Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2003

Archive for posts from June, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

ARREX ACOUSTIC GUITAR

ARREX ACOUSTIC GUITAR

This popular thread has been given its own page : ARREX ACOUSTIC GUITAR

digitech

WANTED DIGITECH RP6 CIRCUIT DIAGRAM PLS EMAIL IT TO ME PLSSSS..............

BOSS GT -5 SOUND PROBLEM

HAD TO RAM CLEAR MY GT-5 THAT WENT OK BUT NOW FIND EXPRESSION PEDAL DOES NOT WORK WHEN FULLY DEPRESSED TRIED ALL SORTS OF CHECKS EVEN GOT HOLD OF ANOTHER GT-5
AND COPIED PEDAL/ASSIGN FUNCTIONS FROM IT TO MINE STILL NO JOY ANY IDEAS GUYS/GALLS, DESPERATE JRMROXX.

Re: BOSS GT -5 SOUND PROBLEM

i have a gt5,if you want i can email you the bulk dump file of my settings as a sysex file which you can then dump into your gt5 via a sequencer.
if ur interested drop me a mail at tukisampleman@rediffmail.com
cheers
tuki

: HAD TO RAM CLEAR MY GT-5 THAT WENT OK BUT NOW FIND EXPRESSION PEDAL DOES NOT WORK WHEN FULLY DEPRESSED TRIED ALL SORTS OF CHECKS EVEN GOT HOLD OF ANOTHER GT-5
: AND COPIED PEDAL/ASSIGN FUNCTIONS FROM IT TO MINE STILL NO JOY ANY IDEAS GUYS/GALLS, DESPERATE JRMROXX.

Stacked humbuckers with coil tap and Joe Bardens

I'm looking to get new pick ups for my stratocaster and I have been told by a number of people that Joe Bardens are possibly the best pick ups you could ever get. I have no doubt in my mind about them being really good, but looking at the website (www.joebarden.com) they don't do a stacked humbucker model.
My original idea to wire it with a stacked humbucker with coil tap at the bridge, and possibly the same at the neck, so I could get a big range of sounds and tones and mimic different styles of strat. I don't want to install a regular size humbucker due to the fact that it would spoil the unique way my guitar looks.
So basically, can any one tell me which make pickups that can compare with Joe Bardens do a coil tapping stacked humbucker model?
Thanks very much

Re: Stacked humbuckers with coil tap and Joe Bardens

: I'm looking to get new pick ups for my stratocaster and I have been told by a number of people that Joe Bardens are possibly the best pick ups you could ever get. I have no doubt in my mind about them being really good, but looking at the website (www.joebarden.com) they don't do a stacked humbucker model.
: My original idea to wire it with a stacked humbucker with coil tap at the bridge, and possibly the same at the neck, so I could get a big range of sounds and tones and mimic different styles of strat. I don't want to install a regular size humbucker due to the fact that it would spoil the unique way my guitar looks.
: So basically, can any one tell me which make pickups that can compare with Joe Bardens do a coil tapping stacked humbucker model?
: Thanks very much

Hi Jason....I've tried all the Strat replacement stacked-coil pickups...and none even come CLOSE to the Strat sound...except for Kinman. The other brands are very nice, and my hat's off to the companies for trying their hardest to give us a humbucking Strat pickup that sounds authentic. But Kinman's the only one who's done it. There's no two ways about it.
Hope this helps, Jason.

cheers,
Mark

Gibson guitar - need model and year number

I saw a Gibson guitar on a video that I must have, but first I need to identify it and cannot find it anywhere. It is a Gibson Les Paul Junior style double cut but it has a single humbucker with exposed coils - not a P-100 - and a tune-o-matic and stop tailpiece. And it IS a Gibson. So is this a custom job or was there a production model with these specs.

Re: Gibson guitar - need model and year number

I have this guitar. Please email me and I will reply with pics.

Gerry

worth of '84 Fender American made strat # E337231

What's the going price of an '84 Fender American made strat # E337231?
thanks

Re: worth of '84 Fender American made strat # E337231

: What's the going price of an '84 Fender American made strat # E337231?
: thanks

that was around the time fender was in competition with kramer and jackson and charvel to produce a good shred model guitar. if this is one of the strats that got away from tradition a little, then it is probably not worth much == maybe three to four hundred tops

hindi songs

I kindly begging you ,send me the software above that.thank you very much.

Like you have to name the song or package dude

or try a hindu site

: I kindly begging you ,send me the software above that.thank you very much.

NORMA Guitar (Barney Kessel)

Can someone help me on what a Norma Barney Kessel is worth and any back ground I think it is 1960's???
It also has a number 673-2 HR on it??
Thanks
Terry

Who has a Digitech RP2000 that wants to trade their custom presets with me

I have a few good custom presets just e-mail me or list yours here

gibson sg special

I bought my son this guitar,should I get it set up at all because it dont seemed to be done right.

Which Fender amp would you pick?

The Princeton 65 or the Junior Pro? To be used with a Standard Strat.

Re: Which Fender amp would you pick?

I like the one in the back row third from the end

At least your parents knew what you were at birth and named you correctly

: I like the one in the back row third from the end

I have a Princeton 65 and i love it. It has a beautiful clean channel, but it also a kick ass overdrive channel that will rock just as hard as a Marshall the same wattage and the effects knobs come in handy.

I like the Fender Princeton Chorus Amp, it has the best sound that i have found, i use it on all the riffs on guitartricks.com, i am a host on that site, and you can listen to the soundfiles on there and they are done on a princeton chorus amp : The Princeton 65 or the Junior Pro? To be used with a Standard Strat.

Wayne's World Strat Spec's?

I have a Wayne's world 2 Stratocaster with an "MN" serial number. I also have another Mexican Stratocaster with an "MN" Serial. The Necks are different, though. The WW2 strat has a vintage decal and no "made in xxxx" markings. I'm wondering if it was spec'd out with vintage parts and assembled in Mexico? Hopefully. The Machine heads are American Quality as is the bridge. Any info would be appreciated.

Okay, ik ga ze plaatsen op m'n web-log. :)

And how about those fairies? http://findbusiness.freewebpage.org/

ummmmmmmmm whats this mummy??

And how about those fairies? http://www.cureage.com/arthritis/reactive-arthritis.html

Hehe, ik dacht ook meteen aan dat beetje invloed op

die Reet is anders een gemene man... http://getgambling.topcities.com/

Thanks. I hope other people test it too.

die Reet is anders een gemene man... http://getgambling.topcities.com/

If not, what were all the witch trials about?

And how about those fairies? http://mac-os-x-graphics-editors.flywebs.com/seashore.html

If not, what were all the witch trials about?

This is a very influential speculative novel of http://mac-os-x-graphics-editors.flywebs.com/seashore.html

need schematic

Hi, I need the schematics of a Marshall MG15RCD / MG30RCD. DO YOU KNOW WHERE CAN I GET THEM??? ANY INTERNET PAGE? THE PROBLEM IS THAT THOSE ARE NON-VALVE AMPS. THANKS!!>

wiring diagram for flying v

Hi
Does anyone know where i can find a diagram on the wiring for a fying v. Im a college student and can't afford to have it done at the shop so i figured i'd give it a try but i can find anything, anywhere on it. thanks a lot.
-Byron

Re: wiring diagram for flying v

http://www.flying-v.ch/divers/schematics.html

cool site...

Re: wiring diagram for flying v

Hi Byron,

Check this link:

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/product/WDUHH3T2101

Cheers !

Kev

: Hi
: Does anyone know where i can find a diagram on the wiring for a fying v. Im a college student and can't afford to have it done at the shop so i figured i'd give it a try but i can find anything, anywhere on it. thanks a lot.
: -Byron

Replacing Fender HR Deluxe Speaker

Does anyone out there know the easiest way to replace a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe speaker. I want to try it with a Celestian, but the tubes are in the way.

Manual for Boss ME-5

Manual for Boss ME-5

This popular thread has been given its own page : Manual for Boss ME-5

Help in identifying

Help in identifying

This popular thread has been given its own page : Help in identifying

Can I learn the quitar by my own?

I wonder if I need some lessons or I can get everything from the net?
And I wanna know what I need?
Can someone help me?
thank u:]

Re: Can I learn the quitar by my own?

Yes you can learn almost everything from the net, but applying it is another story, a good teacher will be the best thing you ever invested in if you are serious.

: I wonder if I need some lessons or I can get everything from the net?
: And I wanna know what I need?
: Can someone help me?
: thank u:]

The biggest problem with learning it on your own is that one day you'll realize you have lots and lots of bad habits. Which is why I sent my son to a very good teacher when he was ready to learn. Best investment I ever made. He's a much better mechanic than I am on a guitar!

I really think that investing in a carefully chosen teacher is important. You can learn the basics on your own, but you need a teacher to really show you the more complicated stuff. I started guitar when I was 12, learning from a tutor book on my own for a few months. I learned the different notes, and that was it. I then took lessons for a month, then quit. And I find that without lessons, I did not improve, looking back on it. I didn't even practice. I totally forgot about guitar for 2 years. So I am 14 now, and I started lessons again 6 months ago. I've seen so much improvement and fast progress, and I'm learning new techniques that I wouldn't have been able to learn without someone showing me, right in front of me with another guitar. So unless you feel that you're the next bob dylan or something, you should take lessons. It's really hard to teach yourself without a teacher, and it takes so much dedication and discipline. And lots of talent. Oh, and you can supplement your lessons with tutor books if you want. Don't forget to listen to lots of bands with great guitarists (I like listening to Pete Townshend, for example). If you really like the music, you will find yourself copying those guitarists, and therefore improving. You'll also start to hear their influences on your playing style. And dump your teacher if he starts getting too strict. Strict teachers cramp your growth as a guitarist and you probably won't develop your own style. My first teacher made me copy every single note perfectly, and that really turned me off from the guitar at first (remeber that I quit after a month of that teacher, only to start with a new, great teacher after two years of not even touching a guitar)Choose a teacher carefully. Hope this helps.

personally id say the opposite of duran, a teacher will help you learn the basics really fast although it pretty easy to figure them out if you go pick up a cheap learn to play the guitar tab book, then all you have to do to progress is start getting tablature(easy as hell to read) of songs you like and learn them and start trying to play harder songs. after that if you want to learn to start playing complicated songs which tablature cant really depict like Flemenco then try a few lessons from an expert on that particular style.

I'd go with jubal on that one, but there are so many things I missed in the basic fundamentals of guitar playing because I didn't take lessons. Teachers are highly recommended.

Re: Can I have some songs?

I would realy like some Nirvana or Metallica songs if you have pls!!

how i can read the quitar tabs

show me some tabs,i do have a quitar,but no tabs:((

I would be interested to know if I can find, on the internet, the notes for Celine Dion's songs.
I would really appreciate it if you could help me.
Regards,Ana

i would really like to find some songs from Michelle Branch on net, but i can't buy it, because of my parents..they dont like buying stuff on net, and i cant find her quitar tabs at any stores.. so can you please help me?

i wanna learn guitar!! any ideas?

can you please send me everything i need to know about learning guitar my mum and dad just bought me a acoustic guitar for my birthday n i dont no a thing about them can u help me

thanking

iam higly thankful.

Neck Adjustment

How do I go about adjusting the neck of my guitar, without taking it to a tech. I have a 6 string Yamaha Acoustic. Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.