Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2003

Advertisement

Archive for posts from May, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Pearl Les Paul Copy

Pearl Les Paul Copy

This popular thread has been given its own page : Pearl Les Paul Copy

how do i put on a guitar strap?

how do i put on a guitar strap?

This popular thread has been given its own page : how do i put on a guitar strap?

Tips for playing live?

Tips for playing live?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tips for playing live?

Kay Guitar

I want to learn to play a guitar. I recently bought a used Kay guitar. I don't have any information about the guitar, and I would like to know how old it is and all that. How can I find out more information about my guitar?
Thanks for any advice.

Gearge Lynch's new projects!!

George Lynch has the coolest new sound!!
Look out for Lynch Mob with the new album Revolution. George is shredding on this one. The CD is a remake of 13 classic Lynch Mob and Dokken tunes. Also jeff and george just released wicked underground. It rocks, you have to check it out at,
www.georgelynch.com

Wahsburn wiring diagram

I have a washburn HB35 (S° : 8409) and the microphones and pots cables are a mess! Nothing works anymore...
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of it ?

Daion

Hi, I'm eagerly looking for a Daion acoustic guitar!
Can someone help me ?
Thanks, bye

Filippo

Adjusting Necks and Bridges

Hi,

I had an old Lotus Telecaster for years (at least 15 and I bought it used!). It was my first electric. I have since passed it on to my cousin, who decided to mess with both the rod and bridge, and now expects me to be able to fix it for her. I understand the concept behind adjusting the bridge (tune, play 12th fret, if not in tune, adjust), but she has managed to strip the screws that adjust it. Also, the neck has been adjusted, and I'm not really sure how to fix that. ANy tips or suggestions on how to undo the damage? Thanks!

Re: Adjusting Necks and Bridges

: Hi,

: I had an old Lotus Telecaster for years (at least 15 and I bought it used!). It was my first electric. I have since passed it on to my cousin, who decided to mess with both the rod and bridge, and now expects me to be able to fix it for her. I understand the concept behind adjusting the bridge (tune, play 12th fret, if not in tune, adjust), but she has managed to strip the screws that adjust it. Also, the neck has been adjusted, and I'm not really sure how to fix that. ANy tips or suggestions on how to undo the damage? Thanks!

Hi
Is the Ajustment for the trusrod in the head stock or near the body ? Is it a allen wrench or a circle with holes in it ? Its easy I can talk you threw it just need to know what style rod you have. My web site is down im moving in two weeks so you can`t look at my work but this an easy neck ajust.

bick

: : Hi

I want know about the adjust trusrod,neck & bridge thanks

Hi,

You can get replacement screws for the bridge from Allparts Music (www.allparts.com). The neck should be adjusted so that it has about .008" of relief, or extra clearance between the 7th & 9th frets (called relief). The bridge height is usually adjusted at the same time since they effect the action of the guitar together. Intonation is best done with an electronic tuner. Even an inexpensive one ($9.95) is better than nothing. If the truss rod adjustment is where the neck bolts to the body, you'll have to remove the neck to adjust it. By the way, I'm a custom guitar builder in PA. Good luck!

: Hi,

u have to ajust the truss rod with an allen key

ESP MH-300 for sale

I have a mint condition ESP MH-300 electric guitar for sale. Black cherry flamed maple top, Black hardware, Floyd Rose Tremolo, EMG pickups, neck through body construction, complete with case
Very little play, amazing sound plus hardcase included!!!!

UK Retail is £849!!!
ONLY £380

Re: ESP MH-300 for sale

: I have a mint condition ESP MH-300 electric guitar for sale. Black cherry flamed maple top, Black hardware, Floyd Rose Tremolo, EMG pickups, neck through body construction, complete with case
: Very little play, amazing sound plus hardcase included!!!!

: UK Retail is £849!!!
: ONLY £380

I WANT THAT GUITAR!!!! E-MAIL ME!!!

band

hey, any really good guitarists interested in being lead guitar or bass e mail me 18 tops

Re: band

Hey, I what kind of music are you looking to play and where are you from? (I play the guitar and could play lead if you wanted)

where can i get TAB's

where can i get TAB's
downloadable sheet music,
david grey
bob dylan

Re: where can i get TAB's

: where can i get TAB's
: downloadable sheet music,
: david grey
: bob dylan

Go to Google.com & type in "guitar tabs" it should give you zillions of sites.

Hope this helps

Stebzy

: where can i get TAB's
: downloadable sheet music,
: david grey
: bob dylan

hello there have you tried www.guitar tab universe.com great site for just about every song under the roof..free site as well which helps greatly....have fun let me know what you think....

Answer

you can get a TAB`s in
www.tabcrawler.com
well done
bye

where can i get judas priest songs such as ram it down, or electric eye

how do you use tabs

: : where can i get TAB's
: : downloadable sheet music,
: : david grey
: : bob dylan

: hello there have you tried www.guitar tab universe.com great site for just about every song under the roof..free site as well which helps greatly....have fun let me know what you think....

Les Paul Recording Spares.

Anyone interested in a pair of Les Paul Recording Low Impedance Pickups?

Re: Les Paul Recording Spares.

: Anyone interested in a pair of Les Paul Recording Low Impedance Pickups?

yes i'm interest... i can buy u and pay by bidpay or paypal ..

I am!! Send me all the info on them, and what you want for them. I'll get back to you within 3 minutes of reading your reply to this email.

Dixon Yarmouth

How much?

do you still have the pickups? please contact me as soon as you can.
Thank you,
John@castellanos.com

GT-6 PATCHES

somebody have a patch for the GT6 iwth the sound of Mark Knopfler(what it is), and the dire straits (sultans of swing,money for nothing)?
if anybody can help me , please send me the files.
thanks
George

Re: GT-6 PATCHES

Does anyone know where I could find GT-6 patches? I'm having alot of trouble...PLEASE HELP ME!!!

heyyy i need help

hey! iv been playing my guitar for about 3 months and im still pretty much on the basics and im trying 2 learn smells like teen spirit by nirvana while im not at lessons can u please help me and i need reely easy tabs

wiring diagram for a special II

does anyone have a wiring diagram for an epiphone special II ?

how do u change guitar strings

How do u change guitar strings i can't figure out how

Re: how do u change guitar strings

: Not enough info. What kind? Electric? Acoustic?Your best bet is to seek out an experienced player in your area/town and get them to show you. Once you do it, it is easy, but it is just as easy to not do it right and mess things up/waste a new set of strings. I would do it for you, but I charge a million dollars

how to change acoustic guitar strings( at the bridge its different from an electric)

how to change acoustic guitar strings( at the bridge its different from an electric)

Re: how do u change guitar strings

: How do u change guitar strings i can't figure out how

Yes I would agree with Tom get someone to show you its always the best way. Its also the best way to learn to play "Take Lessons"

I would also do it for you but I charge 2 Million dollars!

Re: how do u change ACOUSTIC guitar strings

how do u change guitar strings on a fender strat

ibanez LR10 value

I just looked at a Ibanez LR10. That is perfect, can someone tell me what it is worth?
Thanks

Re: ibanez LR10 value

: I just looked at a Ibanez LR10. That is perfect, can someone tell me what it is worth?
: Thanks

Re: ibanez LR10 value

: : I just looked at a Ibanez LR10. That is perfect, can someone tell me what it is worth?
: : Thanks
probably between $550-800 in very good condition.I have one and this is a keeper,one of my all time favorites.

H.M. strat

I looking for a fender "heavy metal" strat or a kahler
"spyder" tremelo-any help would be so welcome

Peacekeeper by Fleetwood Mac

I'm looking for the guitar cords for Fleetwood Mac's new song Peacekeeper. Can't seem to find them anywhere on the net.

Re: Peacekeeper by Fleetwood Mac

Chords of verse seem to be Gminor , E flat, F major. Guitar tuning seems slightly flat but not down to E flat tuning. Chorus would be C minor, F , B flat, G minor and repeat. I think most of the chords are implied during the verse, with the bass notes. The guitar seems to drone on just two notes most of the time. This song is amazing in its simplicity yet difficulty to reproduce. He may be using a weird tuning to help. I am interested in any one else's help.

les paul custom

I have a black 1980 gibson les paul custom 3 pickups and with a black factory installed kahler, has anyone ever seen one of these.

Re: les paul custom

: I have a black 1980 gibson les paul custom 3 pickups and with a black factory installed kahler, has anyone ever seen one of these.

yes i have seen them, this one was a disater for gibson
the frets were horrible and they totally butchered a les paul by putting a kahler trem on it.
get rid of it while you can. not worth much at all

Re: les paul custom

hey sean, i have a 1980 model Les Paul Cust, gold in color with a pearl plat between the keys wit (Reg No 42) on it, i have never seen that on one before and like you i cant figure out how much its worth but i do know it was a limited addition. : I have a black 1980 gibson les paul custom 3 pickups and with a black factory installed kahler, has anyone ever seen one of these.

fender bassman

I have a late 70's Fender Bassman that buzzes. I'm sick of getting ripped off at music shops and wanna know how to fix a seemingly simple problem. The amp buzzes, and of course is even louder when i have my tube screamer on. Any advice?

Ever get that 'Fez' tab?

Looking to learn 'The Fez' to play with my band in San Fran. Anyone know where I can get the tab or the chords?

1962 Gretsch White Falcon

I really need some help. I picked up this beautiful ax about six months ago however, the tone switches have been replaced by something other then original. Does anyone know where I can get the original switches? I need two.

Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.