Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2003

Advertisement

Archive for posts from January, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: zoom 3030 patches

: : I want manual for how to use perfect blend in an ampl. all the techniques
: :: This site has a few: www.angelfire.com/tx/wellofsouls

:
: I'm a Zoom Player 3030 starter. Does anybody have patches for me ?

try looking here..

http://www.devkings.com/hotlicks/patches/z3030b.htm#slayer

ur site sux!

u dont have any notes. i hope u burn in hell!

neck length

Just bought a Ibanez GAX70. The neck length is 24.75 inches. My son plays a Strat knock off with a 25.5 inch neck. What are the pros and cons on a shorter neck versus a longer neck? Thanks for your input!

Re: neck length

: Just bought a Ibanez GAX70. The neck length is 24.75 inches. My son plays a Strat knock off with a 25.5 inch neck. What are the pros and cons on a shorter neck versus a longer neck? Thanks for your input!

Hi Steve
The pros and cons this is part of the old gibson vs. Fender war.The srings on the 24 3/4 will be will be loser to get to pitch and the frets are closer together. so it would be less of a sretch for those far awy notes.But some times when playing open chords you can here th E string go out of key just for a split second.Ref ac/dc dirty deeds you can here it on the cd.THE 25 1/2 Is tighter longer reach needed .
What feels and sounds good to you is what counts !!!!
I build at my shop mostly 24 3/4 but 25 is geting popular ref (PRS) this is the middle of the road .
So play away and let your ears and fingers to the final test.
Good luck
Bob tremontguitars.com

Thanks for the info Bob. Being an old guy with chubby fingers doesn't help, but I definitely like the way this sounds. Probably the humbuckers. For me, neck width seems to be more of an issue than neck length but I can definitely feel the difference when I switch to my sons guitar. I'm a rank novice so I'll just keep on trying. Some nice work on your website. I'm in Chester myself so maybe some day I'll look you up. Thanks again.

String guage also has an affect. I find that with a heavier string you can compensate a little for the shorter scale length. The compromise is that you might have to raise your action a little to compensate for fret buzz.

: String guage also has an affect. I find that with a heavier string you can compensate a little for the shorter scale length. The compromise is that you might have to raise your action a little to compensate for fret buzz.

Hi smesgol
You are correct this plays a big role in the way I Slot the guitar nut`s .And you can get a much fuller sound.Most buyers over look this when they buy a Guitar .
Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
Bick tremontguitars.com

What is it exactly that you are compensating for if you use a heavier string? Thanks.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is it that you can compensate for uising a heavier string?
Thanks

it depends on weather shes lying down or standing up.

Date of Epihone acoustic

I am trying to find out more about my Epiphone small acoustic guitar. I bought it used about 1974 from Gruhn Guitars. The label is gone, I thing it used to say "made in Kalamazoo." One notable thing is that the "Epiphone" name is not inlaid or painted, like a Gibson, but is embossed (if that is the right word)on a triangular metal badge in raised gold letters on white enamel. Also "X 5258" is inked on the block that joins the neck to the body on the inside of the guitar. There may be more characters that follow.If anyone can help, thanks.

2 vintage gibsons

im looking for any info on a gibson LP1/LP2 stack made in the early 70's, and a gibson G-155 combo with also made in the late 70's? The LP1/LP2 has a 6x12 cab and the G-115 has 4x10's but neither are tube. any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2 vintage gibsons

THE GIBSON LES PAUL AMP L1, L2 ARE UP FOR AUCTION ON E-BAY RIGHT NOW. ITEM #2565303665. TIME LEFT TO BID IS ONLY ABOUT 3 HOURS.

Established Orlando Band Seeks Lead Guitarist

Established 80's hair band seeks lead guitarist.We do strictly

80's material with the 80's costuming as well.We are all
serious and dedicated. We have Pro Gear and Practice Space.

Check out our website at www.that80sbandrocks.com
We have gigs lined up and are in consultation with Budweiser and Cellar Door Productions for

possible sponsorship and touring.Give me a call at

407-688-1598.
Look forward to talking with you,
Jesse James

80's are gay--you are gay

: Established 80's hair band seeks lead guitarist.We do strictly

: 80's material with the 80's costuming as well.We are all
: serious and dedicated. We have Pro Gear and Practice Space.

: Check out our website at www.that80sbandrocks.com
: We have gigs lined up and are in consultation with Budweiser and Cellar Door Productions for

: possible sponsorship and touring.Give me a call at

: 407-688-1598.
: Look forward to talking with you,
: Jesse James

What Kind Of A Name is Jesse James

Please stop your pranks, post real messages..
everyone hates the 80s , you know that

Re: What Kind Of A Name is Jesse James

I FUCKING LOVE THE 80s!!! FOREVER!!!

Re: What Kind Of A Name is Jesse James

I agree, the eighties was definetly screwed-up, waaay too much hairspray and lycra. But Jesse James (the BAND) are great.

tuning to c g c f a d

tuning to c g c f a d

This popular thread has been given its own page : tuning to c g c f a d

ibanez lo trs 2 trems

i have a jem 555 with a lo trs 2 trem.i wondered if it was possible to install a lo pro edge tremlo . or take of the arm holder on the lo trs 2 and replace it with the arm holder and push in arm of the edge series tremlos .please help........

Re: ibanez lo trs 2 trems

yeh it is, because i have just sold one that had it done, i believe it's not to bad to do but involves a bit of chiseling

: i have a jem 555 with a lo trs 2 trem.i wondered if it was possible to install a lo pro edge tremlo . or take of the arm holder on the lo trs 2 and replace it with the arm holder and push in arm of the edge series tremlos .please help........

!!Now Auditioning Metal Guitarist in souther Maine!!

13 Winters is now auditioning for a second guitarist from the southern Maine area.

Must be professional, dependable and above all, SERIOUS.

Playing style: Heavy, yet melodic. Our sound is Cradle of Filth mixed with Type O Negative and Arch Enemy.

We have our own recording studio, video studio and playing space.

We are an established Gothcore band who has been doing shows and has a lot more lined up.

We also have been offered a slot on a slasher movie sound track which we will not turn down(Duh).

We will start recording our debut CD in 6 months so act now. Once it is finished we do plan on touring the U.S. to support it.

Call:

Roy & Die @ 1-207-929-5962
Mike (Evenings) @ 1-207-773-2118

Email us and/or check out our website.

www.dark-valley-records.com/bands/13-winters

I don't know how to string my accoustic

i have the old strings off, and I can't get the nylon's on. I have the white pegs, now what do I do? It's a Yamaha f-335.

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: I don't know how to string my accoustic

: i have the old strings off, and I can't get the new steel ones on without snapping them . I have the white pegs, now what do I do? It's a delta

: Thanks so much for your help!

HELP ON AMP!

im not sure what amp to bye, a marshall jcm2000 tsl100 or a mesa boogie dual rectifier? i play alot of punk, but i also play rock and heavy rock. plz help me!

can i get mesa boogie triaxis for 800 $

where in europe can i get mesa boogie triaxis for 800$? please help i cannot find it anywhere! thanks!

Re: can i get mesa boogie triaxis for 800 $

sorry man you can't get tose for that cheap. i spent 1,690$ on mine and that was on ebay.

Marshall AVT150 modification

I buyed a Marshall valvestate2000 avt150 without knowing that the fxloop is a parallel loop. Is there any way to modificate the amplifier to have a serial loop?

stratocaster in lucite

my buddy claims to have just acquired a Fender Stratocaster made of lucite. The neck, however, is a '63 1.5" with a brass nut. He received it from an 80 yr old retired Fender employee. He's wondering about the value of this guitar. Anyone have a clue?

Re: stratocaster in lucite

Don't know of fender making any out of lucite, all the lucite ones I've seen are made other companies/people, so the neck would probally be worth more than the rest of the guitar, take the neck off and check the date stamp on it, a '63 could fetch up to $450 or put it on a real strat body, really a waste to put that neck on a lucite body.

: my buddy claims to have just acquired a Fender Stratocaster made of lucite. The neck, however, is a '63 1.5" with a brass nut. He received it from an 80 yr old retired Fender employee. He's wondering about the value of this guitar. Anyone have a clue?

i saw a picture of an old lucite strat on a webb site from one of the old namm shows if i run up on it again ill give you the link... if it was mine i d hang on to it , if u decide not to give me a yell

: Don't know of fender making any out of lucite, all the lucite ones I've seen are made other companies/people, so the neck would probally be worth more than the rest of the guitar, take the neck off and check the date stamp on it, a '63 could fetch up to $450 or put it on a real strat body, really a waste to put that neck on a lucite body.

:
: : my buddy claims to have just acquired a Fender Stratocaster made of lucite. The neck, however, is a '63 1.5" with a brass nut. He received it from an 80 yr old retired Fender employee. He's wondering about the value of this guitar. Anyone have a clue?

In 1962 and 1968 there were 5 lucite fender strats made at the custom shop, appx value $49K to ??? There are only 4 known to be around. They were made in Corona , CA Check out this site for pics.
http://electricguitar.50megs.com/transp3.htm

: i saw a picture of an old lucite strat on a webb site from one of the old namm shows if i run up on it again ill give you the link... if it was mine i d hang on to it , if u decide not to give me a yell

:
: : Don't know of fender making any out of lucite, all the lucite ones I've seen are made other companies/people, so the neck would probally be worth more than the rest of the guitar, take the neck off and check the date stamp on it, a '63 could fetch up to $450 or put it on a real strat body, really a waste to put that neck on a lucite body.

: :
: : : my buddy claims to have just acquired a Fender Stratocaster made of lucite. The neck, however, is a '63 1.5" with a brass nut. He received it from an 80 yr old retired Fender employee. He's wondering about the value of this guitar. Anyone have a clue?

first off there are only about 3 or 4 known to exist many people say it was made in the 60's the fact is that guitar was made in 1955-1956 and it was used to show off the fender vibrato the last one that sold on the open market sold for $50,000 the neck would be priceless since there are only 4 of them the reason why there is only 4 is that the router bits kept breaking on the lucite when they made the bodys so there were very many bad bodys made and many rejects if your friend has a lucite strat it could be worth as much as $100,000 to a real collector the one that sold for $50,000 did so about 10 years ago hope that helps

: i saw a picture of an old lucite strat on a webb site from one of the old namm shows if i run up on it again ill give you the link... if it was mine i d hang on to it , if u decide not to give me a yell

: Fender made Lucite strats.My friend has one.They were mainly used for trade shows but could be ordered.Most are clear but i've heard of blues ones too.
: : Don't know of fender making any out of lucite, all the lucite ones I've seen are made other companies/people, so the neck would probally be worth more than the rest of the guitar, take the neck off and check the date stamp on it, a '63 could fetch up to $450 or put it on a real strat body, really a waste to put that neck on a lucite body.

: :
: : : my buddy claims to have just acquired a Fender Stratocaster made of lucite. The neck, however, is a '63 1.5" with a brass nut. He received it from an 80 yr old retired Fender employee. He's wondering about the value of this guitar. Anyone have a clue?

Hi Guitar Center has Blue book on Guitars and There is a lucite fender Strat I did not see the value but it is custom.: Don't know of fender making any out of lucite, all the lucite ones I've seen are made other companies/people, so the neck would probally be worth more than the rest of the guitar, take the neck off and check the date stamp on it, a '63 could fetch up to $450 or put it on a real strat body, really a waste to put that neck on a lucite body.

:
: : my buddy claims to have just acquired a Fender Stratocaster made of lucite. The neck, however, is a '63 1.5" with a brass nut. He received it from an 80 yr old retired Fender employee. He's wondering about the value of this guitar. Anyone have a clue?

Hi Guitar Center has Blue book on Guitars and There is a lucite fender Strat I did not see the value but it is custom.:

Don't know of fender making any out of lucite, all the lucite ones I've seen are made other companies/people, so the neck would probally be worth more than the rest of the guitar, take the neck off and check the date stamp on it, a '63 could fetch up to $450 or put it on a real strat body, really a waste to put that neck on a lucite body.

:

Hi Guitar Center has Blue book on Guitars and There is a lucite fender Strat I did not see the value but it is custom.:

:

Hello

If it is "real" it is priceless and should not be modified in any way. Even to repair damages parts. Contact the fender museum for details.

: Don't know of fender making any out of lucite, all the lucite ones I've seen are made other companies/people, so the neck would probally be worth more than the rest of the guitar, take the neck off and check the date stamp on it, a '63 could fetch up to $450 or put it on a real strat body, really a waste to put that neck on a lucite body.

:

I worked a Guitar Center in L.A. and there are a few of these listed in our Fender one of a kind books, the model was never released as a sale item and brought a pretty penny to the right person. There were not many so I think 4 or 5 would be the correct number.I spoke with a long time friend at Fender and was told there is 1 in the vintage room at Fender and is not for sale at any price. Details seem to be different accourding to who you are talking to.

where can i get the guitar settings for limp bizkit , with a boss me-30

hey could some please help me , i have a ibanez grx20, and got a boss me-30, i was wonderin if any one new what the settings were , or where i could find them , i love limp bizkit and got the guitar book for there songs , wes your the king dude u rock . please help .

Re: where can i get the guitar settings for limp bizkit , with a boss me-30

Try emailing wes at WWW.imafrigenidiot.com

limp bizkit sucks balls

U Agree

"Guitar Strings"

Dear Guitar Aficionados,
My question will be simple for you. How do I know when it is time to replace the strings on my acoustic guitar? Thanks for your insight.

Re: "Guitar Strings"

When they start losing their tone, get all crusty/rusty and it doesn't clean off anymore, or you just feel like it, no real science to it, chances are if you are asking you probally should. Soak em in naptha first and they'll last longer - all this assuming they are steel strings.

: Dear Guitar Aficionados,
: My question will be simple for you. How do I know when it is time to replace the strings on my acoustic guitar? Thanks for your insight.

Re: "Guitar Strings"

You should probably wait until they start to rust and break. That way you can save some bucks.

any one got a wiring diagram for a marshall 100 watt lead amp

Hi
Can any one help im looking for a wiring diagram for a marshall 100 watt valve lead amp .please

Re: any one got a wiring diagram for a marshall 100 watt lead amp

I have one ..... here www.dumbass.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.