Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2003

Archive for posts from January, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

PRS Tremonti SE

Im a huge Creed fan...but more important im in love with Mark Tremonti's tone...anyone who has this model, or has tried it out, love to hear what ya think!

Re: PRS Tremonti SE

Hi, im a guitarist from mexico i recently bought this guitar and is great, i'm not 100 % sure about the pick ups i think i will replace them in a near future but, the guitar promises a excelent sound with other more high gain oriented pickups.

regards.

genaro tapia.
guadalajara, jalisco, mexico.

Bought a Black Tremonti SE about 1 month ago. Great guitar!! The craftsmanship can't be beat for the price. I think you'll find the tone is right up your alley, but this guitar is really versatile for just about any genre of music. Awesome-I think I'll buy another one in the platinum finish!

What is a good price to pay for a used model?
Thanks

: Bought a Black Tremonti SE about 1 month ago. Great guitar!! The craftsmanship can't be beat for the price. I think you'll find the tone is right up your alley, but this guitar is really versatile for just about any genre of music. Awesome-I think I'll buy another one in the platinum finish!

Hi i'm a huge fan of creed especially of Mark Thomas Tremonti bec. i like his style and when it comes to play the guitar,i like his moves (head banging)and when he play the solo,i wish someday i can be like Mark Tremonti,i like there songs especially What this Life 4,Stand here wit me,My Own prison etc,.and i wish i can get some mark's great effects on the guitar,
WISH YOU LUCK CREED,PLS DON'T GO,YOU ARE OUR MEDICINE AND OUR INSPIRATION!.
Mathew

There with you bro! The tone and action on this guitar makes it an easy addiction. Anyone who claims to not find a guitar that's easier to play, needs to play this. I've written my best material with it.

10, 14, 20, 28, 40, 50

Hi. I'm a begining guitar player and im teaching myself. I just got new strings and they don't say which string is which. If im tuning my guitar to EADGBE, are the numbers corresponding with the note? So high E is 10, B is 14, (ect)? That's what looks right, but im not sure. Thank you!!!

Re: 10, 14, 20, 28, 40, 50

Your low E=50, A=40, D=28, G=20, B=14, and high E=10

Anyone hered of Fire Star Guitar

Has anybody hered of a Fire Star accustic guitar, (made in china)is it any good ? How much is it worth ? A response would be much apprechiated

Need a wiring diagram for Squire 25GR...

Anyone know where i can find this? I would really appreciate it if you could tell me where you can find this please, thanks for your help!

Re: Need a wiring diagram for Squire 25GR...

http://www.mrgearhead.net/

Re: Need a wiring diagram for Squire 25GR...

: Anyone know where i can find this? I would really appreciate it if you could tell me where you can find this please, thanks for your help!

Im looking for the same thing right now, did you ever find it?? If so could you tell me where please? thanks ,
justin

valvestater

I have a 8100 100 watt Valvestate head bought brand new in 1994, no problemos ever, this thing JAMS, if your interested in buying, give me a ring-a-ding at my e-mail address

Yamaha SG700

Does anyone know how much a Yamaha SG700 is worth? I paid $250, and want to know what type of deal I got.

Re: Yamaha SG700

:
: Does anyone know how much a Yamaha SG700 is worth? I paid $250, and want to know what type of deal I got.

: :
: : Does anyone know how much a Yamaha SG700 is worth? I paid $250, and want to know what type of deal I got.

Yea , about 400 bucks !

: :
: : Does anyone know how much a Yamaha SG700 is worth? I paid $250, and want to know what type of deal I got.

Yea , about 400 bucks !

:
: Does anyone know how much a Yamaha SG700 is worth? I paid $250, and want to know what type of deal I got.

ive got the same and am wanting to sell it and would like to know its worth . sunburst mother inlay double humbucker tremelo bridge locking nuts sculpted back

Help

Does anyone know anything about this make of guitar. I would like to know if it has any value. I purchased it in the late 70's. It is a El Degas. Model GL48. There is a small inscription on the label that identifies it as a product of B&J ?? Does that make sense to anyone. Thanking you for any help that you could provide.

Re: Help

: Does anyone know anything about this make of guitar. I would like to know if it has any value. I purchased it in the late 70's. It is a El Degas. Model GL48. There is a small inscription on the label that identifies it as a product of B&J ?? Does that make sense to anyone. Thanking you for any help that you could provide.

B& J were the New York importers of the Japanese -made instruments. If you go to Google.ca and put in El Degas Insturments, a lot comes up, including this information. I have a mandolin they made and it is pretty decent, considering the price.

Ibanez MC300

Ibanez MC300

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez MC300

Tremolo

just got a tremolo bar and wondering how to install it hope u can help now

Re: Tremolo

hey i just got a brand new guitar never played and was wondering how to instal the tremolo or wammy bar pleze help

Re: Tremolo

Theres a hole in the trem and it just screws in.

: hey i just got a brand new guitar never played and was wondering how to instal the tremolo or wammy bar pleze help

What is a Targa Guitar???

What is a Targa Guitar???

This popular thread has been given its own page : What is a Targa Guitar???

decals

I need the Fender Precission Bass decal for the kneck of a 1962 original Fender Bass. I am presently refinishing it to its original 3-color sunburst after a nephew messed up the finish. I have all the original parts but need this decal. Any help would be appreciated,

Re: decals

: I need the Fender Precission Bass decal for the kneck of a 1982 original Fender Bass. I am presently refinishing it to its original splender. Any help welcomed.

Martin D-15s for sale, BRAND NEW

looking to sell my BRAND NEW Martin D-15s. List price is $1200 and sold for $790. Comes with original hardshell case, all solid sapele body, slotted headstock, 12frets to body, 19frets overall, satin finish and great warm tone ideal for fingerstyle or strumming.

I'm looking to sell for money toward a Guild D-25 arched back model. Would consider a trade for the right one.

Asking $675.

Rick
Charlotte, NC

B-52

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A B-52 HEAD AND I FOUND IT MORE DIFFICULT TO KEEP IT OPERATIONAL THAN TO PERFORM WITH. I WILL NOT GO INTO DETAIL AS TO HOW MUCH TROUBLE I HAD WITH IT,BUT TO SAY IT WAS REPLASED!!!

Nick Lucas Gibson

Nick Lucas on sale
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2503673659&category=33025

marshall DSL20

HELLO!
I'M GOIN MAD LOOKIN' FOR A MARSHALL DSL20.ANYONE WANTS TO SELL?

Re: marshall DSL20

: HELLO!
: I'M GOIN MAD LOOKIN' FOR A MARSHALL DSL20.ANYONE WANTS TO SELL?

Re: marshall DSL20

: : HELLO!
: : I'M GOIN MAD LOOKIN' FOR A MARSHALL DSL20.ANYONE WANTS TO SELL?-

I've got one, three years old, not used much, excellent conditon with new EL-84 Groove Tubes. However, it cuts out when it overheats.

Regards,

Antoine

Fender American Std. bodies

i read somewhere that american standard strats made between 1990-97 have alder or ash-veneered poplar bodies rather than solid alder or ash. is there any truth in this?

Washburn wiring diagram

Upon inspecting a used guitar...it seems someone has rigged it quite a bit, and I need a wiring diagram to try to get it back to normal. Can anyone help? It's a
Washburn GTX 33. Thanks.

maxwin guitars

maxwin guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : maxwin guitars

help

my name is leigh and i just bought a used yamaha rgz312
and the wireing on the volume control came off and i need to know which colors go where.

Re: help

: my name is leigh and i just bought a used yamaha rgz312
: and the wireing on the volume control came off and i need to know which colors go where.

Re: help

: : my name is leigh and i just bought a used yamaha rgz312
: : and the wireing on the volume control came off and i need to know which colors go where.

if you still need the wiring i will help u with that ..

jay

ESP LTD 7 String for sale...really cheap

I have a nice looking guitar up for auction. It didn't quite give me the sound I was looking for, but maybe someone else would benefit from it. I'm selling it for a great price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2503639465&category=33038

Re: ESP LTD 7 String for sale...really cheap

Need to know price

: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2503639465&category=33038

fender VI

hello , i am looking to purchase a fender VI (preferably american, and not a re-issue). I live in NYC and want to pay around $2700. thanks

Re: fender VI

wuz up! i don't have any guitars these days, but maybe you'll want to drop me a line anyway.i'd love to hear from you.
lowell
lyukna1@gl.umbc.edu

guitar

who was the first person to make the electric guitar i want to know who, when, and how? please tell me as quik as posible. thank you

Re: guitar

Les Paul I think

Amp question

I wanna start a band and so I need anew AMP since mine is a 10 watt amp
I am told 50 watt minimum would do, now I saw a certain amp and I wanto know if its good
I saw the Peavey Bandit 112
http://www.peavey.com/products/amps_mi/guitaramps/bandit112.cfm
the price is 418 Euros, wich would be about 400 dollars I think
is this expensive for a 80watt amp with pedal?
does somebody have this amp, and is he/she glad with it?
I wanna ùake metal music

thx

Re: Amp question

Thats a fine amp to start out with, they are tough, can get pretty loud and have a decent 'sound' and pretty versitale, so I don't think you'll be disappointed with it, as for price, thats really high for one in the US, but not sure for a European price as all gear is a fair bit more compared to here. Well that my opinion, hopefully you'll get more so you have more to base your decision on. As always also check out the reviews of the amp on harmonycentral.com.

: I wanna start a band and so I need anew AMP since mine is a 10 watt amp
: I am told 50 watt minimum would do, now I saw a certain amp and I wanto know if its good
: I saw the Peavey Bandit 112
: http://www.peavey.com/products/amps_mi/guitaramps/bandit112.cfm
: the price is 418 Euros, wich would be about 400 dollars I think
: is this expensive for a 80watt amp with pedal?
: does somebody have this amp, and is he/she glad with it?
: I wanna ùake metal music

: thx

Re: Amp question

Bandit with boss mt2 distortion and eq blows your brains out! You'll get very mean sound with this combination.
But you shold drive your bandit through PA system, if you want to make your nuts shake!
I recommend it, price is very low compared to the sound you'll get

tapping/solo problems

What effect will help for tapping? Now i don't have any effects. Tapping doesn't hear, feels like i'm lacking sustain or something. I've marshall DSL50 head. Will delay solve my problem?? I didn't have this problem with my old amp.

gp4

where can i get this great software : gp4
ps: i don't have the money to buy it

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.