Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2002

Archive for posts from December, 2002

ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2001 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2000 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2000 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2000 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: i need help getting a picture of my guild

do you want to sell your guild? or perhaps trade for a laptop computer? please e-mail me, I am interested. Thanks

Re: i need help getting a picture of my guild

:I just need a guild from the medieval times

Kay spanish (?) guitar, model L2155 3500

We are looking for anyone who can give us any information about a guitar in our possession. It is a Kay guitar, looks like a spanish guitar, with the number L2155 3500. It has 6 strings, is almost a square neck (but not quite) and is pear shaped. If anyone can help us, please contact Penny or Dennis at pennysue@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Kay spanish (?) guitar, model L2155 3500

We are looking for anyone who can give us any information about a guitar in our possession. It is a Kay guitar, looks like a spanish guitar, with the number L2155 3500. It has 6 strings, is almost a square neck (but not quite) and is pear shaped. If anyone can help us, please contact Penny or Dennis at pennysue@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Re: Kay spanish (?) guitar, model L2155 3500

It sounds like you have a guitar.....possibly a six string......kind of pear shaped.

HELP ME.......SUM41 AMP

hello i really like the sound of the marshall that sum41 use in the song still waiting...well its probably in there old songs to but...anyway i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of marshall it is?

Re: HELP ME.......SUM41 AMP

hahahahahahahahaha sum41 sucks

they're better than the shit u listen to (eg:Prince/atomic fucking kitten)

fuck u, ya ass!!! u listen to shit like prince and eurotrash techno music

sum41 rockz!!!

sum41 nie sucks!!!!! jij sucks!!! sum41 rulez!!!yeahhhhh!!!!!!

Sum41 r the best band

yes the guy above is correct

sum41 really suck, dude!

: hello i really like the sound of the marshall that sum41 use in the song still waiting...well its probably in there old songs to but...anyway i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of marshall it is?

guitar

What kind of guitar is deryk(the lead singer)using in the fat lip video?

Re: guitar

Gibson S-1 Marauder

Help

I have a Strella Tokai Gakki classical guitar and was wondering how much it is worth if in good condition. Please email me if you have any idea. jjperico@mtu.edu

Help Identifying Ibanez Solid-body Electric

Hi,
I bought a used Ibanez solid-body electric in 1990. I've never been able to determine the model. It's most distinctive feature, beyond the very bright red color, is the triangular fret markers (not the double-tipped shark-tooth ones though).It has two single coil pick-ups (in the top and middle positions) and a humbucker near the bridge. It has a Floyd Rose tremelo. The phono jack is in the edge of the body rather than in the face. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard. If any one can help, please let me know. Thanks!

Mann electric guitars

I need information on a 1970's Mann electric guitar. Where can I get this information? I know they exist and other people have them. I need to know where this information is hidden. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mann electric guitars

all i know is they were made by Ibanze and i believe they were sued over them.

Mann electric guitars

Mann electric guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mann electric guitars

zoom 3030

zoom 3030

This popular thread has been given its own page : zoom 3030

Yamaha FG401 price

Yamaha FG401 price

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha FG401 price

framus star-bass

who can tell me more about this brand and type.
I have found one and want to know more about it

Re: framus star-bass

Built in Germany in the 60th by Framus Corp.
Is existing Star-Bass (with and without f-holes) or Star-Bass-Deluxe.
Each model has 2 different product lines.

framus star-bass

who can tell me more about this brand and type semi acoustic bass-guitar(its serialnumber is a-round 4400).I have found one en want to know more things like: buildingyear, prices, quality.

Re: framus star-bass

: who can tell me more about this brand and type semi acoustic bass-guitar(its serialnumber is a-round 4400).I have found one en want to know more things like: buildingyear, prices, quality.

It was used by Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones to create some of the bast bass lines in rock and roll history.

Zoom 606 patches

Zoom 606 patches

This popular thread has been given its own page : Zoom 606 patches

Guitar Strap...help!

Guitar Strap...help!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guitar Strap...help!

Alembic bass

Help, need to find out what a late 1980 all white alembic bass is worth. It is in great condition. Serial number is 87P46527.

Any help most appeciated. Thanks Kathy

Re: Alembic bass

: Help, need to find out what a late 1980 all white alembic bass is worth. It is in great condition. Serial number is 87P46527.

: Any help most appeciated. Thanks Kathy

Hi Kathy,

What I would do is contact Mica Wickersham at Alembic and speak with her about it. She deals with people selling used instruments and apprasials of such all the time. Having a solid color as the all white is uncommon, so it should have greater value. Also, it depends on if it is a customized or standard model.

I do realize that it has been a while since you have made this posting, so I hope this is still of use to you. If you still have it and are trying to sell it, please let me know, I may be interested in purchasing it. Either way, get back to me and let me know.

Thanks,

Ted

Hustler Hummingbird acoustic guitar

Hustler Hummingbird acoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hustler Hummingbird acoustic guitar

Sperzel Tuner Installation

On the box it says to put 2 washers on the back . why is in my box is there only enough washers for 3 tuner?

Re: Sperzel Tuner Installation

: On the box it says to put 2 washers on the back . why is in my box is there only enough washers for 3 tuner?

You only use two to line it up and to mark the locator pin holes. Use one washer per tuner to install.

Re: Sperzel Tuner Installation

use the tuners to make the imprints. once the marks are made, you can drill. dont drill or install until its all good to go.

: : On the box it says to put 2 washers on the back . why is in my box is there only enough washers for 3 tuner?

:
: You only use two to line it up and to mark the locator pin holes. Use one washer per tuner to install.

Electric Guitars-Help

Well if you could take the time to help me please email me at zxb300@hotmail.com. I just got a knew electric guitar from johnson and a johnson amplifier. i don't know the first thing about guitars so how do i set it up? No instructions came with it. What do i plug into what? I just need to know how to get it started

Re: Electric Guitars-Help

You need a cord with 1/4 inch plugs on each end. Plug one end into the guitar, the other end into the "input" on the amp. turn on the amp, turn it up and go.

epiphone action lowering

hey i just got an epiphone les paul studio and i wanted to drop the action of the strings down a bit i see the screw on the bridge but do you just screw those do or is there some other way, if you got the anwser for me please send it to mikeymobob@yahoo.com

thanx
mikey t

Harmony acoustic flattop

Hi,

Can anyone id the model of an old Harmony flattop acoustic? It's probably circa 1950's or 60's.

There appears to be a model number stamped on the inside of the back, beneath the sound hole. The best any of us can make out is F-67H or F-67.4.

I can't find anything on the net, but it looks similar to the photos at the bottom of the webpage: http://www.broadwaymusicco.com/harmony6.htm. The shape and pick guard are similar and it has the gold treble clef symbol on the head. (I suspect it's not as high of quality.)

If you can tell me anything about this model, or where I can learn more, please e-mail me at DD134@aol.com.

Thank you.
Denise

sustainiac model B

sustainiac model B

This popular thread has been given its own page : sustainiac model B

Need CBS Fender logo

Hi.
I need peghead decals for a Fender strat -74 or -75. Black letters with gold outline. Does enybody know where to find it?
/Matt

Re: Need CBS Fender logo

I have seen them on e-bay from time to time.

Simple guitar theory question

I recently (eventually )started learning my scales. According to most of the ppl I talk to, the first kind to learn is the minor pentatonic patterns.

I've been doing this for a while now, and it's going pretty well. But there are a couple of things bothering me which I would LOVE some clarity on.

Firstly: When playing in a specific key (Dmaj for instance) can one play ANY D scale along with it? or MUST it be the Dmaj (or Dmaj pentatonic) scale? I am wondering this because someone told me that themost important scale to learn is the minor pentatonic. But how can one play the minor pentatonic when the key is Dmaj? Won't there be one false note then?
The way I understand it is that that false note might actually give the solo a cool,out of place (but not false) sound. Am I right?
Or is it a case of changing the chords to adapt to the scale you want to use in the solo (cin this case,changing the D chord to a Dminor. I hope this isn't the case, cos it doesn't make any sense to me).

Secondly: From the literature I have been reading, I noticed that it's possible to 'transpose' a scale pattern from a minor to a major by simply moving the patterns three steps up the fretboard. Is this correct? Does that mean that all major scales have exactly the same 5 patterns except that they are on different locations on the fretboard?

I realise that this is quite a mouthfull, but some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Simple guitar theory question

Does that mean that all major scales have exactly the same 5 patterns except that they are on different locations on the fretboard?

That's right, but I think you need to sit down with a teacher. Write these questions down and phone your local music stores/schools and tell them you want one lesson with thier best "theory trained" guitar teacher. It will be the best $15.00 to $20.00 bucks you will ever spend, this is too hard to explain clearly any other way than face-to-face, guitars in hand,

Jim http://www.jimgraham.ca

Re: Simple guitar theory question

Moving the scale patterns up the fretboard will transpose from one major to another major scale but will never transpose from a major to a minor or vice versa.

I have never heard that starting with the pentatonic minor is the best way to start scale studies. For example, classical guitar players invariably study the diatonic major and minor scales, as fingered and published by Andres Segovia and others. These consist of an ascending and descending scale spanning three octaves. For velocity exercises it is not recommended to practice the whole three octave scale but a small scale burst, consisting of five to eight notes.

New DLS Effects web site with chorus and delay samples....

We just wanted to announce that our new web site is up with better page linking plus it's easier to get around.... including getting to the sound samples. Please visit us at www.dlseffects.com if you get a chance.

Also, DLS would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable holiday season!

Thanks,
Dave
DLS Effects

Tablaturas

Tablaturas

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tablaturas

tele pickup wiring(Winding)

I have a vintage(81) tele bridge pickup; the little wire that attaches from the the black wire is not attached to the pickup; can I resolder this to make it work?

hi!

i really hope you send me guitar catalouges.

bass lessons

i am looking to take a few bass lessons in the akron ohio area. i have been playing for a little over a year. and i am stuck creatively. if there are any experianced instructors in the area please let me know.

BC Rich NJ Warlock 7-string

Somewere in the web I read that BC Rich Warlock 7-string (NJ Series) guitar doesn't have a volume regulator. Anybody knows if this is true?

Re: BC Rich NJ Warlock 7-string

It may well be true, im buying one tommorow and theyve only got two knobs on it and two humbuckers, but it may be there is only one tone control

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.