Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: GOYA MODEL S-14 SERIAL #373447

www.goyaguitars.com

Old Ibanez Cimar CW series model no. 300

Old Ibanez Cimar CW series model no. 300

This popular thread has been given its own page : Old Ibanez Cimar CW series model no. 300

Les Paul Double Cutaway Blueprints

I need to find Les Paul Double cutaway blueprints.

Re: Les Paul Double Cutaway Blueprints

I need to find some nice blueprints for a electric guitar. Its for a school project, and were not allowed to buy anything, so im not even allwoed to spent 1$. The school has supplys and strings and stuff, but i need the plans. Please help me, this project counts as 30% of the grade!

Guild B4CE Acoustic/Electric Bass for Sale

Just letting you all in on the deal if anyone is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2545194054&category=4713

1977 Musicman/Stingray Base Guitar

For sale-800.00 In great condition!

Re: 1977 Musicman/Stingray Base Guitar

: For sale-800.00 In great condition!

is it sold yet?

gibson logo on the headstock without the "i" dot

hi all
i bought lately a ~ 1974 les paul custom.
i'm not shure now if this is a fake.... :-/ ....
on the headstock of the guitar there is no "i" dot.
on the two pickups there is the logo "gibson" (with the dot .-)) engraved.

Re: gibson logo on the headstock without the "i" dot

I don't have the answer, but I've seen the 'i' dot absent from another guitar recently. If anybody knows the story behind missing 'i' dot, please post followup. Thanks.

I own a 1990 L4CES, also without a dot on the 'i'. I've sent an email to gibson, but they haven't replied.

I have a les paul custom REAL 68 withouth a dot in the i .And I don´t know why.

i have a 69' les paul with no dot as well... and as of yet can not find out why. any help from any one would be great.

Juhnson Guitars

Anybody have and opinion of the Johnson Tele copy... the "Del Sol" model? Is it good for the money? Has anyone tried that "guitarshield" thing at bluesharmonica.net to protect the back of their guitar? TxGirl

any music store that has the mesa boogie dual rectifier and ships to puerto rico?

Im looking for a site that has the mesa boogie dual rectifier and ships to puerto rico if someone can help me with this i would really-really fuckin-appreciate it
THANKS.....you can contact me at gio93087@aol.com

Re: any music store that has the mesa boogie dual rectifier and ships to puerto rico?

I can help you.
What are you looking for?
www.vwallguitars.com

: Im looking for a site that has the mesa boogie dual rectifier and ships to puerto rico if someone can help me with this i would really-really fuckin-appreciate it
: THANKS.....you can contact me at gio93087@aol.com

Employment tips???

Hey, what's up,

I'm a 23-year-old male in British Columbia, Canada, and I'm looking hard for employment in the guitar field, ideally as a tech for touring artists, or a shop position with a manufacturer. The job search process is a tough procedure, and I was hoping someone out there could offer some advice, anything will help. What to say, who to talk to, where to look, anything. In particular I was wondering where to go for guitar tech work??? Who employs the instrument techs? Record labels, venues, promoters, where should I be going??? I'd appreciate any help at all. I should mention that I'm a capable builder & repairman, and I've completed a six-month course at the Summit School of Guitar Building & Repair in Qualicum Beach, BC. Thanks for any assistance.

Max Taylor

maxident213@hotmail.com

FS: Ibanez Jem 77 GMC green multi color

For sale, ibanez Jem GMC.
Excellent condition! All original with OHSC.
Visit http://www.vwallguitars.com/
and click on the Used gear page for pics.

Thanks

Re: FS: Ibanez Jem 77 GMC green multi color

I am interested in that guitar(IBZ JEM 77 gmc.I`d like to know the price.please send me an e-mail.thanks.

Re: FS: Ibanez Jem 77 GMC green multi color

GUITARS IS SOLD!!
Check us out for New Jackson USA guitars!!

: For sale, ibanez Jem GMC.
: Excellent condition! All original with OHSC.
: Visit http://www.vwallguitars.com/
: and click on the Used gear page for pics.

: Thanks

Boss pedals CH-1, OC-2 Chorus & Octave

Pedals are new with out box or manuals.
Please Visit http://www.vwallguitars.com/
Click on the used gear page..

Boss Factory Mother Board Pedal board

Only available to dealers!
I picked it up at a store closing auction.

Please Visit http://www.vwallguitars.com/
Click on the used gear page for pics..
Taking best offers

Guild amp logo plate

I'm desperately looking for a nameplate for an early 60s Guild amplifier. Anyone got one knocking around they'd like to sell? Email me!

Guild amp logo plate

I'm desperately looking for a nameplate for an early 60s Guild amplifier. Anyone got one knocking around they'd like to sell? Email me!

tremlo bar/reading tabs

what does it do? and how do u work it?
also if ur reading tabs and they r like this --3--4--
--1--2--
is that 2 different parts

Re: tremlo bar/reading tabs

whoops i meant it like there r the 6 lines and a 2 on top and a 3 on the bottom or whatever r those two parts?

It's a bitch to put tab on a site like this but I'll try...

So, if the tab says this...

E-3----------------------------------------
B-0----------------------------------------
G-0-----------------------------------------
D-0--------------------------------------
A-2------------------------------------------
E-3------------------------------------------

That means, strum all 6 strings at once while holding down the 3rd fret on the two outside E-strings, and second fret on the next-to-fattest string. You read tabs from left to write with respect to time...good tabs are written in such a manner that the "pulse" or quarter note is glaringly obvious. so, if a tab wanted you to play a single note line of 8th notes (I.E. 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &) it would look like this

E-7-5-4-----------|------1-5-------|
B-------6-5-------|----3-----5-----|
G-----------7-5-4-|1-4---------5---|
D-----------------|--------------7-|
A-----------------|----------------|
E-----------------|----------------|

dig it?

yea thx

A 1964?(173591) LS-6

Can someone put a value on the 39 year old. Good condition, considering. Even the case aint bad!

RC Rich Bich

I have a RC Rich Bich guitar with the number 87104 on the back. It also saus made in USA. It is white with full active electronics. I'd say it is very good condition, but not mint. Any idea as to value. Oh, it has a hard case with it,

My electric guitar

I just replaced a string on my electric guitar, at first i didn't know what i was doing so i took the bridge apart, i put everything back as it was before i to it apart,well after i tuned it i went to play and when i strum it sounds really weird, sounds like im paying with the whampy stick but im not, please help me out......... e-mail me at puzlesolver@aol.com

Starfire sf4-B1

Does anyone know anything about the Guild Starfire SF4-B1? What does the B-1 indicate? Ever seen one with a light maple neck?

Re: Starfire sf4-B1

: Does anyone know anything about the Guild Starfire SF4-B1? What does the B-1 indicate? Ever seen one with a light maple neck?

I am researching my own Starfire SF-4d. What is the year of production? I will let you know what I find out.

Re: Starfire sf4-B1

: Does anyone know anything about the Guild Starfire SF4-B1? What does the B-1 indicate? Ever seen one with a light maple neck?

The SF4-"Bl" as I know it means that the guitar has a "Blonde" finish. The character after the "B" is probably a "L" rather than a"1". What do you think?

martin guitar value?i

I have a 1934 martin guitar in rough condition 61293 a tenor guitar 5-17T 4 string is it worth anything or where can i find out the value any help appreciated

Re: martin guitar value?i

: I have a Martin guitar that was built and designed for a lady (it is smaller than the usual size) in the very early 1900's. It has abalone inlay and ivory and is in good condition. I wonder what the value might be..

bad tube

I just got a brand new mark iv plugged it in, followed the warm up instructions, turned it on and blew a fuse because of a bad tube. What causes this. I hope this is not going to be an on going ($1699.00) problem. Please help anyone!

need a wiring diagram for a rhoads pro jackson

need a wiring diagram for a rhoads pro jackson

This popular thread has been given its own page : need a wiring diagram for a rhoads pro jackson

strumming techniques

I just started learning the accoustic Guitar.The learning process has been smooth but I am having problems with strumming techniques.
I need help.

Re: strumming techniques

Okay, i don't really know what kind of music you're into or what, but I'll tell you what I've found in my obsession with acoustic guitar and its respective masters, i.e. Django Reinhardt. First of all, it's very important to NOT rest ANY part of the right hand whatsoever on the guitar, unless you're palm muting, which you probably aren't if you're strumming. Let your very relaxed right hand dangle over the strings, no TOUCHY!

It's important to realize that the left hand is a big part of strumming. For instance, a lot of funk/folk guitarists will do fast alternate strumming (up down up down etc.) at 16th note speed, and the only thing that gives each 16th note strum any difference is whether or not the left hand is holding a chord or blocking.

dig? Anyway...listen to goddamn django reinhardt and you'll hear what can be down with an acoustic guitar.

: I just started learning the accoustic Guitar.The learning process has been smooth but I am having problems with strumming techniques.
: I need help.

strumming techniques

Do you know what technique Bob Dylan uses for blowin in the wind?
Thanks

settingd for boss gt6

Hello everyone!!! I own a boss gt6 and I will be very happy if you can tell me some settings that i have to do in order to have great sounds in my petalboard. It's little hard for me to create some special sounds that i want and i ask if you can help me!

Re: settingd for boss gt6

Por favor enviarme informacion acerca de las pedaleras boss gt6 con precio nuevas y reconstruidas o usadas. Forma de Pago y cómo podría adquirirlas para recibirlas en Colombia-Sur América. Precios en Dólares por favor.

Thanks

Carlos Angel

manual in spanish of gt6 boss please

por favor me podrias enviar el manual de esta pedalera gt6 de boss pero en español no la tengo ni siquiera en ingles por favor

: Por favor enviarme informacion acerca de las pedaleras boss gt6 y otros modelos de boss con precio nuevas. Forma de Pago y cómo podría adquirirlas para recibirlas en Colombia-Sur América. Precios en Dólares por favor.

:
: Thanks

:
: Carlos Angel

I have found making sounds very easy by using the EZ tone button, all you do is choose the basic raw sound and then just add stuff, have a play and see what this genius machine can do!!!

Best Regards

: Hello everyone!!! I own a boss gt6 and I will be very happy if you can tell me some settings that i have to do in order to have great sounds in my petalboard. It's little hard for me to create some special sounds that i want and i ask if you can help me!
i need something to basically sound like enter sandman or anything that is metallica
i need help plz write back

Takamine EN12C12

Takamine EN12C12

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine EN12C12

ovation bass

i'm going to purchase an ovation four string bass model # b4568 unknown year ,appears to be early to mid ninetys, with case, strap & cord, in good condition, light scratches one or two very small chips, what is the current average value ? thanks

guitar plans

i need the basic plans for a solid body or semi hollow body electric guitar,for the whole guitar including neck.
please help

Re: guitar plans

: i need the basic plans for a solid body or semi hollow body electric guitar,for the whole guitar including neck.
: please help

oh yeah, it needs to be a neck through body not bolt-on.
thanx, B.T.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.