Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2003

Archive for posts from March, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: my humbuckers

: hey for some reason my treble pickup on my les paul (cheap copy) feedbacks like FUCK even if i jest use mild overdrive and/or distortion. furthermore for some reason i have accidently 'invented' a sound on this guitar where it sounds sort of like a strat' on the 'out of phase' selection, which i actually find PREETY FUCKING COOL!.nonetheless can anyone tell me how sort my feedbacking pickup PLEASE!?

Quit playing guitar. Sounds like you suck anyway!

Re: you cock!

To the COCK who said I suck maybe you can perfect your technique in playing twinkle twinkle little star before you say I suck. your days are numbered PAL!

Re: you cock!

wow! no need to get hostile

Re: my humbuckers

It sounds like your pickup needs to be sheilded or POTTED.The guitar tech will dip the pickup in a special wax(PARAFIN)and let it cool.This should cure the microphonic squeal you're getting.

an old ovation acoustic's value

does anyone know about ovation guitars. my grandfather
gave me an old ovation and i was wondering what it was
worth.
thanks in advance

Guitar chords

Hi, Does any one know where I can find guitar chords for a Tom Jones song on his greatest hits album caled The new mexican Puppeteer?

Guitar chords

Hi, Does any one know where I can find guitar chords for a Tom Jones song on his greatest hits album caled The new mexican Puppeteer?

Guitar chords

Re: Guitar chords

I reckon I play some Tom Jones from time to time, UH HUH.

: Hi, Does any one know where I can find guitar chords for a Tom Jones song on his greatest hits album caled The new mexican Puppeteer?

fret dress

Hay guys do any of you know of a good web site that shows in detail how to do a fret dress yourself ... THANKS.

What cost?

What do you think the value of a 1923 Model.000
Martian guitar is worth. It's in Perfect condition.

question to david gilmour fans

Hey!
All those of you who like david gilmour`s sound so much,tell me which guitars or which setup you use to immitate his sound(if that`s possibel!?)
Thanks

Re: question to david gilmour fans

My guitar teacher randomly sent me this URL. Check it out for a full list of Gilmore Gear.

http://members.tripod.com/gianni77/generalgear.html

Looking for a luthier in the Ottawa area

I have a '70's Odyssey guitar that needs a neck repair.

Re: Looking for a luthier in the Ottawa area

: I have a '70's Odyssey guitar that needs a neck repair.

Hey man, check out Terry Calder at Long & Mcquades on Alta Vista at Bank. Do have any more info on Odyssey guitars? I Believe I have one but have not been able to find any info on the net.

Bass Guitars Stores

Hey dudes im looking for a store who sales Bass Guitars not relly expensive, who in Ottawa??

D'Armond pickups fpr coronado II

Wouold l;ike to find both pickups fpor a Fender Coronado II,,,they were D'Armonds originally,,,

Re: D'Armond pickups fpr coronado II

: Wouold l;ike to find both pickups fpor a Fender Coronado II,,,they were D'Armonds originally,,,
april 16, 2004, hello Dave, are you still looking for original Fender Coranado/DeArmond pickups?I have a complete 196? wiring harness including pots, caps and two chrome/black original Coronado II pickups. All that is missing is the toggle switch and the jack. And the guitar...

LOOKING FOR INFO ON AN ACOUSTIC EPIPHONE/GIBSON

HI
I need info my husband brought back to lif this old guitar for my daughter, it is an acoustic, and at the top it says Epiphone by Gibson. My husbnad was wondering if that was the transition time when the one company joined with the other or what. We would also like to find out a year on this guitar if anyone knows it.
Inside the guitar it says EPIPHONE BY Gibson and the model is PR 350.
We are curious if any one knows any info on this guitar or when the transition period was, any information would be helpful, we researched the net for info but havew been unable to find anything.
thank you

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON AN ACOUSTIC EPIPHONE/GIBSON

: HI
: I need info my husband brought back to lif this old guitar for my daughter, it is an acoustic, and at the top it says Epiphone by Gibson. My husbnad was wondering if that was the transition time when the one company joined with the other or what. We would also like to find out a year on this guitar if anyone knows it.
: Inside the guitar it says EPIPHONE BY Gibson and the model is PR 350.
: We are curious if any one knows any info on this guitar or when the transition period was, any information would be helpful, we researched the net for info but havew been unable to find anything.
: thank you

Re: LOOKING FOR INFO ON AN ACOUSTIC EPIPHONE/GIBSON

: : HI
: : I need info my husband brought back to lif this old guitar for my daughter, it is an acoustic, and at the top it says Epiphone by Gibson. My husbnad was wondering if that was the transition time when the one company joined with the other or what. We would also like to find out a year on this guitar if anyone knows it.
: : Inside the guitar it says EPIPHONE BY Gibson and the model is PR 350.
: : We are curious if any one knows any info on this guitar or when the transition period was, any information would be helpful, we researched the net for info but havew been unable to find anything.
: : thank you

It is made by Epiphone for Gibson,,,,made in china most likely,,,I have a pr 200 EB it is a smaller model. Decent guitar ,,especially for a student.

Kristoff Guitars

Does anyone have any information about these ?

fuckers!

i own you all so give it up. Go practice then come back. But I can still shred better and faster than all of you all the time. EAT MY ASS!

Re: fuckers!

: cunt!

hey fuck you !

hey fuck you guy i will slit you fucking throut if you ever talk like that again

what ever

go demonstrate your inferiority complex elsewhere mate! don't clog this discussion board with shit like that.

fret attatchment

I'd like my kid to get into playing the guitar with his Mom and he wants to, but his fingers are too little. A friend told me there was an attatchment that fits on the fret board. For example, by pushing the G button with just one finger, it will push the strings down to make the G chord. I guess there is a different button for each chord. This would get him intrested until his fingers got a little bigger, but I can't find one anywhere. Can anyone help??

Bass Guitars worth

My boyfriend has a Alembic Bass guitar, series 1, 1980 with zebrawood in great condition. Does anyone know what it might be worth? thanks

i need a detail picture

i really need the peavey raptor picture, detail!

Giannini six string acoustic guitar,what they worhth?

Recently came into possesion of a i am told early hand made guitar possibly 1960 this is all i know,it is a beautiful piece,very nice workmanship...solid neck and a carved head piece...
any ideas or sites i can go too???

Re: Giannini six string acoustic guitar,what they worhth?

: Recently came into possesion of a i am told early hand made guitar possibly 1960 this is all i know,it is a beautiful piece,very nice workmanship...solid neck and a carved head piece...
: any ideas or sites i can go too???

About $100-250, depending on the model...I've owned a few over the years and they're a good working guitar, but not-so-good investment.

Re: Giannini six string acoustic guitar,what they worhth?

: : Recently came into possesion of a i am told early hand made guitar possibly 1960 this is all i know,it is a beautiful piece,very nice workmanship...solid neck and a carved head piece...
: : any ideas or sites i can go too???

: About $100-250, depending on the model...I've owned a few over the years and they're a good working guitar, but not-so-good investment.

i also have come into a gianinni classical guitar and am wondering what era it is from. it is made from brazilian wood with bone bridge and nut, including the fret markers. if you have any comments on the value of it please post it.

Mosrite Johnny Ramone

Nobody seems to do Mosrites in the UK, let alone this one. Anyone know of any for sale in UK or where I can get one shipped to UK at a reasonable cost?

CAPT

Re: Mosrite Johnny Ramone

Sold mine recently on ebay uk for 700 quid. Sorry it was the only one i had, i'll keep my eyes peeled though. I know they sell them on Denmark Street for 1200+.
G

: Sold mine recently on ebay uk for 700 quid. Sorry it was the only one i had, i'll keep my eyes peeled though. I know they sell them on Denmark Street for 1200+.
: G

After the passing of Mr.Mosley, 4 years ago the value
has jumped-up. See MOSRITE at the bottom of his page.
Randall

:
: Nobody seems to do Mosrites in the UK, let alone this one. Anyone know of any for sale in UK or where I can get one shipped to UK at a reasonable cost?

: CAPT
SEE MOSRITE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

www.edroman.com

:
: Nobody seems to do Mosrites in the UK, let alone this one. Anyone know of any for sale in UK or where I can get one shipped to UK at a reasonable cost?

: CAPT

I got one shipped from Japan in the end. Thanks to a favourable exchange rate and the seller's insistence in being paid in US$ I got a secondhand one for £600 shipped to my door. Cool!....and it's ace!

Favourite music?

Favourite music?

Whats your favourite type of music? Who's your favourite band?

westone spectrum lx tromolo replacement

were can i get a tromolo replacement bridge for a westone spectrun lx

Re: westone spectrum lx tromolo replacement

: were can i get a tromolo replacement bridge for a westone spectrun lx

Depends on what Trem you have. If you have the Fine Tuning Floyd type, I have an extra that is black. No arm, but a standard should screw in fine

Re: westone spectrum dx

where can i get a replacement bridge for my left handed westone spectrum dx. its a bendmaster deluxe bridge.

HELP! Hughes & Kettner Triamp - msm-1 trouble

Hi. I recently installed the msm-1 midi controller into my HK Triamp, and for the most part it works fine, except for one problem: When I switch the amp's channels via the midi controller, the amp won't allow me to manually switch channels again until I send a program change that hasn't yet been stored into the msm-1. It's acting as if the midi module is "holding" the channel buttons in rather than just tapping them. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, does anyone know how to erase presets from the msm-1? For example, once I tell it to change to a certain channel when it recieves a particular program change via midi, can I remove that so the amp stays where it is when it recieves that same PC?

THANKS!!

Re: HELP! Hughes & Kettner Triamp - msm-1 trouble

it's not a problem it's done that way.
second, if you want to use same pc you have to copy it on your midi device on a different place. like program one on device switch on amp 1a, if you want it to stay on amp1a on program two you have to copy that program or learn the triamp to stay there.

Tascam 244 schematics

Has anyone got a schematic of a tascam 244 for D/L. Thanks

Great new guitar straps

I was at the winter NAMM show this past January and found this great new guitar straps system called Strapture. Your rear strp end can slide forwrard on two cords that fun behind the guitar between the strap buttons. It lets you slide the guitar back making it easier to work the neck, and it will ballance the guitar wherever you want it, even real neck heavy guitars. The cords keep the connectors securly on the strap buttons, so there is no need for strap locks. Check out their web site, www.straptrue.come, for more info and photos. I use mine all the time and love it.

what kind of guitar...help?

i need help buying a guitar~
acoustic electric, under 600~
any suggestions?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.