headstock. The guitar is far from being a cheap, bottom-line student model! It is extremely well-built and the quality is that of a top-of-the-line model in both looks and sound. I compared it to an American-made '52 Telecaster reissue and the only noticable difference between the two was the US model's much, much higher price tag. It just goes to show that money doesn't always buy the best. So, don't let the 'Made in China' put you off buying a well made guitar.

http://www.axlusa.com/Html/axl_english.html

this is the home web site of AXL they make those amps and guitars. took me 3 days to find it please pass it on to others.

Ibanez Artist - SN/I815773

Ibanez Artist - SN/I815773

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez Artist - SN/I815773

playing again

What is the best way to set-up a recording studio on my computer. I have a strat with an ivl da converter.
A fender electric classical. I'm looking for advice on a simple method of recording vocals, bass & guitar tracks.

thanks....Happy New Year to All :)

IBANEZ RG750

IBANEZ RG750

This popular thread has been given its own page : IBANEZ RG750

`Collecting guitars

I want to start collecting guitars, new and vintage for appreciation in value, as well as for my own personal playing enjoyment. What brands and models are best bets for appreciation over the years. Is there a publication that traces historically the increase in value of guitars. Thanks for any imput.

Re: `Collecting guitars

There is a great website that gives insight into collectiblitly of various guitars both electric, acoustic, hollowbody electric etc. It is www.provide.net/~cfh This guy knows everything. As for starting a collection. Try to decide what you want in terms of what you would actually play. My biggest problem as a collector is I have a bunch of guitars that I never want to play. I'm finding that I'd rather have four or five really really nice vintage guitars that I play all the time than have 12 that sit and collect dust while I only play two or three. Hope this helps!

Re: `Collecting guitars

Got to be honest here, unless you have *serious* money (and I mean you're willing to invest more than your mortgage into this), the traditional 'collectors' guitars are just out of the question, if you're just starting today. The collecting community is by tradition very narrow in focus, and to collect today (without eye-watering investment levels) you need to break away from tradition.

First, decide why you're doing it. If you just want to do it for the money, you're probably looking at the wrong hobby. If you'e a player, then you ought to look at collecting a category that you like to play so that you can get playing pleasure from your investment.

Without knowing your area of interest (electric, acoustic, bass, etc etc) it's a bit hard to be specific - but take the collecting communities opinion on what is and isn't collectible with a grain of salt.

Hope this helps,
Andy

Never matters!

If it plays good and you like it,,,,, who cares!!!

regarding free download songs

dear sir,
as per above subject matter, please free download songs.
wish you happy new year
thanking you
vijaya

regarding free download songs

dear sir,
as per above subject matter, please i want free download hindi songs.
wish you happy new year
thanking you
vijaya

Re: regarding free download songs

: dear sir,
: as per above subject matter, please i want free download hindi songs.
: wish you happy new year
: thanking you
: vijaya

I need some songs

Can you please get some songs in by 'MAYUMI IIZUKA'? She is a very talented Japanese artist and I have some of her songs already which I will give you. Please try. From Narishika Hasegawa (merageshugu@hotmail.com)

: kamal

: : dear sir,
: : as per above subject matter, please i want free download hindi songs.
: : wish you happy new year
: : thanking you
: : vijaya

: : : dear sir,
: : : as per above subject matter, please i want free download hindi songs.
: : : wish you happy new year
: : : thanking you
: : : vijaya

: : : : : dear sir,
: : : : : as per above subject matter, please i want free download english hits songs.
: : : : : wish you happy new year
: : : : : thanking you
: : : : : vijaya

: : : : : : dear sir,
: : : : : : as per above subject matter, please i want free download english hits songs.
: : : : : : wish you happy new year
: : : : : : thanking you
: : : : : : vijaya

: : : : : : dear sir,
: : : : : : as per above subject matter, please i want free download english hits songs.
: : : : : : wish you happy new year
: : : : : : thanking you
: : : : : : vijaya

: manav gulathi

: kishor

free download songs

: I want free download songs, please give me reply.
Thanks in advance

: nitin

: adila

: : as per above subject matter, please i want free download hindi song
have a nice day
Thanking you
adila

: : : dear sir,
: : : as per above subject matter, please i want free download hindi song
: have a nice day
: Thanking you
pari
:

: maniisha

: : as per above subject matter, please i want free download hindi songs.
: : wish you happy new year
: : thanking you
: : krishna

Aria Pro II mdel#4120033

I have the above listed model Aria Pro II (no other name on the neck). It has 1 "3-wire" HB, n 2 S/C p/ups (bar type-no name, no individual screw settings), 1 500K volume, 1 500K push/pull tone which also acts as a tap switch, a 5 position slide switch and a pickguard mounted input jack.., Strat style body painted gloss black w/flat black pickguard, and a Kahler "Flyer" tailpiece. The tailpiece looks to be factory on the body, but appears to be aftermarket (although it is by Kahler) for the lockdown on the headstock with a plastic spacer between it and the neck. It's flat and mounted to a curved surface which makes me doubt it ever came from the factory this way. The stap bolts are brass with white plasdtic washers (e washers each).

I'm trying to find out when it was made, the type/model, and whether it's the original hardware, the price, collector's value, etc. The bridge was missing parts, but luckily I found "suitable" replacements for 2 and "homemade" the other. But, without the exact replacements the tailpiece is only about 90% adjustable. I would like to hook it up right. Can anyone help?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.