Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ross 4x4 analog recorder

I have a power supply and recorder. I can e-mail you a scan of the top of the power supply showing the pin polarity for the DC 13.8 V 1A output.

guild guitar J4F-NT

I have been looking at a guild J4f-nt does any one know what the designation stands for and or its proximate value its in good shape with no case ..its a jumbo and I BELIEVE THE NECK IS ABOUT 1 3/4 AT THE NUT.....THANKS MIKEY

Re: guild guitar J4F-NT

Hey Mikey, I own one, bought it used, had to be repaired, because neck-angle wasn´t right...It´s a jumbo with natural satin finish (nt), Guild sold this line of instruments (4) as less expensive but "american-made quality"-guitars, must have been worth new about 700 $. Has laminated mahogany back but solid top and probably sides, Sound is nice, bit too boomy for me, so I use thinner strings .
Pete

: I have been looking at a guild J4f-nt does any one know what the designation stands for and or its proximate value its in good shape with no case ..its a jumbo and I BELIEVE THE NECK IS ABOUT 1 3/4 AT THE NUT.....THANKS MIKEY

good combination between ephifone "dot" and fender amp

I wonder if someone is playin' "dot" on the fender amp. I'm intrested in the best combination... thx!

Re: good combination between ephifone "dot" and fender amp

What kinda sound you after ? I've used mine on many fenders, but it depends on the sound you want.

: I wonder if someone is playin' "dot" on the fender amp. I'm intrested in the best combination... thx!

guild J4F-NT

looking at a guild J4F-Nt used in very good condition no case ....does anyone know the story on this model ....age ? value ? woods ?clarity ?desirability ?.....thanks M

ChoBo FX

I have read that this efects box has a remote controler that can be placed on your right hand fingers and manouver the efects in that way..
see for yourself...

http://65.61.153.217/page.phpx=1395693

JCM 800 combo feedback.

I have a JCM 800 4104 2X12 50 watt combo amp. I keep the preamp volume at "10" and when I turn the master volume to about "6" or "7" the amp has a very low deep loud fedback. I have replaced the tubes and tried that and it did nothing but what I did notice is when I remove the back of the combo it sometimes doesnt do it or it does it to a much smaller degree. I was just wondering if anyone can help me with this. If so PLEASE email me at mfkd999@mail.com thanks

Does it matter what footswitch i use for the marshall amp?

I owna MG30DFX (30 watts from marshall) and it didnt come with a Footswitch. Can i just buy a footswitch thats a marshall and would it work on my Mg 30 dfx? does it have to be a certain kind of footswitch?

Re: Does it matter what footswitch i use for the marshall amp?

it doesn't have to be a marshalll, or any certain kind. Although for a MG30DFX, you should probably buy a 2 button switch. One button to control channel switching, and one button for the digital effects. I bought a Traynor for mine. It's simple, and it takes alot of damage.

ibanez serial #

Looking to buy an Ibanez sa160. Guy says the serial # is w110879.
This doesn't jive with anything I've read on the way they number the Ibanez instruments.
Any Idea???

Re: ibanez serial #S03011397

: Looking to buy an Ibanez. Guy says the serial # is S03011397
: This doesn't jive with anything I've read on the way they number the Ibanez instruments.
: Any Idea???

Marshall Jag Bluesbreaker combo

Has anyone brought one of these amps yet...?

Re: Marshall Jag Bluesbreaker combo

: Has anyone brought one of these amps yet...?

I have been offered one from Marshall, wanna make me an offer for it?

: : Has anyone brought one of these amps yet...?

:
: I have been offered one from Marshall, wanna make me an offer for it?
NO thanks ,its ok ive just won one in a competition,and i won a gibson les paul in another competition before that.

Yes I have one in mint condition serial #3. It's for sale. Beautiful amp sounds like the old marshalls. Very rare, only 40 built.

Against RIAA

These people need to learn the public doesn't buy into their "losing money and/or loss of creative control" line.

Re: Against RIAA

Allowing people to download mp3's gives us all a chance to sample music, much like the radio. I have attended more live events and purchased more cd's since mp3's became available to us all on the internet.

Female Acoustic Guitarist/Drummer-Percussionist Wanted 4 Paid Work

To accompany Australian female singer songwriter and female cellist for some or all of European Tour between July – November 2003
including England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany The Netherlands and more.

You must:

be young and fun as well as down to earth with a love for music and travel
be a passionate/versatile advanced player who can play folk, pop, rock, jazz roots, blues, latin.
be able to play by ear and read chord charts which will be supplied with recordings
supply bio/photo/recordings and be prepared to learn up 25 songs for the tour
want to make unique and creative contribution while enjoying yourself at same time
What you'll receive:

Opportunity to play fun and unique music with a fab bunch of girls
All expenses paid trip to interesting and exotic places
A great job that is enjoyable and that you get paid for
Opportunity to network with musicians/people all over the world
For more information and to listen to some soundfiles check out www.emalinedelapaix.com
or contact Emaline via 02076840290 or email emaline@emalinedelapaix.com

1962 HOFNER MODEL 164 COLORAMA SOLID BODY

HELLO, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE VALUE OF THIS GUITAR FOR MY BROTHER WHO OWNED IT FROM THE 1960'S

clean sound

I've ibanize bass how to make clear sonud?

Re: clean sound

what kind of amp ?

: I've ibanize bass how to make clear sonud?

: what kind of amp ?

: : I've ibanize bass how to make clear sonud?strenger amp(indian)

Sorry I've never seen/played one of those amps, try just starting with all amp settings at 0 (except a little main vol) and then slowly adjust the other parameters and try to get a good clean sound.... does the bass have active pickups ? if it does there might not be too much you can do but change them.

: : what kind of amp ?

: : : I've ibanize bass how to make clear sonud?strenger amp(indian)

Looking for Lead Country Picker Ohio Area

I manage a dynamic professional Country group based out of Central Ohio, but travel all over. We are auditioning for a lead picker. There is both male and female artists, performing mostly traditional style. If you are interested or know of someone in the area, please send an email to Tbooth3313@aol.com for more info. Thanks

GUITAR BLUE BOOK

WHERE CAN I FIND A BOOK OR BOOKS THAT LISTS MODELS,MANUFACTURERS,&VALUES OF GUITARS

Re: GUITAR BLUE BOOK

bluebookinc.com

Most the large book stores (Barnes & nobel, etc) stock em, they run about $20, if you don't want to spend the money try some good guitar boards (like TDPRI.COM) where people that have them will tell you the prices.

: WHERE CAN I FIND A BOOK OR BOOKS THAT LISTS MODELS,MANUFACTURERS,&VALUES OF GUITARS

Re: GUITAR BLUE BOOK

My father has given me a 54 Les Paul. I would like to know what to insure it for. Please help.

Peavy impact 2

Talk about suprized! The impact 2 is sweet playing guitar
It has a splitable humbuker and 2 single coil pickups that give a wide range of tones. almost a strat, almost a les pual. And it is maid by peavy! who would have thought it?

Re: Peavy impact 2

The main words in your post are ALMOST... almost ain't good enough for me... glad ya like em though

: Talk about suprized! The impact 2 is sweet playing guitar
: It has a splitable humbuker and 2 single coil pickups that give a wide range of tones. almost a strat, almost a les pual. And it is maid by peavy! who would have thought it?

Skunk baxter

Just picked up a Gibson Epiphone Skunk Baxter accustic cutaway for $300.00. What is the value of this guitar in like new shape, and what year's where they pruduced?

les paul serial numbers

i am a 17 year old boy who just bought a 1994 les paul classic with the goldtop finish but this les paul comes with a wammy bar! no one can tell me if it is original soooooo where can i look up serial numbers to comfirm this?

Re: les paul serial numbers

Just go to Gibson's website... if the 'whammy' is a bigbsy, they are not uncommon on a classic, ordered from the factory or added after.

: i am a 17 year old boy who just bought a 1994 les paul classic with the goldtop finish but this les paul comes with a wammy bar! no one can tell me if it is original soooooo where can i look up serial numbers to comfirm this?

: Just go to hell... if the 'whammy' is a bigbsy, they are not uncommon on a classic, ordered from the factory or added after.

:
: : i am a 17 year old boy wanna-be who just bought a 1994 les paul classic with the goldtop finish but this les paul comes with a wammy bar! no one can tell me if it is original soooooo where can i look up serial numbers to comfirm this?I looked in my ass but only found gerbil bones.

Is there a possible way to install a wammy bar on a Epiphone Les Paul Standard???

: Just go to Gibson's website... if the 'whammy' is a bigbsy, they are not uncommon on a classic, ordered from the factory or added after.

:
: : i am a 17 year old boy who just bought a 1994 les paul classic with the goldtop finish but this les paul comes with a wammy bar! no one can tell me if it is original soooooo where can i look up serial numbers to comfirm this?

I am a old mother fu**er and I have a great guitar the serial number is 80559578, its a killer machine with mahogany neck ! Is there a history, e-mail me.
I LOVE MY LES PAUL !!!!

http://www.sotn.fi

"I" or roman "one",I'm not sure then 98080872

It's a epiphone les paul with a "limited edition" stamp on head stock (on the back side), trans green...
Can you tell me how old is it and where it is manufactured?

what kind is the best to get

I need to know what is a good kinda of acoustic gutair for a beginner??? I want one that is cheap less than $150. I am thinking of looking at pawn shops cuz ther is not really any good gutair places round here. What are things to look for in a used gutair?? and what isnt good???

MXR - Digital echo unit

I am looking after a echomachine made until 1978 . Rackmount MXR digital echo/reverb

martin guitar`

how do you tell when a martin guitar was made? the serial number is 396247. it is a D-28. thank you for your help

Re: martin guitar serial number

re: how do you tell when a martin guitar was made? the serial number is 396247. it is a D-28. thank you for your help

Your guitar was made in 1977. There are various web sites that have Martin serial #'s by year. You can go to the CF Martin website, for example: http://www.martinguitar.com/history/dating.html.

price quote

I found this nice Mann guitar in a pawn shop. It sounds pretty and looks like a les paul. The guy that sold it to me said it was made in Japan and it is about 20 years old. I have never heard of this company or model and I was wondering what it is worth. Thanks.-M

If you're tired of these stupid pop-ups there's hope....

Earthlink has a new version out that has pop-up blocker and it works great on this site. I haven't been annoyed by a single pop-up since downloading.

Value of Les paul

What is the value of a Gibson Les paul Gold top 1976
nice player but well used ?

Re: Value of Les paul

1 oyster 2 clams 1 mussle

: What is the value of a Gibson Les paul Gold top 1976
: nice player but well used ?

Re: Value of Les paul base amps model 800-2b

Yes i would like to see if you can help me find the value of a gibson les paul base amp model 800-2b searul # 1311
and
gibson les paul power head model lp1 seral # 1816
thaks
elizabeth

New Guitar Player

I'm just starting out to play the guitar. I heard that for someone new, a certain type of strings were better. If this is true, what should I get? How do I know if a guitar is right for me?

strings

You should probably start off with a smaller gauge of strings and then if you want to you can gradually get bigger strings to get a fatter sound.

Re: strings

www.just strings.com..........you can find tips of good quality strings der...choW!

Re: strings

www.just strings.com..........you can find tips of good quality strings der...choW!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.