Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Supro Special

My father was given a Supro special and has been trying to get info on it...It is a 6 string electric...with the numbers x90255 on the back..it has the case with it..any info or where we could get info would really be appreciated..

difference between electric and acoustic guitars

besides the obvious what is the difference between acoustic and electric in ways of which you play it? Are the chords notes and everything else the same or is there differences?

The chords, notes, strings,

The chords, notes, strings, and tuning are generally all the same. However there are some differences in approach, how you play them, and the style of music they are suited to.

For a good overview see: Differences Between Electric & Acoustic Guitar Playing

zoom gfx 707II smart media

is the zoom gfx-707II can connected to all kind of smart media? or anyone can tell me what kind of smart media writer and smart media good for use in zoom gfx-707II

set-up

HELP
I haven't been playing long, and have been left some really awesome kit. Marshal JMP-1 pre-amp and lexicon mpx g2 in a rack. I also have a 2 x 12 Marshall cab.
before I set this up, do I need an amp?

Re: set-up

Help: I don't know how to connect my MG Series 100HDFX amp to my 4x12 cabinet

Re: set-up

Help: I don't know how to connect my MG Series 100HDFX amp to my 4x12 cabinet

Korn.

Is it possible to get the Korn sound using a Aria MAC 7 string guitar, Zoom 707 pedal and Marshall 100dfx amplifier??

Re: Korn.

: Is it possible to get the Korn sound using a 7 string Ibanez RG7321, plugged into a Kustom 30 watt amplifier. if so then what are the settings on the amp

early 70's electra phoenix guitar wiring diagram

Could someone please help me. i painted my guitar and in the process my pickups broke free from the wires. all the pots are off now and i have no clue what to do. it has a three way switch a two way switch and three pickups i desperatly need help because i am a moron that wrecked my guitar. any help would be great thank you

Re: early 70's electra phoenix guitar wiring diagram

ok, if you mean that the micro wires inside the picup broke off, you need to find the end, very carefully strip the varnish off the wire with a razor blade, and then re-solder it to the terminal on the pickup that hooks to the big wires. If its the big wires that broke off of the pickup, simpl;y re-solder them. If you have no idea what i just said, go to the guitar shop and ask them for advice. If they fix it, this is something so basic that you shouldnt end up paying more than 20 bucks or so to have fixed.

Les Paul Custom Limited Addition for sale

Hi, i have a 1980 Les Paul Custom gold in color serial#80560084, it has a Pearl plate between the Keys on back of Headstock with (Reg No.42)i have tried to find out about this guitar but havent had much luck, a guy in Texas looked it up and he said that Gibson didnt show making a goldtop in 1980 but it is a 1980 model as you can see on the serial#, i bought it new in 1980 or the first part of 1981, cant remember exactly but when i bought it the owner told me it was the second one sold this side of the rockies, ever what that meant. Another thing interesting about this guitar is that the upper link between the O and the N on the word Gibson has the upper link but gibson did not put the upper link untill the 1981 models and this is a 1980 model and it has the upper link, it supposed to be the lower link untill 1981 models come out, anyway its in ecellent condition, i dont play it, its put up but i may sell, if your serious about buying it or if you know anything about it let me know.

Re: Les Paul Custom Limited Addition for sale

I am interested in this guitar. I owned a 1980 Custom (tobacco sunburst, gold hardware, speed tuners) it was my favorite guitar but circumstances forced me to sell it. I regret that. Do you have any pics of it that I might look at? You can email them to me. What dollar value would you place on the guitar? Thanks!

: Hi, i have a 1980 Les Paul Custom gold in color serial#80560084, it has a Pearl plate between the Keys on back of Headstock with (Reg No.42)i have tried to find out about this guitar but havent had much luck, a guy in Texas looked it up and he said that Gibson didnt show making a goldtop in 1980 but it is a 1980 model as you can see on the serial#, i bought it new in 1980 or the first part of 1981, cant remember exactly but when i bought it the owner told me it was the second one sold this side of the rockies, ever what that meant. Another thing interesting about this guitar is that the upper link between the O and the N on the word Gibson has the upper link but gibson did not put the upper link untill the 1981 models and this is a 1980 model and it has the upper link, it supposed to be the lower link untill 1981 models come out, anyway its in ecellent condition, i dont play it, its put up but i may sell, if your serious about buying it or if you know anything about it let me know.

Flying V

I recently had an accident with my flying v. All in all my headstock is broken, I need to get it fixed but need to know what year it was issued. It has seymour duncan pickups, and a different stop piece from most V's Ive seen. Can any one give me a place to go to find out what year it is, and maybe a place in southern california to get it repaired.

flying v continued

oh yea and the bridge is a fine tuning version

framus

I've got a framus electric that's pretty old and it has no model number , it probably was repainted but i don't know for sure.
Is it worth trying to sell?

Guild M-20 - What's it worth?

I have a Guild M-20 guitar with the serial number 5817. It is in very good condition with the original case. Any idea what year it was made and how much it's worth?

Re: Guild M-20 - What's it worth?

: The serial number 5817 would indicate the guitar was made in 1958. Does it have a script guild logo instead of block letters? Early m-20s have been very popular lately. I have seen auction prices approaching $1000.00

i need worship chords ASAP!!!!

i am a beginner on the acoustic guitar and i really need some help finding new chords to some songs i am playing for the school worship band. i need some simple, easy-to-learn chords with melody that isn't too high for a girl's voice (i'm an alto). the songs i need are:

here i am to worship
draw me close
hungry (falling on my knees)
i stand in awe
o lord, you're beautiful
jesus, lover of my soul

it would be so helpful if anyone could give me even one of them, but help with as many as you can. i need these ASAP, but don't rush. thank you so much to anyone who can help out! God bless!

Re: i need worship chords ASAP!!!!

Dear sister, I suggest you to visit one of these sites: www.higherpraise.com, www.cristianguitar.com,www.worshiparchive.com,www.praisecharts.com,ecc...

God Bless you, your church and your family !

: Dear sister, I suggest you to visit one of these sites: www.higherpraise.com, www.cristianguitar.com,www.worshiparchive.com,www.praisecharts.com,ecc...

: God Bless you, your church and your family !

: : Dear brother, I suggest you to visit one of these sites: www.higherpraise.com, www.cristianguitar.com,www.worshiparchive.com,www.praisecharts.com,ecc...

: : God Bless you, your church and your family !

Hungry:
C Am G F(Hungry I come to you for I know you satisfy)
C Am G F( I am empty but I know your love does not run dry)
G F G F( so I wait for you, I wait for you)
CHORUS: C F(I'm falling on my knees)
C F(Offering all of me)
C F(Jesus, you're all this heart is living for)
Here's another that you might not have submitted but it's really easy!
Holiness: G C D C G C D C G(Holiness, Holiness is what I long for. Holiness is what I need)
G C D C G(Holiness Holiness is what you want from me)
G C D C G C D G C D C G(Take my heart and form it, take my mind, transform it, take my will conform it)
G C D C G C D(To yours, to yours Oh Lord, to yours to yours Oh Lord.)

I hope that I was of some help. May the Almighty Bless You!

Dear sister, I suggest you to visit one of these sites: www.higherpraise.com, www.cristianguitar.com,www.worshiparchive.com,www.praisecharts.com,ecc...

God Bless you, your church and your family !

guitar chords

: Dear sister, I suggest you to visit one of these sites: www.higherpraise.com, www.cristianguitar.com,www.worshiparchive.com,www.praisecharts.com,ecc...

: God Bless you, your church and your family !

Re: guitar chords

: : Dear sister, I suggest you to visit one of these sites: www.higherpraise.com, www.cristianguitar.com,www.worshiparchive.com,www.praisecharts.com,ecc...
Hey guys,
I heard this AWESOME praise song called "Majesty (Here I am) from Delirious off of the allworship.com and I ws wondering if anyone has the chords to it? Thanks a bunch!! God Bless

: : God Bless you, your church and your family !

: i am a beginner on the acoustic guitar and i really need some help finding new chords to some songs i am playing for the school worship band. i need some simple, easy-to-learn chords with melody that isn't too high for a girl's voice (i'm an alto). the songs i need are:

: here i am to worship
: draw me close
: hungry (falling on my knees)
: i stand in awe
: o lord, you're beautiful
: jesus, lover of my soul

: it would be so helpful if anyone could give me even one of them, but help with as many as you can. i need these ASAP, but don't rush. thank you so much to anyone who can help out! God bless!

The songs you are needing can all be found at
www.yourchristianhome.com in their music library. And though they dont have as many songs another decent site is www.pwarchive.com because that site will actually transpose the chords for you into whatever key you need the song to be in

I have Oh Lord... and Hungry... charted out, but I couldn't find a way of including an attachment via this web page. If you still need these, email me at yobrent@aloha.net

: i am a beginner on the acoustic guitar and i really need some help finding new chords to some songs i am playing for the school worship band. i need some simple, easy-to-learn chords with melody that isn't too high for a girl's voice (i'm an alto). the songs i need are:

: it would be so helpful if anyone could give me even one of them, but help with as many as you can. i need these ASAP, but don't rush. thank you so much to anyone who can help out! God bless!

Hey there...I am a worship minister...and I have about any chord chart that you would need...send me an e-mail and let me know everything ya need and I'll see what I can do. peace out. -Jason

my husband plays the guitar and has all those songs and the chords

http://www.ebenezerreformed.com/xstream/worship.php

hey, i've been playing for about 2 years or so, so i guess i would be about half a beginer as well? i dont know...anyway, this is a really cool website that i've found. It helps when they call you the day before you have to play for school and tell you that you're the music for that day(fellowship of Christian atheletes FCA? dont know if you've heard of it) :D but uh...its got this neat feature where it will transpose the music into differant keys for you, its pretty awesome. so if its too high in A or something, just take it down to D, all you've got to do is click a button..but i've seen some chords that aren't right in there, but oh well :D Praise god with your heart through your instrument :D feel free to email me.

: hey, i've been playing for about 2 years or so, so i guess i would be about half a beginer as well? i dont know...anyway, this is a really cool website that i've found. It helps when they call you the day before you have to play for school and tell you that you're the music for that day(fellowship of Christian atheletes FCA? dont know if you've heard of it) :D but uh...its got this neat feature where it will transpose the music into differant keys for you, its pretty awesome. so if its too high in A or something, just take it down to D, all you've got to do is click a button..but i've seen some chords that aren't right in there, but oh well :D Praise god with your heart through your instrument :D feel free to email me.
the website is www.WorshipArchive.com

chords

try www.christianguitar.org they have lots of chords

9 chords in every key and melody of them

as mentioned,i want some melody and 9 chords.

I am an intermediate acoustic guitar player and I'm looking for a couple worship songs.

:waves of mercy

i need worship chords ASAP!!!!

I need chord charts to the song Cry Out Your Name.

I am a Begginner on the acoustic guitar, but I don't really have that much music, and I love playing worship songs. I also play in church. That'd be awesome if you'd send me some songs, i'd really like hungry and Jesus, Lover of My Soul. Thank You so Much!
Lydia

I need worship chords to We've come to WOrship
it one has chour Glory to God in the highest glory forever amen
we've come to worship we've come to worship and so one please send them to me be greatly apprecaited
Thanks
God Bless
Jennifer

midi with gfx8

I want to know if the gfx8 can send a message to a sequencer and make it play
thanks

1 of 100 tama accoustic guitar appraisal

i'm trying to sell my tama accoustic guitar, but i don't know what it's worth. it's in perfect condition, and it's made by tama, the drum company. they only made like 100 of each type of guitar (accoustic, electric, etc.) If you were looking to buy a rare tama accoustic guitar, how much would you pay for it? thanks.

Re: 1 of 100 tama accoustic guitar appraisal

: i'm trying to sell my tama accoustic guitar, but i don't know what it's worth. it's in perfect condition, and it's made by tama, the drum company. they only made like 100 of each type of guitar (accoustic, electric, etc.) If you were looking to buy a rare tama accoustic guitar, how much would you pay for it? thanks.

Re: 1 of 100 tama accoustic guitar appraisal

: : i'm trying to sell my tama accoustic guitar, but i don't know what it's worth. it's in perfect condition, and it's made by tama, the drum company. they only made like 100 of each type of guitar (accoustic, electric, etc.) If you were looking to buy a rare tama accoustic guitar, how much would you pay for it? thanks.
Do you still have this guitar. I am very interested in it. Cheers Eddy.

please reply

Hi,
my names chris and i have my eye on the LTD MD-500 bass guitar,and i can't find any website what you can buy it off. I know you can buy it.
Please help
Chris

Fixing Sovtek Mig 50 ll

We bought one new w/ snapp crackle & pop sounds. After 2 trips to NewSensor it is Worse! I sprayed freon between inverter tube & a bridge rectifier & amp was worse! Tried replacing that 7025 tube,a nearby resistor & a .1mfd cap so far! Have the Schematic! The mounting pins are questionable. Help!!!

what is wrong with my guitar

i just bought an electric guitar, but a string broke when a friend played it, and all the strings were flat. i bought som enew strings and put them on. I went to tune it, but whenever i turn a knob to tune it, it lifts the bridge up. dood, i tune a string. i go to tune the other but then the other goes out of tune, i can only have 3 tuned at a time out of 6. it is a ibanez RG 120.

Re: what is wrong with my guitar

dood it's a floyd !!

have someone show you how to change the strings/set it up, thats the easiest way.

: i just bought an electric guitar, but a string broke when a friend played it, and all the strings were flat. i bought som enew strings and put them on. I went to tune it, but whenever i turn a knob to tune it, it lifts the bridge up. dood, i tune a string. i go to tune the other but then the other goes out of tune, i can only have 3 tuned at a time out of 6. it is a ibanez RG 120.

Re: what is wrong with my guitar

ok, im left handed playing a right handed accustic guitar. yes i still suck. but im trying. anyways. im playing my notes and some of the strings that my fingers are on a chord DONT VIBRATE. making a retarded sound what am i doing wrong!?

Alvarez Masterworks series acoustic guitars.

Does anyone know the quality, sound, and workmanship, of Alvarez Masterworks acoustic guitars coming out of mainland (Red)China?
I'm am looking at the MD-80 and MD-90, and MJ-80 acoustics in the latest Alvarez catalog.
Thanks for any advice.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.