Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2003

Archive for posts from January, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Will a Telecaster pickguard fit on an ASAT Classic?

I want to change the pickguard on my ASAT Classic, and I am having trouble finding a company that makes one for it. Will a Telecaster pickguard work? The neck pickup looks bigger, and I have not compared the bolt pattern. Any info on this, or where I can buy a G&L guard would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Will a Telecaster pickguard fit on an ASAT Classic?

Why do you want to change your pick guard?

: Why do you want to change your pick guard?

Just to change the look. The old one is pretty beat, and I want to change color.

since that guy decided to be completley unhelpful, and so bold as to ask why (why not?! its a pretty standard modification) i, in my own hunt for the answer gave g&l a call and heres the skinny:

a telecaster pickguard will NOT work because of the position of the screws. the only way to get one is to call 530-899-1503 which is their direct distributor. the people there were really nice and helpful, and in two weeks i should have a nice new black pickguard.

: I want to change the pickguard on my ASAT Classic, and I am having trouble finding a company that makes one for it. Will a Telecaster pickguard work? The neck pickup looks bigger, and I have not compared the bolt pattern. Any info on this, or where I can buy a G&L guard would be GREATLY appreciated.

You might try Buffalo Bros. Guitars in CAlforina. They are great for customer service tell Greg Parnell the electric shop. I purchased an ASAT "Thinline. there last winter. You can order a guitar to your specfications

You might try Buffalo Bros. Guitars in CAlforina. They are great for customer service tell Greg Parnell the electric shop. I purchased an ASAT G& L "Thinline from them last winter. You can order a guitar to your specfications. The extra case I ordered and itcame for a price that Fender

guitar cheap

I have a 1967 martin D28 for sale that belonged to my husband. Make an offer and I will send pics. I dont want alot really im just trying to make some space now that he is gone.

Re: guitar cheap

: I have a 1967 martin D28 for sale that belonged to my husband. Make an offer and I will send pics. I dont want alot really im just trying to make some space now that he is gone.

Hello im interested in the guitar, im not sure in what shape it is in, so for now i'll make u an offer that ranges 100-200 dollars. Please end me photos so i can make a better offer. Thank you

If you still have your martin D-28 I'm interested and I am willing to pay up to $1000 for it depending on the condition.

Ready to make any offer on your D28 if it is still on hand. But would like to know what kind of shape its in (any cracks, any bow to the neck ie are strings far from fretboard, that kind of thing). Do you have a pic you could send (if you cant scan it, I could give you a mail address to send one). Finally could you list the serial # in your reply (inside the body?)

Thanks, Jon

Mrs Dean: Sight unseen, would offer $900 for your Martin (if you still have it). Sure would like to know serial # & see pics. Is it in good shape (any cracks? straight neck?). Thanks, Jon, NH

: I have a 1967 martin D28 for sale that belonged to my husband. Make an offer and I will send pics. I dont want alot really im just trying to make some space now that he is gone.

: : I have a 1967 martin D28 for sale that belonged to my husband. Make an offer and I will send pics. I dont want alot really im just trying to make some space now that he is gone.

I would love to buy this guitar to play, can you send me a photo to teh above email address. Thanks,

Marc

What is the serial #, does it come with a case. what is your asking price ?

THANKS

if u still have this guitar please send pics im interested in seeing the guitar thanks chris

Smart Guy...is being such an ass natural or acquired?

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: Smart Guy...is being such an ass natural or acquired?

I am sorry I offended you. Roll another joint its ok that your 40 and still living with your toothless aunt.

He's a........

Fucking kraut.... what do you expect !!!

Re: He's a........

I'd rather be a kraut then Dutch...that would suck!

Re: He's a........

I agree, kraut > clog > frog > wop

: I'd rather be a kraut then Dutch...that would suck!

Anyone heard of an Ovation Condor Guitar?

I think it is a '71 model. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also do you know the value of these things?

Re: Anyone heard of an Ovation Condor Guitar?

: I think it is a '71 model. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also do you know the value of these things?
I am looking for info too. I have one. I think it may be a collectors guitar. I will keep looking for info. If you find anything out I would appreciate you letting me know too!

help me tune this mofo please!?

i know how to drop d tune, but when they say" This song's tuning is drop D; then all strings down one whole step
(C-G-C-F-A-D)" what does the "down one whole step" mean? thanks!

Re: help me tune this mofo please!?

That means loosen each string so that the pitch is one complete tone down from dropped d 440 tuning. The only reason you would want to do this is to play along with the recording you can play the song in normal dropped d tuning. Or just transpose the song up two frets if your using bar chords.

Re: help me tune this mofo please!?

Smart Guy's i.d card has a picture of a rock on it. Don't pay attention to him. Drop D tuning is where you take the low E string (the thick one) and tune it down one step to D. You leave all the other strings alone. When it says to tune down one whole step then you tune to dgcfad instead of eadgbe. A "step" is the measure between tones. From A to B is one whole step. From A to A# is a half step. B to C and E to F are also half steps as there are no sharps or flats in between. You should probably pick up some literature that explains this kind of guitar theory, it makes it a little easier to understand than a message board.

Need help restringing my Strat

I have a Fender Stratocaster with tuners that have the hole in the top instead of through the middle. I have absolutely no clue how to restring the guitar. Someone please help me.

Re: Need help restringing my Strat

: I have a Fender Stratocaster with tuners that have the hole in the top instead of through the middle. I have absolutely no clue how to restring the guitar. Someone please help me.

Cut the string just short 1 inch past the tuner post. Put a righ angle bend in the string and slip it into hole in center of the post. Crank the tuner key. No big deal.

check out www.justinguitar.co.uk

__________________anyone from germany????

Gutentag?

Hell no !!!!!!

I always thought krauts were mindless fuckwits, and you have proven my theory... thankee kindly!

: Gutentag?

it is about a RP-01 pedal remote of zoom and the 3000

i want to know if the RP-01 Remote pedal of zoom that is opcional for the Zoom 3000, when i buy it, the Pedal, the mini dim cable comes with the pedal or i have to buy it in another different place, because i dont find that cable and the pedal that i bought does´nt have it, please someone answer me quickly please, also i want to know if i can play my guitar with one different pedal wha, for example, i have the 3000, and the jim dunlop cry baby wha wha, i connect my guitar in the input of the jim dunlop, and the output of the jim dunlop i connect it in the input of the 3000, and the output of the 3000 i connect it in the input of my amplifier, i want to know if that is possible, please answer me

i have a ax1500g korg

please want to buy some sets for a lots of heavy metal bands and more for this processor

Acoustic Blues & Folk stuff at...

If you can check out my Acoustic Blues & Folk stuff.
No need to register to listen or download.
Thanks!!!

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Clint_M._Lavens/

Roland Me5 sounds

I'm hoping a sounds wizz can pass on some patches for the me5 that sound great espescially Santana or Gary Moore

Les Paul Copy

I have a Les Paul copy that has no name on the head and only a diamond (not split) on it. It is a pretty nice guitar and I would like to find out more about it. Does anyone know of a good place to look it up?
Thanks

Re: Les Paul Copy

: I have a Les Paul copy that has no name on the head and only a diamond (not split) on it. It is a pretty nice guitar and I would like to find out more about it. Does anyone know of a good place to look it up?
: Thanks

I have no idea dip shit

Which sound card should I get?

I'm assembling a pc and would like to start doing some hard drive recording. I know very little about the process, but I do know I need a good sound card. Audigy 2? Pros and cons? Any suggestions?

Re: Which sound card should I get?

Audigy 2 is just Audigy with 6.1 speaker support - not worth it for recording (or anything else in my opinion)

If you're going to be doing solo recording - 1 track at a time - the audigy platinum will do you wonders once you tweak it a bit. If you're going to do multi-track recording it's all but worthless, in which case i suggest buying a mic pre-amp and a adc/dac converter that comes with a dsp24 pci card - this is the setup i use for recording my band, it set me back about 400$ but i've never been more satisfied for my price (the 400$ price was for an 8 in/out pre-amp and an 8 in/out adc/dac - both single space rackmounts)

hope this helps
: I'm assembling a pc and would like to start doing some hard drive recording. I know very little about the process, but I do know I need a good sound card. Audigy 2? Pros and cons? Any suggestions?

Re: Which sound card should I get?

I think the Audigy 2 zs platinum pro
is the best compter generated sound blaster for recording vocals and gigs.
I don't know how you say it's just for 6.1 or this kosshers.

Jaco Pastorius ..rare photos and tapes !!

http://digilander.libero.it/yakbass/index.html

search : "FENDER BASS PAGES"
this Site contains :
a JACO PASTORIUS PAGE
a FENDER VINTAGE PAGE
http://digilander.libero.it/yakbass/index.html

Ibanez Roland synth-ready guitar

I have a Roland Synth-ready guitar. It was made
by Ibanez for Roland This is a QUALITY instruments and the synth pickup that's installed
on it is worth more than $100. It is being auctioned on ebay right now and the current bid is only $39.00

click here to see it:
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2500667544">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2500667544</a>

Need info on Quest or Toledo guitars!

Need info on Quest or Toledo guitars!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need info on Quest or Toledo guitars!

april wine guitar tabs

hey?...
Does anyone know where i can find guitar tabs for the songs Weeping Widow and Bad side of the Moon by April Wine?..Thanx

Re: april wine guitar tabs

yeah... if anyone finds them, can you send them to me, too.. i'm can't find weeping widow anywhere... thanks

: yeah... if anyone finds them, can you send them to me, too.. i'm can't find Bad side of the moon... thanks

same, bad side of the moon

i no april wine tabs are like none existant on the net.makes me wanna punch whoever didn't think of posting any april wine tabs.

if u find the tabs to bad side of the moon please send them this way, i've looked everywhere but still cant find.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.