Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Speaker info needed

Is anyone familiar with the FANE AX12-100W speaker and the JENSEN C12K 100W speaker?
Can you describe how these speakers sound? Would they be good for playing Blues?
Any info would be of great help. Thanks

Schematics

WHERE THE HELL CAN GET THE WIREING DIAGRAM FOR A STANDARD JACKSON ELECTRIC 2 SINGLE ONE HUMBUCKER???

Re: Schematics

i can't tell you where to get the exact jackson schematic from jackson but if you go to seymourduncan.com you can find a schematic for that configuration. i think they have their schematics under "support" and follow the links.

virtual amp

I'm looking for a virtual amp to be downloaded any suggestions on websites

Re: virtual amp

: I'm looking for a virtual amp to be downloaded any suggestions on websites

Re: virtual amp

ReValver is A very awsum virtual guitar amp I found it on Google it has A free download can be used to simulate fender,Tube amps,reverb,echo, many presets. Have fun with it I do...........http://www.alienconnections.com

AMP AND GUITAR HELP!!!!!!!

Im not sure which amp or guitar to buy, i play in a baand and play lots of gigs. should i buy a mesa boogie triple rectifier or a marshall avt150 head and which speaker, marshall jcm 900 speaker or mesa recto cab? As for guitars im either going to buy a prs mccarty or a les paul standard? please help me consider a choice!

Re: AMP AND GUITAR HELP!!!!!!!

what kind of music do you play? and what kind of sound are you looking for?

i just want to know the basics so i can play!!

hi, im currently teaching myself guitar and ive recently been collecting music tabs from my admired bands and i'd just like to know how to read these tabs just even something telling me what the numbers mean..it's all a blurr at this moment and makes no sense, please help
from stella

Re: i just want to know the basics so i can play!!

Basically you have six lines on paper representing each of the six strings on your guitar. Looking straight at the paper the bottom most line represents your low E string (which is the thickest string at the top of the guitar, closest to you head when you hold the guitar) and the top most represents your high E string (which is thinist string at the bottom closest to your feet when you hold the guitar). The numbers represent which fret to hold.

-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
---5- This would indicate that you fret the E string at the 5th fret...timing is sometimes indicated but usually you just have to know the song for timing. All of the other symbols represent things like palm muting, vibrato, bending, hammers on or pulling off...I would recommend that you go to www.olga.net and read their section on how to read tab.

what should i do?

i want to buy a bass guitar and i want to know if i should first buy the bass guitar then learn the notes or first learn how to read the notes then buy the guitar

george harrison's effects

Could someone tell me wich effect does George use or how does he do to get that sound in most of his solos?
Thanks

Re: george harrison's effects

There are some really good beatles books that cover this question. You should look them up on amazon and then see if they're available in your local library.

: Could someone tell me wich effect does George use or how does he do to get that sound in most of his solos?
: Thanks

can any 1 recommend some easy tab

hi im an absolute beginner, i can play a few riffs like the beatles daytripper,nirvana come as you are , can any1 recommend any other good easy tabs please

Re: can any 1 recommend some easy tab

Are ya into chords or more "solo" stuff?
Check out http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ to look for songs that you know and can play!
Neil Young's "Driveby" is a beautiful, easy song.

There's lot's of songs out there they're just hard to find. Here's some of the ones I know that are pretty easy: Closing time by semisonic; all I can do is write about it Lynard skynard; free falling by tom petty; If not for you, by bob dylan; Take it easy by The eagles; Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet; Run Around by Blues Travelers; Southren Cross CSNY; Not you bottle and Heroin is so passe by the dandy warhols. Let me know if you want any more.
hope these help your search and If you get any good one could you let me know? that'd be great! Good Luck!

It depends on how easy you want them? This was a great starter site for me, it only has a few riffs but I found them effective.

http://www.easy-guitar-tabs.com/

Hope you enjoy :)

sure, I am a beginner and I learned a lot of my chords and strumming with American pie. It's not super easy as in there are lots of chord changes but the chords that are in it are pretty easy to learn and reach without having to bar anything.

Boss JS5 Jam Station

Boss JS5 Jam Station

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss JS5 Jam Station

Does anyone have any maton mastersound pics?

if you do please e-mail me with them, im looking for a new mastersound but i cant decide what colour to get it...any help'd be truly appreciated

cheers.

music

http://guitarman.asenovgrad.net

Epiphone les paul problem HELP!!

Can anyone help me with this set-up problem?
I have been the proud owner of said guitar for about two years now and it has been a joy to play for all that time. Recently ,however, a little niggling fault has occured that I can't seem to get rid of.
In standard tuning when you strum all the open strings the guitar sounds fine. The problem occurs when you fret the 3rd string (g string). A horrible harmonic sounds with the note, which sound absolutly disgusting when amplified (kind of flat). Interestingly the string sounds fine when not fretted or fretted from the 7th fret up.
Any ideas or solutions wil be very much appriciated.

Re: Epiphone les paul problem HELP!!

without seeing the instrument it sounds like your neck's not straight. i have an ibanez with a screwed up neck and it fret buzzez really bad from the first to the fourth frets. the rest of the neck is fine. i actually started to write you a lenghty procedure but i reread it and decided i'm horrible at giving writen instructions. basically i would check out the straightness of the neck and see about doing a truss rod adjustment...have you had one done anytime soon? Also, check for wear on the underside of the strings in the fret region, too much wear can throw off the harmonics.

: Can anyone help me with this set-up problem?
: I have been the proud owner of said guitar for about two years now and it has been a joy to play for all that time. Recently ,however, a little niggling fault has occured that I can't seem to get rid of.
: In standard tuning when you strum all the open strings the guitar sounds fine. The problem occurs when you fret the 3rd string (g string). A horrible harmonic sounds with the note, which sound absolutly disgusting when amplified (kind of flat). Interestingly the string sounds fine when not fretted or fretted from the 7th fret up.
: Any ideas or solutions wil be very much appriciated.

HI sorry i fumbled my first message it could be two things.1)neck relief when you hold the string down at the first fret and the last there should be .007 to.010 gap arund the 8 th fret if not you could have a slight backbow easy to fix.however this should show up on more than one string but not always. 2)neck trist this is a harder fix but i have done many by just a fret relevel and recrown And a 3rd is a fret loose or lifting pull on the end of the fret up lightly to look for this.Good luck

Bob
tremontguitars.com

I love my les paul i've had it a year and a half and it WAS lovely to play. The problem is i also have a ibanez SA series and i play them both threw a marshall JTM60 combo. The ibanez, loads of distortion and a great sound. The les paul, same amp settings but hardly any distortion at all. also i tune it all all up perfectly fingerpick some bar chords and it sounds painful. i know the reason isn't my playing cos i do the same thing on my ibanez and it sounds perfect.
PLEASE HELP!!!

24 fretts les paul

can you have 24 fretts on a les paul guitar

appraisal

i have an sd curlee usa 6 string electric. bought new in the later 70's. excellent condition. just wanted to know the approx. value, and maybe a little history. thanx

Re: appraisal

This company was around from the mid seventies to early 80's. They're pretty unique guitars made mostly with cool woods and finishes. Some were built in illinois and others (labled sd curlee international were made in japan). They made about 12,000 basses and 3,000 guitars in the U.S. they're worth around $400 to $500 in good condition.

Re: appraisal

I have one that does not say SD Curlee on the headstock like one that my dad has. Mine says S.D. Curlee Design on the body (top). Any info about it? I could sure use some info. Thanks.

57 re-issue tele

i have a 57 reissue corvette red tele made in japan in mint condition which i purchased about ten years ago.....how much is it worth???????

price advice for second-hand Ibanez s-7420

price advice for second-hand Ibanez s-7420

This popular thread has been given its own page : price advice for second-hand Ibanez s-7420

Ibanez guitar set for sale!!!

Hello,
I have a new guitar set here for sale! I bought it for my son for christmas last year, and he did not use it at all! So im putting it up for sale! It is a black GIO
6 string Ibanez guitar! Has wammi bar! Everything is in place! No scratches! Comes with strap! Has guitar stand!I also have a brand spankin new Peavey amp! It's a RAGE 158! Comes with 2 also brand new plugs! I will throw in About 30 pics! They are EBE pics! EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW! Im looking to get around 365.00 OBO for all of this brand new equipment! Email me for pictures!
thank you!

Re: Ibanez guitar set for sale!!!

: Hello,
: I have a new guitar set here for sale! I bought it for my son for christmas last year, and he did not use it at all! So im putting it up for sale! It is a black GIO
: 6 string Ibanez guitar! Has wammi bar! Everything is in place! No scratches! Comes with strap! Has guitar stand!I also have a brand spankin new Peavey amp! It's a RAGE 158! Comes with 2 also brand new plugs! I will throw in About 30 pics! They are EBE pics! EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW! Im looking to get around 365.00 OBO for all of this brand new equipment! Email me for pictures!
: thank you!

Re: Ibanez guitar set for sale!!!

do you think you can send me some pictures of this set? thanx if you can!

Rouge Amplifiers?

Hwy does anyone know who makes Rogue Amplifiers, and if so is there a manufacturers site, and are they any good? I Have Heard Mixed Reviews

Rouge Amplifiers?

Hey does anyone know who makes Rogue Amplifiers, and if so is there a manufacturers site, and are they any good? I Have Heard Mixed Reviews

Re: Rouge Amplifiers?

It's some stupid Japanese company. they aren't very good, the gain isn't half of a Marshall. save your money and buy a gorilla amp they are sweet.

Re: Rouge Amplifiers?

Rogue are distributed by the Hana corporation out of Korea.The quality is that of a marshall mg-15 considering ther are bith made in the same warehouse using the same materials........

hey

I want to downlad songs and keep in my computer forever. so how can i do that Please email me Thank you very much for your time.

Re: hey

: I want to downlad songs and keep in my computer forever. I vant downlad songs now!!!

Guitar Boogie

Please let me know where I can get guitar tablature on this song for a lead guitar, in the Sydney district.
Thanking you. Plaese reply as soon as possible

Download

Hi,
I want to download hindi songs.
thanks
rasheda

Anyone plaing a guitar

i need just some good punk-rock(I prefere PUNK) guitar tabs
nothing else

Help me

I own a 1962 Epiphone Seville (classical guitar), how can I find out how much its worth.

1962 Epiphone Seville, anyone know its value???

Whats the value of this classical guitar. . .40 years old, has to have some value to it.

Re: 1962 Epiphone Seville, anyone know its value???

Could be worth up to $400 or $500 if its in good condition and all original.

I have a model s-30 seville any one know anything about it?

: Could be worth up to $400 or $500 if its in good condition and all original.

A gagillion billion zillion bucks, dude. It's worth so much it doesn't even exist.

Vox AC30 attach to another speaker cabinet?

Hi there!

I am looking to buy an AC-30 but was wondering, can I attach it to another cabinet like a 212 or a 412 and have all the speakers simultaneously working?

Please reply via email! is01davidt@hotmail.com

thanks!

David

"Faster playability"?

Hi everyone. I was learning some Malmsteen stuff, having a hard time. Someone recommended getting a guitar with "faster playability." What does that mean? What makes a guitar quicker to play? Frets? Type of neck? Thickness of neck? Curvature of fretboard??

What type of specs do fast players, like Malmsteen or Satriani or Vai use? Thanks much!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.