Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2003

Archive for posts from March, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: pedal power

: Voodoolab.com It is called Pedalpower2, you can pick it up at guitarheaven.com for $165. Good Luck

topgun anthem

could someone please send me the topgun anthem tablature Thankyou

history line for the guitar

Here follows a brief Timeline.

1265 Juan Gil of Zamora mentions the early guitar in "Ars Musica.

1283-1350 Guitarra Latina & Guitar Moresca are mentioned multiple times in the poems of the Archpriest of Hita

1306 A "gitarer" was played at the Feast of Westminster in England

1404 "Der mynnen regein" by Eberhard Von Cersne makes reference to a "quinterne."

1487 Johannes Tinctoris described the guitarra as being invented by the Catalans. This refers to the four course guitar. Each course represents one pair of double strings.

1546 "Tres Libros de Musica en Cifras para Vihuela" by Alonso Mudarra is the first publication to include music for guitar.

1551-1555 Nine books of tablature were published by Adrian Le Roy. These include the first pieces for 5 course guitar. The addition of the fifth course was attributed to Vicente Espinel

1600-1650 Many publications of tablature for the guitar. It's popularity begins to rival the lute.

1674 Publication of "Guitarre Royal" by F. Corbetta increased the guitar's popularity. It was dedicated to Louis XIV.

1770-1800 A sixth string was added to the guitar and the courses were replaced by single strings.

1800-1850 Guitar enjoyed a large popularity both in performances and publishing. Fernando Sor, Mauro Guiliani, Matteo Carcassi and Dioniso Aguado all performed, taught, wrote and had published their compositions.

1850-1892 Guitar maker Manual Torres develops the larger more resonant instrument we know today.

1916 Segovia performs at Ateneo, the most important concert hall in Madrid. Before this it was thought that the guitar did not have the volume for this type of venue.

1946 Nylon replaces gut as a string material

Re: history line for the guitar

: Here follows a brief Timeline.

: 1265 Juan Gil of Zamora mentions the early guitar in "Ars Musica.

:
: 1283-1350 Guitarra Latina & Guitar Moresca are mentioned multiple times in the poems of the Archpriest of Hita

: 1306 A "gitarer" was played at the Feast of Westminster in England

: 1404 "Der mynnen regein" by Eberhard Von Cersne makes reference to a "quinterne."

: 1487 Johannes Tinctoris described the guitarra as being invented by the Catalans. This refers to the four course guitar. Each course represents one pair of double strings.

: 1546 "Tres Libros de Musica en Cifras para Vihuela" by Alonso Mudarra is the first publication to include music for guitar.

: 1551-1555 Nine books of tablature were published by Adrian Le Roy. These include the first pieces for 5 course guitar. The addition of the fifth course was attributed to Vicente Espinel

: 1600-1650 Many publications of tablature for the guitar. It's popularity begins to rival the lute.

: 1674 Publication of "Guitarre Royal" by F. Corbetta increased the guitar's popularity. It was dedicated to Louis XIV.

: 1770-1800 A sixth string was added to the guitar and the courses were replaced by single strings.

: 1800-1850 Guitar enjoyed a large popularity both in performances and publishing. Fernando Sor, Mauro Guiliani, Matteo Carcassi and Dioniso Aguado all performed, taught, wrote and had published their compositions.

: 1850-1892 Guitar maker Manual Torres develops the larger more resonant instrument we know today.

: 1916 Segovia performs at Ateneo, the most important concert hall in Madrid. Before this it was thought that the guitar did not have the volume for this type of venue. 65846cvbgs bla bla bla

: 1946 Nylon replaces gut as a string material

Cracked Fingerboard NEW 2003 Yacopi

How could your explain a cracked fingerboard, looking like old dried up cheese. From the sound hole back 5 frets a crack completely through the ebony fingerboard. Every fret bar passes the fingerboard on both sides by 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch on both sides of the fingerboard; so if you were to slide the neck through your hand you would cut your hand! Also the back side centre seam beveling from both sides. Also every fret had visible space between the metal bar and the finger board. This was a NEW 2003 Signed Jose Yacopi from Argentina. Sold to me By Omar Oyarzabal from Lansing Mi. I paid huge coin. What could possibly be the reason for the guitar in this shape.

Re: Cracked Fingerboard NEW 2003 Yacopi

How could your explain a cracked fingerboard, looking like old dried up cheese. From the sound hole 2003 Jose Yacopi Signed Classical [ 1,900 ] Posted Apr 14, 2003
Spruce top, mahogany back and sides, ebony fretboard, French polish, shaller tuner. Scale length 650 mm. This is a concert, signed model guitar very comfortable to play with thin neck, which allows the left hand to move effortlessly. Yacopi is a famous Argentinean luthier that at age 86 continues making wonderful guitars.

Monte Montgomery in NYC on 4/3!

Hey, anybody here know about Monte Montgomery? I have heard that is a killer guitarist but, I've never seen him live before. He is playing at the Lion's Den in new york on 4/3 and I'm thinking about hitting it up. Anybody seen him before? Thanks

this is what you want

I can teach anything you want to know, Give me a hollar and I will see what I can do for ya.

LANEY WORLD SERIES 60R

hey does anybody have any info on this amp? i've got one want to know about it, mainly how much its worth 'cos i need a bit more power. couldn't find anything so far, please e-mail if you know anything cos i dont go on here much. thanks
Simon

Re: LANEY WORLD SERIES 60R

i'm going to buy an amplificator like yours... i want some information and what do u prefer? a laney TF100 or a Laney WS 60R ?

Please help us

My boyfriend has an ESP flying V with floyd rose and when he bought it no one showed him how to change the strings, EVERY music store in our hometown and where we live now has given him horoble information on how to do it. Every diffrent technique that he has been told to use has been wrong. He hasn't played this guitar in a year because no one will help him. We've even taken the guitar into music shops and all they will do is say "Oh, I don't need to show you. Just do this it's easy." and he'll ask if they could show him real fast and they won't they'll tell him to try out what they said and if that doesn't work to just play with it. The guitar now sits in the corner with 6 months old strings on it but they are not attached. Can some one please help us and give us just a little information. Thankyou so much.

Re: Please help us

What kind of bridge is on it?

he says standered floyd rose

Hey, those floyd rose bridges can be tricky. It depends on the model. Some of them the you have to cut off the ball of the string in order to use it. These bridges usually have two sets of pins for each saddle, one vertical, one horozontal. they also have the locking nut. This will be the last part of the fret board. You need an allen wrench. Make sure to put the flat side of the locking nut down. (there are three seperate peices all identical, that have a flat side and a round side). It really depends on the model of the bridge. Check out ESP to find out what style they use on that guitar. Check floyd rose out too. They should tell you how to use there stuff.

value of guild nylon string guitar

I wish to find out the value of a GUILD nylon string guitar.
The model number is C100E. The serial number is L6000036.
This is a predominantly live instrument, narrow width, with
the back and sides routed out of a single piece of mahogany.
Similar to the Gibson Chet Atkins model nylon strings.

error in Guitar pro 4 full version....help needed

error in Guitar pro 4 full version....help needed

Re: error in Guitar pro 4 full version....help needed

Email the software author and he'll be happy to help.

: error in Guitar pro 4 full version....help needed

: Email the software author and he'll be happy to help.

: : error in Guitar pro 4 full version....help needed

WHEN I OPEN SOME GUITAR PRO 4 FILE IS WRITTEN TO ME "TO OPEN THIS FILE BRINGING THE SOFTWARE VERSION OF THE PROGRAM UP TO DATE IS NECESSARY" WHAT I CAN DO?

: Email the software author and he'll be happy to help.

: : error in Guitar pro 4 full version....help needed
YO YO YO GOTO WONDER LAND AT KAZAA.COM WHERE YOU CAN HELP YOUR SELF TO ANYTHING YOU NEED.GUITAR PRO FULL 4

HERE WHAT YOU NEED FORGET ABOUT THE CRACK.

WRITE THIS DOWN VERY IMPORTANT
IF YOU HAVE GUITAR PRO 4 FULL VERSION THIS IS WHAT YOU
NEED KEY NUMBER AND user ID GOOD LUCK

KEY # ID4-48714-23748-28602
USER ID # AROB227697

: error in Guitar pro 4 full version....help neededrsyuirysiuetu

.help needed: looking for guitar pro full

i have the serial number but cant find Guitar pro 4 full version .

Mesa boogie Mark III

Hey, I have a question. I just bought a Mesa boogie Mark III rack mount head. (it has a red stripe over the power cable, what is that?) It has four 12ax7's in it, but it looks like at one time there was a fifth. The space is cut out of the hull, i can see the circut board, and it looks like there are places for the pins to set into. There is no ceramic port for the tube. Is this a modification of some kind? It seems to me that if a fifth tube was supposed to be there the head would not work without it. It sounds great, but if i am missing out on something because of that fifth tube i would like to fix it. If there is anyone out there who could clear this up for me, please let me know.

Re: Mesa boogie Mark III

: Hey, I have a question. I just bought a Mesa boogie Mark III rack mount head. (it has a red stripe over the power cable, what is that?) It has four 12ax7's in it, but it looks like at one time there was a fifth. The space is cut out of the hull, i can see the circut board, and it looks like there are places for the pins to set into. There is no ceramic port for the tube. Is this a modification of some kind? It seems to me that if a fifth tube was supposed to be there the head would not work without it. It sounds great, but if i am missing out on something because of that fifth tube i would like to fix it. If there is anyone out there who could clear this up for me, please let me know.

Check out Boogie, they're really very helpful

Re: Mesa boogie Mark III

On most Mark III's that would be the outputdriver socket. Very curious--your's works without it. The red stripe refers to which step on the Mark evolutionary chain it is (I have a Green Stripe; the last of the bunch).

sound optimization

hi all,

you don't have to spend your entire lifetime playing your musical instrument to find out how it really sounds - just contact me.

more? then look here: http://www.appliedacoustics.de

regards.

emil

Yairi Gakki LTD. Nagoya

I own a handmade Yairi guitar, clase 880 No.1726 AD 1971 classical guitar. Any ideas on value and background. My grandfather told me he purchased it in spain. Grandfather is dead now and I have had this guitar for over 30 years. plays beautiful, sound is rich, unlike others I have played. Any ideas Eric

please help

Hay guys , does anyone know of a web site that shows you ( In detail) How to do a compleate fret dress ???

Re: please help

: Hay guys , does anyone know of a web site that shows you ( In detail) How to do a compleate fret dress ???

Hi Go to stewmac they sell video books ect you will need to read up and buy a recrown file .It`s not that hard to do.If you can get your hands on a junk guitar practice on that one .TAKE YOUR TIME sorry to yell dont want a simple job turn into a refret .

Bick tremontguitars.com

Re: please help

: : Hay guys , does anyone know of a web site that shows you ( In detail) How to do a compleate fret dress ???

: Hi Go to stewmac they sell video books ect you will need to read up and buy a recrown file .It`s not that hard to do.If you can get your hands on a junk guitar practice on that one .TAKE YOUR TIME sorry to yell dont want a simple job turn into a refret .

: Bick tremontguitars.com

Is there a web site that can show me for free ? I thank you very much for your help but Ive been to stu mac many times and im trying to do this low budget .

avt2000 100watt marshall amp

I want to know the best settings for this amp. I'm new to playing guitar and I am having truble finding the best sound. bands I like are Nirvana, bad religion, black flag, green day, afi, and so on. I use a big muff pedal, fender toronado and the amp. I want to quit using the pedal but can't find the best settings on the amp. or if you know the best way to play the pedal that would help to. any hints, tips, or suggestions would be greatly apriciated
thanx

Re: avt2000 100watt marshall amp

uh...yeah turn all of the knobs all the way up. Or for a nice crunchy sound turn the bass to 10 mid to 0 and treble to about 7. And turn off any reverb and turn the gain all the way up too.

avt2000 100watt marshall amp

I want to know the best settings for this amp. I'm new to playing guitar and I am having truble finding the best sound. bands I like are Nirvana, bad religion, black flag, green day, afi, and so on. I use a big muff pedal, fender toronado and the amp. I want to quit using the pedal but can't find the best settings on the amp. or if you know the best way to play the pedal that would help to. any hints, tips, or suggestions would be greatly apriciated
thanx

Headphones or not

Would you rather use your own headphones with an effects unit or use the ones that came with it? If they ever did.

Masterpiece Guitars

Hi there,
Just to let you all know about the website www.p3music.com and the great new album Masterpiece Guitars by Martin Taylor

Re: Masterpiece Guitars

If your into guitar music check them out.

DLS Chorus-Vib verses Boss

I have heard some really nice sound samples of the Chorus-Vib on their web site www.dlseffects.com Also, some good reviews on Harmany Central. Does anyone have one of these? I am looking for something more versatile than Boss.

Re: DLS Chorus-Vib verses Boss

: I haven't heard some nice sound samples of the Chorus-Vib on their web site www.dlseffects.com Also, some good reviews on whormany Central. Does anyone have one of these between their legs ? I am looking for something more versatile than mine.

Old Hohner Acoustic

it has that dark brown and browny yellow colour, saw Elvis in his 68 comeback with a semi acoustic of same colours; what is it worth, thanks.

8 Base Hohner Accordion

What is this little old beauty worth, nowadays?

Re: 8 Base Hohner Accordion

: What is this little old beauty worth, nowadays?
where can i get a chart for this accordion

TASCAM

I NEED OF THE SCHEMATIC TASCAM PORTA 03 MK2
PLEASE

Re: TASCAM

: I NEED OF THE SCHEMATIC TASCAM PORTA 03 MK2
: PLEASE

If you still have your tascam porta 03 km2, I need a favor.
I need the number off the voltage regulator located on one of the legs of the tape counter.(mine is burnt)
This is a crazy request, but I'm flat out of options.
Thanks.

ALBERT JÄRVINEN!!!!!

Help me find tabs for hurriganes or Albert järvinen..... Mail me if you know about it!!

Re: ALBERT JÄRVINEN!!!!!

: Help me find tabs for hurriganes or Albert järvinen..... Mail me if you know about it!!You can try if anybody knows here:
http://www.freebok.net/books/espe64/view.html

1969 yamacki

say how much do you think one of these guitars are worth?

Really Need Help On SOLOS

OK, been playing for 2 years and i'v been practicing
scales, arpeggios, you know. But i can't seem to put what i'v been practicing together to form a decent(my own) scale or solo(lick)...... Has this ever happened to you..
Really Need Help

Re: Really Need Help On SOLOS

: OK, been playing for 2 years and i'v been practicing
: scales, arpeggios, you know. But i can't seem to put what i'v been practicing together to form a decent(my own) scale or solo(lick)...... Has this ever happened to you..
: Really Need Help

Hi
I had the same problem when I was 16 I new every scale arpeggios I could learn and play the fast,But my solos sucked.Then a local guitar player told me to buy jam tapes .These are tapes that play just music in all the keys I use a casio key board now.This gives you the effect of a live band.apply what you learned after a while you will be mixing all the scales ect.Into your own style it works I still know all the scales there just blended up know .I`m 38 my hands are tired I cant play as fast but I got the feel for the solo the song needs do this and it will come to you.

bick tremontguitars.com

SOLOS

Get used to improvising.

Know your fretboard, knwo where to go so that you can play fast but not hit too many wrong notes. Play along to the jam tapes, a friend's radio, any slow music with little guitar soloing in it. Or solo over the top of moderate pace stuff.
If you find a solo you eally likle in a song, chances are you'llhave to adapt it to your playing ability or the effects that you have...
Good luck, it working for me, hope you have fun!
G

Re: Really Need Help On SOLOS

Just learn a few solos of your favourite guitarists, just change them round a bit and call them your own lol!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.