Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2003

Archive for posts from May, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Any idea about the value? I am selling it

Do you have any pictures, what are the woods used. any damage.

Korg A5 Guitar effect manual

Korg A5 Guitar effect manual

This popular thread has been given its own page : Korg A5 Guitar effect manual

Re-Stringing BC Rich: HELP!!

I have an NJ Series BC Rich Virgin w/ Floyd Rose locking trem on it.
I'm trying to restring it but i dont know how release the strings from the bridge.
Please Help!

Where can i find info on the history of thrashing/smashing guitars...

and other equipment as well on stage? If you dont know where, can you please still tell me anything you know.

Thanks
Andre Johnson

Re: Where can i find info on the history of thrashing/smashing guitars...

It might be a good idea to start reading about The Who, who used to regularly smash their equipment onstage back in the 1960s.

: and other equipment as well on stage? If you dont know where, can you please still tell me anything you know.

: Thanks
: Andre Johnson

: It might be a good idea to start reading about The Who, who used to regularly smash their equipment onstage back in the 1960s.

: : and other equipment as well on stage? If you dont know where, can you please still tell me anything you know.

: : Thanks
: : Andre Johnson

ha, like smashing pianos or harmonicas?

: and other equipment as well on stage? If you dont know where, can you please still tell me anything you know.

: Thanks
: Andre Johnson

I love smashed guitars too. Does it turn you on sexually?

Silvertone Guitar

A friend has recently aquired a Silvertone f-hole guitar. The serial # appears to be 3561h1215 with another # of T-62 and made in USA. Any info as to vintage and value would be greatly appreciated

Re: Silvertone Guitar

: A friend has recently aquired a Silvertone f-hole guitar. The serial # appears to be 3561h1215 with another # of T-62 and made in USA. Any info as to vintage and value would be greatly appreciated

Hi These guitars most of the times have a year stamped inside as well but not always. I have bought many at yard sales fo under $30.00 fixed and polished and sold for
100.00 to 300.00 dollars but I live near a guy that collects them and he has deep pockets.If it`s a color series these have color paterns such as blue with a white dimond or a USA flag these bring in the bucks.
The F hole Models can be late 50`s to late 60`s.
Good luck
bick

Silverton f Hole Guitar

Looking for price of Silvertone F Hole Guitar from the '50's - '60's.

Silverton f Hole Guitar

Looking for price of Silvertone F Hole Guitar from the '50's - '60's. Guitar is black with white trim
model # l8183.

: A friend has recently aquired a Silvertone f-hole guitar. The serial # appears to be 3561h1215 with another # of T-62 and made in USA. Any info as to vintage and value would be greatly appreciated

The h1215 in the model number tells me that this is a Harmony guitar. There is a date code stamped somewhere in the body that indicates the month and year of manufacture. I am guessing that this is a 1960's model.

RE: help me customize my guitar?!...

This is my fist time @ weiring up a guitar, could som1 tell me or send me a diagram on how 2 weir up a humbucker, 2control knobs (1 volume(500) & 1tone(500)) & a jack socket/strap button...

P.S.
THANK U 2 ANY1 WHO HELPS ME-OUT...

LOGAN...

Re: RE: help me customize my guitar?!...

: This is my fist time @ weiring up a guitar, could som1 tell me or send me a diagram on how 2 weir up a humbucker, 2control knobs (1 volume(500) & 1tone(500)) & a jack socket/strap button...adfasdfadsfadfasdfasdfa

: P.S.
: THANK U 2 ANY1 WHO HELPS ME-OUT...

:
: LOGAN...

Any Guitarist, Bassist, or Drummers out there?

My punk band in progress 'Also Known As' is in need of all of them. If interested and willing to relocate to MD or live in MD contact Casey or Ally at AlsoKnownAsPunks@netscape.net

GO TO MY SITE TO HEAR A DOPE GUITAR BEAT

http://www.nocturnal-records.cjb.net

Drum fills & end drum on BR8

Hi there,

Somebody, please, would help me to create Drum fills and End drums on the BR8.

Please, help me!

Thanks in advance,

Neto

Re: Drum fills & end drum on BR8

Neto,
I'm not the world's biggest expert on the BR8, but I ahve used mine quite a bit. I'm pretty sure you can't do drum fills. I don't know about the other thing - sorry. Regards.

Re: Drum fills & end drum on BR8

what is BR8, i can make some ok drum fills but nothing really dynamic

guitartricks

Hi, great site here, i am a host on www.guitartricks.com i play country style and old southern rock riffs, you can listen to them, come over and check it out sometime, just click on my name when you get there.

How much for an aria pro 2 TS-300!?!?

Im trying to price up my aria pro2 TS-300 but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells them to get an idea from. It has a dark red stained wood grain finish with 3 unstained striped through the middle. Its a lush guitar but it doesnt get the use it used to so if any of u can help me out with a sort of price guide id be helpful. can send pics if it would help.
Vicky.

bunnywampyr@aol.com

Re: How much for an aria pro 2 TS-300!?!?

: Im trying to price up my aria pro2 TS-300 but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells them to get an idea from. It has a dark red stained wood grain finish with 3 unstained striped through the middle. Its a lush guitar but it doesnt get the use it used to so if any of u can help me out with a sort of price guide id be helpful. can send pics if it would help.
: Vicky.

: bunnywampyr@aol.com

I have seen a pretty good aria pro2 at the price of 250 Euros, in Belgium

Re: How much for an aria pro 2 TS-300!?!?

i bought one just a altered CS-350 and a mint TS-400 the cs350 i got for $100 and the TS-400 for $250.

Patches site for Korg PX4

Does anyone can help me with a link with patches (settings)for the Korg Pandora PX4? Korg is not a open community.
Thx

Re: Patches site for Korg AX-1500G

cAN YOU CREATE THE PATCHE OF AUDIOSLAVE IN THE SOLO
OF THE SONG LIKE A STONE.

THANK YOU PLEASE ANSWER

Re: Patches site for Korg AX-1500G

Porfavor mandeme patches para mi korg AX-1500G
o si quieren pidamelos a este e mail, escriban y digan de que lo quieren. yo les contesto al dia siguiente.

fretlight guitars

I am looking to buy a fretlight guitar has anyone got one for sale please

Re: fretlight guitars

: fretlight artist mint condition
coments: aqua color, cd,tape,books asking $1000.00

Re: fretlight guitars

: I am looking to buy a fretlight guitar has anyone got one for sale please
They're making new ones for $600.00 so go to
www.optekmusic.com if you haven't already done so

BASS PLAYER NEEDED IN ORLANDO!!!!

Rock Group on their way to the top located in Orlando, FL. We have management, and a ton of original material, ALL WE NEED IS A BASS PLAYER!!!!!

Re: BASS PLAYER NEEDED IN ORLANDO!!!!

hey im luke, and im a bass player in orlando. email me about the specifics of your band and things like that. thanks.

Re: BASS PLAYER NEEDED IN ORLANDO!!!!

: Rock Group on their way to the top located in Orlando, FL. We have management, and a ton of original material, ALL WE NEED IS A BASS PLAYER!!!!!
yo..Carson here..send me a email about your band ive been looking forever to find like-minded people to jam with

bass player here!

Hello, i sing and play covers, ac/dc,led zepplin,nazereth,etc.my vocals can be heard on Dr.x, strait jacket and Soma(backups and bass). performed @ Rockin the Rivers on the main with Jared Stewert and the hideaway blues band as well as with Dale Rene.Dale is real and played with Janis J. and James Brown in the 60s. I am 51 and gig with D'tective and Rumorhazzitt in Billings Mt. Thanks for keepin the rock train 406-861-4845.~•£ sincerly Bryan Vigesaa

Settings for Marshall AVT50

Settings for Marshall AVT50

This popular thread has been given its own page : Settings for Marshall AVT50

giytar noti

marhaba ayerse munmkun olsa bana turk pop giutar icun not gondersaz cok mamanun ollam ban iranin tabriz shaharinin bir turklarindanim

I need to replace the adaptor

I can't seem to find anywhere in US who stocks 14v 800mA AC adaptor for Roland GR33. Where do I go? Please help!

The Rob Balducci Band live in N>Y>

Friday, May 30, 2003 9:00 PM Sharp

Favored Nations Recording Artist The Rob Balducci Band

Le Club @ Show World
673 8th Ave (between 42nd St. and 43rd St.)
New York, NY
Directions - E train to 42nd Street

Please come down and join us at Le - Club. This is a new Rock Club
and is one of the best rooms in New York City.

EXTRA BONUS!! We will be playing new material for the first time live...

Takamine G Series

Regardless of the price, which Takamine G Series Guitar is the best one? I've looked at the EG530SC, EG531SC, EG540SC, and the EG334SC. Which is the best, or is there another one that is better?

Re: Takamine G Series

: Regardless of the price, which Takamine G Series Guitar is the best one? I've looked at the EG530SC, EG531SC, EG540SC, and the EG334SC. Which is the best, or is there another one that is better?

thomas- i am not sure of the model numbers, but concentrate on solid top if sound is an issue over looks. i recently sold a g-series with a solid top
it was plain, no frills as far as looks. dreadnought body, and didnt even have dot inlays on the fingerboard. it had a satin (no lacquer finish)but played and sounded beautifully. very nice looking guitar without the price tag or fancy markings.
great value. this was not an electric acoustic however, with the money you save on the model, you could stick an after market pick up on it. good luck

Pickup for Les Paul!!

Any suggest of Pickup for 'Les Paul' guitar play in rock style? Thanks!!!

alex alvarez

im looking for alex , i used 2 tour wiyh him with lynch mob can anyone help me. i think he still works for lenny, and sugar ray

Yamaki 12 string

I have a 12 string acoustic purchased in the 70/80's made by the Yamaki Musical Instrument Co.Ltd - model YW30M-12 with the name 'Joodee'. Does anyone know this model or where I can find out more info as I am thinking of selling?

WANTED "E-A 27 WASBURN" GREGG ALLMAN EDITION

WANT TO BUY A NEW, OR GOOD CONDITION E-A 27 WASBURN ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC GREGG ALLMAN EDITION GUITAR AND CASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL @ KDS@PCNOW.NET INCLUDE PHOTO IF POSSIBLE, AND CASH PRICE....SHOPPING AROUND / THANKS

Re: WANTED "E-A 27 WASBURN" GREGG ALLMAN EDITION

: WANT TO BUY A NEW, OR GOOD CONDITION E-A 27 WASBURN ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC GREGG ALLMAN EDITION GUITAR AND CASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL @ KDS@PCNOW.NET INCLUDE PHOTO IF POSSIBLE, AND CASH PRICE....SHOPPING AROUND / THANKS

why would you waste your hard earned money on a washburn acoustic. for he same price you could buy something with some worth down the road

les paul custom

I Have a 1980 Les paul custom i bought new, it is gold and on the back of the headstock between the keys it has a pearl plate with (Reg.No 42) on it, i do know its a limited addition but thats all i know, does anyone else know?

Re: les paul custom

: I Have a 1980 Les paul custom i bought new, it is gold and on the back of the headstock between the keys it has a pearl plate with (Reg.No 42) on it, i do know its a limited addition but thats all i know, does anyone else know?

terry- the pearl plate is probably aftermarket install
a very nice guitar, although from around the late 70's
to early eightys, gibson changed the frets on the les pauls to more of a flat non-responsive feel due to the suffering popularity of the model and started getting more into the shred models

les paul custom

Hey Sean its not the fret its on the back of the headstock between the keys and has 2 gold screws holding the pearl plate on, it was put on from the factory because i bought it new.

: terry- the pearl plate is probably aftermarket install
: a very nice guitar, although from around the late 70's
: to early eightys, gibson changed the frets on the les pauls to more of a flat non-responsive feel due to the suffering popularity of the model and started getting more into the shred models

Dumb question, but if you bought it new and it was a LE, didn't you know what it was before spending the bucks, or still have the candy ?? Go to the TDPRI forum, theres a link to a good Gibson forum there, someone will give ya the scoop there.

: Hey Sean its not the fret its on the back of the headstock between the keys and has 2 gold screws holding the pearl plate on, it was put on from the factory because i bought it new.

: : terry- the pearl plate is probably aftermarket install
: : a very nice guitar, although from around the late 70's
: : to early eightys, gibson changed the frets on the les pauls to more of a flat non-responsive feel due to the suffering popularity of the model and started getting more into the shred models

Wel i can explain that, i was only 15 and all i wanted was a Les Paul i didnt even know the numbers were on it or dodnt care at that age but the guy that own the store said that there were only 2 of them sold this side of the rockies ever what that means my dad bought it and he knew nothing about guitars either but i did get get it new at Carls music in Lexington Kentucky in 1981: Dumb question, but if you bought it new and it was a LE, didn't you know what it was before spending the bucks, or still have the candy ?? Go to the TDPRI forum, theres a link to a good Gibson forum there, someone will give ya the scoop there.

:
: : Hey Sean its not the fret its on the back of the headstock between the keys and has 2 gold screws holding the pearl plate on, it was put on from the factory because i bought it new.

: : : terry- the pearl plate is probably aftermarket install
: : : a very nice guitar, although from around the late 70's
: : : to early eightys, gibson changed the frets on the les pauls to more of a flat non-responsive feel due to the suffering popularity of the model and started getting more into the shred models

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.