Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2003

Archive for posts from January, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: How could i rewire an ibanez humbucker?

That will work fine but you shoud install a 220v capacitor relay in between and add a slot for a stectoid bar.

Re: How could i rewire an ibanez humbucker?

Ok i went ahead and rewired the neck pickup so it has two outputs. I wired it all together with alligator clips so i can test it, and wow it sounds way different than it did originally -- i like it. I think i am going to leave the bridge humbucker the way it is and just use four of the switch positions for now.
A couple questions tho, what advantage would the capacitor relay give me and what is a stectoid bar, i have searched high and low on the net and have not heard of it anywhere. Im sorry if i sound like a n00b, but hey this is my first time modifying an electric guitar, i have enough knowledge about electrical wiring i think, i just dont know how most of it applies to electric guitars. Anyhow, thanks for any help you can provide!

GregK

AMERICAN HI FI AMPS!

Does anyone know what amps the band american hi fi use?
i went to there site and it says they use mesa boogie heads and marshall cabs, but does anyone know the specific amp head?

Re: AMERICAN HI FI AMPS!

All i know is that they rock and have the shibby lyrics!! .........Marshall Amps ;)

Re: AMERICAN HI FI AMPS!

http://www.guitarworld.com/gearreviews/axology/0503.american.html

Abbys or McNaught?

I'm contemplating purchasing a hand made guitar. I'm somewhere betwee Abbys and McNought.

Does anyone knows anything about Abbys?

VetrineNegozi

Www.VetrineNegozi.com i migliori negozi della rete

WANTED: BOSS GE-10 EQ Equalizer

Any shape, as long as it works!
sldrdave@globalserve.net

Re: WANTED: BOSS GE-10 EQ Equalizer

Im selling a boss ge 10 at ebay: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2554119426&category=46667&rd=1

Re: WANTED: BOSS GE-10 EQ Equalizer

Hi, I've got one that is in good shape. Cheers.

: Any shape, as long as it works!
: sldrdave@globalserve.net

Rickenbacker date

I have a rickenbacker 330 with the serialnumber J54876.Could you tell me where and when it is made.Thanks

Re: Rickenbacker date

ric site has a s/n search to get all the details

: I have a rickenbacker 330 with the serialnumber J54876.Could you tell me where and when it is made.Thanks

A New Experience...Just for US

Greetings Guitar Enthusiast…

Check out [url]www.myguitarlink.com[/url]

We have spent the past two years developing, what we hope to be, the best place to buy, sell and trade guitars and related products. Our objective is to provide an honest, secure and enjoyable trading experience for guitar “aficionados”.

This is not a “catch all” auction site. It is specifically for us guitar lovers and has increased benefits and functionality over the others.

Benefits
--A site designated to just guitars and accessories.
--More focused and targeted listings
--A Buyer Protection Program, this is nice
--No posting fees - Your Virtual Storefront, post up to 500 days per item.
--Ease of navigation and posting.
--Expanded filtering capabilities, i.e. new items, used items, urgent buys, urgent sells, bulk sales and more.
--Opt in Broadcast Messaging platform for promotions or other community communication purposes.

Go ahead and register, it’s free and easy. Check back from time to time as we are starting to gain momentum.

Thank you for your support in helping us build this unique community…just for us.

Enjoy!!!

Unknown Guitar

Can anyone please help me in trying to find out what type of guitar this is that i got from a relative?

A Pic can be found at http://www.datacertain.com/blob_upload/view_single.asp?Blob_ID=442

Re: Unknown Guitar

Start with the name on the headstock (which is unreadable in the blurry pics) and search from there.

: Can anyone please help me in trying to find out what type of guitar this is that i got from a relative?

: A Pic can be found at http://www.datacertain.com/blob_upload/view_single.asp?Blob_ID=442

Re: Unknown Guitar

That looks like a hiedurheadupurarse

Gibson GA20 Amp

Gibson GA20 Amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson GA20 Amp

Need help learning the guitar.

I'd say I'm an intermediate by now.. I've been mainly teaching myself and at the moment I'm trying to learn the fretboard. I have this really basic system that teaches me the first 12 frets in two weeks or so.. That's if I stick to it and learn a fret (with both sharps and flats) per day. I've kind of stopped with it seeing as its boring and I'm not really learning pitch- just the names of notes.

What I really need now, is an extra kick in the butt.. Not just with this but everything guitar related.. So I've come online and have searched download.com for some good free guitar programs. Most aren't free and those that are, really aren't worth mentioning.

I did come across this though, a Certain 'Guitar Power' program.. but I have to order it after 30 days is up- elsewise it stops working. I was wondering if anyone here might have a crack for it or an even better program that's FREE.

Email me at ubediah@hotmail.com with any details, it'd be appreciated. :)

Re: Need help learning the guitar.

: I'd say I'm an intermediate by now.. I've been mainly teaching myself and at the moment I'm trying to learn the fretboard. I have this really basic system that teaches me the first 12 frets in two weeks or so.. That's if I stick to it and learn a fret (with both sharps and flats) per day. I've kind of stopped with it seeing as its boring and I'm not really learning pitch- just the names of notes.

: What I really need now, is an extra kick in the butt.. Not just with this but everything guitar related.. So I've come online and have searched download.com for some good free guitar programs. Most aren't free and those that are, really aren't worth mentioning.

: I did come across this though, a Certain 'Guitar Power' program.. but I have to order it after 30 days is up- elsewise it stops working. I was wondering if anyone here might have a crack for it or an even better program that's FREE.

: Email me at ubediah@hotmail.com with any details, it'd be appreciated. :)

Re: Need help learning the guitar.

: : i'm having problems switching notes

Which is better? Japanese or mexican teles?

I had the choice over a blue flower power telecaster- made in japan, or a sonic blue standard mexican telecaster. Both cost exactly the same (both were going for fairly cheap despite them not being second hand).
Which would have been the better buy, hypothetically?

Re: Which is better? Japanese or mexican teles?

: I had the choice over a blue flower power telecaster- made in japan, or a sonic blue standard mexican telecaster. Both cost exactly the same (both were going for fairly cheap despite them not being second hand).
: Which would have been the better buy, hypothetically?

I would pick a tremont JTR model but if i had to choose for you take the one from japan they are better craftsman for sure.

Bob tremontguitars.com

Japanese or mexican tails? They both are fine

: I had the choice over a blue flower power telecaster- made in japan, or a sonic blue standard mexican telecaster. Both cost exactly the same (both were going for fairly cheap despite them not being second hand).
: Which would have been the better buy, hypothetically?

OP-X preamp operation

HELP -- I have an ovation 12 string, with the op-x preamp... and, would like some details on how it works??? anyone have details??? thank you

fender tele logos

where can i get a late 50's fender tele logo for my guitar headstock ?

I WANT TO BUY USA MADE JACKSON RANDY RHOADS (black)

Hello to everybody!

My title tell´s it all, but I will make it (hopefully) more clear. I´m searching used USA made Jackson RR-electricguitar with hardshell case (RR1 or custom shop RR). The colour should be black. The guitar must be in very good condition!

So, if you are going to sell your Jackson RR away, contact to me (kinde1@saunalahti.fi). Please find out the shipping cost, how much it does cost if you send this RR and hardshell case to Finland? I will pay taxes when your package arrives to my country. Could I pay with collect on delivery? IF I´m very lucky and some of you or your friends are coming to visit in Finland then I pay cash right to your (or your friends) hand.

Please e-mail me your total price demand with shipping cost´s and if you have pictures from your RR attach them to your message!

I have really terrible flu, so my english may be awful to read...sorry!

Best regards,
Tommi Kinnunen (from Finland)

I have one but not for you GOLDMEMBER

: Hello to everybody!

: My title tell´s it all, but I will make it (hopefully) more clear. I´m searching used USA made Jackson RR-electricguitar with hardshell case (RR1 or custom shop RR). The colour should be black. The guitar must be in very good condition!

: So, if you are going to sell your Jackson RR away, contact to me (kinde1@saunalahti.fi). Please find out the shipping cost, how much it does cost if you send this RR and hardshell case to Finland? I will pay taxes when your package arrives to my country. Could I pay with collect on delivery? IF I´m very lucky and some of you or your friends are coming to visit in Finland then I pay cash right to your (or your friends) hand.

: Please e-mail me your total price demand with shipping cost´s and if you have pictures from your RR attach them to your message!

: I have really terrible flu, so my english may be awful to read...sorry!

: Best regards,
: Tommi Kinnunen (from Finland)

how to drop D tune guitar

I know to tune your low E to the D. They said it sounds heavier, it sounds so weak. If you reply, please give me correct directions.

Re: how to drop D tune guitar

: I know to tune your low E to the D. They said it sounds heavier, it sounds so weak. If you reply, please give me correct directions.

Thats how you do it. The reason it might be weak is because of your action or string tension.

: : I know to tune your low E to the D. They said it sounds heavier, it sounds so weak. If you reply, please give me correct directions.

: Thats how you do it. The reason it might be weak is because of your action or string tension.

HOW THE HELL DO U DO THIS

Another couple things: Scale length and string guage. I have two guitars that I drop to D, one has a 25 inch scale and the other a 25.5 inch scale. The longer scale tends to produce a more gutsy sound. Also, if you use a heavier string for your E string when you do it then you put more tension on it in the flatter D tuning and you get more string energy out of it. I like to use a 52 guaged string when I down tune. Remember to check your intonation if you change string styles. Let me know if you need any more help.

how to drop D tune guitar

i dident know how to post a question so i just put one here. How do i tune to drop d.is there a trick to do it? If so send it to me in an e-mail losertosociety@AOL.com Thanx

Hey can anyone explain how to drop d tune?I got a book on it but it's hard to understand.If so please send me an email at Hittokiri_Battowsai@hotmail.com thanks.

On the 6th string hold down the second fret and tune to an E. To tell if you've done it right hold down second fret on 5th and 6th string and it should sound like a E5 power chord

How do I drop the low E to a D?????

I dont know how to tune it to D.
If you can tell me please e-mail me at Shabooka0889@aol.com

How do you tune to drop D? E-mail me at JdsPrst28@juno.com

: How do you tune to drop D? can u pleeese help me, i just strted so yea i would appreciate that

Cortez guitars

Seems Cortez guitars were imported into the US from 1969-1988 by westheimer. They then vanished but reocurred as Cort? They are very much like Ibanez copies and share the spanish name. Does anyone know anything about this company? thanks in advance

Re: Cortez guitars

: Seems Cortez guitars were imported into the US from 1969-1988 by westheimer. They then vanished but reocurred as Cort? They are very much like Ibanez copies and share the spanish name. Does anyone know anything about this company? thanks in advance

yeah i own a Cortez les paul copy...they are really solid build guitars and it plays exactly like a Gibson les paul...the fret board action is amazing and it also has an adjustable neck feature...the pickups were also very good except for the bridge pickup it was very hot and offerd a little too much twarmth in the tone for me....but the neck pickup has got to be the best ive heard...it warm bright and gets any type of sound you would want out of a nexk pickup...great guitar i suggjest looking into them more...

how much are the cortez's worth? i saw one at guitar center for $250 is that a good price or over priced? its a les paul copy..
: yeah i own a Cortez les paul copy...they are really solid build guitars and it plays exactly like a Gibson les paul...the fret board action is amazing and it also has an adjustable neck feature...the pickups were also very good except for the bridge pickup it was very hot and offerd a little too much twarmth in the tone for me....but the neck pickup has got to be the best ive heard...it warm bright and gets any type of sound you would want out of a nexk pickup...great guitar i suggjest looking into them more...

: I was just handed down a Cortez acoustic 12 string from my sister (who had gotten it from her cousin). It has a large body and boxy shape like a Martin. The tones are nice and deep the way I like them. It's made well, has bracing similar to some of the best guitars. It lacks any internal sticker so I'm at a loss for type, serial number or year.

Was trying to find out myself..I bought mine in 1978 and it still sounds great!

: : Seems Cortez guitars were imported into the US from 1969-1988 by westheimer. They then vanished but reocurred as Cort? They are very much like Ibanez copies and share the spanish name. Does anyone know anything about this company? thanks in advance

: Was trying to find out myself..I bought mine in 1978 and it still sounds great!

:
: : : Seems Cortez guitars were imported into the US from 1969-1988 by westheimer. They then vanished but reocurred as Cort? They are very much like Ibanez copies and share the spanish name. Does anyone know anything about this company? thanks in advance

I have a J200 flat top. I got it out of the closet last month after nearly a 25 year rest period. It had a couple of broken strings and a lot of dust. I bought new strings, a tuner, and some books and I have been having a great time trying to remember what I used to do with it. I never was a good player, and what little I did do well I have lost. But all it took was a couple of strums to remember why I wanted to play it. I am still amazed at how good it sounds. I would also be interested in knowing what became of the company. I see where Epiphone is making an electric version and Gibson has brought it back into production as an acoustic. Gibson even has a brief history of the SJ200 on thier website.

: : Seems Cortez guitars were imported into the US from 1969-1988 by westheimer. They then vanished but reocurred as Cort? They are very much like Ibanez copies and share the spanish name. Does anyone know anything about this company? thanks in advance

I have a small(child size?)Cortez guitars, model C301, made in Korea, seldom used (I had good intentions) so in good shape.
I am curious what it may be worth and if it would be a good beginner guitar for 8 year old granddaughter to learn on.
Thanks. 8-)

: Seems Cortez guitars were imported into the US from 1969-1988 by westheimer. They then vanished but reocurred as Cort? They are very much like Ibanez copies and share the spanish name. Does anyone know anything about this company? thanks in advance

I had a Cortez in the late 70's. this was a fine playing guitar and I would like to by another. I own a yamaha, fender and epiphone and the cortez i had was by far the best.

What's the difference between Floyd Rose and Floyd Rose II?

What's the difference between a Floyd Rose and Floyd Rose II tremolo? Which one is better?

uh................... the II.....HELLO

You must like the fricking back door boys

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.