Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2003

Archive for posts from March, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Really Need Help On SOLOS

I have a problem. Iv'e been playing for 4 some-odd years and i practice a LOT. I practice about 3-5 hours a day in all. Every day of the week. I need some advice on pulling off notes cleanly. im learning some Stevie Ray Vaughn and i cant hit the tone bends on "Testify". They require the use of multiple fingers at once' and i cant seem to hold one note (pulled up a fret or two) and hit another. Help me out, pleez

Orlando band seeks guitarist

Alternative/folk/rock and whatever else band needs guitarist to add that special something. We have a rehearsal space in town and a bunch of origional songs. We want to be recording and gigging as soon as possible.

Re: Orlando band seeks guitarist

Hey..I saw your ad and was very interested. I am moving back to Altamonte next week and want to begin playing. Let me know who to get in touch with.

Thanks
Craig

Re: Orlando band seeks guitarist

hi,
im not responding to the guitarist ad, but i was wondering if you could help me out. my band is in desperate need of a practice space. we've been kicked out of a few storage spaces lately. my question is where do you guys play? do you know of any places where they'd allow bands to play regularly ( we dont' mind sharing with another band and splitting rent). thank you for your time..
Bori

acoustic

anybody play {L A} ACOUSTIC??SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE GUITAR ACOUSTICS.

i need the lower class brats song for psycho not bass tabs

someone tell me how to play psycho by the lower class brats

Re: i need the lower class brats song for psycho not bass tabs

hey i need to know how to play it on guitar too

Re: i need the lower class brats song for psycho not bass tabs

: someone tell me how to play psycho by the lower class brats plz bitch plz

JACKSON RHOADS

anyone that has a jackson rhoads usa, rr2...ones w/ the gold outline on them and wants to sell it for a good deal...replay to me

Re: JACKSON RHOADS

It doesnt have the gold outline, but I have a gunmetal gray rhoads in mint condition that I could let go for 500. Let me know.

: anyone that has a jackson rhoads usa, rr2...ones w/ the gold outline on them and wants to sell it for a good deal...replay to me

Re: JACKSON RHOADS

: anyone that has a jackson rhoads usa, rr2...ones w/ the gold outline on them and wants to sell it for a good deal...replay to me

I have a Gun Metal Grey in Near Mint condition I may be willing to let go of if you are interested.

my electric vintage sg

there is a little peice of wire coming away from the screws that change the action, does anyone know what this is

Re: my electric vintage sg

the ground.....it grounds the strings via the bridge to the studs to the stud sockets to the wire that you see to the ground in the control cavity....TC

they sound so lush i could shag it 24 7 and i only got
mine for £110 and its brand new. BEAT THAT U LOSERS

KEV CLARK SMELLS OF SHIT

KEV CLARK SMELLS OF SHIT HE EATS TURD FROM THE FLOOR

Fender Bassman

Has anyone used a Strat through a Fender Bassman. My Fender Twin does'nt have any balls, so I was thinking about buying a Bassman.

Re: Fender Bassman

: Has anyone used a Strat through a Fender Bassman. My Fender Twin does'nt have any balls, so I was thinking about buying a Bassman.

I have a silverface 68'Bassman, and it sounds great with my Strat. I use a Tubescreamer, a Boss DS1 distort
tion pedal, and occasionally a Digitech RP100 with the Strat. But,sometimes I plug the Strat straight in to
the Fender and it sounds good also. The effects add to
the ballsiness of the tone however. It can get real loud. Good balance of tone: from clean to overdriven,
depending on the settings. This is the second one I've
owned. The 1st one I let go of, like a fool. They're
priced reasonably, depending where you get them. Under
rated. Try for yourself.

Re: Fender Bassman

: : Has anyone used a Strat through a Fender Bassman. My Fender Twin does'nt have any balls, so I was thinking about buying a Bassman.

: I have a silverface 68'Bassman, and it sounds great with my Strat. I use a Tubescreamer, a Boss DS1 distort
: tion pedal, and occasionally a Digitech RP100 with the Strat. But,sometimes I plug the Strat straight in to
: the Fender and it sounds good also. The effects add to
: the ballsiness of the tone however. It can get real loud. Good balance of tone: from clean to overdriven,
: depending on the settings. This is the second one I've
: owned. The 1st one I let go of, like a fool. They're
: priced reasonably, depending where you get them. Under
: rated. Try for yourself.
My 68'Bassman is great, and loud. I play an SG Standard , SG junior @ an LP Special with or WITHOUT an Maestro fuzz ,Fuzz Face , Boss Blues Drvr ,VoodooLabTrem and an old Fender Reverb unit. It's got lots of good musical crunch when driven and cleans up nice when you roll the vol. down.

boss gt3 and metal patches

hello,

i search for metal patches (black metal, death metal, etc..) for the boss gt3..

i am playing in a metal band and i have troubles to have this kind of sounds..

thanks for the help

Re: boss gt3 and metal patches

: hello,

: i search for metal patches for the boss gt3..i can´t make a great sound with my gt3.
can you help me...

: thanks

: hello,

: i search for metal patches (black metal, death metal, etc..) for the boss gt3..

: i am playing in a metal band and i have troubles to have this kind of sounds..

: thanks for the help

hey ?
i got some patches
well, i´ll send them to you.
but my gt its in the place that we play.
maybe in 3 or 4 week i can give them to you.
and write me to sonoramcia@yahoo.com
ok ?

c u friend !

Luis F Cojulun

Used Ibanez 90% $450, APX accoustic 95% $300 VERY CHEAP!

For limited days only!
USED IBANEZ GB12 90% $450 VERY NICE !!!!!!
USED APX6 95% $300 ACCOUSTIC VERY NICE!!!!
OTHER EQUIPMENT VERY CHEAP.
PLEAZE CONTACT MY EMAIL

very cheap used keyboards and bass guitars

: For limited days only!
: USED IBANEZ GB12 90% $450 VERY NICE !!!!!!
: USED APX6 95% $300 ACCOUSTIC VERY NICE!!!!
: OTHER EQUIPMENT VERY CHEAP.
: PLEAZE CONTACT MY EMAIL
:

in search of... a GB12

Hello

I'm searching for an ibanez GB12 to buy. Anybody can help ???
Thank You
Thanks to reply directly to my email !

settings for fender hot rod amp

anybody know how to setup a fender hotrod amp with a boss metalmaster (mt-2) pedal so that it sounds like metallica in the old days.. (kill em all)??

old Gibson guitar

An elderly friend showed me an old Gibson guitar that belong to his late wife. It is of the arch type.
Numbers on the key bracket looks like LO-4907.
He said he thought it was made around 1931 or 1932. It is in excellent condition in original case. Does anyone have any idea of its value

Re: old Gibson guitar

free online appraisals are often worth what you pay for them. this guitar is worth roughly $2000. it could be worth considerably more so i would take it to a few of the major vintage dealers for an appraisal. DO NOT rely on the opinion of one dealer. good luck......TC

Thanks

Re: Gibson guitar,j45,plastic back?

is an '87, whats it worth?

well, look at ebay....There are 1940's gibsons that sell for nearly 30,000 dollars, so i am willing to bet that the guitar is worth more than 2000 dolalrs

Re: Enquireing

Hi there, my name is James and resently I was given a Gibson by an old friend. Ive done a bit of research but cant find much information about this model. It's a model called "The Ripper", it's a bass and made in 1980 so not that old. It's been customised when bought in Hong Kong and I was Just wondering if you know anymore about it or know of a site I could find a little bit more about it. Anything you know would be much appreciated. thanks

B-25 GIBSON

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH THIS GIBSON B-25 IS WORTH
SERIAL #505235

THANK YOU!

I have just reseved a Old Gibson Arch top guitar and the old man that I got ot from told me that his ant got it new in 1913. the lable on the inside of the hole says, Gibson-guitar and the STYLE # P-1 the Number. is 1603R. and at the bottom it say's GIBSON MANDOLIN, GUITAR CO. Kalamazoo, Michican, USA. the head of the guitar say he THE GIBSON on it. and the guitar needs work to restore it to the way is was! and thats were you readers may help me in finding were I may find some of the parts for this old Girl, and maybe someone may have a picture of the same Guitar? that would help me to make sure I was on the right path of Restoreing the Beutyfull Instrament of Old.
thank you for the time you have taken in readying my story.
sincerly yours.
Lee Stoneburner.

Disregard previous--sent before comments were added//

TO LEE STONEBURNER--

Try these for more information on your restoration project with the old P style Gibson archtop you recently acquired ....

http://www.schneiderguitars.com/Pages/RepairRestoration.html

Also note these comments from www.provide.net: The listed a style O from the same era as yours.
Model: Style O Acoustic Archtop
Available: 1902 to 1923.
Collectibility Rating: too difficult to determine. Really too old a model and design to be collectible, but may appeal to some for historic reasons.

1902 Style O introduction specs:
Oval sound hole with 2 inlaid wood rings, fixed bridge with pyramids at ends, single bound top, fingerboard and peghead, dot fingerboard inlays, solid peghead with large rounded top, peghead veneer with pearl inlay, friction tuning pegs, black top finish, dark mahogany back & side finish, available in 3 sizes.
1906 Style O specs:
Slotted peghead, pointed end fingerboard, inlaid peghead ornament or a slanted "The Gibson" logo. Some examples 18" wide.
1908 Style O specs:
16" wide, pointed cutaway, carved scroll on upper bass bout, 2 rope pattern sound hole rings, asymmetrical fingerboard with treble side extension, trapeze tailpiece with pins anchored in tortoise grain celluloid plate, solid peghead, right angle tuners, fleur-de-lis peghead inlay.
1911 Style O specs:
Elevated pickguard with single support, pickguard does not cover entire treble side of soundhole.
1914 Style O specs:
Golden orange finish or uniform mahogany top finish, slightly shaded.
1918 Style O specs:
Larger pickguard with 2 supports, pickguard covers treble side of soundhole, fleur-de-lis peghead inlay now in center of peghead, "The Gibson" peghead logo, red mahagony sunburst finish.
Style O discontinued in 1923.

Robert Randolph Hooks You Up

Robert Randolph and the Family Band are giving away a custom Harmos lapsteel featuring figured maple ends, a handrubbed satin finish, a titanium bridge & nut, a P90 style pickup in bridge position and a Tele/strat style pickup on the neck. Not only will you win the guitar, but ROBERT HIMSELF IS GOING TO GIVE YOU A LESSON!! Get to a show or click the link below to see the actual guitar and sign up to take it home and keep it!!

http://pages.m80im.com/?Qzo4ODoyMTQwMTQ=

boss me-30 manual

boss me-30 manual

This popular thread has been given its own page : boss me-30 manual

1963 Martin 00-18

ive got a 1963 martin 00-18, how much do you think its worth? its in allright shape... still sounds beautiful though. any help?

Re: 1963 Martin 00-18

Can you please send pics? Thanks,

Vic
vvcifare@email.uncc.edu

learning guitar

im new at this guitar stuff and mine is accustic. I can read music but how do i know what strings to hold down?

1984 Ovation 12 String - Electronics stopeed working

I have a 1984 Ovation Custom Balladeer and of late the pickups have stopped working. There appears to be a "mystery" black box inside. Does it contain a 20 year old battery?

Hendrix was shit and Vai is a wanker

And anyone reading this is Crap!!!. Love Bob

Re: Hendrix was shit and Vai is a wanker

dear bob,
it's a good thing you have your nob....TC

dear Bob and TC

what an amusing joke. For a moment I thought I was not alone in thinking Hendrix and Vai were overrated.

love, Chantelle.

: dear bob,
: it's a good thing you have your nob....TC

DA Bob,
Hendrix got his sound with a Marshall amp
an Echoplex and a Strat. How much cash
have you invested in toys to copy his
greatness? Just when you think you know
it all you stop learning. I've been learning
to play the guitar for 31 years.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A MORON!!! Who helped you turn on your computer?

Type: PR CPR3 / MODEL: PRODRIVE 25B

I am looking for a Schematic for the PRODRIVE 25B Made By RMS. RMS is a subsidary company of MBT International. I fried a resistor on this board and need the schematic to properly replace this item with the proper size resistor! IF anyone can help me out PLEASE PLEASE work with me!

dose any one know

duse any one know how to play Guiars out there how could tech me threow the cumputer???

Re: dose any one know

: duse any one know how to play Guiars out there how could tech me threow the cumputer???

MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO SPELL FIRST...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.