Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2003

Archive for posts from March, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

El Degas

I have an El Degas GB22 and can find no info at all on it. Anyone know when it was made or the approximate value ?

Thanks

can any-one recommend

can any-one recommend a good amp??

Re: can any-one recommend

Crate Excalibur...awsome amp.

Re: can any-one recommend

Depends on what you want it for. A very good sounding amp with plenty of volume for home and small gig use is Marshalls' AVT50. That's my recommendation.

DoD death metal

I need dod death metal schematics with the name of IC.
Thanks

Re: DoD death metal

: I need dod ,metal x fx70, schematics : Thanks

from Chile.

Framus 12 String Guitar

I have a Framus 12 String Guitar purchased in 1967. I was trying to determine what value to place on it.
The bridge has started to lift but should be easily repaired.

Re: Framus 12 String Guitar

I have three of these(!). My sister's Texan 12-string which I gave ner new in 1965; my Texan 12-string I bought new in Italy in 1968, and an all-flame-maple Texan 12 I just got on eBay. I think one of these, in good condition, should probably be worth $200-300 and be more valuable as time progresses. I am trying to find out about a fellow in Germany who is a Framus enthusiast and has lots of information on the older acoustics. The current Framus firm, although run by the founder's son, has no archival info on the old firm which went bankrupt in the mid-70s.

Sandy

I have a framus 12-string I bought used, in 1969. I am ready to send it to the shop for about $400 - 500 worth of work. That's not because the guitar has that much value but it is a sentimental favorite for me.

Here are 2 on ebay that might be helpful to watch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2537090965&category=2385

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2538361116&category=2385

Pastor Chuck Barnett
Bryant Community Church
26830 53rd Ave. NE
Arlington, WA 98223
360-435-8311

My Framus 12-string was purchased in early 1967 in Kansas City. I carried it all over Southeast Asia (yeah, that place),and I left it for safekeeping [sic] with a girl in L-A after getting out of the Navy. A bit later I came back to find out IT and the house had burned to the ground... never found out about the girl. That's what she gets for not saving my Framus. All that inlay was HAND DONE, you know... I seem to remember that the neck was laminated from 23 pieces of wood... thinnest neck of any 12-string. And made in Bavaria. When I get to heaven, my calluses will be smooth and it'll be waiting... later

MOSRITE BASS PARTS

Help Please!
I am looking forthe Bridge Cover for a 70-71 Mosrite Bass it looks like a Ventures Model without the Ventures logo
can anyone help me?

Re: MOSRITE BASS PARTS

: Help Please!
: I am looking forthe Bridge Cover for a 70-71 Mosrite Bass it looks like a Ventures Model without the Ventures logo
: can anyone help me?

Contact "Knight's Music", in Placerville,Ca.(530)626-0373
Ask for the owner Mel. He knows, Nokie Edwards who
is Ventures alumni and they both are collectors
of Mosrite. If anything he can give you some leads.
My mother bought me a (Ventures)Mosrite bass in "64"
for $325.00. Alot of doe in "64". I gave the guitar
to a kid that wonted to play bass. After the death
of Mr.Mosley (designer/craftsmen)Approx.4 years ago
the Mosrite Bass is valued at $2000.00 to $4000.00
for a "closet-classic". The pot knobs(with the "M"logo) are valued at "$200.00 to $300.00 each.
Good-Luck with the bridge cover!
Randall

Kramer Sustainer

I have a 89 Kramer sustainer.The warranty card states its a pcs model. Does this mean its a Pacer model with the sustainer

12 strings efect for Boss GT-3

HI
does any of you guys have by any chance a good effect of 12 strings for the GT-3 ? If yes please mail it to me as i cant work out the sound in looking for.
thanks

simple songs to play

i kno the arials song already but give me some songs like green day and the vines

Re: simple songs to play

no such thing as simple songs. Unless it's smoke on the water. lol.

I HAVE A VOX GUITAR FOR SALE

I HAVE A VOX ELECTRIC GUITAL FOR SALE. I CAN EMAIL PICTURES OF IT TO ANYONE INTERESTED. I DO NOT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER AT THIS TIME, BUT WILL GET THIS INFO FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED. IT IS AN ESTATE ITEM, MY FATHER OWNED IT FOR 30 PLUS YEARS.

Re: I HAVE A VOX GUITAR FOR SALE

: I HAVE A VOX ELECTRIC GUITAL FOR SALE. I CAN EMAIL PICTURES OF IT TO ANYONE INTERESTED. I DO NOT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER AT THIS TIME, BUT WILL GET THIS INFO FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED. IT IS AN ESTATE ITEM, MY FATHER OWNED IT FOR 30 PLUS YEARS.

: : I HAVE A VOX ELECTRIC GUITAL FOR SALE. I CAN EMAIL PICTURES OF IT TO ANYONE INTERESTED. I DO NOT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER AT THIS TIME, BUT WILL GET THIS INFO FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED. IT IS AN ESTATE ITEM, MY FATHER OWNED IT FOR 30 PLUS YEARS.

Would like to see pictures

Thanks

Hi. can you send me some pictures? Thanks Ermanno

: : : I HAVE A VOX ELECTRIC GUITAL FOR SALE. I CAN EMAIL PICTURES OF IT TO ANYONE INTERESTED. I DO NOT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER AT THIS TIME, BUT WILL GET THIS INFO FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED. IT IS AN ESTATE ITEM, MY FATHER OWNED IT FOR 30 PLUS YEARS.

:
: Would like to see pictures

: Thanks

Please send me pictures of the guitar. I would like to know if you still have it for sale.

I'm looking for a Vox Phantom XII

: I HAVE A VOX ELECTRIC GUITAL FOR SALE. I CAN EMAIL PICTURES OF IT TO ANYONE INTERESTED. I DO NOT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER AT THIS TIME, BUT WILL GET THIS INFO FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED. IT IS AN ESTATE ITEM, MY FATHER OWNED IT FOR 30 PLUS YEARS.

Please send pictures and price.

Thanks,
Chris
: : I HAVE A VOX ELECTRIC GUITAL FOR SALE. I CAN EMAIL PICTURES OF IT TO ANYONE INTERESTED. I DO NOT KNOW THE MODEL NUMBER AT THIS TIME, BUT WILL GET THIS INFO FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED. IT IS AN ESTATE ITEM, MY FATHER OWNED IT FOR 30 PLUS YEARS.

Left Handed NJ Beast

Does BC Rich make a left handed NJ series Beast guitar?

I want a left handed bc rich 5 string

: Does BC Rich make a left handed 5 string guitar?

Re: I want a left handed bc rich 5 string

: : Does BC Rich make a left handed 5 string guitar?

bass guitar? Not bass, but I know they do a lefty electric guitar, the BC Rich Warlock Pro...

Re: I want a left handed bc rich 5 string

: : Does BC Rich make a left handed 5 string guitar?

Sure, surf to -- http://lefthandedguitars.the-mall.net/bc_rich.html and pick up your 5 string. :P

Re: Yeah they do, but....

: Does BC Rich make a left handed NJ series Beast guitar?

Yeah, but you have to have a dealer direct order it as a custom order from the factory. BC Rich doesn't up the charge for lefties. You can also talk directly to the guys at BC Rich and they'll make it for you.

Re: Left Handed NJ Beast

: I need a fuckin left-handed beast bass where can i find one

gimme sum new licks

I need some new licks if ya got sum post em up.

standard double fat strat

i am buying my first guitar and i am thinking of buying a double fat strat. is there a difference between the regular guitars and a double fat strat? Any comparisons/info on the guitar would be very much appreciated.

Re: standard double fat strat

Double fat means twin humbucking pickups.
Is that what you want? I like my single colis in a Strat. It's up to you.

SObell

Hi all, I'm looking for a sobell, cosmetics aren't important.

Warmest Regards,
Terence

Best wah ever made

I'd have to say the George Dennis GD 30.
I love mine. What about you?

Re: Best wah ever MADE

YEAH RIGHT YA FUCKING DIMWIT !!!!!

HAAAAAA LAMER !!!

: I'd have to say the George Dennis GD 30.
: I love mine. What about you?

Re: Best wah ever made

i'd have to say the original vox is the best ever, especially when used in line with a crybaby.

G&L guitars?

Hi!

I've been offered to buy a G&L guitar (a ASAT classic custom semi-hollow). I live in Sweden, where G&L guitars are rarely seen (we got no retailer for G&L in Sweden).

My quetion is: Are these guitars any good? I was almost set to buy a Fender Mex-tele, when I was offered to buy this guitar at almost the same price. What do you think? Should I buy it or should I rather go with a Mex-tele?

Re: G&L guitars?

Hi there! I STRONGLY suggest that you buy the G&L! ESPECIALLY if they're going for the same price!! I have owned a Mexi Tele; those things are good for beginners, but Fender's Mexican series a really pieces of junk (I recently replaced it with a USA standard Telecaster). I have never owned a G&L myself, but I have a frend who own the EXACT guitar you've been offered to buy. And I'll be damned if it isn't one of the sweetest guitars I've seen. You can get SOOOOO many amazing tones from that thing!

Please go to www.glguitars.com and check out their history (the company was started by Leo Fender, and is still independantly run). Listn to the sound bytes to make sure this is what you want. Skimming over their artist list couldn't hurt, either.

Alex

PS: Just remove "nospam" if you want to email me.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply! Highly appreciated!

Well, the guitar I'm offered was bought new in US and brought to Sweden by a private seller. I have now seen, and played on the guitar and it feels and looks brand new. It's painted in a custom color (blue-burst) and has the F-hole. The seller asks around $1100 (wich apperars to be a "fair" price for a guitar like this in Sweden, where a Mex-tele classic series costs around $900 with hardcase, and a US Standard tele around $1800). Any comments to the pricing would be highly appreciated. Is $1100 too much?

Thanks in advance!

/Danny

Woah... a Mexi-Tele costs 900 in Sweden?! That's as much as the US Standards cost in the States... The Mexicans cost about 300-400 bucks here. G&L guitars usually cost around 1200-2000 dollars as far as I've seen, so yeah, you're getting a fair deal on the ASAT Custom Semi-Hollowbody. Especially when you can get a piece-of-s**t Mexican Telecaster for practically the same price. I wish you a happy purchase. If you do buy the G&L, you probably won't have to buy another guitar again for several years. Plus it's an added bonus that they're rarely seen in Sweden, so you'll get to show off how pretty and new it is. ;)

Alex

Yepp, guitars are expensive in Sweden. We are punished with a 25% VAT, wich makes already expensive products even more expensive. Just to give you an exampel: a gallon of gas costs around 5 bucks...

I've made up my mind regarding the ASAT. I will buy it later today. Your arguments are very convincing - and as you say, it's always cool to be a little different from the rest! Thank you! :-)

/Danny

Well then, I wish you and your guitar a happy marriage. I'm sure you will be satisfied. Keep on shredding, my friend!

Alex

guitar evolution

Revolutionary guitar designers seeking manufacturers,
backers and consultants interested in unveiling the next phase of guitar evolution. We are a new emerging guitar company focused on reconsidering the guitar.
We are developing bold innovative new designs unlike anything on the market past or present which derive from both modern spatial aerodynamics and an intriguing blend of previously forbidden art elements
and ancient supernatural talisman sources. The result is a new and wildly empowering guitar aesthetic.
In addition we are developing new tone and resonance technology allowing for much greater sophitocation in guitar/amp interface. Combining this new technology with these radical and refreshing new designs, we expect soon to present a new market standard.
Inquiries to: coolintensity@yahoo.com

nofx: stikin in my eeeeeye!

does any1 no how to do the squealy bit after the chorus and in the coda to 'stickin in my eye' by NOFX?

my humbuckers

hey for some reason my treble pickup on my les paul (cheap copy) feedbacks like FUCK even if i jest use mild overdrive and/or distortion. furthermore for some reason i have accidently 'invented' a sound on this guitar where it sounds sort of like a strat' on the 'out of phase' selection, which i actually find PREETY FUCKING COOL!.nonetheless can anyone tell me how sort my feedbacking pickup PLEASE!?

Re: my humbuckers

: hey for some reason my treble pickup on my les paul (cheap copy) feedbacks like FUCK even if i jest use mild overdrive and/or distortion. furthermore for some reason i have accidently 'invented' a sound on this guitar where it sounds sort of like a strat' on

Like I said before... Take up sewing...

my humbuckers

hey for some reason my treble pickup on my les paul (cheap copy) feedbacks like FUCK even if i jest use mild overdrive and/or distortion. furthermore for some reason i have accidently 'invented' a sound on this guitar where it sounds sort of like a strat' on the 'out of phase' selection, which i actually find PREETY FUCKING COOL!.nonetheless can anyone tell me how sort my feedbacking pickup PLEASE!?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.