Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: New Guitar Player

: fender n gibson are the best strings for me try it!

Questions about my Guild Mark1

Guitar was given to me over 25yrs ago by an adult freind whose dad gave it to him as a boy.Can anybody tell me how old it is? A brown classical style guild....serial# 28148..made in Hoboken,New Jersey.Aprox.value?? is it rare? I've been playing 35 yrs and haven't come across another one like it so I'm getting curious about the giutar.Sounds great,tunes and plays great.I've only used it for practice and session work so it's in good shape.

i have the last guild x-100 bladerunner made

i want to sell this guitar because i am moving and my wife wants me to get rid of it. I was curious what it might sell for or how i might go about selling it. it was made in the year where 91 of them were made.I believe that was 1984 or something. I have the last version of it. This guitar is in mint condition. There is absouletly nothing wrong with it. It has been in a case for 10 years. It has only been played a few times. please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks for your time. -matt

Re: i have the last guild x-100 bladerunner made

are you still selling the x-100?

: i want to sell this guitar because i am moving and my wife wants me to get rid of it. I was curious what it might sell for or how i might go about selling it. it was made in the year where 91 of them were made.I believe that was 1984 or something. I have the last version of it. This guitar is in mint condition. There is absouletly nothing wrong with it. It has been in a case for 10 years. It has only been played a few times. please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks for your time. -matt

well are you going to sell it or what?

well are you going to sell it or what?

: i want to sell this guitar because i am moving and my wife wants me to get rid of it. I was curious what it might sell for or how i might go about selling it. it was made in the year where 91 of them were made.I believe that was 1984 or something. I have the last version of it. This guitar is in mint condition. There is absouletly nothing wrong with it. It has been in a case for 10 years. It has only been played a few times. please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks for your time. -matt

Did you ever sell it?Do you have a picture of it?

do you still have the guitar? i havent heard from you in a few months

Vandenberg Owners Group

I have a Peavey Vandenberg sig guitar, and read there are groups or discussion boards on the net related to these. Does anyone know of any?
Is there a Peavey board or Peavey owners board?

3/4 size guitar

I've inherited a childs (3/4) size acoustic guitar. The book that came with it is date 1963. There is no names or numbers what so ever on the guitar. Does anyone know where I can go to find out what it is that I have and what its value is?

Re: 3/4 size guitar

Who published the book ? Thats probally a good place to start.

: I've inherited a childs (3/4) size acoustic guitar. The book that came with it is date 1963. There is no names or numbers what so ever on the guitar. Does anyone know where I can go to find out what it is that I have and what its value is?

Anybody here from Oregon.Or new to the area

I'm a working player in the Egene-Springfield area.Always interested in meeting new players and swapping ideas.I've been playing a house gig for almost three yrs with three good players but it's still easy to get in that auto zone rut if I don't get other input besides my co-workers.Also I can introduce you to other players of all skill levels,teachers,tell you where the jam sessions are etc.

digitech rp 14

todo lo referente al procesador de efectos digitech rp14

Re: digitech rp 14

: todo lo referente al procesador de efectos digitech rp14
y patches para el mismo.

Ovation Balladeer

I have a model 111-4 ovation- - how much is it worth?

Re: Ovation Balladeer

: I have a model 111-4 ovation- - how much is it worth?
check e-bay...going for between 350.00 and 750.00 w/case.

Repair

i just bought some new strings and when i put them in and tuned them i saw the saddle on my guiat and raised up and stayed up raising my action and leaving my whammy bar useless if anyone knows how to fix htis or what it is i would appreciate any tips.

music man bass question

my friend just got a used music man 4 string bass. she said that there was some 9 volt battery in it or something that makes it louder. i havent heard of that before. do they really do that or did she just get charged extra for stuff it doesnt have. please reply

Re: music man bass question

Active pickups usually have a higher output (not to be confused with 'louder', not the purpose but it can sound that way, ie 'louder') and need to be powered... usually via battery placed in the guitar... so nothing weird about it, and price depends on the pups.

: my friend just got a used music man 4 string bass. she said that there was some 9 volt battery in it or something that makes it louder. i havent heard of that before. do they really do that or did she just get charged extra for stuff it doesnt have. please reply

CKY distortion

Does anybody here know what type of distortion pedal Deron Miller from cky uses to get his distortion. Or better yet if anyone here has a GNX3 (digitech), can you email me the settings to get that cky sound if you got it. Thanks

Re: CKY distortion

: Does anybody here know what type of distortion pedal Deron Miller from cky uses to get his distortion. Or better yet if anyone here has a GNX3 (digitech), can you email me the settings to get that cky sound if you got it. Thanks

well on cky4 i noticed him using a boss cudnt quite make out what modle it was but it one one of them with the 3 knobs not 4, dunno if that helps.. av a look on cky4 and c for ya self.. :)

if you go to BOSSUS.com OR WAS IT USA??well one of those lets u test all of there pedals and u can hear different samples and thats what kinda of pedals deron uses.i know he has the synth wah but the distorion i found i just forgot the name HOPE I HELPED!!!!!!

Deron uses a "Boss" distorter the S-5 i think one of the tricks to ckys sound is the octave pedal a boss octave pedal and a boss S-5 distorter seem to get the job done for me but now i can onyl afford the S-5 and dont have an octave but lots of tone helps!

Yeah! i found out that if you use the Boss OC-2 Octave effect pedal with the MT-2 Metal Zone effect pedal, you can get a sound that is about identical to CKY's fuzzy distortion.

martin guitar

i have a d-28 martin guitar that i would like to find out how old it is. the number inside the guitar is 396247.

Re: martin guitar

from '93

:
: i have a d-28 martin guitar that i would like to find out how old it is. the number inside the guitar is 396247.

: from '93

:
: :
: : i have a d-28 martin guitar that i would like to find out how old it is. the number inside the guitar is 396247.

: : from '93

: : :
: : : i have a d-28 martin guitar that i would like to find out how old it is. the number inside the guitar is 396247.

I think your guitar is from about 1967-1968 , I also have a very old Martin 000-042 that was left to me in a will . My Uncle was a studio musician for some guy named Porter Wagner, I had it appraised for insurance and they told me that because of condition and such it should bring about 25,000 to 30,000 bucks,,,what a shock thats more than my car cost !

:
: i have a d-28 martin guitar that i would like to find out how old it is. the number inside the guitar is 396247.

1976... see this URL http://www.martinguitar.com/history/dating.html

Cheers!

T

77 Kramer 450

I'd like to know how much this guitar is worth, mint condition.

Re: 77 Kramer 450

3 clams and a mussle

: I'd like to know how much this guitar is worth, mint condition.

: 3 clams and a mussle

:
: : I'd like to know how much this guitar is worth, mint condition.

oh, I wanted an oyster.

Yes oysters are nice, but 3 clams ain't bad though

: : 3 clams and a mussle

: : : I'd like to know how much this guitar is worth, mint condition.

: oh, I wanted an oyster.

: Yes oysters are nice, but 3 clams ain't bad though

:
: : : 3 clams and a mussle

: : :
: : : : I'd like to know how much this guitar is worth, mint condition.

: : oh, I wanted an oyster.

so you have no clue

Around $250 for the bass, $300 (3 clams) for the guitar (both for ex condition), mainly because of the 'novelty' aluminum necks.

: : Yes oysters are nice, but 3 clams ain't bad though

: : : : 3 clams and a mussle

: : : :
: : : : : I'd like to know how much this guitar is worth, mint condition.

: : : oh, I wanted an oyster.

: so you have no clue

I just bought one at a pawn shop today Fri Jan 9 for $250

HELP NEEDED!

I already posted one message about this. The saddle on my guitar raised up when i tuned these new strings i just bought and it raised my action and left my whammy bar useless. any tip would be great thanks

Re: HELP NEEDED!

sounds like a floyd, you have to learn how to tune em to keep the bridge level, it can be a bitch the first few times till you get it down, best way is to have someone show you and there are tons of sites with step-by-step directions w/pics and stuff, also if changing gauges you have to adjust (or add) springs too

: I already posted one message about this. The saddle on my guitar raised up when i tuned these new strings i just bought and it raised my action and left my whammy bar useless. any tip would be great thanks

FOR SALE GUITARRA FLAMENCA " CONDE HERMANOS"

GUITARRA FLAMENCA "HERMANOS CONDE" AÑO 1986 COMO NUEVA

Re: FOR SALE GUITARRA FLAMENCA

: GUITARRA FLAMENCA "HERMANOS CONDE" AÑO 1986 COMO NUEVA

me interesa.
precio? maderas? modelo?

Can ya help me out?

what are the cords and lyrics to Lowrider by War?

Re: Can ya help me out?

Go to wholenote.com and search the tabs... it's out there.

: what are the cords and lyrics to Lowrider by War?

HHHHEEEEELLLPPPPP

Can sobody help me hwith Finding The gitar acords to some LINKIN PARK songs. (not tabs i dont understand does)

Re: HHHHEEEEELLLPPPPP

since you can't use tab, mos their songs are in the key of F and pretty basic i-iii-ii 'acord' progressions... got it ?

: Can sobody help me hwith Finding The gitar acords to some LINKIN PARK songs. (not tabs i dont understand does)

Re: HHHHEEEEELLLPPPPP

http://www.guitartabs.cc/

old guitar

my dad bought this guitar in 1945 when he got out of the service and i was wondering what it was worth.

Re: old guitar

Since you provide no details I would say 1 mussle 2 barnacles

: my dad bought this guitar in 1945 when he got out of the service and i was wondering what it was worth.

Park Grimshaw Guitar

Has anyone heard of these guitars?
They are Gibson Les Paul copies.

Re: Park Grimshaw Guitar

: Has anyone heard of these guitars?
: They are Gibson Les Paul copies.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.