Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2003

Archive for posts from June, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: where the fu** can i find this tab??

Go to www.mxtabs.com you can find their song there, in electric, bass, drum. All sorts of Tab.

EMG-81 wiring to volume only specs.&diagram

I'm looking for the schematics on wiring a EMG-81 in the bridge to one volume knob/no treble.

guild polaris

I have a Guild Polaris solid body electric guitar (around 1964).Any idea of its value?

A solo guitar tab

There's a really easy solo i need tabbed... would anyone here be able to figure it out for me?? It's the song Invisible by Lillix(an awesome new grouP!). The solos about 2:30 into the song!

yes I will

: There's a really easy solo i need tabbed... would anyone here be able to figure it out for me?? It's the song Invisible by Lillix(an awesome new grouP!). The solos about 2:30 into the song!

I don't know of the song. So send me the song or just the solo part via Email I'll tab it and send it back ok dude?

Re: A solo guitar tab

: There's a really easy solo i need tabbed... would anyone here be able to figure it out for me?? It's the song Invisible by Lillix(an awesome new grouP!). The solos about 2:30 into the song!

Sorry I changed my Email address pleez try again

ovation guitars

what kind of strings do they initially put on the celebrity nylon cc059?

Re: ovation guitars

Any idea of the value of a bicentiniel model 1687 acoustic/electric. Can't find the run number anywhere.

: what kind of strings do they initially put on the celebrity nylon cc059?
they have it on the sive under the faq section

: what kind of strings do they initially put on the celebrity nylon cc059?
they have it on the sive under the faq section
www.ovationguitars.com

Where the balls is the Re-ranch?

where the balls is the re-ranch (city, phone number)? Anybody? tried calling the old four one-one; no luck. i live in LA. is it in LA or its surrounding areas?

Re: Where the balls is the Re-ranch?

Should be on the website, if the one there is old just email them.

: where the balls is the re-ranch (city, phone number)? Anybody? tried calling the old four one-one; no luck. i live in LA. is it in LA or its surrounding areas?

Re: Where the balls is the Re-ranch?

heres the address
the guitar reranch
605 pebble creek
garland texas
(972)-495-2074

need some links for tab and such

looking for some info on guitar links any info appreciated

Harmony Sovriegn

anybody have anything on 1965 Harmony I need to adjust the truss rod and the nut will not loosen

Rect-o-Verb

Hey anybody out there who owns a rect-o-verb! How much did you pay for it? I'm searching for a used one and i would like to know what kind of money is a decent price for it.

Re: Rect-o-Verb

hey, i just bought a rectoverb head and 212 mesa boogie cab on ebay for 1200

Fender Bandmaster

Fender Bandmaster

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender Bandmaster

Vox Guitar Appraisal

I am original owner of 1967 Vox Viscount teardrop guitar. It has great sentimental value to me, but I think it might be better cared for by a collector. Can anyone tell me what it might be worth? I can send pictures if you'd like to see it. Thanx!

Re: Vox Guitar Appraisal

Hi
Can you please send me some pics.
Thanks
Stefan

: I am original owner of 1967 Vox Viscount teardrop guitar. It has great sentimental value to me, but I think it might be better cared for by a collector. Can anyone tell me what it might be worth? I can send pictures if you'd like to see it. Thanx!

"VOX TEARDROP"

HI,
DID BRIAN JONES PLAY A 2 OR 3 PICKUP VOX TEARDROP GUITAR?
THANK YOU!

: Hi
: Can you please send me some pics.
: Thanks
: Stefan

: : I am original owner of 1967 Vox Viscount teardrop guitar. It has great sentimental value to me, but I think it might be better cared for by a collector. Can anyone tell me what it might be worth? I can send pictures if you'd like to see it. Thanx!

help please!!!

well i am having trouble on how to tune my guitar in standard A, so if anyone out there that can explain to me as if i were four years old how to tune it please help me.....thanx a bunch!

Re: help please!!!

: well i am having trouble on how to tune my guitar in standard A, so if anyone out there that can explain to me as if i were four years old how to tune it please help me.....thanx a bunch!

Well first thing you need is a very good ear or a very good tuner! The most common alturnet tuneing is drop D and I bring this up for example standerd is EADGBE drop D is just what it sounds like you de-tune both E to D so it would be DADGBD, thats how I play salute to Judy blue eyes! Hal Leaderman is a song how to book company most good music stores carry and Hal Leaderman sell a small papper back with fifty alternet tuneings sorry but I don't have all memorized but I hope this was help full! Keep pickin

Re: help please!!!

Normal E A D G B E
G Tuning D G D G B D
A Tuning E A E A C#E

"A" tuning is just raising each string in the G tunings a full step

This can put a strain on some guitar necks(acoustic)/light strings and a better solution sometimes is to tune to G and use a capo.

: well i am having trouble on how to tune my guitar in standard A, so if anyone out there that can explain to me as if i were four years old how to tune it please help me.....thanx a bunch!

Mesa Boogie

nice forum, if anyone is interested in Mesa Boogie...come and check out our forum -->

http://pub61.ezboard.com/bmesaboogieampforum77319

All are welcome!

new learner

Sorry for this message, but I have just become the owner of a guitar, and have no idea about it. I want to learn all the chords before anything, obviously, but have no way of otaining a sheet showing them, due to my isolation. Could some kind soul tell me of a website that may post just the basics, as that is what I am, basic!!!!!!

Thanks Matt

Just try your search...

Search it out! Msn, yahoo, earthlink or any other browser will do. Ex.) "Guitar lessons" or "Guitar Basics" or "guitar 101" should help!

The Boogz

Re: new learner

Sorry for this message, but I have just become the owner of a guitar, and have no idea about it. I want to learn all the chords before anything, obviously, but have no way of obtaining a sheet showing them, due to my isolation. Could some kind soul tell me of a website that may post just the basics, as that is what I am, basic!!!!!!

: Thanks Matt

"Kent ?" circa 76' and love it!

Just thought I'd post that I recently refurbed my 76' Kent hollow body with Grovers and 2- reissued Humbuckers and found a beauty! It's wonderful the things found in little outta the way shops- Ain't it!
Please visit WWW.Tidalwaveband.com...

87' Gibson U2 tremelo, where?

There's few information about this model on the Internet, anyone knows wich model of kahler (or gotoh, not quite sure) licensed floyd rose tremelo has this guitar?, i want to replace the original for the very same, but it's hard to find, thanx a lot for your replies!

Re: 87' Gibson U2 tremelo, where?

Hey man. Ive got a 1990 u2. Its get and it has a schaller(or how ever its spelt) floyd rose 2 on it.

: Hey man. Ive got a 1990 u2. Its get and it has a schaller(or how ever its spelt) floyd rose 2 on it.

I Have a '88, but I've got Steinberger Tremolo on it.I'm still using it on my gigs without the tremolo, 'coz It always goes out of tune after using the tremolo.

Guys,
what are you talking about? Sure Edge of U2 uses an Explorer, but there aint no trem on it. Checkout U2.com. There are five pic's of his old faithfull axe. I aspire to own an axe just like that, being a fan since 1981. I've seen U2 five times now and that Explorer always makes the gig. The only Trem'ed axe I've seen the man use is a Strat (see Under a blood red Sky vid)
Possibly for that same reason you mentioned the b@st@rd thing keeps going outta tune.

Play-on.

Luggz.

: : Hey man. Ive got a 1990 u2. Its get and it has a schaller(or how ever its spelt) floyd rose 2 on it.

: I Have a '88, but I've got Steinberger Tremolo on it.I'm still using it on my gigs without the tremolo, 'coz It always goes out of tune after using the tremolo.

: There's few information about this model on the Internet, anyone knows wich model of kahler (or gotoh, not quite sure) licensed floyd rose tremelo has this guitar?, i want to replace the original for the very same, but it's hard to find, thanx a lot for your replies!

: : There's few information about this model on the Internet, anyone knows wich model of kahler (or gotoh, not quite sure) licensed floyd rose tremelo has this guitar?, i want to replace the original for the very same, but it's hard to find, thanx a lot for your replies!

:Let me know if you still want the info on the U2 I've got one.. red without the binding

I don't know why there seems to be no information about this guitar... it seems you can derive all the info just looking at it. The WRC model didn't last long because of the lawsuit.. hence it would seem lots of bodies...left.. just change the neck to a glue on model which is what Gibson does best.. all the switches etc.. are almost identical to the WRC.. the explorer headstock? well..they did the same thing with the flying v.. xpl model.. made a few models with the v headstock in the 80's the marauder and s-1 come to mind. The obvious choice at that time would be the explorer neck.. well in my opinion.
I have the WRC model also... they look almost the same.

Yeah, If anyone needs any help still with their u2, i have SOME info on them, some pics etc. email me at imantisocial@hotmail.com, ive got a 1990 u2 in red, im looking to get one in black if anyone wants to sell. If you still havent sorted out your tremolo issue, i can show you where to get one.

Ive also modded my u2, with dimarzios, a dsonic, and 2 protracks, and have rewired it to do what I want it to do. parallel on every pickup is an opition, oh yeah.

Ibanez Mystery Guitar

I have an acoustic 6-string Ibanez that I received in 1980-81. Model # F-300CW special edition; mother-of-pearl neck, cherry-colored wood (not sure what type), metal rod through neck to body. I can't find any info on it and would like to know more.

Can anyone out there help? Thanks!

Ibanez Mystery Guitar

It may be a CIMAR. ANyone know how much it's worth? Perfect condition.

: I have an acoustic 6-string Ibanez that I received in 1980-81. Model # F-300CW special edition; mother-of-pearl neck, cherry-colored wood (not sure what type), metal rod through neck to body. I can't find any info on it and would like to know more.

: Can anyone out there help? Thanks!

Guitarist for Megadeth and Alice Cooper has new album!

Al Pitrelli (best known as the guitarist for Megadeth, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Alice Cooper) is one of the hardest working musicians in the business. If you don’t know who he is…you should!! And his new album is a great place to start. Working with his wife, Jane, he has produced a project named O’2L -- a blend of rock, jazz and new age music creating a sonic journey without boundaries. It’s a must listen for anyone who appreciates guitar talent! Visit http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/589/o2l1.html for more info.

liberty- steve vai

who knows, how to play the very very fast lick on the midle of the song ( it starts at 00:55 sec)!?!?!

a right tab will also be good

thanks

Re: liberty- steve vai

hi do u still need the tab for liberty? if so let me know il send it to you!
rock on with passion
greg

Dimarzio Pickups

Hey. Can anyone tell me how to put a SPDT switch into my guitar to coil tap a Dimarzio Super Distortion Humbucker, cause the site only says how to do it with DPDT's. Thanx.

moogerfooger low pass filters vs. Mutron III envelope filter

Can anyone tell me what the differences are ? Which one is better ?

Re: moogerfooger low pass filters vs. Mutron III envelope filter

I prefer the Moogerfooger, the real drawback I have found with envelope filters (auto wahs) is that a lot of times you will need to blend the dry signal with the bandpass signal of the envelope filter to get a sound that is funky and still full enough. Unfortunately that's not an available feature on the Mutron (or Q-Tron, so you would end up having to split the signal), The moogerfooger has a mix knob, more usable features and just a better vibe (IMO).

Check out:

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/ECFtech/ecftech.htm

Everything you ever wanted to know and more

: Can anyone tell me what the differences are ? Which one is better ?

I have only one question. I was looking into buying a Mutron III envelope filter. I want something that gives me a Jerry Garcia sound. Which one if either will do that for me. Thank you.

the Mutron III envelope filter is what you want for a jerry garcia sound

: I have only one question. I was looking into buying a Mutron III envelope filter. I want something that gives me a Jerry Garcia sound. Which one if either will do that for me. Thank you.

FRANCISCAN acoustic guitar? it's model is CM6. anyone know the value of one thats in good condition?

12 String or 6 String?

I have an electric guitar, a Fender Stratocaster, which i love. I want to get an acoustic as well. I like the sound of the 12 strings because of the loudness and the energy you can get out of them. However, they do have a different sound than a 6 stringer. I also like the sound of an acoustic/electric. What should I do? And what are good brands? I know Fender makes great electrics, but what about acoustics? Thanks!

DeArmond 2K Adapters

Legend has it that a fella named T-Bone Williams makes custom spacers to adapt humbucker routes to accept DeArmond 2K Pickups, and yet nobody on FDP or Whole note knows how to find him. Anybody?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.