Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2003

Advertisement

Archive for posts from May, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: How much is my guitar worth?

:I HAVE A YAMAHA THE NUMBER ON IT IS FG420 I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH

source for used guitars and parts

Hi. Does anyone know where one can buy used guitar parts, parts guitars and used guitars at a reasonable price whether singly or in lots? My hobby is repairing guitars and giving them away or selling them cheap so I don't want to pay a lot for the parts. I am in the Buffalo, NY area. Thanks.

Re: source for used guitars and parts

: Hi. Does anyone know where one can buy used guitar. I'm starting a Punk Rock band and its no good with out a guitar

how do I date my Harmony Hollywood??

how do I date my Harmony Hollywood??

Re: how do I date my Harmony Hollywood??

: how do I date my Harmony Hollywood??

buy flowers and candy :)
Seriously - do you have a serial number?

Re: how do I date my Harmony Hollywood??

: : how do I date my Harmony Hollywood??

:
: buy flowers and candy :)
: Seriously - do you have a serial number?
I have just gotten a "Gold" Holywood with a black band in the center of the top, #1569 on peghead end (like National) How old could it be?

I`m looking for Triaxis schematics

I have one, but it don`t look serious there are 2 corections circuit - first one is active in all modes and the second is active in Lea1 Red mode (Signal in Lead1 Red mode have 2 corection circuits)

Re: I`m looking for Triaxis schematics

Look here:
http://www.vanhelden.demon.nl/gear/schema.htm#triaxis

: I have one, but it don`t look serious there are 2 corections circuit - first one is active in all modes and the second is active in Lea1 Red mode (Signal in Lead1 Red mode have 2 corection circuits)

Guild Guitar Value

I have a Guild acoustic/electric guitar with the serial number F450997. Any idea what it is worth?

Re: Guild Guitar Value

: I have a Guild acoustic guitar Model D-15-M, Serial Number AH-100487. It is made out of Mahogany. Any idea what it is worth?

: : I have a Guild acoustic guitar Model D-15-M, Serial Number F212 XL-NT. It is made out of Mahogany. Any idea what it is worth?

: I have a Guild acoustic/electric guitar with the serial number T-100-D Any idea what it is worth?

: I have a Guild Starfire 11, serial #43248 Any idea what it is worth?

pickup problem

Can someone tell me why my pickup in my CC 057 nylon string ovation is picking up sound from the first string (bottom) up to the fifth string, but the top string is very soft.
I made an attempt to remove the pickup. It seems that a sorta plastic strip with six individual smaller pickups(I presume) with a thin copper strip underneath is encased by a thicker copper casing, when I plug the guitar into my amp and tap the pickup throughout(the thick copper casing) I get a softer sound up at the bass string.
After re-stringing I can hardly hear the top string at all
Any help here will do
Thanx

strat...mexico vs. usa

i'm having problems with my standard mexican strat and i keep reading and hearing about how much more superior the american strats are. i would like to hear from people who have played both guitars frequently and maybe you could tell me from experience what the major differences are between the two.

Re: strat...mexico vs. usa

: i'm having problems with my standard mexican strat and i keep reading and hearing about how much more superior the american strats are. i would like to hear from people who have played both guitars frequently and maybe you could tell me from experience what the major differences are between the two.

pete, the mexican strats are good sounding and quality for the money. some cuts are taken to lessen costs.
on the american, the hardware is typically better and the wood used for the body is better grade. the frets on the mexican are smaller which effects playability
otherwise, the cost difference is hard to justify.

: : i'm having problems with my standard mexican strat and i keep reading and hearing about how much more superior the american strats are. i would like to hear from people who have played both guitars frequently and maybe you could tell me from experience what the major differences are between the two.

First, what "problems" are you having? Strats made in America have certain problems associated with them as well.
I agree with the previous post. I have a new Mexican Strat, having owned and American and Japan Reissue model, I'll say this: I upgraded the pickups only because of the hum that all Strats have, including American models. Other than that, maintenance and adjustments make your Mexican Strat a good quality instrument. Put some Chapstic under the string tree using a toothpick. Also buy some Lock Ease-it's an oil/graphite lube available at most hardware stores. Put a drop in each nut slot as needed. This will keep the strings sliding nicely when using the tremolo. I have zero complaints on this guitar having set it up properly. If you are hesitant to do adjustments of the truss rod, bridge, etc., it's well worth having a good technician do it for you-you'll be amazed at how nice your strat can play! I like mine better than the American I once owned.

Charlie

I have a '95 Fender Mexican Strat and to be honest it is the only guitar I've ever been really happy with...I put a stacked humbucker in the bridge and Sperzel tuners but everything else is stock.

For Sale Yamaha FG295s

For Sale Yamaha FG295s

This popular thread has been given its own page : For Sale Yamaha FG295s

c f martin guitar c 210 The music shoppe

Recently picked up a guitar in very nice condition. the tag on the inside reads The c f martin organization of canada c 210. the music shoppe. can anyone tell me anything about this? thanks

Re: c f martin guitar c 305 in canada

: Recently picked up a guitar in very nice condition. the tag on the inside reads The cf martin organization in canada C305.any info or history would be appreciated.

guitar string

I was trying to tune my 7 string guitar and the b string poped. How do I put in a new 1

Ibanez Guitars (old/vintage)

I have an old Ibanez Roadstar 2 and was wondering if anyone knows any info on the guitar like wot wood its made from, years they were made etc.

old ibanez guitar

I have an old ibanez classical guitar ; it was bought new in 1971, the only information written is 'Ibanez model no. 311'
if anyone could help me to know more about it, and especially its price today?
thank you !

Re: Ibanez Guitars (old/vintage)

I have one from 1985. Mine is made from rock maple. It weighs more than some bass guitars.

Large vintage Bass Guitar

Have a 1940's old Bass. Not sure of the brand. Perfect condition. Wood is beautiful. Wondering what this would be worth. Thank you.

ibanez guitar

i have a ibanez that has its serial number as: F221920 and i'm wondering what model is it. can someone help me with it. thank you

older ibanez x series

Deep purple color, almost black. Wondering price of guitar and year. Am looking to sell, it is in good shape still. Can anyone help?

:I have an old Ibanez Accoustic Model NW350. Circa 1981-82 ish. Has a beautiful bordseye Maple(?) body. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have a ibanez musician sn-8786337. I would like to know if any one can give me info on its birthplace and present value. Condition is about a seven.

Information on an old Ibanez

I have recently bought an old Ibanez. I was told that it was originally purchased in 1976. It looks like an Artist Ibanez because its a double cut-away with four buttons in the same configuration as Les Paul buttons. But unlike the Artist series mine has single coiled pickups instead of humbuckers. It looks just like the one Jimmy Page uses on the new LEDzEP dvd on the songs "White Summer" and "In my time of Dying". Please Please Please can someone tell me if its any good because I need to know if I made the right decision!!

Richie Sambora multieffect ?

Does anyone knows, what kind of multieffect Richie Sambora use?

Re: Richie Sambora multieffect ?

: Does anyone knows, what kind of multieffect Richie Sambora use?

WHO CARES?

: : Does anyone knows, what kind of multieffect Richie Sambora use?

: WHO CARES?
: Everbody but you

: Does anyone knows, what kind of multieffect Richie Sambora use?

WHO CARES?

kevins problem

kevin i'm no expert in guitar history but im sure if ya just check about on the internet and look up a few sites

Japenese Squire Tele

Hi. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some details about a second hand tele I just bought. Its a Japanese Squier, has a White Blonde finish, single ply black scratch plate (5 screws), maple neck, Gotohs. The ser. no. is K030545. My questions are: What year was it made? Why isn't it strung through the body? (and is it worth modifiying this aspect) Is it a Fifties re-issue of some kind? (certainly looks like one) What is the body material? I'd be grateful for any info. Cheers and happy playing.

Re: Japenese Squire Tele

: Hi. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some details about a second hand tele I just bought. Its a Japanese Squier, has a White Blonde finish, single ply black scratch plate (5 screws), maple neck, Gotohs. The ser. no. is K030545. My questions are: What year was it made? Why isn't it strung through the body? (and is it worth modifiying this aspect) Is it a Fifties re-issue of some kind? (certainly looks like one) What is the body material? I'd be grateful for any info. Cheers and happy playing.

Many re-issues do come out of Japan so I'd say that's
what it is. I don't know the serial numbers but I think
it's probably made from basswood although the Japs did
use ash after the mid 90's sometimes.

Ask at: TDPRI.com

but a squier is the bottom of the fender barrel

: : Hi. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some details about a second hand tele I just bought. Its a Japanese Squier, has a White Blonde finish, single ply black scratch plate (5 screws), maple neck, Gotohs. The ser. no. is K030545. My questions are: What year was it made? Why isn't it strung through the body? (and is it worth modifiying this aspect) Is it a Fifties re-issue of some kind? (certainly looks like one) What is the body material? I'd be grateful for any info. Cheers and happy playing.

:
: Many re-issues do come out of Japan so I'd say that's
: what it is. I don't know the serial numbers but I think
: it's probably made from basswood although the Japs did
: use ash after the mid 90's sometimes.

I thought so to untill I got this one (very cheap second hand). Its got a Duncan at the neck but is other wise stock and I use all pickup options. I'm telling you man; I crank it through a Blues Jnr and it just cuts. I'd recommend it - a good solid, 'all there' guitar.

: : Hi. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me some details about a second hand tele I just bought. Its a Japanese Squier, has a White Blonde finish, single ply black scratch plate (5 screws), maple neck, Gotohs. The ser. no. is K030545. My questions are: What year was it made? Why isn't it strung through the body? (and is it worth modifiying this aspect) Is it a Fifties re-issue of some kind? (certainly looks like one) What is the body material? I'd be grateful for any info. Cheers and happy playing.

:
: Many re-issues do come out of Japan so I'd say that's
: what it is. I don't know the serial numbers but I think
: it's probably made from basswood although the Japs did
: use ash after the mid 90's sometimes.

I'd just like to add- I also own this rare design and it's a cracker! Bought it at 3 o'clock in the morning on the 13th floor of a council estate for £40. If you see one- give it a play!

hey

wuz up out there

Re: hey

: wuz up out there

tell us waz up in there first...

Godin

Dear friend, I have a Godin Duet Concert and the bass-slider does not react at all ??(2nd from top)The guitar is brand new.I cannot send it back so ...What can I do. Donalfonso.

WANTED "WHITE GIBSON S.G."

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS A GOOD CONDITION WHITE "SG" FOR SALE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW INFO...PIX IF POSSIBLE.. I LIVE NEAR MACON, GA. THANKS DAVE
WANTED GIBSON S.G. (WHITE IN COLOR) THANKS YALL......

Re: WANTED "WHITE GIBSON S.G."

thanks jason, but no thanks...dont want a DOUBLE NECK AND especially dont want a ephiphone....GOTS TO BE A 100 % GIBSON S.G. WHITE..... THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY THOUGH.....

Ibanez S series or RG?

Right now I'm looking for a nice shred guitar with a $400-$600 budget. My current guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul, which I still love, but I need something with a little more soloing freedom. I'm also looking for something with the H-S-H pickup setting and a nice tremolo system. Recently, I went to my local Guitar Center and played both the S470DX and the RG1570 Prestige and loved both. I liked having 24 frets on the RG, but also the sound and overall feel on the S. I'm still not sure what I'm interested in, but leaning towards the S. If there was only an S with 24 frets! Well I just wanted to ask for the opinion of fellow guitarists, please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Re: Ibanez S series or RG?

Go for the S man, what the hell do you need the 24th fret for anyway? if you need it, just bend a whole step up from the 22nd fret. Besides the S has much better quality. The ZR bridge is totally badass; a very valuable innovation that is taking trem bridges to another step.

Re: Ibanez S series or RG?

I havent tried that RG, but did play a S470DX today. I was looking to spend about £800, including part exing my Gordon Smith SG2. I thought the S looked much sexier than the whole pointed RG thing, and tested it against a £750 Jackson Soloist, and bought the S cos it outranked the Jackson. The S just begged to be played, and that new trem stays in tune better than anything I have ever played. In short, BUY IT NOW!

Anybody know anything about Yamaha SG1300T?

Anybody know anything about Yamaha SG1300T?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Anybody know anything about Yamaha SG1300T?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.