Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2003

Archive for posts from August, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

PAESOLD Model#P230 12 string guitar info wanted

Hi,
I just bought a PAESOLD Model#P230 12string guitar from a Goodwill for $40. It's in good shape with normal 12string stress cracks. I took a chance, bought it,replaced missing nut, pegs and strings.

Sounds great.

Can anybody help me evaluate this guitar for price and collectability. Any info appreciated.

Regards,
Gary Smith
cheapgary@yahoo.com

"How deeply I need you" Guitar chords/tabs

Hey everyone i was hoping that someone (anyone)could help me! I want the chords/tabs for "How deeply I need you" I don't know who sings the song, but i like the song a lot and it would be awesome if someone could either give me a follow-up to this or better yet even email me the chords/tabs!! Thanks a lot and God bless everyone! Yours~Matt

Jumbo Frets

just got a Yamaha RGX and notice it has Jumbo Frets. anybody know how these differ from ordinary frets and if they make the tone better?

thanks
Mike

Re: Jumbo Frets

jumbos are just larger and in general make fretting easier (to me at least), they affect bending and fret out easier and probally a few other things but I've never cared for em so don't have any guitars with em, all in all they won't affect your tone much so if you like em stick with em.

: just got a Yamaha RGX and notice it has Jumbo Frets. anybody know how these differ from ordinary frets and if they make the tone better?

: thanks
: Mike

Some of this "me" already stated but basically they're good for bending and sustain so when your bending your strings the tone will be stronger and last longer.

Yeah mike is right about the bending (I had it backwards now that I think about what larger wire should do)... last one I played probally just needed some dressing and why it fretted out.

: Some of this "me" already stated but basically they're good for bending and sustain so when your bending your strings the tone will be stronger and last longer.

tube amp overdrive

I have a Hot Rod Deville 212. Has 3 channels. I understand that turning the drive channel up increases gain and overdrive. Is this done to the tubes thru the preamp? Is the sound from the drive channel, with some gain applied, at a medium/low volume, identical to the overdrive you'd get cranking up the clean channel?

MAISON RE 280 GUITAR

MAISON RE 280 GUITAR

This popular thread has been given its own page : MAISON RE 280 GUITAR

Your Show Sat. on the 23rd at the oach House.

Andy a friend and I went to the show Sat. Your drummer I must say did a great job even with a hurt arm. I play Drums too and I did a show with a broken arm. I guess what I'm saying is it's true when they say the show must go on. ha ha. Great show and thanks for being a good roll model for my style of drumming and the music that I write. I Dig Odd Time fifures like the Pilgram... Have a great time on your tour. Wish I could be Drumming for you. I know... You can't have everything... But why not ha ha
Gruve E. Ramirez

Help

I want to have full version guitar pro 4 but I can't registry what I should do

Re: Help

BUY IT SHERLOCK!!!!!!!!!!

: I want to have full version guitar pro 4 but I can't registry what I should do

locking nut

I have floyd rose locking nut problem: the holes are more narrow than my strings are, it looks like this:
---\__/--\_/--\/----, my strings are thicker (0.053) and i need them cut so they can be like this:
---\____/-\___/--\_/----. Got the idea?

I want to try GOI polishing paste, should I do it? Do you know any other way out??? thank you.

Re: locking nut

I would just file them to the desired size, then touch up the locking nut to fit snug.

: I have floyd rose locking nut problem: the holes are more narrow than my strings are, it looks like this:
: ---\__/--\_/--\/----, my strings are thicker (0.053) and i need them cut so they can be like this:
: ---\____/-\___/--\_/----. Got the idea?

: I want to try GOI polishing paste, should I do it? Do you know any other way out??? thank you.

: I would just file them to the desired size, then touch up the locking nut to fit snug.

but I need special sets of files... but there is no way I can get 0.012 file here.

What about a dremel w/fine grinding wheel ?? hacksaw blade ?? stuff like that, be creative.

: : I would just file them to the desired size, then touch up the locking nut to fit snug.

: but I need special sets of files... but there is no way I can get 0.012 file here.

I decided to use sparse emery paper.... is it ok?

What about a dremel w/fine grinding wheel ?? hacksaw blade ?? stuff like that, be creative.

:

distortion wit ibanez equipment

heyz, well ive got a Ibanez GRX70, with a IBZ10 amp and a SmashBox(SM7) distortion pedal, i was wonderin if anyone could tell me how to get rock & roll sounds and nice heavy metal sounds with the equpiment i have, thanx \m/

want some more info about MetallicA....

hi everybody...
does anyone knows what are the scales that Kirk Hammett used in his solo on "Creeping Death"?
what is the plan of Metallica in the next months????

want some more info about MetallicA....

hi everybody...
does anyone knows what are the scales that Kirk Hammett used in his solo on "Creeping Death"?
what is the plan of Metallica in the next months????

Re: want some more info about MetallicA....

It sounds like the harmonic minor scale (natural minor scale with a major seventh. It'll probebly be in E harmonic minor, but I don't know that for sure.

And the next months the'll be touring. Check their site (www.metallica.com) for tour dates.

Les Paul Custom

Hi, i have a 1980 model Les Paul Custom, serial# 80560084, it was one of a limited number made of its kind, it has a Pearl plat on the back of the heastock with " Reg No 42" on it, it was put 0n it at the factory because i bought it new, it was the 42nd one made of that kind thats about all i know about it, if you know anything about it let me know, it is gold in color, i may consider selling it, i dont play it, i have a fender i play, i play Nashville style guitar and the fender is better for that style, the Les Paul is in great shape, i have pics available. I am a host on www.guitartricks.com where i have over 220 riffs you can listen to and they are tabed and its free, its mostly Country Style Lead riffs and Eagles and Skynrd riffs. Check it out sometime, thanks.

kiso suzuki 195A no. 4

Can anyone give me any info on this guitar....
Kiso Suzuki 195A No. 4

Want to learn Contry style & Eagles & Skynyrd Riffs?

Just go to www.guitartricks.com and click on my name, i have over 220 riffs you can listen too and they are tabed and its free, thanks.

epiphone LP Standard. To buy, or not to buy?

im looking to buy one and was wondering if there were any big reasons not to...they look good and are cheap and have agood sound as far as i can tell....
any opinions appreciated.

washburn af40v electric guitar

I own an AF40V electric guitar and would like to hear from someone else that has one. How rare are they becoming? Do they hold any value?

Re: washburn af40v electric guitar

I have one also. They seem to be quite rare I think there were about 300 sold worldwide. They hold their value considering they are korean made and only retailed for around $800, they sell for more than that now. The black and red ones are much rarer than the black and silver ones. Thats about all I know, its nice to talk to another owner of the AF40-V.

i've been looking for one for a while, if you're interested in selling let me know

I own this particular Guitar....It ROCKS, has the warmest low end sound I have ever heard, and I do not have cheap guitars at home!

Good luck finding one...I had looked for years, if you get a chance to get one...pay what you will, you will love this guitar.

Kevin - kk kreutzer Rocks

I have one that is going on ebay very soon. The very rare black with red Z.

how easy 2 switch?

hey. i play drums and want 2 start learning bass guitar. i play bassoon as well which is written in bass clef. Would knowing bass clef be an advantage to me? Just wondering, il start learning anyway, but please get back 2 me an let me know. Thanks

Kahler Tremolo III System and lock nut

Hi there, I am looking for the Kahler Tremolo III system and for the height adjustable lock nut for a Fender Stratocaster MAde in Japan.

Can anybody help me to find it????

Regards
Frank
Germany

Kahler Tremolo III and lock nut for Fender Strat

Hi there,
I am looking for a Kahler Tremolo III and the height adjustable lock nut for a fender stratocaster made in japan, can anybody help me to find it

Regards
Frank
Germany

Re: Kahler Tremolo III and lock nut for Fender Strat

Try asking at: TDPRI.COM, theres a strat forum there and sure someone will point you to one there.

: Hi there,
: I am looking for a Kahler Tremolo III and the height adjustable lock nut for a fender stratocaster made in japan, can anybody help me to find it

: Regards
: Frank
: Germany

Re: Kahler Tremolo III and lock nut for Fender Strat

try the auctions

information regarding the digitech gnx3.

if anyone has detailed information regarding the gnx3,of how it works,the sound quality of the recorder as well as the overall sound etc..., please do mail me!!! thnx a million in advance!

I like boys

I have recently found myself pictureing men when I masturbate. Please e-mail me with thoughts. Am I gay? I think I still like girls...but I look at guys alot more than girls...am I sick. Help!
Leigh

Re: I like boys..... I can help you

I like boys too, email me and lets talk!

: I have recently found myself pictureing men when I masturbate. Please e-mail me with thoughts. Am I gay? I think I still like girls...but I look at guys alot more than girls...am I sick. Help!
: Leigh

Re: I like boys..... I can help you

dude your by

belajar main gitar

saya nak belajar main gitar

base guitar

i want to know how to use a base guitar. pleas help me

Re: base guitar

: i want to know how to use a base guitar. pleas help me

anyone one there

:
: anyone one there
fuck this shit your gay!!!

: : i want to know how to use a base guitar. pleas help me

i want to know how to play a base guitar, were to get one, and where i can get lessons: i beg of you, i need the help

I'm looking for a base,for not alot..pretty cheap if i can find it...can anyone help?

: i want to know how to use a base guitar. pleas help me

I am learning my self but I might be able to help a little. Frist get your base and Learn the notes yes learn them you can go online and get the scale for free. I know one song my Heart Will Go On. (Titainic)
It will be played on your E and D string. I will look in the next week to see if anyone is interested in my help with this.

: i want to know more about playing base guitar and know those secretin playing base guitar.

I want to learn how to read tab

i want to form a heavy metal band !!

i am from MUMBAI
i play guitars and i vocal too ...i need a lead guitarist, a bassist and a drummer ...who breathe Metal ..but at the same time would love to experiment with different sounds ...age -- around 20
if you think u r in for this..mail me

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.