Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: how much is my guitar worth?

I have a Gibson Guitar that my father purchased in 1948. It is in excellent condition. It is a C5.
Can you tell me what it might be worth.
Thanx
Debbie

i have a takamine g-33og acoustic guitar and it has this nice color green.it was mad in taiwan.

It is a Gibson Epiphone, i have no idea what year though. i have the model number and the serial number though. Please email me back, and if you have an estimate, that would be great!

I have a Hy-Lo guitar. It was made in Japan and was bought around the 60s. It is in really really good condition but I can't seem to find how much it is worth so I was hoping you could help me out. If you don't know its value, do you at least know a way that i could find out? Thanks :]

I don't know but I'd be willing to pay a price if your interested in selliing it. If you are, e-mail me at kenneth_w_sutton@yahoo.com and we can discuss price details and such. Later.

: i have a Wayne's World fender stratocaster made in Japan in pretty good condition, i think its from bout '92. what is it worth.or how can i find out?...thanx

tryin to find model and age of my KAY electric guitar?

hi ,i just got an old kay solid body..trying to find info on what model it is and its age.....i looked on google and ebay for pics of this guitar no luck..if you know your kay guitars or know a site where i can get info ,email me thanks jim...i have a few pics of it

Re: tryin to find model and age of my KAY electric guitar?

: hi ,i just got an old kay solid body..trying to find info on what model it is and its age.....i looked on google and ebay for pics of this guitar no luck..if you know your kay guitars or know a site where i can get info ,email me thanks jim...i have a few pics of it

after looking at your pics,u sent me,its a late 50's very rare.i have only seen 1 other,if u decide to sell.id go $450.00 and can pay through paypal.....thanks stevo

: : hi ,i just got an old kay solid body..trying to find info on what model it is and its age.....i looked on google and ebay for pics of this guitar no luck..if you know your kay guitars or know a site where i can get info ,email me thanks jim...i have a few pics of it

: after looking at your pics,u sent me,its a late 50's very rare.i have only seen 1 other,if u decide to sell.id go $450.00 and can pay through paypal.....thanks stevo
hi you've probably got a 60's style kay being as it's a solid although !! in the 50's kay did make a solid but are much more known for thier hollows during that time which are completely bitchin! never played a 50's kay solid so can't talk about that.

:I have a Kay guitar model # K2 and serical # 10069? I would like to know what it is worth. Thanks

My first electric was a Kay. I got it for my 14th B-Day in 1966. I no longer have it. It was a solid body electric-black with dark cherry burst...it looked so cool I had my Warmoth Strat painted just like it by e-mailing the guy what I could remember and it came back with an awesome result.

It had 2 pups that were chrome surrounding gold-it had a whammy bar-kinda looked like a strat-had a white pick-guard-and a rosewood finger board...it played very easy and it was my best friend until I found the Gibson SG.

2 knobs-vol-tone-and a standard 3-way toggle.

Anyone recognize this yet? I never knew the actual name Kay gave it..I was too busy learning to play Beatles songs.-lol The guitar was very weak in as far as balls of course...i did not know back then I could have replaced the pups with PAF's. I have never seen this anywhere since I sold it in 1972.

thanx to all who help!:)

:
: My first electric was a Kay. I got it for my 14th B-Day in 1966. I no longer have it. It was a solid body electric-black with dark cherry burst...it looked so cool I had my Warmoth Strat painted just like it by e-mailing the guy what I could remember and it came back with an awesome result.

: It had 2 pups that were chrome surrounding gold-it had a whammy bar-kinda looked like a strat-had a white pick-guard-and a rosewood finger board...it played very easy and it was my best friend until I found the Gibson SG.

: 2 knobs-vol-tone-and a standard 3-way toggle.

: Anyone recognize this yet? I never knew the actual name Kay gave it..I was too busy learning to play Beatles songs.-lol The guitar was very weak in as far as balls of course...i did not know back then I could have replaced the pups with PAF's. I have never seen this anywhere since I sold it in 1972.

: thanx to all who help!:)

I believe that I have the same guitar. I bought it at a pawn shop in Toronto (it is also my first). It does lack some balls, but enjoy the sound. Old school surf music sounds great on it. I have about 6 pedals that I have hooked up to it and it sounds pretty cool. I have an amp that is pretty bad and am going to buy a new one before I choose which new guitar to buy. The guitar has been painted a couple of times and I think I am going to have it taken apart so I can sand and stain the guitar so it looks new. I think that the sound is extremely unique and I think I am going to hold onto it for a long time. The origional color was red, but has been painted Gold.

Same setup:

Volume, Tone dials.

2 switches and a whammy style attactment.

Epiphone E444T Mint Condition

I was wanting to know the value, age and history of my guitar. It is a Epiphone Granada model E444T, sunburst finish, and was built in Kalamazoo Michigan. The serial no. is 75671. I also have the original tubed Epiphone Pathfinder amp model EA-28RVT. Any info on amp would be appresiated as well.

Re: Epiphone E444T Mint Condition

i have that guitar too

Re: Epiphone E444T Mint Condition

I also have this Guitar asking the same question of value. I paid $400 ish 8 year ago.

Lyle L-15 12 str. Acut.

I am having one hell of a time finding the apx. value of this pactular guitar online. Any suggestions for an accurate appraisial?

seagull acoustic guitar

i have a guitar that has a label on the inside of it. the only nuber in there is 1948, i need to know if this is the date it was made or if this is the serial number on the guitar.it is a seagull brand but there is no model letter on the neck or on the label. can any one help me with this question. thank you. helen

Re: seagull acoustic guitar

:I have a guitar that has a label on the inside of it. the only number in there is 1948, I need to know if this is the date it was made or if this is the serial number on the guitar.it is a seagull brand but there is no model letter on the neck or on the label. can any one help me with this question. thank you. helen

Re: seagull acoustic guitar

Seagull is a Canadian company that produces acoustic guitars, they just recently had their 20th anniversary, therefore its impossible that your guitar was built in 1948....probably just a model #.

START YOUR OWN RECORD LABEL...get this info!!!!

This is the all new 3rd edition of "IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Record Label", only $24.99. If you are serious about releasing your own cds then you will definitely need this book.

We now accept secure credit card orders on-line 24-hours daily! © 2002 / 2003 Future Mix Publications..... visit http://www.futuremix.biz

SPAM Don't bother reading

!

Re: START YOUR OWN RECORD LABEL...get this info!!!!

I've read the book. It's helpful for beginners.

: This is the all new 3rd edition of "IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Record Label", only $24.99. If you are serious about releasing your own cds then you will definitely need this book.

: We now accept secure credit card orders on-line 24-hours daily! © 2002 / 2003 Future Mix Publications..... visit http://www.futuremix.biz

: This is the all new 3rd edition of "IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Record Label", only $24.99. If you are serious about releasing your own cds then you will definitely need this book.

: We now accept secure credit card orders on-line 24-hours daily! © 2002 / 2003 Future Mix Publications..... visit http://www.futuremix.biz

Re:I NEED HELP STARTING MY OWN RECORD LABEL...I DONT WHAT TO DOCAN SOMEONE HELP

: : This is the all new 3rd edition of "IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Record Label", only $24.99. If you are serious about releasing your own cds then you will definitely need this book.

: : We now accept secure credit card orders on-line 24-hours daily! © 2002 / 2003 Future Mix Publications..... visit http://www.futuremix.biz

WHAT IS THE PROCESS I MUST GO THROUGH TO START MY OWN LABEL. AND HOW MUCH WILL IT COST. PLEASE RESPOND

NEW SELF-OSCILLATING FUZZ AND FEEDBACK LOOP!!!!

Hello,

The Beautiful DIsater, Truly Beautiful Disaster, and Tri-Fuzz (from the found of the Guitar Pedal Archive)

Effector 13 - Lo-Fi Organic Effects
http://www.mercurysfortune.com/effector13/

peace,
-tim

Epiphone

I notice Elderly has an Epi EL-00 on their site. It is a small body sunburst, solid wood top. Looks like one of the legendary might have played but it's new. Anybody tried it yet?

age of my Strat

I have a Strat Ultra, but I want to know the model year. The serial number starts with E95... but it's not a 95 because I bought it around 92. Can anyone tell me what year it is by the serial# ?

Re: age of my Strat

: I have a Strat Ultra, but I want to know the model year. The serial number starts with E95... but it's not a 95 because I bought it around 92. Can anyone tell me what year it is by the serial# ?
Well I found out the year. I went to www.strat-central.com and found the exact same one. It's a 1993 Delux Strat Ultra.

Re: age of my Strat

: : I have a Strat Ultra, but I want to know the model year. The serial number starts with E95... but it's not a 95 because I bought it around 92. Can anyone tell me what year it is by the serial# ?
: Well I found out the year. I went to www.strat-central.com and found the exact same one. It's a 1993 Delux Strat Ultra. YOURS IS A 1991 STRAT ULTRA. FENDER USED LEFT-OVER SERIAL#S....IT'S A LONG STORY. E-MAIL ME FOR DETAILS. I HAVE ONE JUST LIKE IT.

Crate Switch Box Problem

I have a Crate half stack and also a 3 button switch box. for some reason the far left button does not work. i have tried to fix it but i cant seem to open the box. there are no screws or anything. it appears to snap together but i cant seem to snap it apart. any ideas?

WANTED: Gibson Marauder Custom

I am in need of a 1976 Marauder Custom. If you are willing to sell email me. Pictures would be great. thanks

Re: WANTED: Gibson Marauder Custom

: I am in need of a 1976 Marauder Custom. If you are willing to sell email me. Pictures would be great. thanks

I have a Marauder from the 70's that was barley used. However, I dont know how to tell from what year or if it is custom. email me for pic.

: : I am in need of a 1976 Marauder Custom. If you are willing to sell email me. Pictures would be great. thanks

I have an old marauder. Not sure right here about the year..but that can be found from the serialnumber...i think. I remember have seen some pictures of a marauder that Kiss used (and smashed)...and I think it's the same model. E-mail me if anything. I'm thinking of having it "freshed-up" with painting and so. The neck needs major adjustment too :D

:
: I have a Marauder from the 70's that was barley used. However, I dont know how to tell from what year or if it is custom. email me for pic.

I have that guitar do you need, but there is a big problem I live en Mexico and I sale this guitar $1,000.00 and you pay all the trave to your home. If you have a friend who speak spanish tell hem because I don't speak Englesh. My phone number is (474) 742 1735 or send me a main to be make a comunication with you. Well a be care of my main.

: I am in need of a 1976 Marauder Custom. If you are willing to sell email me. Pictures would be great. thanks

I don't have a 1976 custom, but I do have a 1979 Gibson Marauder that I bought new that I'd be interseted in selling. I also have the hard shell case for it. Contact me if you're interested.

i have a 1976 gibson marauder for sale.if your interested drop me a line at cmrees@yahoo.com

Lakland Bass

Looking at a Lakland 5 string...any pros or cons?
Thanks

minor incident by badly drawn boys

HI ya to who ever can help, i have fallen in love with the most gorgeous woman, we love music and i play the guitar a little and she loves to listen to me, our fav tune is Minor incident by the badly drawn boys, has anyone got the tabs for this, i'v got most of it but some how i cant get all of it, a huge thanks if anyone can help. trev

Framus Star Bass

I have a Framus Star Bass guitar, it's black and the serial number is :- 37928 it is in good condition. Does anyone know what it would worth?

Re: Framus Star Bass

: I have a Framus Star Bass guitar, it's black and the serial number is :- 37928 it is in good condition. Does anyone know what it would worth?

Wish I did what it was worth, when you find out please email me and let me know.-thanks

electric guitar

I am interested in any information on the Gibson "melody maker" electric guitar. I play fingerstyle and thought this would be a good guitar for fingerstyle play. I would be using it with the Fender junior blues amp. Thanks.

how much is this thing worth

Ok my friend is going to sell me his guitar, its not as if i don't have one already i just want his as a spare, it is a Lotus its black and kinda old, i don't wanna get ripped off if ne one knows about the brand plz help me out

i need some ppl for advice

i own a ibanez ICX 120,, and im currently looking for a new electric guitar. i was lookin into the epiphones, and PRS',, but im still unclear whut to get. does ne one out there kno of a good brand to try out??

Installing gibson 57 classic pickup

i acquired this pickup with a short lead wire (about 2 inches) what is the best way to install it? should I solder a similar wire to the short wire and connect that to the pot? will that even work or should i take the wire out of the pickup completely and replace.

Offspring sound

I have a MG100HDFX head and I wanted to know if there any way possiable to make it sound like Offspring? If not I also have Zoom 505 mark 2 could any tell me the setting for it if they know one. Thanks if you can help

4 Sale...Fender American Deluxe Strat...

A BEAUTIFUL Fender American Deluxe, 3-tone Sunburst with a dark Rosewood neck made at the

custom shop in Corona, California. I purchased this guitar in the summer of 2000. It has

played beautifully. The guitar is in superb condition except a few small dings from regular

use. The Strat stays in tune for weeks and weeks.

It comes with picks, extra strings, a Fender cord, the Guitar Grimoire scale book,

K.I.S.S.'s guide to playing the guitar, (the Keep It Simple Series, not the band.) a HARD

SHELL Fender case and a cleaning cloth. It of course comes with it's whammy bar.

Pictures are available at http://www.helpthesoldiers.org/row/pics.html
Since the pics have been taken, it was restrung and the second tone knob has been replaced

at Rod's Music here in Great Falls.

I would like to get $900-$1,000 for it as new ones sell for $1,200 on Musician's Friend with

NO extras.

My e-mail address is MrJohnMack@yahoo.com or you can of course reply to this post and I will

answer all questions.

Thanks for looking!

-John

good year?

hey,
i was wondering if anyone knew a what a good year for a Gibson Les Paul was. Say the 1975 Les Paul was heavy and didn't sound as good as the ones later on
thanks.

Re: good year?

: hey,
: i was wondering if anyone knew a what a good year for a Gibson Les Paul was. Say the 1975 Les Paul was heavy and didn't sound as good as the ones later on
: thanks.

one in good shape before mid 70's and after early to mid 80's
gibson went into a big slump for les paul sales in that time and changed some things on the model.
bad frets was one big disappointment and they were all fairly heavy
1989 and above was a complete turn around and you could try to buy a 50's or 60's model, if you sell your house and car and grave plot

breau

Iam looking for[The velvet touch of lenny breau], on cd, vinyl , whatever.ihave contacted one way records-thelast distributer,and they no longer have it.I will even pay for someone to make me a copy!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.