Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Carlsbro Amp Wiring Diagram

HELP ASAP!!!! I need a wiring diagram ASAP for a Carlsbro CPX 300 Amplifier. Any help would be great! e-mail me at njws17@hotmail.com.

Enter "CARLSBRO AMP DIAGRAM" in the subject field.

Regards,

Nick.

Yamaha guitar Amp G100-212 Wiring Diagram

: HELP ASAP!!!! I need a wiring diagram ASAP for a Yamaha G100-212 guitar Amplifier. Any help would be great! e-mail me at mark7304@hotmail.com.

: Regards,

: Nick.

Re: Yamaha guitar Amp G100-212 Wiring Diagram

: : HELP ASAP!!!! I need a wiring diagram ASAP for a Yamaha G100-212 guitar Amplifier. Can anyone send me one in PDF format??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clive

cpx 300 amp

hi ,,just been offered a carlsbro cpx 300 amp in ex condition for 50 pounds ,,,,,can you tell me if they are good amps and if it is worth the 50 pounds thanks for you,re help richard

Mystery Gibson

I purchased a Gibson Accoustic/Electric about twenty years ago and I've recently been trying to identify it. According to it's serial number it was made in 1966 and it looks a bit like an ES125 but not quite.

If anyone thinks they'd be able to give me a clue as to what this guitar is, please go to the link below and check it out:

http://www.jimtravers.com/gibson

Thanks!
-Jim T.

Re: Mystery Gibson - NEVERMIND!

It turns out it's a 1966 Gibson ES120T. Not that much of a mystery after all...

Thanks to the folks at guitarsite.com

-Jim T.

: I purchased a Gibson Accoustic/Electric about twenty years ago and I've recently been trying to identify it. According to it's serial number it was made in 1966 and it looks a bit like an ES125 but not quite.

: If anyone thinks they'd be able to give me a clue as to what this guitar is, please go to the link below and check it out:

: http://www.jimtravers.com/gibson

: Thanks!
: -Jim T.

Re: Mystery Gibson - NEVERMIND!

I meant to thank the folks at guitarnotes.com they identified it for me...

: It turns out it's a 1966 Gibson ES120T. Not that much of a mystery after all...

: Thanks to the folks at guitarsite.com

: -Jim T.

:
: : I purchased a Gibson Accoustic/Electric about twenty years ago and I've recently been trying to identify it. According to it's serial number it was made in 1966 and it looks a bit like an ES125 but not quite.

: : If anyone thinks they'd be able to give me a clue as to what this guitar is, please go to the link below and check it out:

: : http://www.jimtravers.com/gibson

: : Thanks!
: : -Jim T.

Help ID My Old Hohner

Can anyone ID my OLD hohner?
Bought used in 1978. White Les Paul copy with gold hardware. Black pick gaurd. Square (or rectangle) pearl inlays on fret board. Black dots marking frets on top of neck. Four small pearl diamonds making up one bigger diamond on Head. Also has fancy "hohner" in pearl inlay at top of head. Could not find it in Blue book. Am also interested in selling but do not knoe the value. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help ID My Old Hohner

: Can anyone ID my Old hohner?
: Bought used in 1978. White Les Paul copy with gold hardware. Black pick gaurd. Square (or rectangle) pearl inlays on fret board. Black dots marking frets on top of neck. Four small pearl diamonds making up one bigger diamond on Head. Also has fancy "hohner" in pearl inlay at top of head. Could not find it in Blue book. Am also interested in selling but do not know the value. Any help greatly appreciated. Almost forgot - It has a serial number 85823....Thanks.

Guild JF-55 12string serial#AJ 520640

Hello everyone,
Can somedody help me out finding out through the serial #AJ520640 determine what year this Guild J-55 12 string is?? If it is a Rhode Island Built etc...I bought it on E-bay and the owner did not know.
Thanks
peace
Rod

Re: Guild JF-55 12string serial#AJ 520640

Guild serial number dating can be found here:

http://www.6strings.com/fender/guild_dating.html

Classical Guitar Question

Heard a beautiful "Preludio en do menor" (Agustin Barrios)played by John Williams (CD), but can't find the sheet music. Is there a way the notation can be reproduced from CD? Guitar teacher at local music store wants too much $ to write the music. Thanks

Re: Classical Guitar Question

Dear Mr. Ruelas,

You have probably already had time to find the score for this very lovely composition, but in case you haven't or are looking for more transcriptions of Barrio's work, I was just out searching for the same piece myself, and stumbled upon this Russian site (God bless the Russians), which may be of interest to you.

http://maxixa.narod.ru/barrios.htm

Let's hope they are the young fellow's own compilations...but one never knows these days. :)

Best wishes, happy strumming.
PS..you may need the program ACDSee 4.0 to view these scores, but I'm not sure...that's just what happened to work for me.

~Winnie

: Heard a beautiful "Preludio en do menor" (Agustin Barrios)played by John Williams (CD), but can't find the sheet music. Is there a way the notation can be reproduced from CD? Guitar teacher at local music store wants too much $ to write the music. Thanks

Preludio en Do menor

Well I couldn't get the russian site to work, but the following link has a bunch of Barrios
incl. Preludio en Dm):

http://www.partiture.org/content.pl?barrios

I also have the JW recording (might be more than one), and I played the version found on partiture.org. It is very much correct. Enjoy!

Value of 1942 Gibson gold top guitar

Where would I find the approx. value of a 1942 gold top Gibson guitar???

Re: Value of 1942 Gibson gold top guitar

I would recheck the date... or post the complete p/s/#'s

: Where would I find the approx. value of a 1942 gold top Gibson guitar???

Re: Value of 1942 Gibson gold top guitar

: Where would I find the approx. value of a 1942 gold top Gibson guitar???

should not have been a 1942 goldtop
maybe '52
i dont think gibson had a gold top model (les paul)
until mid 50's

Fender '64

[url]http://65.61.153.217/page.php?x=1395693[/url]

help with guitar pickup wiring

i have a strat with just one pickup, a SD Hot rail, now i have a 5 way switch on the guitar, how can i wire to split coils via the 5 way switch, if its even possible.

thanks in advance

adam

Re: help with humbucker pickup wiring

I intend to wire my handmade two-humbucker guitar as follows:
1. as a normal on/on/on Gibson
2. additionally I would like to make it work
-series / in-phase
-parallel / in-phase
using a mini-switch, perhaps.
Now how can this be done, wiringwise?

Thanks in advance,
Yours
Matti

Re: help with guitar pickup wiring

:take it to a fucking guitar shop and get someone who has a clue to do it for u.ya fuckin fanjita

information on my Guitar

I have what was called a Black Beauty, a model x210 Electra Omega| serial # 13907 in showroom mint condtion. Everyone that I have ever let play this thing has wanted to buy it from me.
Our shop here says it should sell for about $200.00 but this guitar does not sound or play like a two hundred dollar guitar. I got the guitar many years ago from a man that used it to record gospel albums,he had numerous Les Pauls but always said ther was something special about this guitar, he got the guitar from a student from the U.of Origon who later became quite famous. Is this just anouther two hundred dollar guitar that looks and sounds great ? or could there be something my local shop has over looked

Re: information on my Guitar: i have the 1976 electra omega with the open headstock... i bought

: I have what was called a Black Beauty, a model x210 Electra Omega| serial # 13907 in showroom mint condtion. Everyone that I have ever let play this thing has wanted to buy it from me.
: Our shop here says it should sell for about $200.00 but this guitar does not sound or play like a two hundred dollar guitar. I got the guitar many years ago from a man that used it to record gospel albums,he had numerous Les Pauls but always said ther was something special about this guitar, he got the guitar from a student from the U.of Origon who later became quite famous. Is this just anouther two hundred dollar guitar that looks and sounds great ? or could there be something my local shop has over looked

Sunn mustang

help!!! i need a diagram for the wiring on a sunn mustang, any ideas anyone ive been searching the net for like2 hours and nothing! please help

Re: Sunn mustang

: help!!! i need a diagram for the wiring on a sunn mustang, any ideas anyone ive been searching the net for like2 hours and nothing! please help

well i own a sunn mustang but i wired it like a fender strat. so that's one thing you could do, the 2nd thing you could do is sell it to me. haha later

CHRISTMETAL forum

christmetal.com click forum!!!
zao/living sacrifice/demon hunter etc.(anybody accually) fans all welcome!!!

Need chords for Alison Krauss song

Does anyone know the chords to Alison Krauss "Maybe?"

Re: Need chords for Alison Krauss song

: Does anyone know the guitar chords to Alison Krauss "Baby, Now That I've Found You?"
If so, PLEASE email me!!!!

Re: Need chords for Alison Krauss song

: Does anyone know the chords to Alison Krauss "Maybe?"

she seems to be using these chords of course they can be transposed to an easier key. The voicings matter quite a bit particularly in the chorus. Let me know if you can follow this.

all the best, peter

E flat minor
Yesterday the odds were stacked
C # maj B maj (to a Bmaj7 to a Bmaj6)
In favor of my expec-tations

B min E flat minor
Flyin' above the rest
B min C # maj
Never fallin' from the nest

repeat
Tuesday came and went and now
I'm in a little situation
Maybe it's for the best
I can live alone, I guess

C # maj F#maj F#maj7 F#7 F#min7
Maybe I can stand a lo ne
F#min7 E maj/E maj7/E7/Emaj7
Maybe I'm strong as stone

repeat
Even though the bird has flown
Maybe he'll fly on home

Daion guitar

I purchased a Daion guitar, power mark I, serial number 811151, I was wondering if anyone can email me and tell me the worth of this guitar. It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Daion guitar

i just bought one for 400 with a case hard it is a power 1 awsome solid action low low bad ass for the $ prob 1500 to 3000 for the same feel and guitar in a name brand co. started in texas with guitars made in japan.

Re: Daion guitar

I have a Daion Caribou TNE#81 82941D. Came with hard case. Have no idea what it is worth. Please E-mail me if anyone knows anything about this model guitar. It is acoustic with pick-up.
Thanks!

WTB: Ventura Flying V

Looking to buy a cherry red, set neck, Ventura Flying V from the 1975-78 era.

Help with changing strings

I just got a new electric.. Godin sdxt, and I just broke a string, and need to change the strings. It's set up like a Fender strat.. it's strung from the back.. or so people tell me.. but I need help on what exactly to do. PLEASE help. Thanks.

Kelly.

Need Michael Jacksons "Give in to me" Solo tab

Need Michael Jacksons "Give in to me" Solo tab

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need Michael Jacksons "Give in to me" Solo tab

Takamine copy of Gibson F-365 MS

Takamine copy of Gibson F-365 MS

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine copy of Gibson F-365 MS

Help with hammer on

Can anyone tell me how to do a hammer on/off?

Re: Help with hammer on

: Can anyone tell me how to do a hammer on/off?

Hammer on as it implies is to bring the finger of the fretting hand down hard at the fret where the next note is sounded. The opposite is a pulloff. Try adding the picking hand on the neck later on. Hammering with both hands that is. Luck! Takes practice. Hug your guitar daily.

: : Can anyone tell me how to do a hammer on/off?

: Hammer on as it implies is to bring the finger of the fretting hand down hard at the fret where the next note is sounded. The opposite is a pulloff. Try adding the picking hand on the neck later on. Hammering with both hands that is. Luck! Takes practice. Hug your guitar daily.

: : : Can anyone tell me how to do a hammer on/off?

: : Hammer on as it implies is to bring the finger of the fretting hand down hard at the fret where the next note is sounded. The opposite is a pulloff. Try adding the picking hand on the neck later on. Hammering with both hands that is. Luck! Takes practice. Hug your guitar daily.

: : : : hmm, for me, the hammer on note DOES register, but its quite a bit softer...is this supposed to happen? is it possible to hammer on and have the desired note be just as loud (or just a little softer) as the original note?

: Can anyone tell me how to do a hammer on/off?
you may try laying your first finger across the board as if you were making a barre chord.Then hammer with your second finger 1 fret in front of your barre.Hammer with your ring finger 2 frets in front of your barre and with your pinky 3 frets up.Alternate your patterns.234,432,342,324,243,423 etc. happy hunting

dsl 401 with marshall 1922

Hello i have a marshall jmc2000 dsl 401 whith a external speaker 1922 wich position must a set de impedance switch 8 or 16 ohms ?

Re: dsl 401 with marshall 1922

The speakers should have the rating on them, if not ohm them out.

: Hello i have a marshall jmc2000 dsl 401 whith a external speaker 1922 wich position must a set de impedance switch 8 or 16 ohms ?

Lessons

Hello I am interested in taking lessons, i am just curious as to how much they normally run and If I would need to actually have to own a guitar.

Thanks,
Ally

Re: Lessons

Generally about $50/hr, depending where you live, some places rent guitars, there would really be no point in taking lessons if you don't have a guitar to practice on.

: Hello I am interested in taking lessons, i am just curious as to how much they normally run and If I would need to actually have to own a guitar.

: Thanks,
: Ally

Charvette by Charvel (Floyd Rose)

Charvette by Charvel (Floyd Rose)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Charvette by Charvel (Floyd Rose)

Ross 4x4 analog recorder

Does anyone know where I can get a Power Supply for the Ross Model R-4x4 recorder????

Re: Ross 4x4 analog recorder

I don't remember what they took, try asking on some recording boards and if you still can't get an answer take it apart and figure it out (or have someone else), or get a schematic (try schematicconnection.com as a last resort cuz they charge).

: Does anyone know where I can get a Power Supply for the Ross Model R-4x4 recorder????

I have a Ross 4X4 that has a good power supply, but the tapes won't turn. (I guess it may be a belt or something) I've looked on eBay for parts and stuff, but I have yet to see any. I did see a Yamaha 4 track recorder for around 120.00. (I'm not sure what the reserver was)

: I don't remember what they took, try asking on some recording boards and if you still can't get an answer take it apart and figure it out (or have someone else), or get a schematic (try schematicconnection.com as a last resort cuz they charge).

:
: : Does anyone know where I can get a Power Supply for the Ross Model R-4x4 recorder????

The power supply is a 13.8 volt 1 amp supply.
The positive connection is either of the two pins closest to the PUNCH IN/OUT connector and,
the negative or minus is either of the other two pins of the power connector.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.