Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2003

Archive for posts from June, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: IBANEZ EFFECT

: Anyone who knows the "Ibanez PUE5 TUBE" effectboard?

I'm from brazil and i got one of this wonderful box! :D its sound iis very clean, has a Tube Drive, A Tube Screamer (which is one of the best distortions ever made), a good delay and a chorus. It also have a noise reduction and is very simple to use. I dont sell mine for any money couse its very hard to find one of these here and its really a very very good box. Its just amazing!

Guitar School (Scotland UK)

Hi everyone,

At the guitar school, we pride ourselves in supplying free tutorial downloads for all. We have recently requested input from visitors, by submitting their articles relating to all styles of guitar playing from around the world. (Also guitar history etc.) Anyone interested in submitting an article should visit our site. Authors of such articles will have their name and email address credited on our site also.
All the best

Jim Conquer (www.theguitarschool.biz)

IBANEZ Guitar

Whilst cleaning out the loft i came across an Ibanez guitar Model: D805130 its black and cream and has brass dials (not sure of the correct terminology, am not a player). was wondering if this was a good guitar and if anyone knows roughly how much the guitar is worth. Its in mint condition , with case, and tuner.

Re: IBANEZ Guitar

: Whilst cleaning out the loft i came across an Ibanez guitar Model: D805130 its black and cream and has brass dials (not sure of the correct terminology, am not a player). was wondering if this was a good guitar and if anyone knows roughly how much the guitar is worth. Its in mint condition , with case, and tuner.

Why not post it on E-bay and find out what kind of bids you get. If found while cleaning out the attic, I assume it belonged to someone having access to the place, a relative perhaps? Maybe you could ask for a reward, and perhaps score enough to take a trip to the 7-11 for a slurpy.

Re: IBANEZ Guitar

Axctually, that number you stated is not the model number, but rather the serial numnber.
It denotes that the guitar was built in April, 1980.
As for what model it is, id need to see a pic or have a detailed description.
Let me know.. I can help.
www.vwallguitars.com

IBANEZ Guitar

i have the ibanez rb885 bass and have been enjoying but am not satisfied with the configuration of the strings. What is the normal used by most size of the strings to have the bassy performance with more low end

A new guitar.

Hello! Recently, I've been wanting to take up learning the guitar. Frankly, I do not where to start especailly when it comes to selecting a good guitar for myself, whom is a beginner. I was wondering if there was any suggestions anyone can give me. Any help would be great! I don't know if this is true or not but I heard there is like a "dual" guitar that is acoustic/electric? Please help. I am so clueless :)

Re: A new guitar.

Congratulations! I see this message is from a long time ago, but I thought you deserved an answer anyway! Probably the MAIN advice I would give somebody is don't try to go too cheap, There are some great inexpensive guitars out there, especially used ones, but many cheap ones are so hard to play, you'll just get discouraged. Nylon stringed guitars (Classical style) tend to be easier to play for a beginner, but steel stringed acoustics are more popular, Many acoustics can be bought with electric pickups or have pickups installed, but since you're a beginner I would recommend you focus on finding a guitar in your price range that feels comfortable to you. Stick to the basics and get the best you can afford. Strings should be relatively easy to push down to the fretboard, even if you don't have calluses yet, the neck should be straight. The strings shouldn't buzz when you strum. There should be no exaggerated bulges in the top or back, though in a used guitar, you might see some of this and it's not necessarily bad,

A teacher or a reputable dealer will be of most help to you. They will ask you what kind of guitar music you want to play, what kind of music you like, and will let you try out some different models so that you don't end up with an instrument that is too big for your body, or won't work with the kind of music you want to learn Don't worry, you can buy a fancier guitar later. That's part of the FUN!

Good luck!

maison guitar

maison guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : maison guitar

Epiphone Del-Rey Quirks

I have an Epiphone Del-Rey, which has a bolt-on neck. Unfortunately, this one has a pretty wide gap on the bottom side of the neck where it fits into the guitar's body. We all pretty much know that something like this can drastically effect tuning stability and sustain characteristics. Can anything be gained by gluing a bolt-on neck, or is this not advisable?

capo

I am just learning guitar and not sure how to use a capo. I was also wondering what the pros and cons were to useing one. Maybe it is not a good idea to use one?
Thanks
Jerry @ www.1stop-hangover-prevention.com

Re: capo

: I am just learning guitar and not sure how to use a capo. I was also wondering what the pros and cons were to useing one. Maybe it is not a good idea to use one?
: Thanks
: Jerry @ www.1stop-hangover-prevention.com
Just a beginner and interested in capo? What a capo does is change the key ie from D to A etc. There are many types to choose from ranging in price as well. My first was a simple pad with an elastic band that wrapped around the backside of the neck and and secured on a tab with an eyelet over the tab. The elastic tends to stretch out, resulting in a loss of tension on the strings between frets and "buzz". Next I tried a clip on that has notches in which a little bar attaches and then squeezes down like a binder clip. Upscale are spring loaded, like Keysler makes, and the thumb roller, which you roll with your thumb. There are also capos made that are partials,ie they only press down on three of the strings. I like the spring loaded as I can dangle it on my strap when not in use. Experiment with your ears, you may find you like what you hear at the first fret from some chord progressions, while other chords shape up for you at 3rd. Play a string of chords with the capo at 3rd fret and then play the same chords with the capo at the 5th. Hear the difference? Now try and match what your hearing to your voice, either in pitch or harmony. Experiment, Good luck!

Kirk Lorange has written

Kirk Lorange has written some helpful tips on using capos here.

We also have a detailed buyers guide to capos as well.

Oppinion

Your site is really rubbish go 2 my site called WWW.RATM.COM.
It is way better than yours! Email me back from Scott!

chords

i need chords for your hit songs

Re: chords

G C D

:
: i need chords for your hit songs

Re: lyrics maybe by neo colors

:
: i need chords for your hit songs

Re: chords and lyrics

: :
: : i need lyrics and chords of maybe of neo colors

Chords and Lyrics of Neocolors - Tuloy pa rin

: : :
: : :please i need lyrics and chords of Tuloy pa rin of neo colors

Re: Chords and Lyrics of Neocolors - Tuloy pa rin

: : : :
: : : :please i need lyrics and chords of kasalanan ko ba of neo colors

: :
: : i need chords for your hit songs

: : :
: : : i need chords for your hit songs and its lyrics

Chavel / Jackson mystery / question

Hi,

I have a Chavel Jackson guitar. H-S-S setup, on the last fret of the guitar neck is a serial number
C-900-964, does anyone know when this guitar was made and where? It is a neck through model. Looks black, but is actually upon closer inspection, Dark Blue with metalic specks. Active pickups, Shark inlay pattern on neck, headstock says Charvel, pickups say Jackson. Any info would be great. You can post here or reach me at jimi555@netzero.net Thanks in advance for anything you can offer to solve the mystery.

Re: Chavel / Jackson mystery / question

I don't know any specific info, but I know that the thruohg neck model was the "Model 5".

Help - - RICHIE SAMBORAS AMP OR PEDAL SETTINGS

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GETA GOOD RICHIE SAMBORA/BONJOVI ROCK SOUND, I HAVE A MARSHALL MG30DFX AMP AND A FENDER STRAT

CHEERS

Re: Help - - RICHIE SAMBORAS AMP OR PEDAL SETTINGS

why would you want a sound like that, ACDC is the way to go try
gain full
bass 1/4
conjour 3/4
trebel full
volume high

i really need a distortion pedal

I am in a band and i need a distortion pedal A.S.A.P. and please let it be cheap

crossroads

does anyone no where i can get the crossroad movie with stevie via i cant find it no where i downloaded the duel its the shit.

Re: crossroads

kazaa maybe?

: does anyone no where i can get the crossroad movie with stevie via i cant find it no where i downloaded the duel its the shit.

: does anyone no where i can get the crossroad movie with stevie via i cant find it no where i downloaded the duel its the shit.

you can buy a copy of Crossroad on Amazon

you can buy it on amazon.com

a rare Gibson 1 of 200

I know where theres a gibson melody maker 3/4 scale made in 1963 it one of 300 ever made email me on value afxlevi@earthlink.net

Re: a rare Gibson 1 of 200

Why ?

: I know where theres a gibson melody maker 3/4 scale made in 1963 it one of 300 ever made email me on value afxlevi@earthlink.net

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.