Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2003

Advertisement

Archive for posts from June, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I NEED INFO ON A VANTAGE GUITAR!!!

I NEED INFO ON A VANTAGE GUITAR!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : I NEED INFO ON A VANTAGE GUITAR!!!

wiring L-500

I have a bill lawrence humbucker pick-up probably 20 or thirty years old but it sounds great what I don't know is the wiring (ground, red,green,black,WHITE) which are tone and volume model# L-500

Marshall tube information

Can someone tell ho i can power up my Marshall jcm900
with a fat warm crushing sound, i think that the tube's are the problem. can someone give me some info about that please??

Re: Marshall tube information

: Can someone tell ho i can power up my Marshall jcm900
: with a fat warm crushing sound, i think that the tube's are the problem. can someone give me some info about that please??

Sell it an buy a jcm 800 problem solved.

VOODU VALVE PRESET TRADE

VOODU VALVE  PRESET TRADE

This popular thread has been given its own page : VOODU VALVE PRESET TRADE

YAMAKI GUITAR..... Does anyone have one for sale??

YAMAKI GUITAR..... Does anyone have one for sale??

This popular thread has been given its own page : YAMAKI GUITAR..... Does anyone have one for sale??

Cannibal Corpse setting for my Boss MetalZone

I really need a good Cannibal Corpse setting for my Boss MetalZone

Fear Factory setting for my Boss MetalZone

I really need a good Fear Factory setting for my Boss MetalZone

Sepultura setting for my Boss MetalZone

I really need a good Sepultura setting for my Boss MetalZone

GT6

I'm trying to set the tuner to come on when the EXP pedal is all the way back as it says on pge59 of the manual but every time I hit the write button it wants to write it to the current patch that is selected, doing this makes it only work on that particular patch, any tips on how to make the tuner effective at all times, the manual is hopeless and I'm tearing the rest of my hair out trying to get around it

Re: GT6

I want to know some patches for gt6. I just bought a gt6, but being unable to make the patches

Re: GT6

you have to do it in all banks.

I want a guitar that's cheap but sounds good

i play rock and generally hand my guitar around to friends, so what's gonna take some punishment without sounding like a bust toy after a few months?

Re: I want a guitar that's cheap but sounds good

Go get you a fender Squire made in mexico for $225.00 and they great at least mine is, i have Gibson Les Paul custom but i play the squire.

i have a fender squire in great shape, i will sell for 150.00 plus shipping?? its black, i could send a pic!!!

www.musicyo.com Look under the Kramer line. Been playing for a number of years and in my opinion they're the best bang for the buck. I paid $220 for one a couple of years ago and it plays and sounds just as good as $700-800 Jacksons. For what it's worth.

Re: I want a guitar but im a beginner what kind should i get

i might get an electric guitar i want a gibson, but im a beginner so i need a cheap guitar but has the same reliability as a gibson....do u hav any adivce on whats the best beginner guitar?

13th FLOOR ELEVATORS ORIG. GIBSON FOR SALE

#! Psychedelic band, 13floor elevators guitar for sale, 65 es 340 walnut, exc. owned by Stacy Sutherland, played behind Janis Joplin her first Cal. appearane (Check Google for 13th info) The "dead" "Starship","Quicksilver,etc.opened for this ( HENDRIX FAVORITE) futuristic band. This is the quintessential guitar of the drug/society change error. Will sell or trade, all documents and photos included.

your elevator doesn't go to the top floor!

it had better have some damn good documentation especially considering that you state that it is a 1965 es340 and the es340 wasn't introduced until 1969!

lyerics to teslas modern day cowboy

i relly need the lyerics to teslas modern day cowboy. please mail them to me dpabcdefg@yahoo.com ty

b;;ahh

noooo fuck you

Need leyerics

hey. can i have the leyircs like the notes and stuff for the song Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) by Greenday. ty

Re: lyerics to he is born, and christmas song

: i relly need the lyerics to he is born a christmas song. please mail them to me lilgidget0723@insightbb.com

COMPRO GUITARRA VOX MARK III peru

compro VOX MARK III COLOR BLANCO HUMO LLAMAR AL 96359826 LIMA PERU O ESCRIBIR AL CORREO E MAIL BYE

COMPRO GUITARRA VOX MARK III peru

compro VOX MARK III COLOR BLANCO HUMO LLAMAR AL 96359826 LIMA PERU O ESCRIBIR AL CORREO E MAIL BYE

Shelby Lynne guitar tab

does anyone know the tag for shelby lynne's "where i'm from"?

Shelby Lynne guitar tab

that is...does anyone have the tab for shelby lynne's "where i'm from"?

Re: Shelby Lynne guitar tab

: that is...does anyone have the tab for shelby lynne's "where i'm from"?

Did you ever get an answer to this? Looking for same.

Re: Shelby Lynne guitar tab

: that is...does anyone have the tab for shelby lynne's "where i'm from"?

if you do find the tab for where i'm from could you please send'em my way. that song rocks!

'67 Flying V

What is a '67 Flying V worth? The serial number is in the 200s I don't remember the exact number.

Input on guitar model wanted!!

Hello,
I am trying to get input on a new guitar model that we will soon be releasing. Please go to www.brtguitars.com and check it out. Fill out a feedback form and let me know what you think.
Thank you!!

Old Hohner accustic guitar

Looking for help in finding info on a late '70s Hohner accustic guitar. Looking to find out value (if any) date of manufacture, etc. Thanks!

Re: Old Hohner accustic guitar

I Too own a late 70's model Hohner Accoustic guitar. I've heard they were hand-made by Yari. Mine is loaded with abalone inlay and sounds and plays wonderfully. I don't know what it is worth. But I'd sure like to know more about it.
CurtO

J&D bass guitar (model YC-RM4)

I need comments of sound..

Re: J&D bass guitar (model YC-RM4)

: I need comments of sound..

: : I need comments of sound..

: : : I need specification of J&D bass guitar

Humbucking Musicman pickup,for OLP bass

: I need comments of sound..

warlock bass bridge adj.

Please help???!!!!, I've just bought the bass of my dream's, a BC RICH WARLOCK. I didn't know the one I saw Nikki Sixx play 20 years' ago was one of many version's. I Bought a NJ series made in KOREA. I am 31 years' old and I'm now learning to play bass, but I don't Know how to tune it or how to adjust the Bridge so my string's stop buzzing? I want this BASS to be awsome,. Can you please HELP?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: warlock bass bridge adj.

U need to buy a tuner, or find someone to tune ur guitar. If the strings are buzzing this normally means that the bridge is too low. try getting someone to raise it or out a new bridge in.

Someone gave me a gibson maraider..i think its in the 70s

I dont know if i am even suppose to write about this.. all i know is that this guitar ( i was told ) was made in the late 70's.. its solid wood.. gibson in pretty good shape... just needs some pick ups... n e one that can tell me n e thing about this guitar.. id be very happy...

Gibson or Epiphone??

Im looking into buying a new guitar. I want to get a les paul and can spend about a thousand. I'm looking at either a Gibson les paul studio, or an Epiphone les paul standard elitist. It looks like the Epiphone goes for about 950, and the Gibson about 1200. The Epiphone comes with american electronic components, grover tuning machines, bookmatched Flame top wood, bone nut, its set up in America etc. So its supposed to be as good as a Gibson but made in Japan (I guess regular epiphones are made in Korea). It looks like a good deal but I havent been able to find any reviews on it. The Gibson Studio looks like it is the same as the Epiphone but it doesnt have as nice of wood and finish. The epiphone is cheaper than the gibson. Anyway Im confused about the whole thing. I went to guitar center and you have to special order the epiphone elitists so I couldnt play one. Has anyone played one of these??? What about the Gibson Les Paul Studio? If anyone has any feedback I'd be super stoked to hear it. It would be a HUGE help. Thanks for your time.

Mike

Re: Gibson or Epiphone??

I've bought one guitar in my entire life by mail order. I made the decision to buy it based on reviews and recommendations.

It's the guitar I play the least. It simply doesn't sound all that good to me.

So, my advice to you is to play as many guitars as you can before you decide on one. Play several of the same model as well. They do not sound identical even though they look the same. A guitar has to sound good to you - and fit your playing style.

Re: Gibson or Epiphone??

His exactly right! Hammer on the nail.
It has to sound good to you, that all that matters. Don't read the specs in the pamplets. It simply means nothing. Nobody else can try out a guitar for you....:)

just want to know?

my dad traded some speakers for a hagstrom Impala a few years ago,The other day he thought he should take it out and look at it,so he did and it still looked in mint shape,so he asked me to check if i could find out anything about it.Can you help me on it. THANKS

Re: just want to know?

Hi.

Go visit http://www.wtv-zone.com/HagstromUSA/ . There you will have a starting point.

Anders

: my dad traded some speakers for a hagstrom Impala a few years ago,The other day he thought he should take it out and look at it,so he did and it still looked in mint shape,so he asked me to check if i could find out anything about it.Can you help me on it. THANKS

GIBSON LESPAUL DC STUDIO FOR SALE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2537495834&category=38086&rd=1

check it out

Great resource for guitar players and independents

If you are interested in great prices on guitar cds want to promote your music check this website
http://www.abstractlogix.com

They support independent musicians very well

Whats a good brand for a guitar thats not to exspensive?

Hi I am a new guitar player looking for a good guitar. I heard austin guitars and raven guitars are good . What do u think? Is there other ones?

Re: Whats a good brand for a guitar thats not to exspensive?

dean!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.