Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: guitar plans

: i need the basic plans for a solid body or semi hollow body electric guitar,for the whole guitar including neck.
: please help

i need some plans for a acustic guita? if u know then please help i need plans for the neck too?

I need the plans for a 1935 Hauser.

: i need the basic plans for a solid body body electric guitar. prs, gibson, or ibanez

http://www.boardsprep.com/mp3/plans/rs_p.gif
Here are a plan of Brian May's guitar

: i need the basic plans for a semi hollow body Gretsch anniversary g6118 electric guitar,for the whole guitar including neck.

Anyone got any good Digitech RP14D Patches

Anyone got any good Digitech RP14D Patches

This popular thread has been given its own page : Anyone got any good Digitech RP14D Patches

les paul trouble

Help is neede urgently, When i flick between rhythm and treble on my les paul it cuts out help me!

Re: les paul trouble

You probably need a new switch.

Bass POD

I'm looking for Bass equipment in general. I just started playing with our band at church and need more power. I'm currently using a Peavey DeltaBass 150W RMS x2 driving 2 1600w Rms 15 in a home made ported cabnet. I was told a pod would help. Any one got anything. Buy sell trade ext

yamaha sg1000

i have found a yamaha sg1000 all black w/cream binding body and neck- split triangle inlays- gold hardware w/engraved tailpiece- yamaha japan tuners- exposed coil humbuckers w/gold screw polepieces- set neck- original hsc w/green plush lining- guitar is maybe early 80's- 8+ condition- what might this be worth?

Re: yamaha sg1000

: i have found a yamaha sg1000 all black w/cream binding body and neck- split triangle inlays- gold hardware w/engraved tailpiece- yamaha japan tuners- exposed coil humbuckers w/gold screw polepieces- set neck- original hsc w/green plush lining- guitar is maybe early 80's- 8+ condition- what might this be worth?

_I'll give you $300 for it right now

-groucho

: Since this axe is a jap ripoff. It'll never be a collectable (unless the whole country sinks into the sea tomorrow). But as a playable it blows a les paul away. Keep it and in enjoy it for what it is...a very fine guitar.
Rebel

id say £300-£400

don't listen to these guys... it's no rip off... an sg1000 is a yamaha original designed based on the les paul solidbody. But it's not a copy.. looks totally different with the exception of the two humbuckers... honestly, this thing blows any les paul out of the water! heavier tho! keep it.. you won't find many.. they are quite rare so i'd say you could get a 1000 bucks for it if you can find someone who knows what it is... not some foolish patriot! :O)

1969 ? Fender Stratocaster

I need to know if the stratocaster I have is a 1969 model.I don't know how to find that out,it was left to me in a will and all I know is it was bought in 1969.

Re: 1969 ? Fender Stratocaster

If your guitar is a 1969 model then the head stock will be larger than the original strats and will have a bolder logo on its headstock as well. It will also say "with sychronized tremolo" on the headstock.

: I need to know if the stratocaster I have is a 1969 model.I don't know how to find that out,it was left to me in a will and all I know is it was bought in 1969.

: : I need to know if the stratocaster I have is a 1969 model.I don't know how to find that out,it was left to me in a will and all I know is it was bought in 1969.

Re: 1949 Fender Stratocaster

I have a 1949 fender strat, and i was wondering how much i could get for it

Hagstrom UK - A site with Hagstrom pics and info - no hassle!

Just to say we have Hagström Guitar examples from 1958 thru 1980, a friendly collector player site.

Programmable rhythm acompaniment

I got a GODIN midi guitar(nylon strings)and GR-## Rolland synthesizer and was told that a for about $150 US a rhythm addition could be added to correct for timing and that all rhythms could be programmed into it
Thanks

Re: Programmable rhythm acompaniment

: I got a GODIN midi guitar(nylon strings)and GR-33 Rolland synthesizer and was told that a for about $150 US a rhythm addition could be added to correct for timing and that all rhythms could be programmed into it
: Thanks

Cello bow guitar

Hey, I'm very interested in playing guitar with a cello or violin bow, but I'm not sure how to do that and what sort of equipment you need. if anyone knows please mail me because I would really like to learn this.

Re: Cello bow guitar

Can't really tell you much, as I'm just getting into it myself. One absolute must that I am aware of, though, is your need to use ROZIN on the threads of the bow. If you don't, the bow will not grip the guitar strings, unless you buy and extreamely expensive bow, with is absolutely stupid if you're just staring out. Also, the threads of your bow WILL break, simply due to the fact that bows are not designed for guitar strings. Whe a bow thread breaks, DON'T PULL IT OUT, cut it with scissors. All the threads are conected, and you will wreck your bow by pulling it out. You may also have to adjust the shape of your guitar's (which must be an electric by the way) action to a more rounder shape, so you can hit individual strings with the bow.
In terms of technique, your best bet is to find a competant teacher. One who is a diehard Jimmy Page fan ill probably at least know the bow solo from Dazed and Confused. Also, a really skilled teacher who's into the band Sigur Ros would definately know some sweet bow techniques.
hope that helps

what is this guitar worth

I have a gibson es 345 TD, with serial #127010. I've been told it is a '71, but I'm not sure. Plays perfectly, some small wood abrasions on the body. It's black (maybe refinished?), and has the tremolo bar. Anybody give me any info on this guitar?

martin d 28,

what should a d28 martin, built around 1970, bought new in 1972 with martin hardcase be worth? one owner and in great shape.

Re: martin d 28,

: what should a d28 martin, built around 1970, bought new in 1972 with martin hardcase be worth? one owner and in great shape.

My D-28 was purchased in 1970 and was built in 1969. I recently had the pick guard replaced by a Martin service center and, while there, asked for an informal appraisal. I was told that my guitar is worth between $5,000 and $6500. You need to be more specific as to when it was built - the serial number is listed on the Martin website and will tell you the year. 1969-1970 was the last of the Brazilian rosewood; after that, they switched over to lesser quality material. If your guitar is not Brazilian rosewood, it would command a much lower price.

Seymour Duncan Dimebag Pickup.

If anyone out there wants to consider trading, I have a Duncan Dime pickup that doesn't really work for me. I would rather just trade it for an Invader, X2N, or other raunchy high output pickup. If interested post a reply and we'll work it out from there...I don't want to give out my e-mail on this website unless someone is interested.

Re: Seymour Duncan Dimebag Pickup.

How bout trading for a Gibson 500T?

strings

Hi,

After many years playing with spanish guitar and a Takamine, I need strings for an electric guitar.
I see now there are many brands and I'd like some help in order to choose a type and/or brand.

I'd like strings that sound "clean" and "balanced" (played clean, with no effects).
Most strings are classified by music style (Rock, Heavy, Jazz) and I feel I don't feet well in any classification.... so I just can say clean, open sound...

Can someone recommend a brand and type please? (privately if you preffer)
Many thanks in advance.

The guitar: Tele shape ash body, Duncan PearlyGates neck, Duncan JDonahue bridge, Earvana nut, locking tuners, gotoh Tele bridge.

Fernando

guitartricks

Hi, if anyone is interested in country style or Eagles & Lynyrd Skynyrd riffs go to www.guitartricks.com and click on my name, terry couch, and i have soundfiles and tab to over 200 tricks and riffs, i do personal videos also if that interest you, i am a host on there, there are other host also with different types of music.

barre chords

Ive been having trouble with fast changes from ordinary to barre chords ive been learning for 1year but my hands are so stiff (Im 40) still can't master them?
Susie

Re: barre chords

: Ive been having trouble with fast changes from ordinary to barre chords ive been learning for 1year but my hands are so stiff (Im 40) still can't master them?
: Susie
simple as it sounds Susie,this works for me and I'm in my 50's.Run hot water and exercise your hands in it just like you were washing them.Stretch,massage etc. for about four or five minutes before you start to practice.After all a distance runner wouldn't just take off without limbering up the muscles about to be used.And yes you can still learn it,even as young as you are.

md sitar

does anyone have any info on a md sitar guitar i just bought

Re: md sitar

no, i just bought one as well though, there's nothing out there on the web about it.....

how are you getting on with yours?managed to tune the resonating strings yet?

It looks similar to the old coral sitar, perhaps it is tuned the same way. You will find information regarding the Coral at the website below.
I hope this helps.
http://www.jerryjonesguitars.com/faqs.htm

We were sent an MD Guitar at SpectralMusic.com to review. It has 12 resonance strings tuned to the Equal Tempered 12-note scale so they are set into vibration by notes played at the frets. (With regard to tuning, you should have been provided with a device similar to a piano-tuning spanner. Since these strings are tuned to the 12-note octave as they occur on any electric keyboard, it should be simple to tune E-F-F#-G-G#-A-A#-B-C-C#-D-D#-E.) The instrument also has a 'saddle' with slots for each string so that the strings vibrate against them producing a Sitar-like sound, which, without the Sitars range of timbres and nuance, becomes a little tiresome. It's a shame it wasn't designed with a little more scope -perhaps made so the saddle can be removed and a scalloped fretboard would have been preferable. Good Luck

40th anniversary strat

What is the value of a 40th anniversary strat in new condition?
any info on this guitar

pickup wiring question

i have a squire bullet, it has 3 single coil pickups, i want to swap the bridge single coil , with a duncan custom humbucker, i know i could cut and fabricate the pickgaurd to accept it but will the wiring work correctly or will i need to un hook another single coil ?????

Re: pickup wiring question

The wiring will work fine. Follow the instructions on the pickup and you'll be all right. If it sounds thin and has little or no bass then you'll need to reverse your ground and and lead wires from the pickup to put it in phase with the single coils.

Fingerings for a 5th position -7 chord in a II-V-I

I really need the fingerings for a 5th position -7 chord in a II-V-I. If you know what im talking about please e-mail me at my address. thanks

The Book work for rock music

I am looking to finding translations of music into cords and can play almost anything I can remember. although my hands have a higher tendency to getting out of control. I need to learn more to handle my hands. Any Joe Satriani steve Vai Van Halen books out their.

Thhe book work part II

One more thing. Js 1000 is the top! Is that too much for someone who has hot hands and needs to learn cords.
I started out lefty but I prefer right as to they make em that way. I need to adapt and not grow out. hmm a double strapped with a twin would be a twist....

And your point is ?????

??????????????????

: One more thing. Js 1000 is the top! Is that too much for someone who has hot hands and needs to learn cords.
: I started out lefty but I prefer right as to they make em that way. I need to adapt and not grow out. hmm a double strapped with a twin would be a twist....

Can this be true ?

I was surfing around and saw this guitar... If it is not a trick, this baby will rock !

Check it out :

http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1395693

No, it is a joke

duhhhhhhhhh

: I was surfing around and saw this guitar... If it is not a trick, this baby will rock !

: Check it out :

: http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1395693

Sigma DM12-5 Value

I have a Sigma DM12-5 by Martin & Co. 12 string. It is in very good shape. Does anyone know the approximate value?

Re: Sigma DM12-5 Value

I am looking for the value of a 12 string Sigma guitar, DM12-5 bought it canada about 20 years ago..its in good condition and am interested in sellling...someone please let me know what they may know... thanks.

Chardon? Has anyone heard of this maker?

Chardon?  Has anyone heard of this maker?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Chardon? Has anyone heard of this maker?

antonio hernandis 1969 classical guitar no.2

antonio hernandis 1969 classical guitar no.2

This popular thread has been given its own page : antonio hernandis 1969 classical guitar no.2

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.