Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2003

Archive for posts from June, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: DeArmond 2K Adapters

I was looking for the same thing. this is what I found.
tbone@dynamyte.com
Anyway, if your a bit handy you can make the spacers yourself. there is a drawing of the spacers on the gretschpages. Look for a discussion on x155 and 2k's I believe it was posted bij a guy named setzer. (not the real one off course.
Hope to have been of service.

Gibson Double Cutaway XPL/400

Gibson Double Cutaway XPL/400

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson Double Cutaway XPL/400

Yamaha FG-300

Have one for sale, but the pick guard came loose and is now missing. Would love to find an original pick guard.

Re: Yamaha FG-300

I have one also. Bought it in Japan in 1970. My pick guard also came off and I can't find it! Do you have any idea how much the guitar is worth? Without the pick guard.

Thanks for your input.
Ron

Re: Yamaha FG-300

: Have one for sale, but the pick guard came loose and is now missing. Would love to find an original pick guard.

i'm in the same boat-my pick guard came off and cracked-old and brittle, i guess.
if you come across an extra pick guard could you send it my way?
thanks very much,
ron
p.s.-2 guys named ron with same guitar and need same part-small world!

trying to learn Slash solos.....................

Iam currently trying to learn some slash stuff(GNR)
Iam working on the solo from Dont Cry and the solo from Garden of Edan.I have the tab,Only problem is,is that when he plays something incredibly fast or too fast to make out how hes playing it,i get stuck.So is there any methods you guys use when stuck like this?
I mean,there probably aint any slash cd-roms out there,and i really wanna learn those intense,fast,driven moments,like i said i have the tab,but i get lost when he bursts in to speed lol.Thanks

Re: trying to learn Slash solos.....................

just stay in the scale/mode you are and try to get the pattern, most 'bursts' are just patterns, also theres alot of software to slow music down w/o changing pitch which makes it easier to figure solos and changes... just do a google search and download one.

: Iam currently trying to learn some slash stuff(GNR)
: Iam working on the solo from Dont Cry and the solo from Garden of Edan.I have the tab,Only problem is,is that when he plays something incredibly fast or too fast to make out how hes playing it,i get stuck.So is there any methods you guys use when stuck like this?
: I mean,there probably aint any slash cd-roms out there,and i really wanna learn those intense,fast,driven moments,like i said i have the tab,but i get lost when he bursts in to speed lol.Thanks

Hey,thanks.Do you know the name of this software?

Thanks,I know witch software to buy.....

ive ben paying guitar for 2 years starting to learn solos can play sweet child o mine any other gnr solos which are quite easy? any suggestions?

help please

ok I have a rg 470 ibanez; the problem is when I replaced the original strings, I remembered the my tremolo was really soft when I put it down, but now it´s very hard to put it down, the part that it was soft, now it´s very hard, and at the other side, I mean when I turned 180° the tremolo bar, I feel it very soft, got it. so please try to help me

Re: help please

Did you put on the same gauge strings ? just adjust the springs till it's where you like it.

: ok I have a rg 470 ibanez; the problem is when I replaced the original strings, I remembered the my tremolo was really soft when I put it down, but now it´s very hard to put it down, the part that it was soft, now it´s very hard, and at the other side, I mean when I turned 180° the tremolo bar, I feel it very soft, got it. so please try to help me

Amp over Guitar?

I'm buying my first guitar on a budget of about $600-$700. I don't want to buy a package deal because the amps that come in packages arn't usually that great. My plan is to buy a used entry level guitar such as a Squier and spend the majority of my cash on a nice amp(like a Marshall with some built in effects). I figure I can always save up for a Gibson after I can play on a level that exceeds my guitar, but the amp I can keep for a long time. Couple of questions though:
- Is my budget realistic?
- Is it smart to focus on the amp over the guitar?
- What are somethings I should avoid when buying?

I REALLY appreciate advice from someone who plays If it helps I like Pop Rock and some Punk stuff. Email me if you can so I don't have to search through the hundreds of messages here.
-Louie

Three Days Grace

I wondered if anyone here knows what kind of effects I can add to my guitar so it'll sound more like Adam's guitar in (I Hate) Everything About You. I can't really figure it out myself.

Re: Three Days Grace

: I wondered if anyone here knows what kind of effects I can add to my guitar so it'll sound more like Adam's guitar in (I Hate) Everything About You. I can't really figure it out myself.

he uses a line 6 green box and purple box get those and you're on your way ( i saw them live and hung out with them 2 weeks ago in london)

: : I wondered if anyone here knows what kind of effects I can add to my guitar so it'll sound more like Adam's guitar in (I Hate) Everything About You. I can't really figure it out myself.

: he uses a line 6 green box and purple box get those and you're on your way ( i saw them live and hung out with them 2 weeks ago in london)

: He uses an awesome guitar as stated above!! It'll be hard to get to his par but hes prolly impressed someone wants to sound like him!! I love these guyz! Ive been listening to them since they started back in the day as a 5 person band! and Im in the video! Norwoods proud boyz ;)

: : : I wondered if anyone here knows what kind of effects I can add to my guitar so it'll sound more like Adam's guitar in (I Hate) Everything About You. I can't really figure it out myself.

: : he uses a line 6 green box and purple box get those and you're on your way ( i saw them live and hung out with them 2 weeks ago in london)

: : He uses an awesome guitar as stated above!! It'll be hard to get to his par but hes prolly impressed someone wants to sound like him!! I love these guyz! Ive been listening to them since they started back in the day as a 5 person band! and Im in the video! Norwoods proud boyz ;)

you didnt say anything about the effects loser. you should be proud of yourself that your a stalker.

: : : : I wondered if anyone here knows what kind of effects I can add to my guitar so it'll sound more like Adam's guitar in (I Hate) Everything About You. I can't really figure it out myself.

: : : he uses a line 6 green box and purple box get those and you're on your way ( i saw them live and hung out with them 2 weeks ago in london)

: : : He uses an awesome guitar as stated above!! It'll be hard to get to his par but hes prolly impressed someone wants to sound like him!! I love these guyz! Ive been listening to them since they started back in the day as a 5 person band! and Im in the video! Norwoods proud boyz ;)

: you didnt say anything about the effects loser. you should be proud of yourself that your a stalker.

norwood represent..motherfucker.

yeah try the line six modulators...

Awesome song!! "(I Hate) Everything About You"!! And the self titled album "Three Days Grace" is out al over North America, so make sure to pick it up! Or you can go to http://www.hyfntrak.com/threedaysgrace/totalassault to hear a bit and to see the video!

SUPPORT 3DG!!!!!!!!!!

3DG,are so kick@$$. & brad is so hott. I gave him my necklace & he got me a shirt then had everyone in the band sign it. I have it framed on my wall. Them guyz are 100% KICK@$$

: SUPPORT 3DG!!!!!!!!!!

the effect adam uses in i hate everything about you isnt an effect at all , he recorded with an aqustic guitar , so an effect you could use is and aqustic pedal ,, and alot of the wierd sound comes from the way he plays it ,, and slides on the guitar

ROLAND G-88 BASS GR GUITAR SYNTHESIZER NEW- On eBay!

Just wanted to let vintage guitar collectors know about my auction: eBay item 2541981543

Very beautiful and extremely RARE Fuji Roland G-88 bass guitar - in MINT, BRAND NEW, FACTORY FRESH, FROZEN CONDITION with original case ALSO in pristine condition!
The guitar is in absolutely beautiful cosmetic condition, like it's frozen in time! Pristine!

Hi-rez photo gallery!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2541981543

Thanks!

Guild Mark 1

Can anyone give me idea of value for this guitar, serial CA-2737...model Mark1 Thanks, Don

Re: Guild Mark 1

: Can anyone give me idea of value for this guitar, serial CA-2737...model Mark1 Thanks, Don

bostonguitar.com is asking $799. That's a far cry more than the $150 I paid in 1962. It's still a great sounding guitar and I'm keeping it!

Volume Control Problem When I Use Pandora PX4

I'm getting a problem in controlling the volume everytime I switch to another effect. How do I even out the volume so that when I press either the Up or Down arrow to change effect, the volume stays relatively the same?

Randy Rhoads Video

I'm looking for just about any Randy Rhoads footage I can find that you can't currently buy in stores. Please email me if you have any, thanks!</p>

Dave - <a href="http://www.dementiaradio.com">DementiaRadio.com</a>

Re: Randy Rhoads Video

The only footage of Randy (other than occasional bootleg footage with Ozzy and Quiet Riot) is the 1981 TV show "After Hours." It's out there. Try Kazaa or Grokster to download the MPG files.

: I'm looking for just about any Randy Rhoads footage I can find that you can't currently buy in stores. Please email me if you have any, thanks!</p>

: Dave - <a href="http://www.dementiaradio.com">DementiaRadio.com</a>

fuck

i'm now trying to get a randy rhoads show with ozzy, during diary of madman, or , or wathever!!
a good randy rhoads show...
thanks
alex

Should I buy amps through magazines?

Okay, so we all know that you shouldn't buy guitars through the net or magazines, but what about amps? Some magazines have some great deals on amps that you would be hard pressed to find at retailers. What about straps, cables ect.?
Email me on this if you can, thanks guys.
-Louie

Re: Should I buy amps through magazines?

Buying through mags is fine, the ony problem w/guitars is you should try it before buying, also there are considerable differences in quality between differnt guitars of the same model so you usually have to try/inspect a few to find the best one, but if the seller has a good return policy and the price is right there is no problem buying through the mail.

The only problem I ever had was with an amp and that was through music123, they sell dent and scratch, blems (2nds), and returns as 'NEW', and have little to no customer service nor desire to resolve problems... they just lie about taking care of it and then ignore you.

: Okay, so we all know that you shouldn't buy guitars through the net or magazines, but what about amps? Some magazines have some great deals on amps that you would be hard pressed to find at retailers. What about straps, cables ect.?
: Email me on this if you can, thanks guys.
: -Louie

schematic

i need a wiring diagram for a westone guitar, i can't find a model # the serial # is 056100
i think its an 84 model has a kahler system on it 2 small pick ups & 1 humbucker 3 toggles 1 volume & 2 tone knobs any help would be apprecated..

Re: schematic

You can find alot of free wiring diagrams here http://www.guitarelectronics.com/
Hope it helps

Re: schematic Active/Pasive pickup swiching

: You can find alot of free wiring diagrams here http://www.guitarelectronics.com/
: Hope it helps

Re: Modify Yamaha SG 1980 schematic

Is the same model as Gibson.

Input on guitar model wanted!!

Hello everyone. I am coming out with a new guitar model in a month or so and I am trying to get some feedback on it. Please go to www.brtguitars.com and check it out under guitar model or whats new. you can let me know what you think on the feedback form on the site. I like all feedback.Good or bad. Thank you.

Fender Amp

Any idea of the value of a 1961 Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp? Works great!

buying guitar in states

high everybody. I am Dutch and later this year I'll go to Tucson Arizona. I wonna buy a new guitar then, since the're cheaper than in Holland. I am thinking to buy either a gibson or a prs. Can you tell me the big differences (sound, playability)? And is it best to buy in Tucson or is it a lot cheaper to order it at e.g. samash?
Any advice is welcome!

Re: buying guitar in states

TWO WORDS...
GUITAR CENTER
4720 E. Broadway
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520)320-9900

Schematics for marshall MG

where i can find schematics for marshall MG ?
and distortion jackhammer , or boss ..
thanks

Mann Acoustic guitars

Has anyone ever heard of Mann Acoustic guitars. I'm trying to find some information on them.

Re: Mann Acoustic guitars

: Has anyone ever heard of Mann Acoustic guitars. I'm trying to find some information on them.
No but I've seen some Mann electric guitars, they make a Les Paul knock-off that sell for about $110 US. I've heard rumours that Ibanez spawned from them.

Re: Mann Acoustic guitars

I just spotted one at a friend's place, he wanted to throw it in the garbage... but after playing this half broken guitar in an open tuning... sounded amazing, big sound, well defined bottum end... had an aged woody sound too, projects at a really nice volume. Seem that the snapped headstock was put back together rather amateur... the guitar seems to hold the new strings and the action was way up there, so I decided to play open D for the hell of it.

Into Yngwie?

If you are into early Yngwie stuff, and like progressive metal, check out
Secular Trend. Awesome guitar (yngwie-ish) and great vocals (Dio-ish)

check out:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/595/secular_trend.html

2 questions : 1. labels wanted for demo 2. future radioshow about new guitarists

[The body of this post has been lost]

COLLABORATION (MUSIC & MUSIC)

Hello!

My name is Michael Fox and I represent the Romanian
professional band
"BACIO"
The musicians in this band come from different styles:
pop, rock, jazz,
a
classy and catchy mixture.
The band already released their first album called
naturally " BACIO "
and
the first video at the recording company "MIXANDGO"
from Romania.
The video has a promotion on MTV-ROMANIA.
Some tracks from the album and their first video can
be found at:
www.romanul.ca/bacio

I would very much appreciate if you have a minute to
listen and watched
their work.
For the moment all lyrics are in Romanian but they can
be easily
translated
into English.
In the event of a further collaboration please contact
us by e-mail at:
info@mixandgo.ro www.mixandgo.ro
info@romanul.ca www.romanul.ca
or vcrysty@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
Michael Fox

IBANEZ EFFECT

Anyone who knows the "Ibanez PUE5 TUBE" effectboard?

Re: IBANEZ EFFECT

Yes! I just lost mine - do you know of where i can find another one? thanks

I have an old one in good shape. PUE5-TUBE. Nice piece. It's been wrapped in in storage for about 4 yrs. I may sell it on ebay, need some cash

i would love to buy a ibanez pue5 tube if its for sale.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.