Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: beginner

Check out:

http://guitar.about.com/library/bleasysongs00s.htm

Alot of popular songs in an 'ez-tab' format.

: hi, I'm a beginner guitarist and i bought my first electric guitar a couple days ago. the music i am into is metal, rock, and old punk. i was wondering if there are any easy songs to begin with even if they arent rock or punk. thanks.......kendra

Question on a Cort G-200

I am looking to purchase a guitar for a child (13). I went to a local guitar shop they recommended the Cort G-200. Does any one have any experience with this make/model?

I have a Cort G255...

I've been playing on and off for 12 years and I got
this guitar around a year ago. I'm not sure how similar
it is to the G-200 but mine has been excellent.

I play every style of music from ballads, heavy rock,
blues, funk, etc... and it's served me well live too.

I suggest you ask a guitar playing friend to have a look
at the guitar in the store to give you an honest opinion.

Also, for a child most entry-level electric guitars will
do the job of keeping them entertained and providing
them with the knowledge of whether or not they want to
continue playing seriously. My first guitar was a cheap
RokAxe and if were to see one in the store now I would
stay well clear of it.

Also, check out - http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Cort/G200-01.html

Good luck!!

Dennis B.

1928 Martin 5-17T

I have a 1928 Martin 5-17T Tenor (4string) Guitar in excellent condition. Serial # 36014. What would something like this be worth? Thanks in advance,

Martin

Talkbox wiring diagram

I need a detailed wiring diagram for a talkbox, a detailed diagram of how to hook it up, and use it.

Fender double-neck wanted

if anyone has a 6-12 Fender double-neck guitar they'd like 2 sell, email me. i'd need a pic and price.

s. yairi classical guitar

s. yairi classical guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : s. yairi classical guitar

guitara

for sale ovation guitar.....

Amp for a Washburn SBF80

I just bought a Washburn SBF80 and am loving it but it sounds like garbage through my Mesa Boogie Mark III. Any ideas for amps that'll sound good with it?
Much Apreceiated,
Lou

Re: Amp for a Washburn SBF80

Hey Lou I also own a washburn SBF-80. The kind of amp I would Recommend a Fender twin or any Marshall amp, even a Peavey Blue Marvel. Plug the guitar into one of those and stand back. The guitar itself also has a beautiful acoustic sound. Well got to go.

NICK

Neck Finishing

What should I use for finishing a Warmoth guitar Neck? Do I need a special finish or can I pick something up at a local hardware store?

Re: Neck Finishing

You can buy stuff thats specially made for guitar necks on the internet or possibly a guitar stor try going to musiciansfriend.com

SAMBORAS amp/pedal settings NEEDED

The subject says it all, If you have managed to get a good Sambora rock sound, and have some amp or pedal settings could you please help.

BONJOVI SLIPPERY WHEN WET GUITAR TAB BOOK NEEDED

IF YOU HAVE THE BONJOVI SLIPPERY WHEN WET OR NEW JERSEY GUITAR TAB BOOK, AND WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT, PLEASE E-MAIL ME. MUST BE IN TAB. CHEERS

Older Yamaha 12 string

A collegue is selling her friend's husband's guitar who passed away, but knows nothing about it's worth. It's an older 12 string Yamaha FG 412 SB acoustic with the # 1887 beside the name Yamaha. It's condition is a modest "GOOD". Can anybody advise me what to offer for it?
Thanks for taking the time.

Re: Older Yamaha 12 string

200€uro less

Yairi and son 1969 model 880 serial 130 acoustic value

I have a paper label, handwritten 1969 yairi and son model 880 serial number 135 acoustic guitar. I am attempting to figure out if it is worth repairing minor cracks. I can't find anything about this particular one. I did see something about the paper label versions being more valuable than stamped label versions. Any idea or resources to find value?

Thanks,

Laura

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.