Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2003

Advertisement

Archive for posts from May, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1962 Gretsch White Falcon

: I really need some help. I picked up this beautiful ax about six months ago however, the tone switches have been replaced by something other then original. Does anyone know where I can get the original switches? I need two.

: Thanks

yes, call kelley's music in roanoke va. ask for ron, he is a gretch dealer and knows much about the history of different manufacturers. he should be able to locate the knobs for you 540-982-9232

need guitar chords andsongs

hai
i need some basic guitar chords and some songs with key
so please send the above
thankyou

Re: need guitar chords andsongs

: hai
: i need some basic guitar chords and some songs with key
: so please send the above
: thankyou

check out www.guitar tab universe.com i think you`ll find what your looking for there mate, it` a nice free site with thousands of songs, chords etc.....

new leaner

hai,
i just want to know how to play a guitar.i'm a new leaner.please.start from intro.

need chords and lyric to ali noors song mujhey rookoo

hi i need guitar chords and songs sheet to a christian
artist also need chords for guitar. Kathy Troccoli
song is "I will choose Christ"

Adjusting my guitar neck

I'd like to learn how to adjust the neck of my guitar myself. Would you have any tips. Symptoms: B string is staring to buzz, and is in tune open, but is out of tune when for example playing D.

Re: Adjusting my guitar neck

There can be alot of things wrong with your neck such as a need for fret work, nut work (or replacement) or a bridge (intonation and/or height) adjustment. Assuming these are OK, there should be a slight dip, about .008", at the 7-9th fret area to allow clearance for the strings to vibrate. In other words there should be more space between the strings and the frets in this area than at the first few frets. This is called "Neck Relief". This is about all I can tell you without more info. By the way, I'm a custom guitar builder in PA.

Re: Adjusting my guitar neck

: I'd like to learn how to adjust the neck of my guitar myself. Would you have any tips. Symptoms: d string is staring to buzz T THE 12TH FRET, and is in tune open, but is out of tune when for example playing D. IT IS A BASS...

International Guitar Month

...hey all, can you straighten out International Guitar Month?, I've been promoting it every April ,as I have cut out a logo for it from years ago(april is INT Gtr M)( Guitar Player), and I,ve done promos on local radio etc. from being signed to guitar label LoLo records, somewhere in the meantime including one of the radio stations I did, It changed to May ??? is there a board or legit organization that conducts International Guitar Month be it April or May, Love and Music Geno White ( LoLo Rec. Artist )

International Guitar Month

...hey all, can you straighten out International Guitar Month?, I've been promoting it every April ,as I have cut out a logo for it from years ago(april is INT Gtr M)( Guitar Player), and I,ve done promos on local radio etc. from being signed to guitar label LoLo records, somewhere in the meantime including one of the radio stations I did, It changed to May ??? is there a board or legit organization that conducts International Guitar Month be it April or May, Love and Music Geno White ( LoLo Rec. Artist )

Gear Reviews

go to musicians.freewebpages.org for gear reviews

Es 135 p100

Has anyone changed out the p100's on the es135 to p90's or humbuckers? Looking for some information on the quality of sound and the installation process

Marshall amps

I have two Marshall JTM30 amps (one with a single 12" Celestion Heritage speaker, the other with two 10" speakers -- same brand), both of which need repair. There are differing opinions as to which tubes offer the best sound. I'm looking for a nice, smooth, 60s'-style distortion and sustain. However, I'd also like to use them in clean mode once in a while. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Western Massachusetts Musicians

Western Massachusetts area musicians, please visit the Sound Board, a free online forum dedicated to area musicians. You may post your music related ideas, tips and tricks, upcoming gigs and so on. Its located at:

www.planetlou.com/soundboard

Thanks

Re: Western Massachusetts Musicians

LOOKING TO PURCHASE BAND EQUIPMENT, GUITARS AND AMPS.
I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A BAND NEEDING A GUITARIST,VOCALIST TO PLAY SOME GIGS. OLDIES/IRISH/PARTY. THANKS LARRY

Redeemer by Nicole Mullen?

does anyone have chords for Redeemer by Nicole Mullen?

Re: Redeemer by Nicole Mullen?

I like her music,voice and style. yeah!!
I like Nichole Mullen.
i like nicolemullen
i likenicolemullen

: I like her music,voice and style. yeah!!
: I like Nichole Mullen.
: i like nicolemullen
: i likenicolemullen
: i luv nicholemullen'sRedeemer and want the original sound file for my system

: I like her music,voice and style. yeah!!
: I like Nichole Mullen.
: i like nicolemullen
: i likenicolemullen
I like nicole.i would like to listen to ur music online

: does anyone have chords for Redeemer by <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Nicole </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">Mullen</B>?

Which amp for an acoustic?

I have been playing for about a year, and I am ready to buy an amp for my Washburn acoustic electric. Which will sound better, a solid state amp designed specifically for an acoustic, or a tube amp not necessarily designed for an acoustic?

Re: Which amp for an acoustic?

: I have been playing for about a year, and I am ready to buy an amp for my Washburn acoustic electric. Which will sound better, a solid state amp designed specifically for an acoustic, or a tube amp not necessarily designed for an acoustic?

Definately an acoustic amp,I use an Ibanez Troubador 225 and it's great,I've opened shows for Project Lo, Gongzilla and more and it's great for small settings also (hey check out LoLo records)but in reverse of a good elec. gtr. amp you can't play a elec gtr. through it only acoustic w/ its pickups...

what settings should i use??

// I have been playing guitar for about a year and I have Yamaha APX-5A acoustic and an Ibanez Troubador 25W amp, What should i put the settings on for rock n' roll songs, and solos??

Re: Which amp for an acoustic?

: I have been playing for about a year, and I am ready to buy an amp for my Washburn acoustic electric. Which will sound better, a solid state amp designed specifically for an acoustic, or a tube amp not necessarily designed for an acoustic?

It all depends on what you want, and what you want to do.
I don't claim to be an expert in this field as I can only go on my own experience

I had a Mesa Boogie DC5 all valve amp and my Yamaha CPX-5 electro acoustic sounded wonderful through it, no problems at all. Plus it gave me the most awesome rock sound. So if your going to play electric and acoustic stuff at a gig this is a great compromise. As you will only need one amp, and in my experience you will get tired of humping around two amps.

If your only playing acoustic stuff then go for a dedicated acoustic amp, as these will have more features suitable to acoustic guitars.

Hope this helps

Stebzy

MAGIC - Female Rock'n'Roll Band

MAGIC - ìîñêîâñêàÿ æåíñêàÿ ðîê-í-ðîëüíàÿ ãðóïïà, èñïîëíÿþùàÿ ìèðîâûå õèòû íà àíãëèéñêîì ÿçûêå. http://magicband.narod.ru

Replacing the nut

Hey,
i recently replaced the nut on my guitar and am now having string problems. The bottom two strings now are making this vibrating sound. If anyone has done this form of repair and can tell me where i have gone wrong that would be great

Re: Replacing the nut

It sounds like you either cut the slots too deep or too wide. The 3 bass strings should be higher off the fretboard than the 3 treble strings. I'm a custom guitar builder in PA and I usually setup my guitars at about .016" (1/64) of an inch higher than the first fret and make small adjustments from there. The slots should have a round bottom and be no more than .003" wider than the string. The slot should also be angled back from the front of the nut towards the tuners so that they only contact the nut at the front edge. Polish the slots or you might have problems staying in tune. Good luck!

Aria Pro II TS-300

Hi i have this guitar, and would like to know what is its value.I have been playing now for 2 years but had slow progression, because i have to teach myself play guitar.If anyone have some tips for me, please e-mail me to my adress. Thank u All very much.

GRAHAM COLTON TABS!

hey any one know where to find some tabs from graham colton? i have checked olga and harmony central.com
thanks!

Re: GRAHAM COLTON TABS!

http://pub64.ezboard.com/bifightforwords

then go to musicians forum.... there are some songs there

: hey any one know where to find some tabs from graham colton? i have checked olga and harmony central.com
: thanks!

ultimate-guitar.com has a few tabs that I think are pretty accurate.

general(floyd rose set ups)

when changing strings from 9's to 10's can you describe the action/bridge set up and the spring claw adjustments that happen for 2 & 3 springs.

I have Kasha Rockmod but not have footswitch

anyone can help me
i want schematic of Rockmod II
I will make it with myself
Thank....

BASS PLAYER NEEDED

TRUE METAL ACT FROM HARRISBURG PA

CONTACT SINSINNERUS@YAHOO.COM

ESP F200

Hey,
I was thinking of getting an ESP F200. They are on special here and just want to know any reports on them from any of you guys. Thanx suggestions on other guitars for similar price ($1000 Aus) would also be good

Re: ESP F200

Well i just tried one the other Day my buddy got one for his birthday . and damn ... those things not only look incredible . they sound even better , get one GET ONE NOW.

ESP F200

Hey,
I was thinking of getting an ESP F200. They are on special here and just want to know any reports on them from any of you guys. Thanx suggestions on other guitars for similar price ($1000 Aus) would also be good

harmony h-77

I have a guitar acoustical harmony h-77 is this an asian product?

Re: harmony h-77

: I have a guitar acoustical harmony h-77 is this an asian product?
Nope. It is probably made in Chicago in the eraly to mid 1960s. What kind of shape is it in?

Strella Guitar

I have a Strella Guitar Model EW-42. I can not find any info on this maker. Can anyone tell me anything? It is beautiful and unique. I think it is at least 37 years old but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

gibson volume controls

just bought a gibson howard roberts. with switch in the middle position, either volume control will turn the volume completely off. Guitar center says this is normal. My gibson knock off epiphone lets you turn the neck or the bridge completly off. How do these volume knobs normally behave?

Re: gibson volume controls

guitarelectronics.com have two gibson circuits which give you the chosen effect simply by moving two wires on each volume control ie. either volume act as master with switch in centre or each volume works independently with switch in centre.

Re: gibson volume controls

Nick your email address has been refused by my server if you wish more help i.e. links to sites etc please mail me. Mike Baker countryrock.tk

Voxtron Guitar

Can anyone tell me who made these guitars.Any information about them.

Thanks

Transistor Meazzi Echomatic tape echo schematic needed

I am searching for a schematic of a vintage transistor Meazzi Echomatic or Factotum.I would be more than happy to render compensation.If you can help ,please email me at texbilld@hotmail.com Thanks,Bill

Re: Transistor Meazzi Echomatic tape echo schematic needed

I am searching for a schematic of a vintage MEAZZI Factotum. saved fron SCRAPYARD !!!!

note

is there any way you could send me a page of notes of the strings, cuz i'm starting a band and i want to play the guitar (eletric) and i need professional advice.....Thanks

Jerry

tuner tools

Hello Can anybody tell me ware I can buy a set of Intonation tools for the Floyd Rose tremolo. THANK YOU ALL and keep ROCKING.NOI

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.