Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2003

Archive for posts from July, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Park Grimshaw Guitar

: : Has anyone heard of these guitars?
: : They are Gibson Les Paul copies.
They were made by emilio grimshaws company for the cleartone ditribution company which was part owned by jim marshall.I think the guitars were late 60's early 70's.They did a les paul a hollow body (semi and a sg type doubleneck.Hope that helps you.

Yeah i own one i think they're meant to be copies of 'the dot'

I also owned a Grimshaw in the 60s,a red GS30 les paul type. I met Mr Grimshaw who set it up while I waited. Park I was told was a distributor,who added their logo if they supplied it. Mine only had Grimshaw on the headstock. I was impressed with the one I had and wished I had never sold it.

I owned a Grimshaw (Park) Les Paul Copy bought it in 1979 it was a tobacco Sunburst solid body rosewood neck with twin humbuckers. I wish I hadn't sold it.

: Has anyone heard of these guitars?
: They are Gibson Les Paul copies.

Yes, I met Mr Grimshaw back in the 1960s and currently own a Grimshaw archtop.

Will

will@post.com

chords and lyrics

hi out there Can any body give me the chords and lyrics to PINBALLWIZARD by the who many thanks

Re: chords and lyrics

Goto wholenote.com and search under tab, theres a couple of good fully tabed versions out there.

:
: hi out there Can any body give me the chords and lyrics to PINBALLWIZARD by the who many thanks

Oops...i've broken it.

First off, i'll admit to being a dipstick.I recently bought a Stagg for a present for someone.For a month all was well then i noticed that the output socket was loose and causing a bit of noise.I nipped up the retaining nut and as i was doing so, noticed that the socket was turning as well - result the wires on the rear came away from the lugs. I didn't know if the wires were fitted to a particular lug or if they coud be fitted any way round so i took it back to the shop for repair.The thing is i now notice a buzzing coming from the amp when the volume is turned up over half way. I don't recall this buzzing being present before my mishap.If the wires were fitted to the output socket the wrong way around would this cause the buzzing ? Can somone with a Stagg tell me which wire should go where ? Thanks.

Re: Oops...i've broken it.

Forgot to say that the buzzing stops when any string or metal part is touched with a finger.

Re: Oops...i've broken it.

>Forgot to say that the buzzing stops when any string >or metal part is touched with a finger.

That means the wires on the output jack are the wrong way round, so the gtr is not grounded.

i need metal tabs

if anyone has any scanned tabs from any metal bands can u please send them to me my email is jack_the_ripper_1882@hotmail.com

Re: i need metal tabs

: if anyone has the tabs of "Future World" from Pretty Maids can u please send them to me my email is Jens.Kelschenbach@siemens.com

jea!! plz send me too to BlitzCreeP@gmx.net
i can not find em anywhere! :(

please send any scanned shadows fall, lamb of god, killswitch engage or deftones tabs.
Thank You

Guitar for sale, (Virginia)

I have a like new Harmony 6-String Guitar I would like to sell. Do you have any idea's for me on how to sell it? It has been out of the case only 1 time.

Thanks.

guitar strap

how do i put a guitar strap onto a guitar with one pin on it? the strap also came with like a shoestring thing in one end through the hole...

Re: guitar strap

: I have the same exact question. I have a Washburn D10S acoustic guitar and recently bought a guitar strap for it. One end obviously fits on the pin at the bottom, but the other end has a hile with a leather string. So, how does this attach?
: how do i put a guitar strap onto a guitar with one pin on it? the strap also came with like a shoestring thing in one end through the hole...

Re: guitar strap

:
: how do i put a guitar strap onto a guitar with one pin on it? the strap also came with like a shoestring thing in one end through the hole...

tie the piece of string to the headstock but make sure you thread it under the strings else it'l de tune the damn thing!!

Wilson Guitars

Hi I am looking for in formation on a guitar manufacturer called wilson, I think the company was bought up by Aria in the mid 60's.
I own a Wilson guitar and would like to know more about it

Re: Wilson Guitars

: Hi I am looking for in formation on a guitar manufacturer called wilson, I think the company was bought up by Aria in the mid 60's.
: I own a Wilson guitar and would like to know more about it

Robert, I bought 2 Wilson guitars in the late 60's / early 70's--one steel, one classical. I was told by the proprietor of the music shop that it was the same Wilson Co. that makes tennis balls and hot dogs. Decent instruments at affordable prices. I still have the steel string, and I'm looking for a nylon like the one I had--I believe a model J-12 or J-2. Just out of curiosity, does your Wilson have a similar model # on the interior label?

I have recently been given a Wilson nylon strung bass guitar, if anyone finds any info on Wilson Guitars on the net or otherwise please let me know...geraintja@hotmail.com

I too have a Wilson steel string guitar and have been trying to find out more about it. It is hand made with some nice pearl inlay and is made in Japan. Quality appears good. Any info would be appreciated. Also would like to sell.

: Hi I am looking for in formation on a guitar manufacturer called wilson, I think the company was bought up by Aria in the mid 60's.
: I own a Wilson guitar and would like to know more about it

RE: Wilson Bros. guitatrs

I am looking for information about Wilson Bros guitars, a subsid currently of Aria Guitars, which The Ventures use currently.

M I K E

Well, maybe this is not the same manufacturer, but I know that Watkins Musical Instruments (of copy cat fame) had another company called Watkins (they were brothers) who9 made their guitars. When Watkins the guitar maker stopped being part of the business the name changed to Wilson.
That's the story I heard...

re-fretting

Hello, everynbody. I own an '89 American Fender Stratocaster and I'm thinking about re-fretting it -it needs it badly. What are the pro's and con's; will it be very expensive? closest city where I can have it done is Austin, Tx. I live about 6 hrs. south of Austin. Any info will help. Thank you! -Mario

Re: re-fretting

Not much to the pros/cons, if it needs a fret job it needs it and it isn't too expensive. There'll be alot of places in Austin so call around or ask at the TDPRI.COM, someone there from the area will point you to a good shop.

: Hello, everynbody. I own an '89 American Fender Stratocaster and I'm thinking about re-fretting it -it needs it badly. What are the pro's and con's; will it be very expensive? closest city where I can have it done is Austin, Tx. I live about 6 hrs. south of Austin. Any info will help. Thank you! -Mario

Harmony Guitar

Harmony Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Harmony Guitar

what are the fingerings for chords G/B and D/F#?

im tryin to get these chords because im gettin to know this song by america.... plz help i would like that alot folks :)

Re: what are the fingerings for chords G/B and D/F#?

G/B:020033 DUNNO THE OTHER.

Tama TG-120

I aquired a Tama TG-120,SN7010247,in '86 for a paultry 100.00. Didn't think much of it at first,but after a while we became inseparable as it shall be forevermore.Was wondering if someone could tell me the year of manufacture,cost new,& approx. value now.Thanks,E.P.

Fender Jazzmaster

I am building a fender jazzmaster and need help, I am using a fixed strat-type bridge and need help on where to place it on the body. If anyone can help please e-mail me. Any other advice or dimensions would also be appreciated.

Re: Fender Jazzmaster

If you are using a jazzmaster neck on your guitar, the scale length is 25.5 inches. Therefore you want to place the bridge so that the saddles are 25.5 inches from the nut of the neck.

: I am building a fender jazzmaster and need help, I am using a fixed strat-type bridge and need help on where to place it on the body. If anyone can help please e-mail me. Any other advice or dimensions would also be appreciated.

Boss GT6 Effect inquiry

I have a Boss GT6 that has been driving me crazy. I have been trying to add a single effect from the[FX1]menu to a particular patch. Every time I try the pedal automatically turns all of the effects in[FX1] on or off. All I want to add is one. I've read the manual and can't find any info. Please help.

Kay Guitar

I am trying to find some information on a Kay Guitar with a serial number L9171, would like to know year made,value if any, etc. Any help appreciated.

Re: Kay Guitar

How does your Kay play? Have been looking at them on ebay

: I am trying to find some information on a Kay Guitar with a serial number L9171, would like to know year made,value if any, etc. Any help appreciated.
why cant you guys just have a fucking page with the prices on it you just got to make it harder you fucking fuck face faggets

: why cant you guys just have a fucking page with the prices on it you just got to make it harder you fucking fuck face faggets

Shut up lard butt. Go loose some weight. MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL.

Axis Guitar Pickups

My dad said his friend could get me a set of Axis humbucker pickups, are they any good? i know they are the ones that EVH uses... thanks

Re: Axis Guitar Pickups

If they are actual Ernie Ball pickups, they are a special made pickup by Dimarzio that no other guitar coms with. They have a very unique magnet in them made of a very rare magnetic property called "Neo Demium", which is used in the first Electrovoice microphone to totally blow away the Sure SM-57 a few years ago. These pickups sound like no others, and I have had them all. Ed Roman sells a set manufactured by the Duncan Custom Shop for another Patent holder now, and they are called "Black Back-ND" pickups....ND meaning "Non Disclosure"....exact design Eddie Van Halen made at Dimarzio for the AXIS (then the EVH Signature) Guitar. If you buy them from Duncan directly, they will cost you $320 a pair, where you can get them from Ed Roman for about $200 a pair..pretty good, huh?

: My dad said his friend could get me a set of Axis humbucker pickups, are they any good? i know they are the ones that EVH uses... thanks

vox valvetronix 60

what way do i start to find this thing out killer amp but so complicated using les paul classic

Baldwin split sound Jazz Guitar 4 sale

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2548247451&category=2384&rd=1 Item number: 2548247451

whole lotta love medley tab

I'm desperate to find the guitar tab for Led Zep Whole Lotta Love blues medley as featured on How the West Was Won....can't find it anywhere, can anyone help??

Re: whole lotta love medley tab

Check e-tabs.org or guitartabs.cc

i need a patch of Korg ax 1500g

can you help me ? i'm realy need it !!!

Gibson acoustic plans

Does anybody on the planet know where I can get plans to build a hummingbird or j45.

Dating & Value of an Epiphone Bass

To make a long story short: I had a friend come by with a bass he wanted to get rid of. Seeing as how I've never played an insturment, I turned here for advice.

The Bass:
Epiphone-El Capitan, Electric/Acoustic
Cherry Sunburst w/a cream colored banding?.
Standard body (not cut away)
I think it may be a maple body with a rosewood fret board.
Not sure of the year...
Made in Korea, Serial # 146646
(Very Close to perfect Condition)
Epiphone hard case.

The Bass is stamped "used" on the back of the head.(indented into the wood) Inside the hole it has the Epiphone/El Capitan Sticker and it is also stamped, "used - no warranty". (in ink)

It plays and sounds great. I had a friend who plays guitar look at it and he said it was absolutely beautiful, but he really knew nothing in terms of value.

I looked at new El Capitan elec/acou basses online and they list for $999.00 and sell for around $600.00.

So my questions are:
1. What is this bass actually worth?
2. What does all of the used stamping really mean? Does this detract from the value of the bass?
3. How can I tell how old this bass is?

Sorry to ramble...Thanks for any input you may have...

beginner

hi, I'm a beginner guitarist and i bought my first electric guitar a couple days ago. the music i am into is metal, rock, and old punk. i was wondering if there are any easy songs to begin with even if they arent rock or punk. thanks.......kendra

Re: beginner

Iron Man (Black Sabbath), Dammit by Blink 182,
The best thing to do though is practice chords and scales to help stretch and train your fingers.

Re: beginner

I would recomend metallica's "ONE" it is a very easy song to play, also i learned Sweet Home Alabama for my first song.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.